Page 11 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I still have Gil - Andddddd this;

Very enticing, But I wont be bought. I really dont want to spend my money.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Blog Entries

109.99$

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I think anything over $20 (USD) is just insulting. Then again, like I've noted, there are some super crazies over at the EA Tapped Out forums who have honest-to-god, spent over $300 (USD) on premium items. It's insane!

Anyway, my supervisor gave me iTunes money as a Christmas gift, so I went for the donut deal and got 375 donuts, added to my current total of 34, for a cool 409 donuts. Now I'm trying to figure out the best combination of premium items so I get the best bang for my buck.

In the running are:
    • Krustylu - 140
    • Duff - 190
    • Springfield Sign - 170
    • Lard Lad - 110
    • Aztec - 80
    • Observatory - 75
    • Tire Fire - 40

I'm thinking Krustylu is a lock, and maybe I'll pick up a bunch of the smaller buildings: Aztec, Observatory and Tire Fire. Then maybe I'll save my remaining donuts to see what else comes in future updates. Springfield Sign is tempting, but I think thats more of an item you add once you really have a large, well laid out town. At the moment I have more buildings than land :P
    UP AND ATOM!

I vote for you to get -

• Springfield Sign - 170
    • Aztec - 80
    • Tire Fire - 40

--- I really want that Aztec.

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

I'm able to connect now so I'm back to playing the game. I've accepted requests from three who added me but a fourth didn't work. Who's ellopanda? For some reason I can't accept your request.

Oh, and @kupomog I sent you a request.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobulle View Post
    109.99$
    I know, right. Who are they trying to kid?

Oh, and it's the 25th here in New Zealand now (1:11 AM). Merry Christmas, everyone.
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

Game keeps crashing when I try to visit my neighbors' Springfields... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Quote Originally Posted by CMYK View Post
    I vote for you to get -

• Springfield Sign - 170
    • Aztec - 80
    • Tire Fire - 40

--- I really want that Aztec.
    Went for Aztec, Tire Fire, Krustylu and am holding onto 149 donuts. I was gonna spring for Lard Lad, but I want to see if Gil has another deal next week. Or maybe they'll gift us some donuts for Christmas... probably not, but it would be nice.

The Aztec is really cool! If you have the Squeaky Voiced Teen, you get a new mission for him and when he works at the Aztec all the neon lights light up. Plus, it spruces up the town square.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Or maybe they'll gift us some donuts for Christmas... probably not, but it would be nice.
    Honestly, I doubt it. EA loves making money, so why on earth would they just give us donuts for FREE? I mean, they've done it before, but I still don't see it happening.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow The Hedgehog View Post
    I'm not sure. My username on there is "Simpsonsman120".
    I'll send you a request as I want to get Santa's Little Helper

1500 Santa coins is crazy

Merry Christmas everyone

Blog Entries

Just found this: http://testingthisout.wikia.com/wiki...ays_and_Events

I don't know how much of it is true, but I hope all of it is.

Edit: Also found this: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9160321.page

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Oh, the "Testing This Out" stuff is just my ideas I made. xD

Second one seems legit though.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

I think anything over $20 (USD) is just insulting. Then again, like I've noted, there are some super crazies over at the EA Tapped Out forums who have honest-to-god, spent over $300 (USD) on premium items. It's insane!

Anyway, my supervisor gave me iTunes money as a Christmas gift, so I went for the donut deal and got 375 donuts, added to my current total of 34, for a cool 409 donuts. Now I'm trying to figure out the best combination of premium items so I get the best bang for my buck.

In the running are:
    • Krustylu - 140
    • Duff - 190
    • Springfield Sign - 170
    • Lard Lad - 110
    • Aztec - 80
    • Observatory - 75
    • Tire Fire - 40

I'm thinking Krustylu is a lock, and maybe I'll pick up a bunch of the smaller buildings: Aztec, Observatory and Tire Fire. Then maybe I'll save my remaining donuts to see what else comes in future updates. Springfield Sign is tempting, but I think thats more of an item you add once you really have a large, well laid out town. At the moment I have more buildings than land :P
    I vote for you to go with Duff factory, Krustylu, and Lard Lad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HerbertMcHoover View Post
    Oh, the "Testing This Out" stuff is just my ideas I made. xD
    Well, those are some really good ideas! I especially like the idea of having all of Bart's ex-girlfriends during Valentine's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow The Hedgehog View Post
    Well, those are some really good ideas! I especially like the idea of having all of Bart's ex-girlfriends during Valentine's Day.
    Thanks!

I like the;

We Hate Shelbyville Day
    National Gambling Month ( I really want burns Casio )

Things I think is silly-

Starwars day (and I'm a fan)
    Harry Potter Week
    25 Days of Christmas

Things I think is silly-

Starwars day (and I'm a fan)
    Harry Potter Week
    25 Days of Christmas
    Theme weeks/days can get people playing the game more often and logging in more often, but thanks for your feedback!

I got an iTunes card for Christmas and I spent it on Lard Lad, Moleman, Springfield Tire Fire, and some other things...well spent!

Thank The Lord for iTunes gift cards.

400 more coins til I get my puppy. Pretty much thanks to the village and extra tree.

I can't wait til I get more room to spread out the school, statue and eateries. Main story wise I am about to unlock Bart's Treehouse.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Just got Santa's Little Helper. Now I just need to get the other two Funzos, and I should have everything (minus the Village and the Reindeer, but I'm on a donut budget).

