Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180181182183184185186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 5701

Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I don't recall my old comments, but yeah making it a separate area was a bad decision. Plus its own currency and lack of any growth just killed it.

Krustyland is weird because it exists outside the show, with most of the locations and items coming from the Universal attraction. I don't think they pulled from the Bongo mini series at all.
    UP AND ATOM!

So now it’s letting me log in, but any time I haven’t played for ore than a few hours (so, once a day at the least, usually twice), it goes to that screen where it asks your age and then acts like it has to download the entire game (816.7 mb exactly every time) which takes like 5 minutes and hopefully is at least deleting that data every time and not just redownloading it over and over

You’d think at this point they’d have at least worked the technical kinks out, even if they can’t come up with a way to make the events at all original or engaging

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

The only thing I don't like about Tapped Out at times is the completion of buildings, if you forget where you've put them on the map they can be very hard to find and you can struggle then to move on with the game, specially if a character is with the building with tasks.

If they would have the building completion work like they do characters tasks it would be spot on, I'm also not keen on the continuous tapping of characters to find round the map to gain whatever items are in the current task, again, it's finding them all and they're often hidden behind buildings which makes it hard to click them too, other than that the game is great.

It would also be very cool if they would release a template of actual Springfield or similar designed maps, only reason because I'm crap at designing the maps and it's way too time consuming, I'd even pay for a template if they had one (as long as it wasn't silly prices) haha

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

There is no real template of an actual Springfield, though you can use the show as a guide. I've made several posts in the past showing screengrabs from episodes that I used to get a "close enough" layout for my Springfield. I'd suggest clicking back through the thread or checking out maps of the city for a general idea of where stuff usually is.

Blog Entries

Itchy & Scratchy Land has rejuvenated my interest after multiple dull events and something about bitcoin

Blog Entries

I'm glad that this event got rid of an unnecesary instance that I don't really want to go to, the only reason I still went is for the balloon game. Its more fun to have your amusement park on the same map. The Poochie mini-event was a nice follow up, though I wish Scratchy didn't cost a ridicilous overpriced 300 donuts with a decoration I don't care for. The latest events were rather dull but I've liked this one for both its theme and getting rid of a nuisance.

Would be nice if I get to buy land with money. What can I even buy now? I already got all the prestige items, its just the rest of the land that I need which I still fall on behind quite badly. I really don't get EA's decision of turning land expansions from a purchasable item into a token reward for doing events.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The newest Tapped Out event is the Moe’s Ark event. It basically adds a bunch of zoo and animal-related items to the game.

Adds quite a bit of characters:

All 150 donuts except where listed

Larry Kidkill (from Eight Misbehavin, unlocked automatically)
    Brittany Brockman (Act 1 Prize)
    T-Rex (Kid from the the hipster episode, Act 2 Prize)
    Teenage Homer (separate character, not skin; Act 3 Prize)
    Azzlan (Lion from The Serfsons; paired with the Serfsons’ House, 185 donuts)
    Kitenge (from Simpson Safari; paired with African Tree Resort)
    Allison Taylor (paired with paired Taylor House)
    Joan Bushwell (from Simpson Safari; paired with Chimp Refugee)
    Knifey Spooney (paired with Crockey Waters)
    Yo Yo (Girl and kangaroo from an anime in the hipster episode; paired with Worm Train [unknown price, probably 150 donuts])

...And the big one:

Sarah Wiggum (paired with Springfield Aquarium; 300 donuts)

A couple of these are tenuously if at all related to the animal theme, and were clearly just thrown in just to get characters like Allison and Sarah in the game. Allison has nothing to do with the theme at all.
    Last edited by ataeaf; 08-03-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

I’m not even sure I’m playing this right. The prize for completing the emu experience is just another emu experience? And literally the only thing to do with that currency is upgrade it over and over?

Tapped Out has been chugging along. I still play all the events but I feel like it has gotten harder to complete events, I always get to that last day and could use a day or two more.

The Free Donuts hack seems to have hit a snag, and now the Reddit group no longer adds all locked content and limits donuts to 1000 every 3 months. Meanwhile Tapped Out has increased the premium items each event, and some are really great. Oh well. The party had to end sometime, I just wish I wasn't missing out on the Box Factory.

Blog Entries

Haven't played in months but I had to get Lewis. Obscure kid characters getting their little moment in the sun is the primary selling point to me.

I hate that he's referred to as Lewis Clark and not just Lewis though

Continue to play this everyday.

The most difficult thing for me so far has been unlocking Matt Groening himself. That cost so much money that I never seem to accumulate before having to spend more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Haven't played in months but I had to get Lewis. Obscure kid characters getting their little moment in the sun is the primary selling point to me.

I hate that he's referred to as Lewis Clark and not just Lewis though
    Lewis was a must-buy for me too. Now I want “Just Stamp the Ticket” Man even though he’s not a kid character.

