Thread: Simpsons game retrospectives

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Simpsons game retrospectives

Hey, hello.

I used to be here a lot, then not at all, and now I'm back around as I get into Simpsons games again. TL;DR, this whole thing - http://www.noiseland.co/.

Now I'm hopping on that YT bandwagon and putting out retrospectives. It's just short listicles for now while I work on scripts for the long-form stuff.

Anyway, new videos on the 1st and 15th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E14...sEtvkni9q1DbVt

There's a few I never played but I don't think I'm missing out on anything, it's a shame that we only god a handful of decent simpsons games.

It's insane to think back when I was playing the arcade game or the 1st NES game.. I never got very far and even at the time didn't think much of the game. I have memories of playing "Bart's House of Weirdness" on my computer, it wasn't a great platformer but at least it looked like the simpsons. Virtual Springfield was another one I enjoyed, even if it was light on content.

are there any hidden gems ?

I'm definitely gonna make an argument for Bart vs. the World as a game that got overlooked after Space Mutants left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It's far more enjoyable and I think has enough good qualities to make it worth your while.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

If you ask me, the main problem with Bart vs. the Space Mutants - at least the version I played (can't remember if it was NES or Atari ST) - was, in the first level, there is a policeman who suddenly appears that Bart has to spray paint, and if you let him get away, he never comes back and you can't complete the level.

Very good videos.
    Really unbiased rundown of what happened and what these games were like.
    Extremely fresh and refreshing take on the YT review/critique model.

Thread Information