Page 101 of 190 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5695

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: flashz5000)

Blog Entries

Might as well have some fun out of this update. The "Happy Easter" sign is entirely ironic:

Useless decorations. Whoop-dee-doo.

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

Fiiiiiinally. After not winning any characters or buildings at all, I got Father Sean.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

Blog Entries

I opened my 7th golden box yesterday and it also gave me Father Sean. The game can play nice if it wants, it just chooses mostly not to

I don't mind the chance of not getting 100% of the prizes, it's a game. But it should at least feel like it's possible to earn everything if you put all that work and effort into it. Now it's such a wild gamble, it feels like you could be tapping your whole day and bank account away and still win nothing

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    tapping your whole bank account away
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Matty

Two days until I rage quit. Two days until I give up on Simpsons.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Blog Entries

thatsitimdonescrewthisupdateworstupdateever

EDIT: Rage-quit because this happened again.

Now that my dominant blue box has been cleared, it's time to use their garbage 2:1 conversion rate to trade to pink.

1,000 hard-earned blue eggs earn me 500 pink eggs, which in turn earn me 300 gold eggs, which, combined with 200 earlier gold eggs, earn me...

250 blue eggs.

Screw you, EA.

Blog Entries

so I bought seven dollars worth of scratchers tonight, got 100 donuts and bought two more truckloads of golden eggs.

and I got her, good ol shary bobbins

was it worth it? probably not. is it satisfying? kinda. will I quit if EA ever does some shit update like this again? probably.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

thatsitimdonescrewthisupdateworstupdateever

EDIT: Rage-quit because this happened again.
    Yep that happened to me the other day. Wasn't happy.

Just curious if anyone has the same as me wherein their two lower egg types are the opposite? For example, pkkao's lowest/most common egg is blue, middle is pink and high is (obviously) gold. For me, pink is my most common and blue is in the middle (meanwhile my partner has it the other way around, like pkkao, as well). Something I've been meaning to ask as I haven't seen it brought up, just seems strange that EA hasn't kept it uniform amongst all players.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Blog Entries

Still only need Shary Bobbins but I'm not getting much luck. Rolled with 500 blue eggs and won 300 golden, rolled with the golden eggs and won 250 blue, rolled with blue again and won golden eggs, rolled with golden eggs again and I got....... blue again, but this time not enough to roll again.

Maybe I need to consider spending 50 donuts for the 9 spins, but then again its not assured that I'll win her.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

I wish there was a 'how many spins you've made' thing so it was possible for people to know whether or not it's worth it to buy gold eggs.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yep that happened to me the other day. Wasn't happy.

Just curious if anyone has the same as me wherein their two lower egg types are the opposite? For example, pkkao's lowest/most common egg is blue, middle is pink and high is (obviously) gold. For me, pink is my most common and blue is in the middle (meanwhile my partner has it the other way around, like pkkao, as well). Something I've been meaning to ask as I haven't seen it brought up, just seems strange that EA hasn't kept it uniform amongst all players.
    The idea behind the eggs was to separate the players into two groups, pink and blue. My dominant egg is blue, so my Frink-thetic Egg Generator Mk. I puts out blue eggs, I get blue eggs for completing quests, character tasks earn me blue eggs, etc. It looks like you are in the pink group, then.

I only got the egg generator yesterday. Fuck this garbage.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't done much with the Easter update in about a week or so. Mainly because I don't care about the premium items, and the main quest-line is completed.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really tempted to buy some gold eggs tomorrow, but judging by everyone else's luck, I might just save my donuts.

Oh, and one more thing, fuck this update. Fuck it hard.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

Blog Entries

EA has officially done it. I'm done with this game.

For some reason, I went ahead and used 100 free donuts that I've amassed by playing this game to buy 18 gold boxes. And here is the garbage that I received in return:

Eggs, Gate, Eggs, Gate, Fence, Eggs, Fence, Eggs, Kang Topiary

Second batch: Eggs, Gate, Fence, Gate, Fence, Eggs, Fence, Topiary

For 100 goddamn donuts, which could have given me a great premium character/building combo, I receive a crapload of eggs (which will be worthless in 24 hours) and a bunch of decorations that I don't care about. The fences did get me to suck out, which makes the loss only 85 donuts.

But I should have known better. Why did I think that 18 boxes would get me Shary Bobbins, Father Sean, or Hugs Bunny? Why was I stupid enough to buy into EA's diabolical scheme? At least I didn't pay any real money, but I did lose a lot of sleep over this update.

