Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate & Review: Season 5

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

so do you like this season or ain't ya?

Banned
    Blog Entries

I like season 5, David Mirkin has a nice balance of wackiness and reality unlike Mike Scully.

Blog Entries

Homer's Barbershop Quartet: A
    Cape Feare: A+
    Homer Goes To College: A
    Rosebud: A-
    Treehouse Of Horror IV: A
    Marge on the Lam: B
    Bart's Inner Child: B
    Boy-Scoutz in the Hood: A
    The Last Temptation of Homer: A-
    $pringfield: A
    Homer the Vigilante: A
    Bart Gets Famous: A
    Homer and Apu: A
    Lisa Vs Malibu Stacy: B+
    Deep Space Homer: A+
    Homer Loves Flanders: A+
    Bart Gets an Elephant: A
    Burns Heir: A
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song: A-
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much: A
    Lady Bouvier's Lover: B-
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage: B

Another very consistent good season. No episodes below a B- for me still and plenty of As too!
    My Top 100 Simpsons episodes

My Simpsons season rankings (1-23):

6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 4 > 10 > 9 > 2 > 12 > 1 > 11 > 16 > 15 > 13 > 17 > 14 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23 > 21 > 22

Simon Era - Reiss Era - Mirkin Era - Oakley Era - Scully Era - Jean Era

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homer's Barbershop Quartet: A+
    Homer Goes to College: A
    Rosebud: A+
    Treehouse of Horror IV: A+
    Marge on the Lam: A
    Bart's Inner Child: A-
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood: B+
    The Last Temptation of Homer: A+
    $pringfield: B
    Homer the Vigilante: A-
    Bart Gets Famous: A-
    Homer and Apu: A
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy: B+
    Deep Space Homer: A
    Homer Loves Flanders: B+
    Bart Gets an Elephant: C
    Burns' Heir: B+
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song: B+
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much: A-
    Lady Bouvier's Lover: A
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage: A+

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

The worst season from 2-7.

1. Cape Feare - 10/10
    2. Marge on the Lam - 8/10
    3. The Boy Who Knew Too Much - 8/10
    4. The Last Temptation of Homer - 8/10
    5. Treehouse of Horror IV - 8/10
    6. $pringfield - 8/10
    7. Burns’ Heir - 8/10
    8. Boy-Scoutz ‘n the Hood - 8/10
    9. Homer and Apu - 7/10
    10. Deep Space Homer - 7/10
    11. Homer’s Barbershop Quartet - 7/10
    12. Rosebud - 7/10
    13. Secrets of a Successful Marriage - 7/10
    14. Homer the Vigilante - 7/10
    15. Lady Bouvier’s Lover - 7/10
    16. Homer Loves Flanders - 7/10
    17. Bart Gets Famous - 6/10
    18. Sweet Seymour Skinner’s Baadasssss Song - 6/10
    19. Bart’s Inner Child - 6/10
    20. Homer Goes to College - 5/10
    21. Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy - 5/10
    22. Bart Gets an Elephant - 4/10

Nature's Cruelest Mistake Infinity183's Avatar

Homer's Barbershop Quartet: 10/10
    Cape Feare: 9.5/10
    Homer Goes to College: 7.5/10
    Rosebud: 9/10
    Treehouse of Horror IV: 8/10
    Marge on the Lam: 10/10
    Bart's Inner Child: 8.5/10
    Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood: 9/10
    The Last Temptation of Homer: 10/10
    $pringfiled (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling): 9.5/10
    Homer the Vigilante: 9/10
    Bart Gets Famous: 9.5/10
    Homer and Apu: 9/10
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy: 9.5/10
    Deep Space Homer: 10/10
    Homer Loves Flanders: 8.5/10
    Bart Gets an Elephant: 6/10
    Burns' Heir: 10/10
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadassss Song: 9/10
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much: 10/10
    Lady Bouvier's Lover: 8.5/10
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage: 10/10

