Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 4482

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

even though i already have pretty much every game on this thing i will buy it if the price is not outrageous and they aren't too scarce. love me some snes

The price is $80, out on Sept. 29

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces...sic-1796418700

21 games:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
    • Donkey Kong Country
    • EarthBound
    • Final Fantasy III
    • F-ZERO
    • Kirby Super Star
    • Kirby’s Dream Course
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • Mega Man X
    • Secret of Mana
    • Star Fox
    • Star Fox 2
    • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    • Super Castlevania IV
    • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    • Super Mario Kart
    • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Metroid
    • Super Punch-Out!!
    • Yoshi’s Island
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

a bunch of rubes on neogaf, including me, preordered it off amazon.co.uk, since american retailers probably won't put it up for pre order. what's the worst that can happen right?
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    [*]Star Fox 2
    ...Wait....what?! Is this for real?! Star Fox 2 is actually being officially released?! Oh my god, that's amazing!

...Great, now I actually do want to buy the SNES Classic just for Star Fox 2.

Blog Entries

lol good luck

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

I've started playing Earthbound on an online emulator for the first time. The style and music's great, but do people actually enjoy all the grinding in this game?

No one likes to grind in RPGS.

Blog Entries

Man, what a killer line-up of games. I love that they included Kirby's Dream Course on the list... Such a charming fun little game, been forever since I had played it last on a rental. Have played most of these already but don't own that many of them (other than digitally).

Supposedly, they're going to manufacture more of these than the NES version (yeah, sure) so hopefully I'll be able to get nab one of these. We'll see.

Blog Entries

Visited some friends in Des Moines over the weekend, and on the way home, we randomly stopped at a Subway in a Walmart in Peoria, Illinois. I said, what the hell, I'll swing by the electronics section to look. And there was one last Nintendo Switch in stock. Sweet. The plan was to wait until Splatoon 2 came out but finally seeing one in the wild, I didn't want to risk it.

Didn't buy any games since I was still on the road. Might go for Disgaea 5 for now, to get some tactical RPG stuff going. I've only played the first game in the series, but I liked it well enough (despite how over-the-top it is). Might do a couple indies first instead.

Did anyone double dip on MK8? I played a bunch of it on Wii U already, is it worth getting the Switch version?

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

May have to get a Switch just for new Pokemon, was hoping they'd keep it on the true portables. :/
    please watch my duck cartoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

Blog Entries

The moment the Switch was announced to be a hybrid, you had to slowly find a place to lay your 3DS to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Did anyone double dip on MK8? I played a bunch of it on Wii U already, is it worth getting the Switch version?
    Yep. Kid loves it so we figured why not? Comes with all the bizzz and uh I highly doubt we'll use the Wii U much more except to finish up some stray stuff. It's not even hooked up anymore for us. Also portability is tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    The moment the Switch was announced to be a hybrid, you had to slowly find a place to lay your 3DS to rest.
    And find a bigger wallet

Blog Entries

Such as it is in this capitalist world

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Yep. Kid loves it so we figured why not? Comes with all the bizzz and uh I highly doubt we'll use the Wii U much more except to finish up some stray stuff. It's not even hooked up anymore for us. Also portability is tits.
    The portability factor is so tempting. Been playing the Switch around the house the past day or so and have really enjoyed sitting back in the computer chair playing it while a file renders or whatever in the background. The graphics are so crisp compared to 3DS, having Mario Kart 8 there is really appealing.

Will be visiting a friend next weekend who has the game, so I'll probably check it out then. Maybe if they do a digital sale or something, I'll take the plunge.

Blog Entries

The Switch is really wonderful. Dunno how I'd feel if I was a Wii U owner tho; maybe I wouldn't wanna spend like fifty pounds on a game that's basically available on Wii U nor spend money on the console itself.

This week was the first time I actually played in TV mode (needed the Switch charger for my secondhand phone as they gave me the wrong charger for the phone) and it's rad. I'm enjoying Splatoon 2 at the moment. (I do not get on with the motion control in handheld mode, and although better than motion, controlling aim with a stick ain't great either when I have only two thumbs and most other players are using motion.)

