Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I've unlocked Festivus CBG, but I don't see him as an option. Anyone else get this?
    Check your inventory, he's in there.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

You know, I've been wondering what Bob's Victorian house looks like in the Christmas/Winter scenes of Tapped Out. (For those of you who didn't know, it's a house you can buy as a part of a "Treehouse of Horror XXVI Promo", which Bob's family says "looks more like a Gothic Revivalist".) Believe me, I've never seen a Victorian house in the snow before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    Anyone know if crafting will be a part of act 3 or should I spend all my bows and shit now, even if I don't particularly need more decorations?
    pretty sure crafting goes away with act 2.

Handsomest guy in school Unxplained Bacon's Avatar

Hey guys. I have returned. I know you all missed me.

I stopped playing this game for a few months to focus on school and Year 12, along with a waning interest in the game (that soccer update earlier put me right off).

But now I'm all done with school and the goddamn IB diploma and have my results, so now I have a heap of time on my hands before I start uni. I'm currently downloading a huge update. Tried to get back into the game earlier but I've had a lot of issues with faulty connections.

I expect most of my old friends deleted me for my inactivity, and that's fine, but if you're willing to give me another chance, then could you please re-add me. I promise I will play far more frequently from now on. Name's inxplicably if you've forgotten/can't be bothered looking at the first page.

Blog Entries

Act 3 is refreshingly simple, although I think the Playdough factory will have something that seems missing right now...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Also the S1-esque animation on Miss Botz makes her worth the premium price alone.

Blog Entries

Yeah I like how they kept her goofy animations from season 1 instead of turning them stale, a nice touch for a classic character. Her outdoor tasks are really good aswell. This whole act has actually been relaxing so far, followed with a great and adorable storyline for Maggie and some great prizes to win. 3 new playable characters in this act alone. I love how Maggie travels around with a balloon rather than ahving her crawling speed increased.

I wonder what this mini game is that unlocks after the questline.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Miss Botz's animations make me wish we had a Homer and Marge "Some Enchanted Evening" task where they do that bad out of character dance seen in the rough cut.

ok so, is there a trick to beating this "find maggie" bullshit, or is it just nearly impossible/total dumb luck?

Blog Entries

wear headphones/earbuds and listen for her pacifier sucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    wear headphones/earbuds and listen for her pacifier sucking noise
    Out of context, that sounds really creepy.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

haha yeah I was about to comment on that but... eh nobody else wanders into the tapped out thread

I wanted to note that this has been the best Christmas event, and best event in general, in a long time.

It was easy to play, items were easy to obtain if you played a few times a day, and the Christmas portion ended and segued into a cool non-Christmassy final act at the perfect time. It's January and I'm not still dealing with Christmas!

Also, adding Maggie and going back to the plot of the game is sort of a big deal in the Tapped Out canon. Pretty funny, and sad, that the story so openly admits Krustyland was an awful idea.

Also, level 60 is coming. Goddamn, I never thought this game would last that long.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

agreed. loved the prizes and they even had two new fully-animated cut scenes which impressed me. the only thing I was bummed was the lack of new decor for different buildings.. they seemed to just offer some alternatives this time around

I have no idea what's next for the game now that they have maggie, but hey, bring it on.

(I suggest a bob's burgers crossover)

My one complaint is that they gave us all these lame items like the deer meat truck and the petting zoo. I have always wanted an Uncle Moe's Family Feedbag skin for MOE'S and instead they use the name for a weird zoo.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

Yeah this event has been great troughout all 3 acts, its actually one of the best events this game had alongside Halloween 2012, the Stonecutter and the Superhero event. A huge improvement over Halloween, which basically fixed all of its problems. A lot of great prizes, even the premium items are definately worth it and aren't to expensive. And a lot of new characters, with ofcourse the long waited Maggie with her cute tasks. I hope that Maggie mini-game stays after the event, I bet it will remain. The new cutscenes are also a nice addition, was kinda suprised to see a pretty long one with Maggie at the end. And overall the event was relaxing, it felt like the amount of resources needed to win the prizes felt about right, not too little and not to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    (I suggest a bob's burgers crossover)
    I'd sooner think of a Futurama crossover, since EA doesn't even own the rights of Bob's Burgers to use in this game. They would look very out of place anyway, the Futurama characters atleast with more with their design similarities to the Simpsons. With Maggie now finally being implemented, I'd say a Futurama event is my next #1 request.
    Last edited by Kaine; 01-13-2016 at 12:40 PM.

