Page 148 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 4487

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Really enjoying the new Zelda so far. I just have the Wii U version, but it's still good. It gives me a similar feeling as exploring Xenoblade X but I enjoy how minimalist this game is instead. I feel like I've gone barely anywhere in the story so far (been to 2 villages) because I keep getting distracted by some mountain or lake I want to explore.

Really loving how difficult the game is sometimes and the enemies can actually one-shot you. Feels like it's been forever since there were Zelda enemies that could actually seriously damage you.

How are you liking the Switch, @kupomog? Have you taken it to any rooftop parties yet or have you been just using it around the house?

So far only using it around the house. Yesterday I saw one of my acquaintances toting his around on the bus with the special edition Zelda case. We have the Mario case, but so far only take it from one room to another to play; very convenient and easy to handle even if it seems like a big handheld. No issues with wifi signal or anything; I have had one or two people ask me if I had problems with that. Thing is, we have a somewhat new and quite strong router because everyone in the house has devices to use so we needed that power. If I had the same router from 7 or whatever years ago, I think I would likely have connectivity issues on such new hardware. I needed to use two separate wifi extenders with the old router and with this new one I don't need any access points set up at all.

Set up of the system was quick and painless. Made three accounts, linked our IDs, and installed updates for the game within about 10 min or so and then we were playing the game. Joycons are neat but something I have to get used to. They feel nice in my hands, but I definitely have skill issues when it comes to joy con vs pro controller. I fall off crap way, way, way more when using them. They made screen capture easy as it's just a button on the controller you push whenever you wanna snap a pic and maybe share it, much like PS4 has the Share button.

Was able to play a bit more last night. I found the Old Man's camp where he taught me how to cook and hunt and whatnot. Playing this while also playing FFXV makes for control confusion. I switched my jump button, too. While trying to light a torch to cook food, I lit my Boko club on fire by accident. When trying to put it away, I hit attack instead of sheath. I happened to be in some tall grass while swinging the fiery club and yeah I accidentally started a brush fire and almost died in it while trying to cook a freaking apple.

Later on I found two bokoblins sleeping at night. Wanted to sneak up on them. Instead, rolled two big rocks down the cliff to crush them. Find a few more around the forest sleeping and did some Sneakstrikes on them. Then while trying to swim in a tiny pond to catch frogs and fish, as I exited the pond to recharge my stamina, I accidentally fell right back in and almost drowned on the spot if not for the tiny, tiny recharge that happened.

My favorite part of the game is probably just seeing somewhere in the distance and deciding "I want to go to there" and then I go to there. I probably die but I can still go there. I've spent perhaps a little too long out in the field with a sword just cutting grass and catching bugs/lizards, or climbing trees to find eggs. Hunting seems like something I would really get into considering the sneak mechanic works rather decently.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I'm not enjoying the new Zelda so far it doesn't do anything it just sits there.Hopefully my opinion changes when I finally get my switch.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I take back my comment on the new Zelda I picked up a switch today and I'm having an enjoyable experience so far.Can't wait till I play on a Ferris wheel.
    Last edited by Lou Bega Jr.; 03-09-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Blog Entries

there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Gerudos being back was one of the things I was excited for I don't get why Nintendo doesn't understand how to do queer characters or why they bother when it's just this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Dang that's disappointing but yeah, I guess not necessarily surprising given the company and country which is also annoying.

I haven't even gotten anywhere near that point yet but I know I'd be put off encountering it in the game if I didn't see it here first.

I'm at a point where I'm either playing Breath of the Wild or I'm thinking about what I'll explore next. It has been a very long time since a game has captivated me like this.

