Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

It's the standard directions: choose to attack enemy, change or recover fighter

Sometimes it'll glitch and make me lose a fight if I click the fist too many times at once to skip the animations. Speaking of which I really hate comic book guy's lightsaber animation that takes twice as long as everybody else's

I've recently gotten back into this game, it's pretty fun. Though the new event annoys me when there's so many criminal guys in a relatively small town. I'm on the Mr. Burns level
    as a side note I made a discord server for this game you're welcome to join if you want no hurry https://discord.gg/JXzhjDS

:(

Blog Entries

Lol, I unlocked Bouncing Battle Baby, but thanks to a glitch, whenever I select her for battle, she walks into the alley as Homer in his normal outfit before suddenly turning back into Maggie for the actual fight.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    It's the standard directions: choose to attack enemy, change or recover fighter

Sometimes it'll glitch and make me lose a fight if I click the fist too many times at once to skip the animations. Speaking of which I really hate comic book guy's lightsaber animation that takes twice as long as everybody else's
    I usually just press the skip button. If I need to heal my fighters I just buy a Band-aid box.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

It's nice to see Bongo Comics characters appearing in Tapped Out, like Bouncing Battle Baby for Maggie (from Simpsons Comics #60) and Doctor Crab (who was only mentioned on the show but appeared in the comics).

The end boss for the event is great, I won't spoil it but he does give out a lot of crab juice as a reward so it should be easy to get the final act 3 prize.
    UP AND ATOM!

I completely gave up on this event. I'm not too big on any of the prizes or crafting, even Maggie's costume so I'm not terribly bothered. I hope the next time they wanna try superheroes it isn't as tedious feeling, though.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

I think all events are gonna feel tedious if they're six weeks long. Why can't just do them 2 weeks at a time?

I like the content of the event, but the length is crazy. 20-30 days max is cool. I mean, at only halfway through my characters were strong enough and there was no challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I mean, at only halfway through my characters were strong enough and there was no challenge.
    Same here. And one of my daily tasks is to upgrade my fighters... which I clearly can't do as every single one is maxed out...
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Blog Entries

Yeah, even though I've been really enjoying this event and the prizes and characters that have been available, it's been going on for a long time. I actually started feeling tired in the final chapter, at least until the final boss arrived. I hope they'll take a break from events for a little while, or at least make the next one shorter.

Admittedly, the final boss for this event is great and looks pretty cool. It's kind of an odd choice, but I really like it. It's nice that they actually bothered to re-release all the previous premium characters from the event (except Milo) to fight the boss in case anyone didn't buy them before. The huge amount of crab juice the boss drops for it's questline also helps out too.

A weird thing noticed is in the latest Gil deal (where he offers the Radioactive Man movie set and maybe the Sidekick Milhouse costume too), they actually had Gil show up in person in Springfield and gave him an animation where he gets on his knees and begs. I don't think they've ever had Gil actually show up and physically appear in the game until now.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 07-20-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Gil has definitely done that before.

Blog Entries

Gil has always done that with every deal for as long as I've been playing (Whacking Day event)

Blog Entries

Only three more days until this wretched event is done!

I unlocked Bouncing Battle Baby and then gave up. Nothing to add that hasn't been said already. Bloated and drawn out.

I've actually quite enjoyed this event to be honest. It's much better than the fucking western event which I despised.

Blog Entries

Well, I managed to actually get all the prizes and beat the end boss. Now I'll just wait or the event to end.

....So, uh, what's going to happen to the Soliant Red Factory? It's not making any can's anymore, and I can't put it into storage. Am I supposed to just leave it out there on my Springfield forever?

Once the event officially ends, you can put it in storage

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn, I skimped on the social battles and I'm not going to get all the prizes for those. That'll be the first time in forever that I didn't get all the prizes for an event. Can they still be bought for donuts after the event is over?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Well, that’s all of the act prizes. I also own all of the social battle prizes and the craftable items (many of which I made multiple copies).

Blog Entries

Great, this event can rot in hell now.

Blog Entries

I just got The Dead Lobster for completing the final boss. Now I have every single one of the event prizes (not counting premium items).

In retrospect, I should have bought another cow.
    Last edited by ataeaf; 07-25-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Update to remove the superhero event just dropped. But EA has already started another mini-event, this time about the monorail. Man, I was hoping for a break for at least a little while, I barely have enough land to fit in all these buildings they giving from all these events because they keep adding more and more, and I don't have time to organize them.

Also, the felons you could fight and play as in the superhero event are now available in the store, but their quite possibly the worst premium 'characters' they've introduced in the game yet. Their not even actually playable, they just stand around in the orphan's alley fighting against each other, so your basically just buying a difference skin for orphan's alley. Disappointing.

Jeez my monorail has been purposefully deactivated because of how laggy it made my game during events. I guess I'll check it out now that superheroes is finally done.

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

Forgot to post here when it happened, but I managed to save up enough doughnuts just by playing that I was able to buy Barney's Bowlarama. This was my first BIG doughnuts thing, so I am still pretty psyched.

Blog Entries

I am only 1 social battle point away from the last prize, so I'm gonna try to hold out updating and see if I can get it tomorrow.

Finally updated to the regular Springfield. Good fucking Bye to that superhero event. I was one of the very few people who enjoyed it, although I was getting sick of it after a while

Feels so good to go a day without playing this game, lol.

Though I do love the additions they made since the event ended. A tunnel through the mountains for the monorail was something I really wanted!

Interesting teases btw in the back to normal update. So we have another sports event (ugh), doppelgängers (very interesting) and an outlet mall. Still waiting on that Springfield International Airport...

The doppelgängers could very well be the addition of all the weird lookalikes we had over the years. Like the Simpsons Movie defaced wanted poster family, Homer with a mustache, that rich kid that looked like Bart... Lester and Eliza (most likely).

Blog Entries

Still getting notifications about criminals in my town lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    I am only 1 social battle point away from the last prize, so I'm gonna try to hold out updating and see if I can get it tomorrow.
    Succes! Time to update

Blog Entries

So, is the monorail a permanent addition, and not just another mini-event? I haven't noticed the countdown clock they have for events. It'd be pretty cool to have the monorail around all the time.

And who's that hippie looking guy that comes with the Uriah's Heap Recycling Center? I don't recognize him.

Thread Information