The SNES looks damn good. I wish the best of luck to those of you who are trying to get one.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Well I really do want a Switch if Pokemon or Smash Bros comes out for it, but I'm torn between it and Crash Bandicoot on PS4. :/

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I sold my switch,Zelda and memory card for $650 a month or so after it came out and I haven't seen one since.Today after a doctor's appointment I stopped at a nearby Best Buy and they had 1 in stock so I picked it up with Zelda & Mario Kart.Are there any other games that people might recommend?

Blog Entries

Sonic Mania is a steal for only $20. Aside from some Home Button bugs, the game runs the same as it does on other devices.

Blog Entries

mania is tops yeah. knew it would be great the second i learned it was being developed by the guys that ported sonic cd to xbla. which is my favorite sonic thing ever. until maybe this

Best Buy's SNES Classic preorders got eaten alive last night. About 30 minutes after their stock ran out, Amazon put up a kinda sketch listing with no photo, but tons of people were confirming with reps that it was the actual, legitimate, official system.

So I took the risk and pre-ordered it. I should be getting it around Oct. 10.

Then this morning my phone texted me that GameStop's preorder page was up...tried to take gander a few seconds after I got it and the website wouldn't load, haha.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I was able to procure Sonic Mania through a funds transfer at the Nintendo Electronic Shop and this may just be the nostalgia talking seeing it takes me back to one of my birthdays I don't remember which one but it was definitely one of them where I was a small person and a relative gave me a gaming system,Sonic 1 & 2 as a present to celebrate the anniversary of me popping out of my mama's lady area but so far Sonic Mania is pretty great.

Blog Entries

Got lucky. Notification came that GameStop was doing in-store preorders right as I got off work so I raced to the nearest one. They were getting five, and I was number four. The cashier's phone was ringing off the hook, and people kept coming in to buy us off. But I did it! Picking it up on Sept 29th.

Still, the fact that it's this mind-numbingly frantic where retailer websites are crashing should be a huge signal to Nintendo that this "strategy" is just a shit way to treat customers. Online presales for Nintendo products shouldn't be a thing anymore. If they can't handle it, then stop giving into scalpers. Stop giving them the advantage. But they won't, so yknow whatever I got mine
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

got a preorder in at amazon too, woke up at about 4:30 am to pee and on a whim i decided to browse gaf for a bit, when I saw people talking about it. thank goodness for getting older and needing to urinate early in the morning.

still have my uk preorder in as well, not sure if I should cancel it or risk actually receiving it.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

45 minute Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3pm PT/ 6pm ET

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2017/
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

apparently there will be more production of both the snes and nes classic in 2018. lets see...
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Amazon recently cancelled the SNES Classic pre-orders for people outside of 48 contiguous states. First they said "cannot be shipped because of dangerous goods," then they admit "there was a backorder" (for which you still don't cancel a PREorder..) and then they say "the order was cancelled due to a system glitch."

All righty then. So a rep from Amazon called me yesterday in regards to my cancelled order and helped me re-order it off another sketchy looking page that will turn into the SNES Classic page. Looks like I am set again??

Blog Entries

They released a demo for Square's upcoming Project Octopath Traveler (working title) on the eShop. If you like the 16-bit RPGs, I highly recommend it. About 45 minutes into the dancer's path and it is excellent so far.

That HD-2D look is gorgeous and I'm mad Square-Enix already remade their earlier games a whole bunch because I'd soooo rather see those games in THIS style than 3D shorties runnin' around.

Blog Entries

got my snes classic, amazon isn't giving updates on when they plan to ship preorders so I decided to try my luck at the nearest Walmart. got there about 10:15, not too many people sitting by the televisions in line, and sat there and watched the bears/packers game on my phone. I was 13 in line and they had 24 available, time to cancel that amazon preorder.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Thread Information