Blog Entries

sorry guys, but i'm just not captivated by this new zelda game. it truly is a beautiful game, and at first i thought it was fun roaming around the vast open world, but after a while i realized i was bored. i have to come to terms with myself, this game bores me. i'm not very far into the game admittedly, but right now this game feels like something i could easily see myself trading into gamestop once more games come out for the switch. this thing needs a mario game bad. would also love a racing game in the style of forza horizon 3.

don't regret my purchase of the switch though, even if the only major game for it right now is a game i don't really appreciate to the fullest. seriously this thing is cool as fuck, really neat machine. have played about a total of 2 minutes of it on the teevee, but that's what i love about it, it's your choice to play it on the big screen or to use it as a portable. already a much better machine than the wii u was, all it needs is the games. switch has a ton of potential, let's hope nintendo lets it live up to it.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Still playing Zelda and enjoying the hell out of it
    About to head to Zora's Domain in a perpetual storm.

We put the "puppy" looking joycon controller together and it's a perfect fit for Amy, so she runs around villages breaking pots and terrorizing villagers.

Yeah I don't play that many games so I can't really speak for anyone else, but I can tell you that, while I enjoyed it from the start, I found it got a lot funner as I got deeper into it and got better weapons/items and really understood what it was all about. I don't know how far you made it, but I'd say certainly if you're still on the plateau to at least push past that and get out into the wider world before writing it off

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

I haven't played a single Zelda game in my life. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm a PC gamer, which sucks since Breath of the Wind sounds like a fun one.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Switch friend code, for anyone who wants it.

SW-0443-0198-0621

Got my Switch in the mail Wednesday, w/ MK8D and Zelda. Got through all the cups in MK, now about to begin my weekend long plow of BOTW. Love this beautiful device.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

I keep forgetting that E3 is relatively soon (June 13th). A lot of eyes will be on Nintendo to deliver some key announcements for the Switch's first year. It will probably determine whether or not I do get the console eventually.

Blog Entries

Nintendo Playstation in action (Well, just barely)
    How to remaster

Super Bomberman R is pretty fun, definitely feels like a typical Bomberman game. So far not too much memorable music (apart from maybe 3 pieces so far) or levels, though. Not to make a Switch joke but it kinda feels like they just take the elevated map and switch a few items to match the planet "theme" and that's it. The planet can be seen below and the detail is actually quite nice, but it feels oddly sterile on the elevated map you play on. The maps themselves at least have ok design but it can be hard to tell levels from each other and such. May have to play with the fixed cam feature to see what feels better.

TBH I think part of the problem really is that it is Bomberman; the gameplay is simple and unless you really suck, you'll probably blow through the game like I'm doing right now over the course of just a weekend. Even if you end up killing yourself the whole time (I MAY have done that in one particular annoying world), you just spend some "gems" and continue on. I don't even know if you can properly Game Over because at some point game just says "you don't need to spend any more gems to continue playing this world." I'm only playing Story Mode right now which is all right but this game is definitely meant to highlight the potential multiplayer aspect of the system. It's easy to just have 2 people jump right in especially with the attachments for the joy cons that turn them into separate full controllers.

While I like this game because I generally like Bomberman, I would definitely tell anyone on the fence in any way to just wait until it's cheaper. It's pretty short and unless you like to do multiplayer, you'll be done with Story Mode quick as it isn't hard unless you bump up the difficulty. On the plus side, it's the easiest thing in the world to just fire this up and jump into a match.

Blog Entries

That sounds awesome, @kupomog. It feels like the game could be really great for portable multplayer games, with the two JoyCons and all. The idea of having a multiplayer game of Bomberman in your pocket is really appealing. Have you gotten to play the local multiplayer yet?

I am a part-time squid, so I am waiting until Splatoon 2 in July to get a Switch, but am jealous of those who already have one. Hopefully in July they won't be a total nightmare to find. I'm kinda sick of Mario Kart 8 so I don't know if I want to get the deluxe version, but everyone is talking about how good it is portable, it is going to be tempting...

Blog Entries

MK8 Deluxe would only be worth it in a bundle I think. Apparently that is/will be a thing so that's a good start.

I do wish they had simply done an entirely new game instead, but I guess since the Wii U is an unusual failure, it's dandy to give new buyers the chance to play MK8. I am sure they'll do a new Mario Kart eventually down the road, especially with their handheld and console markets combining for this generation.

Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/_5x1yL2kGT0

Well this was certainly unexpected.
    Not sure if I like this feature or not. But the young Sonic fanbase is going to have a field day.
    Last edited by Corgify; 05-16-2017 at 08:51 AM.

While this system for sure needs more games, the portability of the system has been a bit of a life saver recently. I've had to do a LOT of long, annoying waits at places including yesterday at the doctor for over an hour. Breaking out the Switch is so damn relaxing when I have no mobile service devices outside of wifi. I haven't had my own handheld in a long time, too. Finished a few quests and shrines while waiting at doctor and it felt great.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

ive only had my switch in its dock for a total of like three minutes, just to see what it's like. prefer the portable aspect of it.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

I much prefer playing on the TV using the Pro Controller but I've gotten used to the feel of the Joycons. I just need to keep my nails trimmed because they will dig into the rubber otherwise.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At home I try to play it on TV when I can (gotta get dem 1080p graphics), but usually end up portable anyway and snuggle with it in bed.

Loving being able to carry an HD portable around town. Have a sweet Shiekah Eye case and can just the freedom to break out something this much stronger than the 3DS between classes is awesome.

Yet to have the need for a Pro Controller, honestly do really like the feeling of the joy cons. Maybe when something more competitive like Smash Bros comes out...

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Just caught a 11% off open box offer on the Switch and had to buy it. Best games so far?

I haven't played a Zelda ever, or Mario Kart since the original DS, so tied between the two. MK8 is cheaper on Amazon than Zelda as of today, which is odd as it's newer? Whichever I get I'd want to finish it before forking out for something new; will probably sell the non-multiplayer games upon completion just because. Haven't played the original Splatoon but I will be getting the new one when it's out as that was the one game I nearly bought the Wii U for.

My friend says Wonder Boy/Girl: The Dragon's Trap is excellent, and Shovel Knight also very good.

But what do you guys think? Start with a downloadable game on Day 1 I can get a good deal on immediately, or a physical copy game that I'd have to get off my ass and pick up at full price because it's so damn good?
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is great.

Zelda might be a little bit of a trial to "figure out" if you've never experienced one before but frankly I would still say go for it. MK8 still a good purchase if you haven't played them recently.

TBH I would just go with what's cheaper, haha.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Bought MK8 in CeX along with a PSP memory card and three games: Medal of Honor, Monster Hunter and Tekken which were all hella cheap. Then got home and found that the company I ordered from (a well known UK supermarket) had fucked up my next day delivery by typing my zip code THREE CHARACTERS WRONG. It was on their eBay outlet store. They could have just printed a label like we used to do at my old job. SMH. I'll be lucky to get it tomorrow now! It's like I KNEW when I bought the PSP stuff that I'd end up waiting.

Blog Entries

It's on! PM me friend codes. I have Mario Kart already.

Blog Entries

So Nintendo's land at Universal got more video/announcements: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...d-video-2017-6

Missing here is further announcements that confirmed a Mario Kart attraction ("world's most advanced tech" equals ARG elements laced over a real life setting as multiple racers drift thru a Bowser's Castle setting) and Switch accessibility. The Japan land will open in 2020 before the Tokyo Olympics. California and Florida will most likely follow in summer of 2021.

All three will include the Mario Kart ride, and most likely also a (rumored) Yoshi dark boat ride. (soon to be @Jims' favorite ride) Florida will have an exclusive (for now): a (rumored) Donkey Kong mine cart coaster. After this, it's possible that Nintendo and Universal will build lands based on Zelda and maybe explore picking up the rest of the Pokémon IP. Exciting stuff!

Blog Entries

I can't believe this is a game that actually exists and is going to be released, I mean I heard about the kickstarter to fund it years ago, but I thought it was just another video game kickstarter scam...
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 06-18-2017 at 09:00 PM.

SNES Classic news is making me actively angry. I want to throw sand at Nintendo just because I'm still mad about NES Classic.

Thread Information