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

My Girlfriend left her account still logged in on my iPad.
    So I graffitied the pile of waste she decided to keep in her town.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbertMcHoover View Post
    Theme weeks/days can get people playing the game more often and logging in more often, but thanks for your feedback!
    Thing is, I don't think FOX would spend the time advertising properties they don't own. HP is WB and SW is Disney (though FOX owns the rights to the movies until 2018, they would only really be advertising the blu-ray set which is old news). Plus it would make zero sense for Tapped Out to have Star Wars or Harry Potter anything. At most, Cosmic Wars or Angelica Button might get representation down the line.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Thing is, I don't think FOX would spend the time advertising properties they don't own. HP is WB and SW is Disney (though FOX owns the rights to the movies until 2018, they would only really be advertising the blu-ray set which is old news). Plus it would make zero sense for Tapped Out to have Star Wars or Harry Potter anything. At most, Cosmic Wars or Angelica Button might get representation down the line.
    Good point there. I'll keep them for my sake, but I know they aren't gonna get in, along with most of my other ideas.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    I got an iTunes card for Christmas and I spent it on Lard Lad, Moleman, Springfield Tire Fire, and some other things...well spent!
    Why lard lad? The donut shoppe is only a 5 minute task for any of the characters, a few might be more, but not much.

One thing I hate about the game is when I claim cash on a building and if it is near a house, then I might accidentally click the house and bring up the selection screen.

If it switches from the Christmas house to the regular house, and I switch it back to the Christmas house, the stupid coin count starts all over again. A tiny bit frustrating!!

The tasks may be short but that means more tasks can be done in a short amount if time. Besides, I'm obsessed with donuts and Lard Lad is a major landmark of Springfield. I really want the Duff Factory but don't have enough donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    The tasks may be short but that means more tasks can be done in a short amount if time. Besides, I'm obsessed with donuts and Lard Lad is a major landmark of Springfield. I really want the Duff Factory but don't have enough donuts.
    Yeah, I get premium items based on how cool they look or how iconic they are. Not how much $ they generate. Frink's Lab and Scorpio's volvano lair are alright, but they can't beat the Lard Lad or Duff Brewery or Springfield Sign... or even the tire fire.

In fact, I don't even see the Volcano Lair as a Springfield thing, wasn't Scorpio lair in Cypress Creek? And Frink's Lab doesn't look familiar to me. Did that building ever appear in an episode? I've only ever seen Frink operating out of his house or in random buildings.

@Captain Squid I'd like to say, by far your town is one of my favourites.
    I've stolen a couple of ideas off you. I like what your done, for example I know the kwik Emarts accurate with the use of the red brick walls.

When I get my town done, with all the Christmas and regular missions complete I'll try and make my more canon like yours.

Hahah I thought the exact same thing with hanks laid. Perhaps we'll get enough land to have our own shelbyvillie, cypress creek AND Springfield.

This would of been an interesting touch btw:

"The Mayan God is still wandering Springfield - does this mean that he might do something come December 21st? I suppose we'll find out."

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/12...d-out-holiday/

Quote Originally Posted by ems215 View Post
    One thing I hate about the game is when I claim cash on a building and if it is near a house, then I might accidentally click the house and bring up the selection screen.

If it switches from the Christmas house to the regular house, and I switch it back to the Christmas house, the stupid coin count starts all over again. A tiny bit frustrating!!
    Yea I hate that. I've done it a few times now and couldn't bring myself to waste donuts on rushing it. At least I have Bart now so I can get a little more coins throughout the day.

@Captain Squid I'd like to say, by far your town is one of my favourites.
    I've stolen a couple of ideas off you. I like what your done, for example I know the kwik Emarts accurate with the use of the red brick walls.

When I get my town done, with all the Christmas and regular missions complete I'll try and make my more canon like yours.

Hahah I thought the exact same thing with hanks laid. Perhaps we'll get enough land to have our own shelbyvillie, cypress creek AND Springfield.
    Thanks, man! I've been trying to be as accurate as the game will allow. Its part of the fun of the game for me. Sort of an added challenge/goal. The Simpsons wikis have helped, as have just checking out various episodes. I've bent a few rules, like I'm sure there is a lot more space between town hall and the Simpsons house, but given the amount of buildings we have I've just tightened things up.

That map of Springfield that some fans put together years back has helped, as have episodes where characters go from point A to B. like in the Simpsons Movie, Bart skateboards to Krusty burger and passes the town square, so ill be moving Krusty burger to south of the town square once I have the space. Or if characters have to drive from one place to another, I'll make them further apart. Like in Eeny Teeny Maya Moe, Moe has to drive to Luigi's from his bar. So I'll be moving Luigi's further south.

The power plant is going to be moved further east and ill place it across a river that will divide the town. Then I'll probably start up a downtown in the southeast where the Mapple store and other bigger buildings like the police station and the guided truffle will go.

The rumor is we'll be seeing more unique houses (the Wiggum house for example) so the area surrounding the Simpson home will probably become a large Pressboard Estates neighborhood that will extend down to the Kwikemart and further east. I'll stick Cletus out into the woods to give him some privacy.

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK, kupomog

This would of been an interesting touch btw:

"The Mayan God is still wandering Springfield - does this mean that he might do something come December 21st? I suppose we'll find out."

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/12...d-out-holiday/
    They also could've done something like in Bart's Comet.

36. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Thread Information