That final cutscene was pretty mindblowing.

Tapped Out really has a paper thin plot, but to see it expanded upon and even reinvented after so many years of playing the game was satisfying.

I am interested to see how the game will end. EA won't support it forever and once the show ends, the game will likely dry up. Makes me wonder if they will allow for an offline version once the servers are dead and gone. I think it would be a nice sendoff to allow players to generate a full resolution town map. But I'm thinking way in the future right now.

Blog Entries

my only nitpick with the winter event is that I had to start krustyland to complete it, I was holding off on that for when I get caught up with everybody else (I'm on level 40-something)

Blog Entries

I've had some insane luck with Springfield Downs lately, won the 200.000 dollar jackpot twice in a row and then the 40.000 one afterwards. Betting every day and I very rarely won.... so I guess I got all the money I've used to bet back now.

Not been so lucky with finding Maggie, my town is as huge as it can get and kind of a mess. The timer seems way to short imo.

So from what I hear, the tank destroys buildings in your town, reusing the skins from the Superhero event. I haven't made it to that point yet, but it sounds awesome! The damage is not permanent, I think you can clean it up with a tap.

I found Maggie the first time pretty easy despite being on the opposite side of town. The second time I couldn't fucking find her for the life of me.

She was on a building right next to the stupid Play-Doh factory but didn't appear like she was supposed to until I scrolled way the hell away from her. So annoying. Welp let's go 16 hours.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

snow is leaving soon

Blog Entries

The snow looks nice, and while this event is one of the best I wouldn't be to sad to see it gone by now. I kinda wonder which new events are ahead and when they will launch, if they follow their schedule as of late we would see the next one pretty soon. And hopefully they can keep up the quality.

Finding Maggie has gotten a lot easier for me now that I know a bit where to navigate, I've found her every time from now and its actually a fun little mini game. I expect that it'll stay around after the event.

Blog Entries

I still have a house farm in my town from when I had no money and Maggie has shown up there all but one time so far. Can't complain.

I liked this year's Christmas event (tbf I liked most 2015 events...except Springfield Heights ew), though it's probably second to Christmas 2014 part 1 (elves and presents). The prizes were probably the best part of this event: I thought there was a nice balance between giving newer players a chance to get past Christmas stuff and offering up a load of new content for long-time players (which I'd assume is getting progressively harder with the annual events like Halloween and Christmas - after all this is their fourth Christmas already). Crafting is probably their best bet at letting people choose to go for returning items vs new items, seeing as it's how they handled Halloween 2015 too.

And I think the Maggie mini-event after Christmas is a nice easy event to follow up with the second half of winter, even if four prizes is a bit disappointing after the 20-some prizes from the main Christmas event. I'd like to see more small events like this (or Valentine's Day 2014, that was pretty easy too...minus the wheel) in the future between those big events with a bunch of things going on at once.

The third time I played the Maggie game, I found her with 30 seconds to spare but could not tap her at all. Like, I zoomed in and out and tapped like crazy all over the screen and nothing.

Oh, and I got the final prize today. Happy to finally be done with this event. It was fun, but I want to focus on Springfield Heights again.

i've found that tapping the base of the building she's on works better than trying to actually tap her

Apparently the next update will feature Deep Space Homer.
    Brilliant!

Blog Entries

Can't wait to add the inanimate carbon rod. Though I'm sure the inevitable space shuttle dock will be enormous and won't fit smoothly into my Springfield.

Blog Entries

It's weird seeing all that green again. Hopefully there's a task morphing Deep Space Homer's face into Popeye's. But probably not, seeing how they changed NASA into NARA

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

buzz aldrin!
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Thread Information