Overall, a strong, if fairly overrated classic season.
    My favorite and least favorite episodes from each season:
    S1 - Krusty Gets Busted / The Call of the Simpsons S2 - Lisa's Substitute / The War of the Simpsons S3 - Homer at the Bat / Dog of Death S4 - Marge vs. the Monorail / Whacking Day S5 - Marge on the Lam / Bart Gets an Elephant S6 - Who Shot Mr. Burns?: Part 1 / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7 - Bart on the Road / Homerpalooza S8 - You Only Move Twice / The Twisted World of Marge Simpson S9 - The Joy of Sect / All Singing, All Dancing S10 - Simpsons Bible Stories / Sunday, Cruddy Sunday S11 - Treehouse of Horror X / It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge S12 - Trilogy of Error / Tennis the Menace S13 - Half-Decent Proposal / The Sweetest Apu S14 - Moe Baby Blues / Brake My Wife, Please S15 - The Way We Weren't / Bart-Mangled Banner S16 - Sleeping with the Enemy / Thank God, It's Doomsday S17 - The Girl Who Slept Too Little / Homer's Paternity Coot S18 - 24 Minutes / The Boys of Bummer S19 - Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind / Treehouse of Horror XVIII S20 - Gone, Maggie Gone / Dangerous Curves S21 - O Brother, Where Bart Thou? / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed S22 - Homer the Father / The Fool Monty S23 - The Book Job / Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson S24 - The Saga of Carl / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing

Banned
    Blog Entries

Homers Barbershop Quartet: A
    Perhaps one of the most underrated episodes of all time. This is one of those episodes you have too be a beatels fan too know some of the hidden stuff. While i have always liked this episode, learning more about the beatels made me like the episode even more.
    Terrific episode. The ending scene is pretty weak but the rest is amazing.
    Homer Goes To College: C+
    The jokes are okay but not more than what you expect from the average Mirkin episode. This episode also has some of the worst storytelling of the classic-years and a early apparence of Jerkass Homer.
    Rosebud: A+
    The plot might not be the best. But man its so absolutely hilarious from start to finish.
    Treehouse Of Horror IV: B
    Most overrated thoh ever. The first segment is awesome but the rest is pretty good at best.
    Marge On The Lam: A
    Very underrated. Third best Marge episode only beaten out by A Streetcar Named Marge and Marge Vs The Monorail.
    Barts Inner Child: C+
    Meh. The first act is good but the rest is pretty boring by season 5 standars and the storytelling is again pretty eh.
    Boy Schoutz In The Hood: A-
    Very funny. Homer is a jerk at times but this is one of those times it works.
    The Last Tempation Of Homer: A
    While it might not have the same dept or seriousness as Colonel Homer its just as hilarious from start to finish.
    Springfield: A-
    The storytelling is a bit messy with all the plots going on but its very funny.
    Homer The Viligante: B
    Homer might be a jerk at times but this is one of those times its funny.
    Bart Gets Famous: B
    Starts out weak but gets better and better until the awesome conan o brien cameo.
    Homer And Apu: A-
    Again starts out slow but then becomes hilarious.
    Lisa Vs Malibu Stacy: A-
    Lisa might overreact but its hardly any worse than in Lisa The Vegatarian plus it has perhaps one of the funniest subplots ever.
    Deep Space Homer: A
    I dont care if people will say the plot was wacky and off-the-wall for the time its still extremely hilarious from start to finish. Easily the best Homer Gets A Job episode.
    Homer Loves Flanders: B-
    I know Homer was meant to be annoying for the sake of the story but it still annoys me a bit but other than that its fine.
    Bart Gets An Elephant: C+
    Very boring for a season 5 episode. One of those episodes that succeds in being both wacky and unmemorable at the same time.
    Burns Heir: B
    Slightly overrated from what i have seen but still a very funny episode.
    Sweet Seymour Skinners Badass Song: A-
    Great Bart&Skinner episode.
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much: A-
    Very underrated. Hilarious episode.
    Lady Boviers Lover: B-
    Pretty good episode but its pretty forgettable and lacking in humor for season 5.
    Secrets Of A Sucessful Marriage: A-
    Homer might be a jerk but it worked in the context of the story and i did not find him that annoying anyway, Marge might also be sort of a bitch but i did not mind it as i could understand why she reacted like she did.