It is interesting that his full name is used, so I guess that list in Yellow Subterfuge was canon. This also confirms Sherri and Terri’s last name as Mackleberry. But then Borton was used as Wendell’s last name instead of Queasley.

(Though if anything bothers me, it’s the fact that Richard isn’t alongside him.)

Sub-mediocre artist Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is nice when characters like that get some screentime... but it still tends to vary. Some of them even have entire parts of their questline where they have no appearance whatsoever or have it so bad, their questline is more about one of the regulars who already gets lots of attention than the supposed stars. Because when paying for a premium with a quest I really want more Milhouse... even though I'm fairly sure he already gets more attention than Bart.

Oh, I heard the Golden Goose is a good one to get, apparently it makes land easier to buy. Have yet to unlock that, mind.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the Golden Goose generates land tokens. Got that as soon as I found that out.

Blog Entries

The new Tapped Out event adds a certain someone to the game... as a FREE character.

Samantha Stanky, Ned’s parents, and Little Vicky Valentine are also added, though they aren’t free. (all 150 donuts except Vicky who is 199)

Here are some spoilers, if you want:

https://tstoaddicts.com/2019/01/22/v...ature-details/

They haven’t been added yet but other characters added are  Nikki McKenna, Gloria, Jenda, Groundskeeper Wilma, and Dondelinger .
    Last edited by ataeaf; 01-23-2019 at 04:41 PM.

You are using a laptop or PC can download Tapped Out in apknite, I downloaded it quite quickly, access the extension to download.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bcnpaccepkfgni

I read the rumor that Tapped Out is coming to an end. The fact that they are liquidating premium products with the Yearbook Mystery Box would be the first indication. The second, that the new mini-event, Marge at the Bat, has no new characters, places or decorations to offer.

Does anyone know anything concrete about this or, at the moment, it is a simple speculation?
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 2/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside: TBA / Hail of the Teeth: TBA

kinda hope they do end it tbh. i'm a little disappointed in myself that i still play this crap

Blog Entries

I was originally buliding my town to reflect Hit & Run's first level but then it just became a dumping ground. Stopped playing around 2017. I hope the inclination of Tapped Out ending means EA might try to make a splash on console with a new game sometime in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I did notice that there was a lack of any Easter event this year and the BIG events in general have been pretty slow recently.

Just had a thought: What if the Disney deal has something to do with this?

Blog Entries

I don't think it affected Star Wars much did it? Might be wrong.

Either way, two minds regarding this. On one hand, could be a good thing, as in we might finally see something new.

On the other hand, a fair few of the ideas and such were really good, like "could make for an episode plot or subplot that'd be better than what we usually get" kinda good. And actually made pretty decent use out of nearly everyone, even the characters that supposedly had nothing to work with. Allllso this *is* EA, there's nothing whatsoever to say that the next one might be, say, a 60$ that locks everything behind microtransactions and mystery/loot-box only content anyway and likely an even bigger grindfest to force it. I mean being able to actually pick out something you want and just buy that is pretty much a thing of the past.

I mean there's quite a lot of interesting ways a new game could go but as long as it's under the clutches of EA I doubt much good will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    I don't think it affected Star Wars much did it? Might be wrong.
    The sale of Lucasfilm led to Lucasarts shutting down and Disney making a deal with EA for them to exclusively make games.

As for The Simpsons, we've already learned on the home video front that the season 19 DVD delay is due to the restructuring at FOX Home Entertainment with Disney taking over and Disney+ will now be home to Simpsons streaming.

Well they did announce a new update that is apparently released.

https://youtu.be/r77bb8n0frQ?t=3199

The reactions to this panel at E3 were 'HIT & RUN 2?!'

this may seem petty, but i really hate that when you clear someones "spying" in your town, it takes like 5 seconds for the icon to go away. when you have a bunch that are concentrated together it's almost impossible to tell which you've already cleared and which you haven't and you end up accidentally opening the menu for a bunch of buildings before you can actually clear them all (or else just tap one at a time and wait until the icon clears). but i mean, what possible reason is there to not have the icon just disappear immediately? Apkafe have tutoral

Blog Entries

So uh, into the new event I'd done part one but... has anyone else had part 2 show up at all? Because it's been a while and I'm pretty sure part two should have started, and I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    So uh, into the new event I'd done part one but... has anyone else had part 2 show up at all? Because it's been a while and I'm pretty sure part two should have started, and I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    Yeah there was a weird gap for me too, and it's because these are dropping weekly but they move pretty fast.

personally, i'm glad that i'm able to actually finish these without obsessively checking in every 3 hours like usual

So, apparently the news that Tapped Out was coming to an end was false?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuffBlimp View Post
    So, apparently the news that Tapped Out was coming to an end was false?
    I think after the Disney buyout it took some time for things to transition. Probably same EA and Simpsons staff, but maybe organization changes for FOX Digital Entertainment.

Thread Information