Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #5011
    Cornball Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    25,965
    Blog Entries
    28


    Hey guuuys...um, now that money is no longer hard to get for me, do you want to be friends again? I won't unfriend you if you don't visit me; just try to leave your town clean so I can visit you when events aren't going on. Anyway, my username is now jbuc147 if anyone I previously unfriended wants to reconcile.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

  2. #5012
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,866


    lol panth

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    This event seems pretty darn good. It looks a lot like this years Halloween event, but unlike Halloween it has a lot of great prices. And best of all, WE FINALLY GET F*****ING  MAGGIE!!!!! . Its not like EA is even trying to keep it as a suprise

    Though now I have to farm a lot of those yoga mats for different objectives, am actually tempted to buy Disco Stu to speed it up. And I hate when the characters who are also doing the Monorail tasks are also the ones who have to farm the resources for the event, its usually the first week that gets painful but then it lightens up. It seems like this event doesn't take ridiculously long like with Halloween. And I haven't experienced any lagg yet, yup it really seems like EA learned from their mistakes with halloween and fixed it all with this event.

    I also like how you can be naughty or nice when giving presents, I'm trying to be like 75% nice and 25% naughty.
    I just pick Nice every time. I have "issues" with the idea of picking Naughty. And I did actually just go ahead and buy Disco Stu when SH opened up so I could deal with those stupid yoga mats. I have no idea where to put the actual Disco, but I don't mind having him around. My next goal is to get Luann Van Houten. She still cost too much for me during the Black Friday sales

    I'm just so happy to see snow again
    I started playing the game during a Thanksgiving period so I saw more snowy Springfield than green.

    And almost entirely thanks to the existence of the unemployment office job feature, I've been earning money steadily every day and buying up a ton of land now that the prices are discounted for some areas. I've moved the nuclear power plant all the way to the south because I used to have it by the mountains and Evergreen Terrace which I didn't care for.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

  3. #5013
    SuperFriend Kaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,681
    Blog Entries
    1


    I'm suprised by myself that I still haven't bought Luann yet, even while she's one of the more profitable characters. I didn't really care for the Cracker Factory enough to make it my first purchase.

    The snow looks really nice, must've taken some work for EA to model every single object in game with snow on it.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

  4. #5014
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,585


    If anyone still needs to add me to their arsenal of neighbors to visit, feel free to send me an invite. Tapped Out name is = gatrebu.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - ?/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - ?/5
    Screenless - ?/5 / Highway to Well - ?/5 / Better Off Ned - ?/5

  5. #5015
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,882
    Blog Entries
    5


    I read up on spoilers for this event and um, holy shit. Soon you're going to have to abandon SH or Monorail crafting and just grind on several different projects.

    The good news is the insane amount of new characters and prizes. This is alongside some insanely long questines. Damn!
    twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

  6. #5016
    vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,397


    Wonder if TheRealFP has a naughty/nice spreadsheet and is unfriending anybody whose naughty to nice ratio leans to naughty?
    UP AND ATOM!

  7. #5017
    Hired Goon box elder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,673


    who would ever use naughty? unless you don't want anyone ever leaving you presents again. not that it really matters though, with the white lettering on the mostly white background i can only even tell who left me presents like 20% of the time anyway

  8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

  9. #5018
    Cornball Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    25,965
    Blog Entries
    28


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Wonder if TheRealFP has a naughty/nice spreadsheet and is unfriending anybody whose naughty to nice ratio leans to naughty?
    TheRealFP no longer exists. And even if I did unfriend people who did that, I wouldn't need a spreadsheet; it shows the naughty/nice ratio of the everyone on the friends list.

  10. #5019
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,882
    Blog Entries
    5


    Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    who would ever use naughty? unless you don't want anyone ever leaving you presents again. not that it really matters though, with the white lettering on the mostly white background i can only even tell who left me presents like 20% of the time anyway
    it's a bizarre dick move for the game to give you especially when you get only FIVE presents to give out per day. "oh hey I chose you as one of my five choices, but fuck you anyways"

    I guess EA found it cute?

  11. #5020
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,866


    Well it's a real easy way to tell which of my friends are gonna get coal shoved in their mouths if I don't finish this event

    And I pretty much always abandon SH and Monorail for events because it's always the same stupid characters you need to do everything anyway.

  12. #5021
    A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun
    Posts
    5,561


    I would have assumed most people would pick "naughty" because you get more bows, and if you assume other people are going to pick "naughty" all the time then it doesn't make sense to pick "nice" at all. But I guess I should start being nicer...

  13. #5022
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,585


    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Pepper View Post
    I would have assumed most people would pick "naughty" because you get more bows, and if you assume other people are going to pick "naughty" all the time then it doesn't make sense to pick "nice" at all. But I guess I should start being nicer...
    The trick is to lure everyone into a false sense of security by defaulting to nice all the time for the first two weeks or so.
    And then, at the very end when you're in a crunch, revert to naughty when everyone's guard is lowered to gouge them.

  14. #5023


    I always just dump all of my presents in one town and pick naughty 2 times and nice 3 times.

  15. #5024
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,585


    Quote Originally Posted by Pointy Kitty View Post
    I always just dump all of my presents in one town and pick naughty 2 times and nice 3 times.
    I'm actually being very diplomatic with my present deliveries.
    If I receive a "Nice" gift from someone in the most recent 24 hours, I send a "Nice" gift right back over their way.
    I'm all about fostering that long-term relationship of goodwill and merriment.

