Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

For those of you who don't want to know exactly what we're getting, I won't link the images, but just...just go here.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

If anybody out there hasn't reached their friend limit yet, I just started, so you can add me - Origin name that_don_guy

Commander Cuckoo Bananas Dr. Zaius's Avatar

The Nighthawk Diner? I'm very excited about that because I wasn't around for the initial release of it

But 15,000? Isn't that a little cheap?

More info on the actual working of the event. Seems a lot like Whacking day, with prizes costing a specific amount of event currency.
    http://tstotopix.me/2014/06/03/the-s...magesoverview/

Now out on the Apple App store!

EDIT: I think based on this, we can expect a classic era (or at least non holiday) event every year. Last year was whacking day, this year was Stonecutters. I hope I'm right!

EDIT: New feature: use the town hall to find out what ALL your characters are doing, tasked included.
    Last edited by DoctorMcGann; 06-03-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Now in the play store! You may need to uninstall the app for it to show up initially.

I need help once again - I play Tapped Out on two devices - my iPod and iPad. I use the iPad most of the time, but when it is unavailable I use my iPod to play on the same account

Now I am updating to the new event on my iPod, and my iPad will be back in a few days - does this mean there might be some issues with my account, like a muddle up because I will only update on my iPad later this week?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
    I need help once again - I play Tapped Out on two devices - my iPod and iPad. I use the iPad most of the time, but when it is unavailable I use my iPod to play on the same account

Now I am updating to the new event on my iPod, and my iPad will be back in a few days - does this mean there might be some issues with my account, like a muddle up because I will only update on my iPad later this week?
    As long as you have an Origin account, your Springfield should be saved across devices.

Also, the Stonecutter update just dropped, and let me be the first to say that it looks fantastic - no wheels of chance, we're back to personal prizes! We're getting the Satan's Anvil that they didn't give us for Halloween, costumes for Lenny, Carl, Jasper, Wiggum, Disco Stu, Skinner, Burns, Willie, Krusty, Frink, Hibbert, and Homer, and a bunch of decorations and buildings from Homer the Great. This might just redeem Easter for me. (Also, looks like no Whacking Day this year; EA representatives were wrong again.) I can't wait to get home and start it.

I can't play it. Bluestacks crashed in the middle of reinstalling the game, and now the google play won't open, despite my reinstalling bluestacks. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

No clue. When Bluestacks crashes for me, I just restart my computer and it usually works.

Same. This is the first problem I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    As long as you have an Origin account, your Springfield should be saved across devices.
    Yeah, I know - but now if I go and update the game on my other device at a later time this week and play from there, will everything still work?

Thanks for the help, pkkao

It's worse than I thought. None of my apps will load.

Blog Entries

I only play on one device, so I can't confirm from experience, but in theory it should work.

Yeah, it should. But it doesn't. I hope it'll work later.

Blog Entries

This update is looking really good so far. They also added a new feature I've been requesting for a long time, being able to easily find your character

I'm glad they took a break of these chance games
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

IT'S WORKING! I just had to reinstall the factory edition of Play Store! Installing the game now.

Blog Entries

They referenced No Homers but no mention about the website... yet
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I spoke too soon. Now it downloads all the way, then gives off an error.

Blog Entries

It seems like EA is trying to bring people back after the disastrous Easter event. The Stonecutters lodge is only a 16-hour build, and there seems to be zero chance bullshit in here. Everything is purchasable through Stonecutter currency like the events even before I started playing. Considering that the main prizes here are just a shitload of skins, that makes a good deal of sense.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Finally, all issues resolved.

Blog Entries

Much like @Ryan, I'm more into playing with my new Wii U toy and I'm getting bored with this, especially since it hasn't been running smoothly for me. But looks like it's another event? And it works on bluestacks again?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Much like @Ryan, I'm more into playing with my new Wii U toy and I'm getting bored with this, especially since it hasn't been running smoothly for me. But looks like it's another event? And it works on bluestacks again?
    Actually, no. As my laptop isn't working, I installed it on my desktop with the new version, and it no longer works. So unless I can get the old version back, I'm going to not be able to play any more. It just goes to the fox screen and stops.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Matty

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Stonecutters lodge is only a 16-hour build
    yeah but then you have to send homer on a 4 hour task. does the update actually start after that or is there some other bullshit hurdle?

Blog Entries

No it starts promptly after that task

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    EA making up for their mess... now just deliver us a new kickass event to to remove the stain that Easter left us
    Well, looks like they just did. A lot sooner than I expected

With the 20 donuts for the framerate mess and the new Stonecutters event for the Easter one, EA has redeemed themselves.... for now

Does anyone know how I can get the old version of bluestacks?

switching to older versions never worked for me. it has something to do with the drivers on your computer, but i can't figure out what. i updated the drivers on mine and downloaded older versions and all that stuff and it still never worked. then i just tried it on an older laptop i don't really use anymore and it worked somehow

Bizarre, mine worked on my older laptop too. Dammit though, I want to play...

Blog Entries

Plenty of free donuts to be had with this event. After finishing the 10-part questline "The Secret of the Cut Stone," you get 20 free donuts. Also, once you get all 10 personal prizes, you can get bonus donuts in the same way as the Halloween 2013 Spooktacular Bonus or the XP level-up bonuses.

Thread Information