One of the weaker seasons of the golden age but still amazing.

Always late to the party Whyyoubig's Avatar

Aaahhh, season 5. This season is FREAKIN’ AMAZING! Second best season behind season 4. Here’s my ratings.
    1. Homer’s Barbershop Quartet: A
    2. Cape Feare: A++ (best episode ever)
    3. Homer Goes to College: A+
    4. Rosebud: A+
    5. Treehouse of Horror IV: A
    6. Marge on the Lam: A
    7. Bart’s Inner Child: B
    8. Boy Scoutz-n the Hood: A
    9. The Last Temptation of Homer: A+
    10. $pringfield: A+
    11. Homer the Vigilante: B+
    12. Bart Gets Famous: A+
    13. Homer and Apu: A-
    14. Lisa Vs Malibu Stacy: B+
    15. Deep Space Homer: A+
    16. Homer Loves Flanders: A-
    17. Bart Gets an Elephant: B-
    18. Burns’ Heir: A
    19. Sweet Seymour Skinner’s Baadasssss Song: A+
    20. The Boy Who Knew Too Much: A
    21. Lady Bouvier’s Lover: B
    22. Secrets of a Successful Marriage: A+
    Favorite/least favorite by season (not counting clip shows)
    Season 1: Life on the Fast Lane/Some Enchanted Evening Season 2: Bart the Daredevil/Old Money Season 3: Bart the Lover/Dog of Death Season 4: Last Exit to Springfield/Marge in Chains Season 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets an Elephant Season 6: Homer the Great/Fear of Flying Season 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza Season 8: You Only Move Twice/Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(D’oh)cious Season 9: The City of New York Vs Homer Simpson/Lisa the Skeptic Season 10: Lisa Gets an A/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble Season 11: Behind the Laughter/It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge Season 12: Trilogy of Error/Homer Vs Dignity Season 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game Season 14: Moe Baby Blues/Barting Over Season 15: Simple Simpson/Bart-Mangled Banner Season 16: Don’t Fear the Roofer/On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Bonfire of the Manatees Season 18: 24 Minutes/The Boys of Bummer Season 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/That 90’s Show Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone/In the Name of the Grandfather Season 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed Season 22: Angry Dad: The Movie/Elementary School Musical Season 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Lisa Goes Gaga Season 24: I haven’t seen this season Season 25: Brick Like Me/Days of Future Future Season 26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell to Earth Season 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream Season 28: 22 For 30/Kamp Krustier Season 29: Gone Boy/The Old Blue Mayor She Ain’t What She Used to Be Season 30: TBD when 11 episodes have aired/TBD when 11 episodes have aired

Fun, I have not seen it for a while, but I liked it years ago

Blog Entries

The decline of The Simpsons begins with season five.

I’m kidding, of course. Well, kinda.

Season five is magnificent, no doubt about it. Showrunner David Mirkin shifts further away from the down-to-earth sensibilities of past seasons in favour of the wackier stories and gags which first emerged in season four - perhaps a sign that the show was experiencing its first pangs of creative fatigue while trying to reorient itself after the departure of its original creators and other significant staff members.

Fortunately, this attempt to expand the breadth and extend the longevity of the show was mostly successful. Nearly every episode boasts some of the greatest comedy and satire television has seen, memorable if more outlandish stories, and good though slightly modified and problematic characterisations. Even Deep Space Homer - an episode that would have been inconceivable just one or two years earlier - works because it's grounded by Homer's arc of wanting to be respected by his family.

Even so, there are a few minor caveats. Tendencies that become more frequent and pervasive in later years can be traced back to this season. Homer Goes to College might be the first significant example of Jerkass Homer, a precedent that eventually defined the Scully years. Homer's Barbershop Quartet plays fast and loose with continuity and Homer the Vigilante has the titular character change career paths, a trope that became increasingly common thereafter.

