Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post

Edit: Confirmed in my town that I get 3 elves every 30 minutes, which is 18 elves every 3 hours. I can fire 33 elves every 2 hours, 45 minutes. Unless this is the wrong rate or I'm forgetting some other source of elves, it seems inevitable that one would run out of elves to fire.
    For a start your assuming that you will sit on the game and fire the cannon the very second you can. You foget that there will be hours where you are asleep. When you wake up your town will have 64 elves, which in itself almost makes up for the elves you will go down each day. Even if you did sit there watching and waiting, you will loose an aggregate of 15 elves every 2 hours 45 minutes. Seeing as the rest of us were firing from the start where we have 4 hours to fire 27 elves, and we are all + 300, you can run out of elves, but you couldnt at the start. Even if you do fire 5 times a day, and sleep for 8 hours, you will loose a total of 15 elves per day. With 10 days left to collect prizes, you need 150 elves backlog total to avoid running out.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

When you fire elves with the cannon, I think it might be a bit pointless, because then they just all come crashing down again after a while! So you keep re-catching and re-firing the same elves, I think.

Blog Entries

Well, from a practical standpoint, the elves generate at a rate of 3 per 30 minutes. And firing them gets you elf bells, which gets you the prizes, so it's not all that pointless.

Story-wise, the dialogue in the quest seems to suggest you're firing the elves to the North Pole where the elves are eaten by bears. However, the "Elves Fired Report" friends leaderboard says that we're firing elves to our neighbors, which would make sense given the shattering glass you see/hear when elves enter your town and the North Pole sign everyone (well, every active player) has in their Springfields. Unless that's just a really bad "pole" pun.

Blog Entries

I just remembered, back in May 2013 we were supposed to get an episode tie-in for The Man Who Came to be Dinner. It included a Rigellian Billboard and 'Rocket To Your Doom'. Guess they forgot about it too?

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Damn, I really wanted that rocket ride.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Little Helper Ralph's first task is to feast on yellow snow for 4 hours. I sincerely hope this didn't happen in some episode I haven't seen

Banned

It dosent. This stupid app is always crashing.

The Ralph Elf tasks should really reward you with bells, not money!

Blog Entries

I was thinking the same thing just a minute ago. I like that he interacts with the North Pole sign, though.

I'm well on my way of getting the Spruce Caboose, so that's all right. It wouldn't bother me to miss out on that tropical island

I have not played since summer someone please tell me I have not missed anything super cooool

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by corrnata View Post
    I have not played since summer someone please tell me I have not missed anything super cooool
    u missed 12+ free donuts
    thats pretty much it

I started playing this app back in December. I am trying to get more money to update my Springfield. I am doing a good job. I am up to Level 10.

Handsomest guy in school Unxplained Bacon's Avatar

Don't get how you guys are on your way to the Spruce Caboose already. I only just unlocked Annual Gift Man today, and I play about as often as I can fire the cannon (besides when I'm sleeping). I think I got this update a few days after the rest of you, even though I updated as soon as it allowed me to. Not fair

Blog Entries

Visiting your friends every day accounts for some 300 elf bells per day. Even more if you tap on elf caves and cannons; I've been exclusively tapping on those to get 600 daily, but it's very time consuming. Other than that, it's just a matter of checking in on your elf cannon often and upgrading your cannon whenever possible; I fire my cannon 5 times a day and I'm at 17102 bells today.

The tropical island looks pretty underwhelming, especially considering that according to some spoilers online,  we're going to be able to buy a similar smaller island for cash in a couple of days . It's nothing to lose sleep over.

Blog Entries

I am kind of annoyed at all these water features. Water space is already limited as is, so it's kind of ridiculous.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I'm annoyed that the Squidport entrance is the only way to have a dock connect to the land. I really would like to have a little dock leading to the lighthouse and a little marina for all the boats.

Blog Entries

Anybody even close to a Level 20 cannon? I might make it to 14 by the end of today, but with the number of cogs needed rising hard every time, I don't see how you can get to level 20 by the end of the update

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Anybody even close to a Level 20 cannon? I might make it to 14 by the end of today, but with the number of cogs needed rising hard every time, I don't see how you can get to level 20 by the end of the update
    I've got a hacker on my friends list whose had a L20 cannon for a while now.
    For everyone else, it'll take an awful lot of donuts and it clearly isn't worth the hassle.
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

Blog Entries

for anyone curious, here's what a level 20 cannon looks like

curiosity satisified

Just got the Spruce Caboose! Shame it is only used once for a task, but completing the task awards bells.

And here's how I laid mine out:

I've actually decided to go through my town for some serious spring cleaning (in winter) to move out all the goofy decor and get back to a more "canon" town. Hopefully once the digital snow melts, I can take a full town photo.
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 01-09-2015 at 06:33 AM.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

3 elves every 30 minutes * 48 = 144 + 12 from the elf cave = 156 elves per day * 20 days (give or take) = 3120 elves. You need 7685 cogwheels to upgrade to level 20, minus 4 weeks * 50 cogwheels = 200 cogwheels from the daily play bonus. That leaves 7485 cogwheels to collect, or 7485/4 = 1872 elves that have to give cogwheels. So with perfect gameplay and some luck (1 in 2 elves need to give cogwheels, which is not even close to the probability in my town) it is possible to get to level 20, but more likely, EA made the goal unreachable to tempt you to shell out some donuts.

I didn't bother with the elf bell collecting update. I played for a few days, decided I was sick of waiting for cannon to be usable.

I much preferred Part 1 to Part 2 but I know many feel the same.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Professional Jerk-Ass

I've been playing since this came out on Android and never thought to add anyone from here. I've added everyone from the first page, so if you get a request from Imperil101, that's me. Daily player, working my way through the latest update. Almost have the tropical island (yes, I admit it, I want it for reasons I can no longer remember).

Once Brandine's done with the last kid and my corn is ready, I'm going to completely redesign my town so it actually looks good. Things are kind of a mess at the moment, but I did try to keep everything together for this update.

Quote Originally Posted by bomberswarm2 View Post
    u missed 12+ free donuts
    thats pretty much it
    Oh wow how sad, at least im glad nothing interesting happened

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    Once Brandine's done with the last kid and my corn is ready, I'm going to completely redesign my town so it actually looks good. Things are kind of a mess at the moment, but I did try to keep everything together for this update.
    As someone who wasn't playing Tapped Out back when Brandine made her debut last February, I hope she makes a reappearance for Valentine's Day so I can experience the miracle of childbirth like the rest of you.

Professional Jerk-Ass

The miracle of childbirth is seriously overrated.

The tropical island should be mine tomorrow, and then I can finally have my life back! Until the next event...

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

I really did want "The Spruce Caboose" but alas, it was not meant to be. With over 2,000 to go until I get it, and 18 hours remaining, it's time to give up.

"Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot74 View Post
    I really did want "The Spruce Caboose" but alas, it was not meant to be. With over 2,000 to go until I get it, and 18 hours remaining, it's time to give up.

Don't stop yet - if you're willing to shell out a few donuts, 2000 is feasible before the end of the update (you can hold off removing the update for a day or so after the actual event end). More importantly, because of major server outages during this update, it's possible that EA will extend the update to the 18th. The Winter 2014 Part 2 Guide has a 5 day countdown right now - there's supposed to be a patch in the next 24 hours that will set the official end date.

Blog Entries

ugh no just make it end

Thread Information