Page 17 of 191 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Yes I understood that it wasn't yours but it looks very good!
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Not keen on the cannons though but I like it. But that's just me. I like simplicity.
    Im too far off Burns mannor. Still havent got Channel 6.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I've seen some Burns Manor pics with four of Burns' cars! A bit much if you ask me. Though I wouldn't mind getting one if I have the donuts to spare. It adds a 2% bonus to all jobs, which is pretty good.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Do these bonuses work now?

I thought they always did? I feel like I've gotten more $ since I've added more premium items to my town.

I finally build the Channel 6 I hope I'll have Dr Hibbert soon!

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

I just need a couple $1000 more and I can get the church!

Yeah and its like

" Reindeer - 20 (0.50% bonus money and XP to all jobs) "

The reindeers that we got during the christmas edition?

Thatsssssssss right

Blog Entries

I can still just barely get in the game. It keeps crashing!

I got the LEMON TREE FINALLY. I dont know if it adds bonus money and XP
    but so far I have:

Burning Bush - 0.50% bonus money and XP to all Jobs
    Homer's Hammock - 0.25%
    Bench (with towel)- 0.25%
    At least 10 Reindeer - 0.50%

EDIT:

People on the internet say the Lemon Tree gives $200, 20 XP every 6 hours,

Blog Entries

I haven't been able to play the game for like three days! So freaking annoying!

Blog Entries

Is anyone else having problems getting into the game?

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Twice this week my game would log out and would take a day before I could log into my own Springfield without having it say for me to make a new account and when I do log in, it says some things might be unsaved, but so far I haven't lost anything, but it's starting to get annoying not being able to log in at times. It really scared the shit out of me the first time I lost it and thought it was gone forever.

Maybe you could just delete the app and download it again. I've heard some games working after just redownloading another Tapped Out app.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Maybe you could just delete the app and download it again. I've heard some games working after just redownloading another Tapped Out app.
    I've already tried that, didn't work.

What you think of Pimento Grove?

Shame they didn't include palm trees.

So I guess thats the most Troy McClure we'll get from the game.
    I need more land so I can have poor and rich side of springfield.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

or maybe Troy is coming up in a later update, since nobody has any activities there yet maybe Troy will be the first
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

I'd be surprised if that was so. Would be his first appearance in a long time.

Really wish they added palm trees as items with the Pimento Grove update. As is, there isn't much to go on when it comes to making a true-to-the-show version of the restaurant.

Gotta say, I really like the innovation that they've added with Smithers. If one character is free, you can now duble them up for a two-character task (Smithers biking with Burns). It was pretty funny to see Smithers walk all the way across my town to reach Burns and they started biking about.

Makes me wonder what other duel tasks we might see. Shame there isn't a "Homer strangles Bart" task, or a "Krusty throws pies at Mel" task. I'll bet we'll see a Lenny/Carl task down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post

Gotta say, I really like the innovation that they've added with Smithers. If one character is free, you can now duble them up for a two-character task (Smithers biking with Burns). It was pretty funny to see Smithers walk all the way across my town to reach Burns and they started biking about.

Makes me wonder what other duel tasks we might see. Shame there isn't a "Homer strangles Bart" task, or a "Krusty throws pies at Mel" task. I'll bet we'll see a Lenny/Carl task down the road.

Yeah I was gonna suggest Lenny and Carl. Would be funny if you had to do missions with them both.
    Also I'm sure we'll see a Patty / Selma update eventually. To Homers dismay.

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_Darkness View Post
    You have to do all these quest before:

Where did you find that list? Is that on the EA website or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CMYK View Post
    Honestly I refuse to spend any money on a free app.
    Usually I prefer to buy more physical things I can own, even if its a download.
    Yeah, I'm with you. I've never understood why anybody would sink money into something that doesn't mean anything. You don't get anything out of it. To be honest, I think people who do give in and spend money are mugs.
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

Is Origin down or something? I opened up Tapped Out and got a message telling me I'd been signed out of Origin. I tried signing back in but it kept failing.

I think Origin is down, but the game is still working for me. I've taken a break from visiting friends towns, since the Santa Coin collecting burned me out and I now have 80+ friends. :P

M'kay. It wouldn't work for me so it automatically started a new game. Then, when I go to the neighbour screen, the Origin symbol isn't even there.

I've started expanding my land again, and have started to build a final spot for my Krusty Burger. Keeping in line with the show, I've been using these screengrabs:

Seems the show is pretty consistant when it comes to the Krusty Burger, and it's pretty easy to build. Once I have it all completed I'll post a screen of my handy work. As for location, I've placed it southeast of the town square. In the Simpsons Movie, Bart skateboards to Krusty Burger and goes from the neighborhood, through the town square, and after a few blocks reaches Krusty Burger. I figured with the lack of buildings, I'd cut the two block gap and place the restaurant below and to the right of the square.

I think I'm going to start designing my Springfield to look like the one used in the show too. Do any of you use a map to help you give specific buildings proper locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    I think I'm going to start designing my Springfield to look like the one used in the show too. Do any of you use a map to help you give specific buildings proper locations?
    What I've been doing was a combination of things.

I've been using episodes as a basis for the design. So if, say, Apu is crying on the Simpsons roof in "Homer and Apu" and Apu can see the Kwik-E-Mart directly south of the home, I placed the Kwik-E-Mart a few blocks south of the Simpsons home. If characters need to drive or bike to certain locations, I place them appropriately. Lisa was able to bike to the Hibbert Family Practice, so I placed it far enough from the home to make it worthy of a bike ride, but still in the neighborhood.

Same goes for the Retirement Castle. Grandpa isn't that far from the family, but is far enough that they drive there. There is a bit of irony too, as Grandpa says they don't visit enough, and they could given the distance, but they don't. I also figured the old folks get to the town hall meetings all the time, so they must be close to town hall. I also used "To Cur, With Love" to determine where to place the Retirement Castle. Frink shows off his gas-free car in the town square, and drives it a block, crashing into the Retirement Castle. Then there is the way I figured where Krusty Burger was, in my post above. Point is, while there isn't a concrete map of the town, there are hints throughout the series that give a general idea of where things are.

I've been using the Map of Springfield put together by some fans, but I use it loosely as there are inconsistances: http://adn.blam.be/springfield/ For example, I personally don't think the school is next to the church. More likely, both are in the neighborhood, but the school is southwest of the Simpson home, and the church is east of the home with the Retirement Castle on the way (so the family can pick up grampa on the way to church). Still, it's good at giving a general idea.

The opening titles, both SD and HD and the Movie, are also helpful. I figured if the opening credits fly past Burns Manor and the Observatory in the Movie then those two will be far south of the town. Next we have the town square which features the town hall, the library, the post office, Aztec, Android's Dungeon and Skips (which is supposed to be to the right of the comic shop). Then there is Moe's and king toots, followed by the school and then the Simpsons neighborhood.

My grand plan is to have a river running through the town east of Pressboard Estates. West of the river will be all the things mentioned above. East of the river will be more of a down town with the apartments, higher scale stores (Mapple), and higher scale restaurants (Truffle, Pimento). I'll also probably have a two lane highway running through the town (Michael Jackson Expressway). The SNPP will be southeast, near Lake Springfield and Cletus's home in the woods. The SPRINGFIELD sign will be northeast.

whew!

--

Oh yeah, here is my Krusty Burger!

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Junior Camper

I also cannot login, it says that my springfield didn't save on this device even though I have never played the game on any other device. What do I need to do? I haven't played the game in a while. Really disappointed!

I've never been so happy to have access to a freaking chain link fence. This game brings me happiness in very simple forms.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Thread Information