These are still really good episodes and I realise it's not fair to criticise them for their adverse influence on later seasons. The many transgressions of the post-classic era lay at the feet of those directly responsible for producing them, not previous showrunners and writers who could never have predicted that The Simpsons would persist so far beyond its natural lifespan.

I still don't think season five quite reaches the heights of the previous two seasons, but even the least impressive episodes still rank among the greatest comedy in the history of television. The Simpsons was still able to churn out episodes of such consistently high quality after five years with few missteps, securing its place as one of the greatest shows ever made.

For me, the best episodes of season five are Homer’s Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, Homer and Apu, Burns’ Heir, and Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song. Honorable mentions also go to Rosebud, Treehouse of Horror IV, Deep Space Homer and The Last Temptation of Homer.

Homer's Barbershop Quartet - 5/5
    Cape Feare - 5/5
    Homer Goes to College - 4/5
    Rosebud - 5/5
    Treehouse of Horror IV - 5/5
    Marge on the Lam - 4/5
    Bart's Inner Child - 4/5
    Boy-Scoutz 'n the Hood - 4/5
    The Last Temptation of Homer - 5/5
    $pringfield - 4/5
    Homer the Vigilante - 4/5
    Bart Gets Famous - 5/5
    Homer and Apu - 5/5
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy - 5/5
    Deep Space Homer - 5/5
    Homer Loves Flanders - 4/5
    Bart Gets an Elephant - 4/5
    Burns' Heir - 5/5
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song - 5/5
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much - 5/5
    Lady Bouvier's Lover - 4/5
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage - 5/5

Season Grade: 4.6 / A
    Last edited by B-Boy; 01-19-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Excellent analysis above from @bboynexus. I adore this season; it's a different animal to the first four, and is easily my favourite of the latter half of the classic era. The S4 surrealism is amplified to the extreme, and the result is some of the funniest, most consistently ingenious comedy I've still ever seen. Even the few episodes that are often branded 'lesser' like Lady Bouvier's Lover, Burns' Heir and Homer Loves Flanders are among my favourites.

Homer's Barbershop Quartet - A+
    Cape Feare A+
    Homer Goes to College - A+
    Rosebud - A+
    Treehouse of Horror IV - A+
    Marge on the Lam - A+ (I love this episode)
    Bart's Inner Child - B+
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood - A
    The Last Temptation of Homer - A+
    $pringfield: B+/A-
    Homer the Vigilante - A+ (Also one of my underrated favourites)
    Bart Gets Famous - A
    Homer and Apu - A+
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy - A+
    Deep Space Homer - A-
    Homer Loves Flanders - A+
    Bart Gets an Elephant - C+
    Burns' Heir - A
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song - A
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much - A+
    Lady Bouvier's Lover - A
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage - A-

One of the greatest seasons of the series in general. Whilst certainly a horse of a different colour compared to the cinematic sincerity of S2/3 or the more subtle, verbal comedy-dominated narratives of S7-8, S5 is possibly the most hilarious season of the entire show with virtually every episode in the production line containing a fair share of trademark Mirkin-esque gags (zany and unapologetically farfetched, yet bizarrely sincere and admirable in a comparable way to a giant crazy crystal structure), which fly hard and fast and pretty much all hit hard - Mr. Burns' performance in "Rosebud" in general, the onslaught of hilarity in "Treehouse of Horror IV" (honestly too many to name here), "TRAMOPOLINE!", Bart and Milhouse's slushy trip, every Lionel Hutz appearance, "Who Needs the Kwik-E-Mart?", the entirety of "Deep Space Homer", Milhouse being pursued by the FBI and others I couldn't possibly compile into any readably concise list. Despite Homer veering close to Jerkass Homer territory on a few occasions (I actually tolerate his behaviour in "Homer Goes to College" - "Boy-Scoutz 'n the Hood" is probably the closest classic Homer appearance to Scully Homer in terms of characterization, due to his lack of dignity/likeable attributes, although the episode's gags are strong enough to easily absolve this) and a number of early signs of the show beginning to tire ("something odd seems to happen to the Simpsons every week" feels like a primeval blueprint for the many lame self-referential one-liners featured further into the show's decline), Mirkin's unique style and the humour/consistency of each episode shines through and places these issues into a context where they actually seem more plausible.

