Thread: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

This event has been pretty good so far. I've got all the Act 1 prizes except the last two, which I won't reach anyway, which doesn't really bother me. A good selection of prizes and a decent theme makes an event really enjoyable (as opposed to Clash of Clans, ugh).

I do have a weird issue where all my characters have their task lists listed normally by length of task (eg 1 hr, then 4hr, then 6hr, etc) EXCEPT for Miss Hoover, who has a 3hr task stuck at the top of her list. It's not highlighted and doesn't correspond to anything in my current missions list, so have no clue what's going on. Makes it a bit of a pain when I'm clicking through my characters for 1hr tasks and ALWAYS send her on the 3hr one by mistake.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can use the Office of Unemployment to send all of your characters on one-hour tasks at the same time.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    You can use the Office of Unemployment to send all of your characters on one-hour tasks at the same time.
    I am aware of that, that doesn't explain the actual issue I mentioned though.

you can get it on computer too, just download bluestacks and take it from there.
    I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I do have a weird issue where all my characters have their task lists listed normally by length of task (eg 1 hr, then 4hr, then 6hr, etc) EXCEPT for Miss Hoover, who has a 3hr task stuck at the top of her list. It's not highlighted and doesn't correspond to anything in my current missions list, so have no clue what's going on. Makes it a bit of a pain when I'm clicking through my characters for 1hr tasks and ALWAYS send her on the 3hr one by mistake.
    The "do narobics" one right? So annoying. Also applies to Marge and Luann

Blog Entries

My To Buy Freemium Items list :
    - Duff Brewery
    - Krustylu Studios
    - Police car
    - Bowlarama
    - Planet Hype
    - Piece of crap car

Blog Entries

So a Whacking Day mini-event is out. It'll only be out for three days and it comes with a bunch of premium characters like Bare-chested Willie and Ninja Practice Homer, a pet snake, and a huge bundle for 125 donuts.

That western snake is so kyoot
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

It's a great game! Especially considering it is free then it is AMAZING! I love designing my own Springfield and going through the hilarious quests and dialogues to unlock funny characters and buildings from the TV series! I have a blog devoted to the Simpsons and Tapped Out! Check it out (link in my signature) ...
    Visit my blog to get all the Simpson Tapped Out info you need - www.blogs.tapped-out.co.uk - don't forget to follow and give comments! Happy Tapping ...

Blog Entries

I finally got around to downloading this. Username: manicfawnday
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

How do you add friends by ID? It only gives my the option to add friends through email, or Facebook. I double-checked and my email is verified. Searching Google hasn't been very helpful.

Blog Entries

I think you have to sign in through Origin or whatever EA's sign-in system is now

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Final act! Some really cool locations in this one, with Carl's Dad's Caverns as the big final item. Also, Sneed's Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck's) is a must own premium item.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Well, the Level 60 update just dropped. Turns out it's the last level update in the game. You can still level up past level 60, but if won't mean anything now. You won't get anymore new characters or buildings from leveling up now. From now on, all new characters and buildings will be added through events.

Anyway, Level 60 adds the Googolplex Theater and Raphael (AKA, Wiseguy). Also, Gil has a new deal out now where you can buy Duff Gardens, which comes with Lisa's Lizard Queen outfit as an alternate costume for her. The deal will last a week.

I kinda freaked out when it said Level 60 was the last one. But ah well...hopefully the events will continue to not suck. I haven't been able to win the top prize buildings for each act so I need more buildings in my Wild West but this is it so far

Still a WIP obviously and I will probably relocate it again. I just moved this all south to new land from the northeastern area of my map where I had a small bit of space I was cramming all these stupid rocks into. But it looked neat with Mt. Carlmore so I might move that down here too.

I hope they bring levels back in pog form.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: ataeaf

The micro-events, like the NASA (er, NARA) one and the firefighter one were pretty much levels. They were simple, focused on a small theme, and easy to obtain. If we see more of those instead of levels, I'm happy.

To be honest, I've felt that the writing has been on the wall for levels given we hadn't seen one for 4 months. 60 is a good place to stop.

Am tempted by Duff Gardens, moreso than pretty much all the characters I don't have but can afford right now!

60 is a good place to stop on the levels, but I must say I was getting bored towards the end of the second act of this Wild West event, because I've been working so much I haven't had the time to be on the game, so it was impossible to get past a certain prize. The start of the third act has kind of given me a kick up the arse to get the final prize.

Apparently Duff Gardens gives you more buildings as the quest progresses, so it appears to be a very good deal.

I'm so tempted by Duff Gardens. I never visit my Krustyland anymore because I just really forget it exists.

Oh, levels are not dead! You keep going past 60 but events aren't tied to it. That's a fair trade I'd say.

Blog Entries

I'll miss these level updates, but it only makes sense to have it stop at a certain point. Its already quite a journey for new players to reach max level, and it costs a lot of money. Thats actually something I just noticed, that buying a new building costs a lot of money while with mini-events you can atleast save up a new currency for limited time. Upgrading IRS and buying all the land is expensive enough for me, and I already bought all the aspirational buildings in the past by which I ahd to start all over. I like those mini-event replacements so far, and that they stick to a certain theme from certain episodes like the firefighters and Deep Space Homer.

That Duff Brewery seems hard to pass up. I haven't bought a premium item in this event yet which I usually do, this event didn't really have that much good stuff to me other than maybe the mining mountain. I don't care much for the premium characters.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

Thanks to a bug I somehow have longshot skinner despite not unlocking him

Same here on Skinner, though cycling through his skins removes it. I also spotted Human Statue in the main town away from the Squidport. I stored him and placed hi again and he went back to the pier.

Also, I noticed that levels still do something: they unlock movies you can play at the Googleplex theater. So level 95 will final movie you can set to play there. Not sure what animation you get, or if the marquee changes.

Yeah I had the same glitch with Skinner but lost it when I changed his costume. Kinda sad now.

Blog Entries

I had the glitch with Skinner too, but it disappeared when I switched costumes.

Also, ever since this event started, I've had a weird glitch that causes the Human Statue to constantly leave the pier. No matter how many times I put him into storage and then put him back into the game, he just won't stay and keeps leaving the pier.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

same glitches here with the human statue and Skinner and I was hoping they would have Cookie in this western update but i guess Toothless Joe is too similar a character
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

Blog Entries

Hey, this event comes close to an end, time to give my opinion on it !

It was a decent event overall. I wasn't too fond of the Western theme, but the prizes were good enough. I still have to go for the Carl's Caverns (plus a bunch of crafting decorations I don't really care for) which by the way would be nice for the forrest area I just started, but so far my favorite prize is the cool Longshot Skinner skin (hehe I already got 2 Skins for Skinner, and zero for Marge. Whoops).

One thing I disliked was the crafting system which was a pain in the ass when you run one of the 2/3/4 currencies, especially at the end of an act (I was close for not getting Wes Doobner, god bless my in-game friends and their gold miners).

Here's a look of my Old Springfield (I don't have enough space to let my imagination explode unfortunately) :

Btw, if anyone is interested my profile name is JohndyDundee.

Blog Entries

This event turned out nicely, its not my favorite but its not bad either. I like how pretty you can now make your Wild West section, even if your freemium. The only downside is that this event takes way to long, and that the new crafting system got a bit confusing at first. But now that I've gotten used to it, its easy to farm and complete the event just in time. Most of the prices were also really good, and the new dirt tiles is probably one of their better new features. Hope they'll continue giving more new tilesets just to shape up some nice new sections in town. The story was also fine.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know it’s late for this but... I think this thread should be stickied.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Thread Information