Until Whacking Day arrives and I take a look at it, I am done with Tapped Out. I've deleted the game from Bluestacks. If Whacking Day turns out tolerable, I may just return to the game, although I will still play freemium. If it's anything like this...I'm permanently gone.

Apparently, EA has already lost thousands of angry customers over this update; well, here's to hoping that they don't lose me too. It's a great game, but the crappy direction that EA tried to take it was just too much for me.

I have played as efficiently as anyone could ask over the past month. I've visited all 100 friends every single day, entered my town every 5 hours to zap bunnies, and kept the characters on their egg-earning tasks the entire time. What do I have to show for it? A loss of 85 donuts. Worst update ever. I know there are much worse things in the world, but I still can't get over this corporate greed that drove EA to make tons of people unhappy for their own profit. If EA were a person, I'd have beat them up long ago.

End rant.

EDIT: I have sent a polite but firm demand to EA that I must have my 100 donuts back, or else I will permanently quit the game. It will be interesting to see how they respond; do they want their paying customer back in exchange for giving them 100 free donuts?
    Last edited by pilcrow; 05-12-2014 at 01:02 AM.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Blog Entries

I have sent a polite but firm demand to EA that I must have my 100 donuts back, or else I will permanently quit the game. It will be interesting to see how they respond; do they want their paying customer back in exchange for giving them 100 free donuts?
    If they do give you a refund, I'll be pretty surprised. EA has proven on multiple accounts that they don't care about what people think about them or how glitchy and shit their games are. They just want as much fucking money as possible.

Blog Entries

Even though I won't, I said that if they give me the donuts, I'll come back to the game and pay for premium content. So basically, by giving me something they have an unlimited amount of (donuts), they get real money in return.

If I read that letter, I'd grant the 100 donuts instantly.

Blog Entries

You sent a request to EA to give you 100 donuts? Just because you didn't get what you wanted? Stop being a baby, there not gonna give you free donuts just because you tell them to no company would do that. You spent them of your own free will, it's your own fault. You knew it was randomized you took a risk now you have to live with the decision you made.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

I think they should repay their entire playerbase with this event, give everyone who spended a lot of donuts all of the best prices. I'm really suprised EA hasn't done anything to improve this event, all they did was selling 4550 golden eggs for 50 donuts. They had increased the odds with the first wheel before. This event has already left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouth, I hear from a lot of people they're done with the game. They'd better make up for it in the next event.

This coming from someone who has all the prices except Shary Bobbins without ever spending donuts, but I know it must suck for other people who haven't been lucky at all with the spins

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Doesn't hurt to try. Besides, I'd have quit the game whether I had spent the donuts or not.

And this won't be the first time EA has given me free donuts; it's happened multiple times as compensation for various glitches I've experienced.

Problem is I've been a long term player since the start. I take pride in being able (at least just) to collect all the free items. I'm afraid I wont care as much next update.

I think there's a fine line between challenging, And Flappy Bird aggravation.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I'm not bailing on the game due to a bad event, but I'll likely not try as hard when it comes to future events if they end up being like this one.
    UP AND ATOM!

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I'm not bailing on the game due to a bad event, but I'll likely not try as hard when it comes to future events if they end up being like this one.
    Agreed. Events like this are ridiculously insane. Plus, this might come as a complete fucking shock to EA, but not everybody can play the game 24/7, which is pretty much required for this event.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I'm just pissed that I stopped getting baskets after the quest ended. That was bullshit. Those were the main reason I could open more than 1 box a day.

36. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm still getting baskets, but it's down to like 1 or 2 a day now. I'm struggling to open 1 prize box a day at this point.

Blog Entries

I don't get it, how do I keep getting all these free donuts?? Today I received 30 for free for no reason.

Not that I'm complaining

I guess they'd figure, increase the chances of Donuts, with the bad probability of the box system would encourage people to try more with spending actual money on donuts.

I've gotten 50+ donuts since this event started. But in the end. I don't care. I'm not getting the satisfaction of clearing the update. There was an investment of time and and the pay-off was in no was compensation.

Ah well.

People are winning donuts? Damn it.

I did win the Blocko Store last night and Johnny Fiestas just now, so that's great. It redeems this shitty update for me somewhat.

Blog Entries

I'm not winning anything anymore, and I only get a basket every couple of days. Has it been announced when exactly this is ending?

Tomorow, I think.

Thread Information