Of course, this season also introduced Mike Scully into the OFF writing staff, for better or for worse (at least he gave us the great "Lisa's Rival").

If we go by production season (considering that Barbershop Quartet and "Cape Feare" are pretty much the product of an entirely different writing team):
    Rosebud: 5/5
    Homer Goes to College: 4/5
    Marge on the Lam: 5/5
    Treehouse of Horror IV: 5/5
    Bart's Inner Child: 4/5
    Boy-Scoutz'n the Hood: 4/5
    The Last Temptation of Homer: 5/5
    $pringfield: 5/5
    Homer the Vigilante: 4/5
    Homer and Apu ("SILLY CUSTOMER, YOU CANNOT HURT A TWINKIE!"): 5/5
    Bart Gets Famous: 5/5
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy: 4/5
    Deep Space Homer: 5/5
    Homer Loves Flanders: 5/5
    Bart Gets an Elephant (possibly the most precariously balanced classic episode, but salvaged by Swartzwelder's meta style): 4/5
    Burns' Heir: 5/5
    Lisa's Rival: 5/5
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song: 5/5
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much: 5/5
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage: 4/5
    Lady Bouvier's Lover: 4/5
    Bart of Darkness: 5/5

My 4th favorite season of the show behind seasons 6, 7 and 8.

Homer's Barbershop Quartet - 9/10
    Cape Feare - 10/10
    Homer Goes to College - 8/10
    Rosebud - 7/10
    Treehouse of Horror IV - 10/10
    Marge on the Lam - 10/10
    Bart's Inner Child - 7/10
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood - 10/10
    The Last Temptation of Homer - 9/10
    $pringfield - 10/10
    Homer the Vigilante - 7/10
    Bart Gets Famous - 7/10
    Homer and Apu - 5/10
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy - 5/10
    Deep Space Homer - 10/10
    Homer Loves Flanders - 8/10
    Bart Gets an Elephant - 8/10
    Burns' Heir - 8/10
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song - 7/10
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much - 7/10
    Lady Bouvier's Lover - 4/10
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage - 6/10

Homer's Barbershop Quartet -B-
    Cape Feare - A+
    Homer Goes to College - A-
    Rosebud - A+
    Treehouse of Horror IV - A-
    Marge on the Lam - A-
    Bart's Inner Child - C+
    Boy-Scoutz 'n the Hood - A
    The Last Temptation of Homer - C
    $pringfield - A
    Homer the Vigilante - A
    Bart Gets Famous - C
    Homer and Apu - B
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy - C+
    Deep Space Homer - A
    Homer Loves Flanders - A+
    Bart Gets an Elephant - B+
    Burns' Heir - A
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song - B+
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much - A+
    Lady Bouvier's Lover - B
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage - B+

Season grade : A (Excellent)
    Ranking : 3rd
    Last edited by Liks; 12-24-2020 at 05:06 AM.