  16. #5025
    Hired Goon box elder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,673


    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Pepper View Post
    I would have assumed most people would pick "naughty" because you get more bows, and if you assume other people are going to pick "naughty" all the time then it doesn't make sense to pick "nice" at all. But I guess I should start being nicer...
    What's the exact payout structure? I just assumed that if both people pick naughty it is worse for both of you than if both people pick nice. In which case it makes zero sense to "default" to naughty

  17. #5026
    Hired Goon box elder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,673


    So yeah, if everyone chooses naughty, everyone gets screwed. You ONLY get rewarded for naughty if the other person chooses nice (in which case you're actively screwing them over). So again, if you choose naughty, you're not only a dick but also an idiot because no way are people gonna drop presents in your town if you're consistently fucking them over


  18. #5027
    Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,585


    Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    So yeah, if everyone chooses naughty, everyone gets screwed. You ONLY get rewarded for naughty if the other person chooses nice (in which case you're actively screwing them over). So again, if you choose naughty, you're not only a dick but also an idiot because no way are people gonna drop presents in your town if you're consistently fucking them over

    Pretty much this. I'm creating my own personal Naughty List. People on the Naughty List don't get any presents from me.
    Thus far, only one person has joined it. But there will undoubtedly be others.

  19. #5028
    A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun
    Posts
    5,561


    The thing is, you only get 1 bow if you pick nice and the other person picks naughty, so picking naughty is also a defense against other people being naughty (although I will fully admit to being a dick). Obviously, though, that only makes sense if other people are picking naughty a lot; if everyone is going to pick nice all the time (which based on my list of friends, seems to be the case), then it makes more sense to always pick nice.

  20. #5029


    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Pretty much this. I'm creating my own personal Naughty List. People on the Naughty List don't get any presents from me.
    Thus far, only one person has joined it. But there will undoubtedly be others.
    Only reason I don't do the same is that I only have like 8 friends so

  21. #5030
    Cornball Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    25,965
    Blog Entries
    28


    Quote Originally Posted by Pointy Kitty View Post
    Only reason I don't do the same is that I only have like 8 friends so
    http://tstoaddicts.com/2015/12/08/ad...-fun/#comments

  22. #5031


    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Posted there, thanks.
    If anybody here wants to add me ID is BrickSponge. I won't vandalize you unless you haven't played for like three months, I've already collected all other available rent, and I'm dead set on getting a prize.

  23. #5032
    Cornball Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    25,965
    Blog Entries
    28


    Got Patches and Poor Violet. Man, that was grueling.

  24. #5033
    nsfw pilcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Californiaphile
    Posts
    15,708
    Blog Entries
    203


    For the record, picking naughty is statistically the better move because the win payout and the lose payout are both higher than those of the nice option. But, everyone's been leaving me nice ones so I just send them back their way.

  25. #5034
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,866


    Well yeah that's the point of Naughty but you're also just plain being a dick by not letting the other person get shit every time they open their present as pointed out numerous times

    No point in playing with someone who is actively screwing you over

  26. #5035
    nsfw pilcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Californiaphile
    Posts
    15,708
    Blog Entries
    203


    Yeah, the present exchange happens so rarely that it's not worth picking naughty. I mean, previous events had a similar thing going where you'd drop a gremlin/alien in a friend's town and you'd each get 2 if you tap on it and they'd get 4 and you'd get 0 if you don't tap on it. But those were exchanged so often that people weren't gonna take note of who was tapping them and who wasn't.

  27. #5036
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,882
    Blog Entries
    5


    patches & violet are mine just in time for the soon-to-follow ep 7 freakout

  28. #5037
    Hired Goon box elder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,673


    Quote Originally Posted by pkkwanzaa View Post
    For the record, picking naughty is statistically the better move because the win payout and the lose payout are both higher than those of the nice option. But, everyone's been leaving me nice ones so I just send them back their way.
    that would be true if you were playing against a random chance of naughty or nice, but you're ignoring the fact that you're playing against humans who can see what you choose and make decisions based on that. therefore, if you choose naughty all the time, it's more likely that people will choose naughty when they assume it's you're gift left in their town. ie if i come to my town and see 5 closely arranged gifts and the first one is naughty, i'm choosing naughty for the other 4 -- you have now gotten 45 bows (25+20(5*4)] instead of 75 [15*5]). not to even mention that no one will ever leave a present in your town because they know their best payout would only be 5
    also, you say the "lose" payout is higher, but that's not really true because naughty/naughty < nice/nice

  29. #5038
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,882
    Blog Entries
    5


    ...act two has Efcot Center as a crafting item. I should be grateful enough that they did this but a part of me wishes this could've been a Krustyland expansion.

    I never knew I wanted to make my own parody Epcot until now

    Oh and goddamn every new prize is a building? Thank god they gave us more land

  30. #5039
    Hired Goon box elder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,673


    great, so now the weekly challenge is to craft the x-mas trees place, which i had already done a couple days ago but it not only doesn't recognize that, i can't even just craft another one, since it's a unique item. great job, tapped out!

  31. #5040


    Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    great, so now the weekly challenge is to craft the x-mas trees place, which i had already done a couple days ago but it not only doesn't recognize that, i can't even just craft another one, since it's a unique item. great job, tapped out!
    Yeah seriously, what the hell EA?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •