Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Yet another hotfix was released for Android users today. (None yet for iOS users yet, unfortunately.) It seems to have improved my lag issues a little.

As for my complaint with EA about the lag issue, they said that it was a "high priority" issue right now (expected, since Tapped Out isn't the only Origin game experiencing lag) and their Studio Team is working on it right now. No free donuts given, although the Level 41 questline does reward you with 1 free donut down the line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    Seems that they fixed the major lagg atleast

Glad we get another wife for free, even though she's not being used much in the show at all. The jewelry store seems quite expensive.
    yeesh $800,000 for the jewelry store and 100k+ for the bloodmobile.

I'm guess the next new building will be a cool million?
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

it can be 10 million for all i care. as long as it's money and not donuts

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    i think the spunkler kids act like the people in krustyland. they don't have tasks but will produce money on a regular basis like a building
    Can confirm. The icon is just a cash icon that you see above a building.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    Here's hoping that the next character released will be Homer's cousin Frank, who became Francine in '76!
    I think her name is Mother Shabubu now.
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

Blog Entries

My lag seems to have really improved this morning. They are still working on fixing it for some Android users and most iOS users right now.

How long has this lag issue lasted for? I play Tapped Out on my iPod Touch and I only noticed it lagging the last time I played (yesterday).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    How long has this lag issue lasted for? I play Tapped Out on my iPod Touch and I only noticed it lagging the last time I played (yesterday).
    Ever since the Easter update was removed. If I remember correctly, that was May 13.

Lag's better for me, though I may not be playing much. I play on my laptop, and it overheats really easily.

Blog Entries

To apologize for the lag, EA released an update today that gives every single player 20 free donuts. All you have to do is log into your game.

Not bad, EA.

Blog Entries

Noice. Kinda irritated that I have to sit on them til I can spend for more donuts at the start of next month.

I just got Cool Lisa tho soooooo yay

If anyone was locked out during the tie in, it has been extended until the 27th. I have nothing but respect for EA right now.

Blog Entries

EA making up for their mess... now just deliver us a new kickass event to to remove the stain that Easter left us

Not sure what to buy now that I got 170 donuts. Thinking of buying Luann since she unlocks the Fleet-A-Pita, a new factory and she has some great outdoor tasks.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

I love Luann.

Luann's 24hr task is to ride in the MegaGlobe which is a pretty cool outdoor task. I tend to send all my characters out on their best outdoor tasks all the time so visitors to my Springfield can bask in the fact that I have every character in the game. Well, I'm pretty sure I do anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I just got Cool Lisa tho soooooo yay
    As in Cool Lisa from Summer of 4 Ft. 2? How to I get that? Does Cool Lisa cost donuts?

She's a Friend Point prize.

Oh true. So far I've only got the first prize with FP. I think I'm about halfway to the second prize, whatever that is.

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Same here, and I'm pretty sure I still haven't placed the first prize.

Has anyone else had connectivity issues today? I was just playing Tapped Out about twenty minutes ago and my connection to the server dropped out three times. Not only that but when I opened the app it asked me to log back in to my Origin account (for the first time in months) and then it did something really weird.

After logging in it started loading and then a window came up with a dialogue box that said my account was already signed into another device. I knew this was impossible so I pressed retry. It came up a second time but on the second retry it loaded properly. Very weird.

Blog Entries

^ That happens occasionally when the Origin servers are down. Sometimes they're down only for certain people, and sometimes they're down for everybody. When you get the warning that your account is signed into another device, you can just hit "Play Now" and ignore the warning.

Commander Cuckoo Bananas Dr. Zaius's Avatar

I asked this question a while ago, and pkkao gave me some advice, but I just need a walkthrough of what to do:

I am now on Level 22, and I've been playing without an Origin account (the reason for this is because my brother used to play on the same device, and then I took over and he was around Level 5, and he never created an Origin account from the beginning). He claims that if you create an Origin account now, the entire town will be erased and you will have to start from the beginning, which is terrifying for me because I've been playing obsessively to progress in this game. If it is any help, I play on an iPad.

How do I go about creating an Origin account and still having my current Springfield linked to that account? I can't seem to get any help from EA (mainly because to ask them a question...you need an Origin account). I would appreciate anyone telling me how to fix this, or directing me to someone or somewhere that can help me.

Thanks guys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
    I asked this question a while ago, and pkkao gave me some advice, but I just need a walkthrough of what to do:

I am now on Level 22, and I've been playing without an Origin account (the reason for this is because my brother used to play on the same device, and then I took over and he was around Level 5, and he never created an Origin account from the beginning). He claims that if you create an Origin account now, the entire town will be erased and you will have to start from the beginning, which is terrifying for me because I've been playing obsessively to progress in this game. If it is any help, I play on an iPad.

How do I go about creating an Origin account and still having my current Springfield linked to that account? I can't seem to get any help from EA (mainly because to ask them a question...you need an Origin account). I would appreciate anyone telling me how to fix this, or directing me to someone or somewhere that can help me.

Thanks guys
    Creating an Origin account won't make you lose your game. I'm not sure how you do it now (I signed up before they updated some of the Origin mechanics of the game), but there should be a "sign up for Origin" button somewhere (when I did it, it was in the friends menu). It takes you through the Origin process, and when you're signed up, you get 2 free donuts. Make sure you put an age of over 14, because they will close any accounts from players under 14 years old.

Thank you pkkao! Worked wonderfully!!!

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

Now that I have an Origin account, I need FRIENDS

baitspot636 is my username I believe. Invite me, anyone here who is interested in having a friend who plays everyday

Blog Entries

Just won 5 donuts from the ballon game in krustyland, one of the reasons I still visit the place

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

If anyone wants to add me on Tapped Out, my Origin name is gaTrebU.
    Just started playing late last week so I'm just building the foundation of my Springfield.
    Will be more than happy to help you work towards your FP stockpiling goals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
    Now that I have an Origin account, I need FRIENDS

baitspot636 is my username I believe. Invite me, anyone here who is interested in having a friend who plays everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    If anyone wants to add me on Tapped Out, my Origin name is gaTrebU.
    Just started playing late last week so I'm just building the foundation of my Springfield.
    Will be more than happy to help you work towards your FP stockpiling goals.
    Added you both. My Springfield is pretty messy right now, but I plan to overhaul it sometime this summer once I collect enough money for the land expansions.

Does anyone know if there's a surrounding wall / fence around Springfield elementary ?
    Always seems like it's just out in the open surrounded by trees and bushes. Like logic dictates there would be a fence surrounding to protect children from danger.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Blog Entries

This is what my Springfield Elementary looks like. No fences or walls. I assume EA wanted to leave the fence design up to the player with all of those fence decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYK View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a surrounding wall / fence around Springfield elementary ?
    Always seems like it's just out in the open surrounded by trees and bushes. Like logic dictates there would be a fence surrounding to protect children from danger.
    I'm trying to build my Springfield as close to the actual show as I can purely by memory. So, because I've barely watched The Simpsons from season twelve onwards the new buildings are just sort of placed anywhere I feel.

As for Springfield Elementary though, I don't recall a specific surrounding perimeter and I'm sure it's changed over the years that the show's been on the air. Between season one and nine however, I do remember seeing both fences and walls surrounding the school so I've used a bit of both. Here's mine:

Speaking of messy Springfields, more than half of my Springfield is still an unorganised mess. I don't have work this weekend so I might spend a few hours in bed (it's already getting pretty cold down here in Kiwi land) making my Springfield look nice.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Thread Information