Blog Entries

My own rating list (out of 100)
    Great
    «Secrets of a Successful Marriage» 95 (A)
    «Bart Gets Famous» 91 (A-)
    Very good
    «The Last Temptation of Homer» 88 (B+)
    «Homer’s Barbershop Quartet» 87 (B+)
    «$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)» 87 (B+)
    Good
    «Treehouse of Horror IV» 83.67 (B+)
    «Marge on the Lam» 83 (B+)
    «Cape Feare» 82 (B)
    «Homer Loves Flanders» 82 (B)
    «Rosebud» 80 (B)
    «Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy» 80 (B)
    «Burns’ Heir» 80 (B)
    «Deep Space Homer» 79 (B)
    «Lady Bouvier’s Lover» 79 (B)
    «Boy-Scoutz ’n the Hood» 78 (B)
    «Bart Gets an Elephant» 77 (B-)
    «Sweet Seymour Skinner’s Baadasssss Song» 77 (B-)
    «The Boy Who Knew Too Much» 74 (B-)
    «Homer and Apu» 73 (B-)
    «Bart’s Inner Child» 71 (B-)
    Very decent
    None/all above
    Decent
    «Homer Goes to College» 67 (C+)
    Bad
    «Homer the Vigilante» 63 (C+)

Average score 79.849 (B) (GOOD)
    Good to bad ratio (91%/9%)
    Maximum planty of good episodes 11
    Last edited by Bohdan; 06-25-2020 at 03:32 AM.
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 02/03/21):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Some Enchanted Evening 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Itchy & Scratchy & Marge 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/The Otto Show 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Selma’s Choice 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer the Vigilante 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/Lisa’s Rival 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Homerpalooza 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Homer They Fall 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Marge and Homer Turn a Couple Play 18. 24 Minutes/Treehouse of Horror XVII 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Treehouse of Horror XIX 21. Chief of Hearts/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/The Kid Is All Right 26. Bart’s New Friend/Bull-E 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. Looking for Mr. Goodbart/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/No Good Read Goes Unpunished 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. The Way of the Dog/The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 12 > 20 > 21 > 10 > 27 > 17 > 24 > 15 > 18 > 13 > 26 > 14 > 29 > 19 > 31 > 25 > 28 > 30 > 16 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Out of 10 (including decimals)

1: Deep Space Homer: 10/10 (My All Time Favorite)
    2: Rosebud: 10/10
    3: Treehouse of Horror IV: 9.5/10
    4: Cape Feare: 9.5/10
    5: The Last Temptation of Homer: 9/10
    6: Homer's Barbershop Quartet: 9/10
    7: Burns' Heir: 9/10 (Would've made a better 100th episode than SSSBAS)
    8: Homer Goes to College: 8.5/10
    9: $pringfield: 8.5/10 (Probably my favorite Marge episode)
    10: Boy-Scoutz n the Hood: 8/10
    11: Homer Loves Flanders: 8/10
    12: Homer and Apu: 7.5/10
    13: Homer the Vigilante: 7/10
    14: The Boy Who Knew Too Much: 7/10

15: Bart Gets an Elephant: 6.5/10
    16: Marge on the Lam: 6.5/10
    17: Bart's Inner Child: 6/10
    18: Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy: 5.5/10
    19: Lady Bouvier's Lover: 5/10
    20: Secrets of a Successful Marriage: 5/10 (Never been keen on Homer/Marge Relationship Problem episodes)

21: Bart Gets Famous: 3/10 (The 'I Didn't Do It' phrase is used too much and gets stale)
    22: Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song: 2/10 (I just hate it. It pushed one of my favorite episodes back a whole season (Well, the Northridge earthquake did), made it the earliest 2nd episode of the season by date (followed by 'Radioactive Man'), and is MISLEADING. It promised Bart's biggest prank. What did we get prankwise? Nothing. (I don't consider bringing a dog to school a prank, and SLH did it himself, not Bart))

Season Overview
    Grade: B+
    Good/OK/Bad Episodes: 14/3/5

Season 4
    Last edited by Trab Pu Kcip; 08-05-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Homer's Barbershop Quartet A
    Cape Fear A++ (Best of the season)
    Homer Goes To College A
    Rosebud A++
    Treehouse of Horror IV A-
    Marge On The Lam A++
    Bart's Inner Child A-
    Boy-Scoutz in the Hood A-
    The Last Temptation Of Horrof A++
    $pringfield A-
    Homer The Vigilante A++
    Bart Gets Famous A+
    Homer and Apu B+
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy A-
    Deep Space Homer A+
    Homer Loves Flanders A++
    Bart Gets An Elephant A-
    Burns Heir A++
    Sweet Seymour Skinners Baadasssss Song A
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much A++
    Lady Bouvier's Love B- (Worst of the season)
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage B+

