Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

SIMPSONSENTHUSIAST SideShowRaja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    no bluestacks is the only way to get it on a PC

and chill out with the commas
    That sucks, bro
    I guess my intention to play, it on my computer is no longer valid. I'll try to take it easy with my comma spamming lol

"The most rewarding part was when he gave, me my money" Dr. Nick[/SIZE]

Blog Entries

box elder the GMO ep starts with Lisa hosting a meeting condemning it. Then she goes "oh let me do some research" and comes back 10 seconds later fully supporting it.

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which I think shows that the writers support it as well.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Anyone who is curious as to why I deleted them: I got rid of those who never visit my town. I visit you, and I expect the same in return.

Blog Entries

oof

Heads-up that I won't be visiting until I unlock the ability to earn event currency from friends' towns. Which should happen in the next couple of days.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

How do you know who visits your town? I rarely remember what names pop up when I see that somebody visits. Also, to be fair to those who rarely visit, once the FP prize is maxed out and there is no event going on, people tend to not do friend visits as often. It can be time consuming. Also, with friends ordered alphabetically, they'd have to go from A-S before hitting your town, and when you have a lot of friends that means those lower in the alphabet are frequented less.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Well I do remember the names that pop up, and some are much more frequent than others. And if maxed-out points, no event, and a name low in the alphabet keeps them from visiting, then they're not committed enough and I say bye-bye.

Blog Entries

I wonder if panther had a semi when he unfriended me
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

I don't know what that is.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

goddamn it panther, i worked hard to keep you as my friend and now you just toss me aside

"Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

No, you're still my friend because I held out a bit of hope that you might visit me after clearing your town. But if you just admitted that…

I will visit you!

i can't remember how much you get for friends' visits, but i know it's not a lot. even if you have 100 friends and none of them visit you on a day that's a loss of, what? like $1500? $3000 maybe? either way that is NOTHING in this game once you're at the higher levels. calm down

to be honest the only real use of friends is during the events to get whatever currency you get for visiting very easily.
    or if you've not got those friend point reward things.

yeah, which is why someone pointed out that visiting friends when there's no event and you have all the FP prizes is just a waste of time. if some turd is going to delete me for not being "committed enough" to a stupid game, so fucking be it. i have a job and a life and the ~20 minutes/day it often takes me to clear friends' towns is not even close to high on my priority list

Well, if you deleted me, sorry. I commit to life > this game and my life as a parent makes it a bit hectic to actually sit and play this for nearly half an hour to clear out my town, clear out Krustyland, send everyone on a task, and then go through every single one of my friends in my list. I go alphabetically in both orders to make it fair to the people at the end of my list I never visit and I usually get pulled away during this so I never finish going through everyone. Even after my daughter is asleep, I still have to do all the real life things I couldn't do when she was awake.

I have been playing this game for two years; I am committed to what I like in my game, not to what others want me to do. Hell, I would schedule a bathroom break every two hours for some of these events to make sure everything is going smoothly. And I don't catch wifi very well everywhere in the office. For the most part, I make sure that I AT LEAST clear out my town so others can still visit and use it for their event currency and whatever else they need. Basically, my town is come and go as you need because it still helps you at least, which I would think is kind of the point of Friends in general.

If you posted your name on some website and got a bunch of instant non REAL simpsons fan friends, then you should have more than enough people visiting you to cover whoever you deleted, anyway. I'm not going to really be making visits to other towns a priority in my game because as sean said...it is literally worth nothing to me at my level except for the FP which I already get from others visiting me. When I have the actual time to do it uninterrupted, I will sit there and make sure I do everything possible. My priority in the game is organizing my town, unlocking land, finishing quests, and contributing to events when I can. I still have to finish my Krustyland, too.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

About 80 of my friends are part of that small group that cares more about the game than the show itself, and most of them don't even visit daily. Then again, most of these people have 100 friends, which, on a slower Internet/laptop speed, can take over an hour. Frankly if there weren't donuts involved I wouldn't do it.

@Financial Panther, if you're looking for daily visitors, you should either leave a "daily visitors only" comment or only pick the people who promise daily visits. And personally I keep around the friends I know, even if they don't visit daily (I kept Ryan through the entire 50-day Clash of Clones update he ditched, and every one of my friends here kept me during the 12 days my game was broken during the Halloween update). But maybe that's just me.

Blog Entries

Well I don't want to waste space keeping people I know when they won't do anything. People I don't know who help me out > People I know who don't help me out.

I keep my friends around because they're my friends but
    The only people I have actually removed are people who never ever touch their game rendering it completely useless to me any given day I visit.

But like I said, by visiting my town (which I make sure to keep clear so people can visit), it IS still helping you out where I can't even if I don't visit back yet. It's not exactly as one sided as you think.

Regardless, you just got a ton of free donuts from Reddit anyway or something so it's not like you actually need a whole ton of friends from here.

i don't even care if you insist on getting that meaningless extra couple thousand $s a day, but when you smugly come in here and say "I visit you, and I expect the same in return," as if people owe it to you to visit your town every day you cross the line into douche territory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder if panther had a semi when he unfriended me
    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I don't know what that is.
    clasiik

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    i don't even care if you insist on getting that meaningless extra couple thousand $s a day, but when you smugly come in here and say "I visit you, and I expect the same in return," as if people owe it to you to visit your town every day you cross the line into douche territory
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound that way. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    But like I said, by visiting my town (which I make sure to keep clear so people can visit), it IS still helping you out where I can't even if I don't visit back yet. It's not exactly as one sided as you think.
    I know. But if I can easily replace a person who keeps their town available but doesn't visit me with one who keeps their town available and does, I don't see why I shouldn't switch to the latter person.

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    clasiik
    Urban Dictionary really helps at times like this. I know the meaning now.
    Last edited by Financial Panther; 04-16-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Pretty ironic that just now I unlocked the friend-visiting portion of the event .

Well it's no skin off my nose but the main point really was made by sean to not be such a dick about your video game demands in a thread where people gather to help each other

Blog Entries

Sooo maaany contradictions to the show in this. Homer thinks he can win at the ring toss game despite working at one; the Yes Guy being unable to say no despite having no problem with it in Homer vs. Dignity, and countless more that I can't remember off the top of my head. What a mess.

Blog Entries

Implying the actual show doesn't contradict itself all the time.

Blog Entries

Considering that the game's idea is the the tow LITERALLY BEING NUKED and needing to rebuild thing easily lets the writers (who do work on the show) play with the totally non-existent and loose "continuity" of the show. If you're playing strictly for the show aspects, then I would probably stop.

Blog Entries

I keep wondering. Are those mutant vegetables walking around from that Sideshow Bob episode, or were they created for the game?

Blog Entries

Created for the game. Aside from the building complex and the founder statue, pretty much all the GMO-related designs here are new.

Blog Entries

I wish they used the mutant vegetables for the episodes, can't be any worse than Bob trying to become some superhuman. I just got the Old Simpson House, another reason to try and build a farmer distriction. Still feels like I'm slacking behind.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Thread Information