8 A++
    2 A+
    3 A
    6 A-
    2 B+
    1 B-

Average: A++ Excellent one of the best seasons.
    Last edited by sandurt; 08-16-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    i wish everybody i like a good day (i like everyone)

Homer's Barbershop Quartet 4/5
    Cape Feare 5/5
    Homer Goes to College 4/5
    Rosebud 5/5
    Treehouse of Horror IV 4.5/5
    Marge on the Lam 5/5
    Bart's Inner Child 4/5
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood 4/5
    The Last Temptation of Homer 5/5
    $pringfield 4/5
    Homer the Vigilante 3.5/5
    Bart Gets Famous 4/5
    Homer and Apu 4/5
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy 4.5/5
    Deep Space Homer 3.5/5
    Homer Loves Flanders 4/5
    Bart Gets an Elephant 4/5
    Burns' Heir 4/5
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song 4/5
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much 4/5
    Lady Bouvier's Lover 3.5/5
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage 3.5/5

Average: 4.1/5

Worst Episode: Secrets of a Successful Marriage 3.5/5

Best Episode: Rosebud 5/5
    Last edited by monkey frog; 01-27-2021 at 08:18 AM.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Alura

Tbh I haven’t watched the episodes in this season a ton, (because for the longest time I didn’t have the dvd set :P) but I still remember it being a pretty good season

Homer's Barbershop Quartet: 4/5
    Cape Feare: 5/5
    Homer Goes to College: 3/5
    Rosebud: 3/5
    Treehouse of Horror IV: 4/5 (would be a 5/5, but im not the biggest fan of the dracula segment :B)
    Marge on the Lam: 4/5
    Bart's Inner Child: 2/5
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood: 4/5
    The Last Temptation of Homer: 4/5
    $pringfield: 3/5
    Bart Gets Famous: 4/5
    Homer and Apu: 3/5
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy: 4/5
    Deep Space Homer: 3/5
    Homer Loves Flanders: 4/5
    Bart Gets an Elephant: 2/5
    Burns' Heir: 4/5
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song: 3/5
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much: 3/5
    Lady Bouvier's Lover: 3/5
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage: 3/5

Average score: 3.4

I think I need to rewatch this season, the scores would probably be higher lol
    Tbh I don’t really remember the last three episodes super good

Homer's Barbershop Quartet 4/5
    Cape Feare 5/5
    Homer Goes to College 5/5
    Rosebud 5/5
    Treehouse of Horror IV 4.5/5
    Marge on the Lam 4.5/5
    Bart's Inner Child 4/5
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood 4.5/5
    The Last Temptation of Homer 5/5
    $pringfield 4.5/5
    Homer the Vigilante 4/5
    Bart Gets Famous 4/5
    Homer and Apu 4/5
    Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy 4.5/5
    Deep Space Homer 4.5/5
    Homer Loves Flanders 4.5/5
    Bart Gets an Elephant 4/5
    Burns' Heir 4/5
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song 4.5/5
    The Boy Who Knew Too Much 5/5
    Lady Bouvier's Lover 3.5/5
    Secrets of a Successful Marriage 3.5/5

average: 4.36/5 or 8.72/10
    season rank: 3rd
    Last edited by Alura; 02-05-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries

From what I remember, will probs do another when I rewatch.
    Homer's Barbershop Quartet: 4/5
    Cape Feare: 4.5/5
    Homer Goes to College: 4.5/5
    Rosebud: 4.5/5
    Treehouse of Horror IV: 4/5
    Marge on the Lam: 4/5
    Bart's Inner Child: 3/5
    Boy-Scoutz n the Hood: 4/5
    The Last Temptation of Homer: 4.5/5
    $pringfield: 4.5/5
    Bart Gets Famous: 4/5