Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 4487

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Super Mario Odyssey totally stole the show for me. It looks FANTASTIC. As much as I adore the Galaxy games, they were very linear and didn't allow a whole lot of exploration. The idea of having a Mario game with Galaxy's scope, the freedom of 64 and Sunshine, and pretty HD graphics makes me salivate. It was definitely funny to see Mario in a city along with ... I guess you could say "real people"? I read one comment somewhere that basically said the whole game looks awful because that one little detail reminded him of Sonic 2006. Lol, mkay.

And of course, Zelda. When they kept teasing the release date at the end I was like "fuck, just TELL ME THE DATE JESUS" and was so sure it was gonna be summer or fall, but then "3.3.2017" came up I literally shouted "YES" out loud. It's a huge relief after all of the rumors of it not being a launch title (which almost makes me wonder in retrospect if Nintendo intentionally let out fake leaks just to drum up excitement). The fact I'll be PLAYING THE NEW ZELDA exactly seven weeks from now blows my mind, and I cannot fucking wait!

On a side note, I guess they're still releasing the Wii U version on the same date. They never even breathed a word about the Wii U version, as if it's being swept under the rug. I'll still keep my preorder for it just because, but I'll probably play the Switch version first like I did with Twilight Princess.

When they first revealed 1, 2 Switch with the western dudes, did anyone else think they were showing off a new version of Wild Gunman? Anyway, the game looks cute I guess, but I was kind of scratching my head during the presentation. It seems like something you don't even really need a game console for. You could probably do the same thing with a $3 cell phone game. But I'm sure there's more to it than they showed last night.

I still have some questions about the Switch itself, though I'm still excited for it. My main questions are:
    * Can you re-download previous Virtual Console/Eshop purchases for free?
    * Will it have the same VC/Eshop library as the Wii, Wii U, AND 3DS? It seems reasonable, seeing as this is a hybrid console.
    * Wouldn't mind knowing the specs
    * Achievement/trophy system?
    * What's the online service like?

I'm happy that it uses cartridges instead of discs. As long as they aren't sacrificing any storage space, it's cool with me. Plus cartridges are cool, more durable, and they reduce load times. Another good bit of news is that the system comes with 32GB of storage (which isn't AWFUL), but you can expand it with SD cards. So much easier than my stupid shitty 8GB Wii U that I have to attach an external hard drive to just to play Smash Bros. with DLC. Sucks that it'll be the first Nintendo system since the Gamecube without any backwards compatibility whatsoever. But I guess that's the cost of changing mediums.

At the very least, I do think they're marketing this way better than they did Wii U. For one thing, at least it's clearly a NEW CONSOLE.

Blog Entries

I'll wait until SMO is released (because that game looks awesome), but I'm excited for the switch either way. Looks fun

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It was definitely funny to see Mario in a city along with ... I guess you could say "real people"? I read one comment somewhere that basically said the whole game looks awful because that one little detail reminded him of Sonic 2006. Lol, mkay.
    That person is being absurd AF buuuut I get what they mean in a sense. It just really does look off, but hardly "awful!" TBH it reminds me of some kid's show Amy watches. Doesn't mean I'm NOT gonna get it, though. You ever have those fanboy friends who lose their fucking mind when you aren't blowing your load over literally everything shown and dare to criticize something? I've already dealt with one -_-

The funniest thing to me is they actually announced Skyrim, something I was actually was like "that would be kinda neat if they pulled that shit off" and now they're trying and I'm like "Skyrim what? look at that fucking zelda!!"
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

They didnt announce any decent VC details or my assumed "connect to the Internet, get a boost in power" theory so I'm just sitting over here like "yep new Zelda Mario xenoblade and Wii u ports. Saw all that coming"

Blog Entries

Super Mario Odyssey looks absolutely amazing, if I ever get a Switch, that'll be the first game I'll pick up, it looks beautiful. Though when I first saw the sight of Mario running around in a realistic city with realistic people, the first thing that popped into my head was that it reminded of an HD version of Mario is Missing. Also, Bowser's suit and hat look amazing.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks it'll also be amazing, but I was actually pretty stunned to hear actual voice acting in a Zelda game. It actually took me a while to realize that the voices in the trailer were actually the characters in the game talking and not just narration.

I guess Hyrule Warriors was a big hit, because now we have Fire Emblem Warriors. My only hope is that they don't just fill the roster with only characters from the original game, Awakening, and Fates.

Was anyone else surprised to hear about a new Bomberman game coming? I mean, I sure was. I thought that series was dead, since nobody ever really talks about it anymore. The last time I heard any serious discussion on it was when they made that dark and gritty reboot of it a couple of years ago that everyone hated.

Arms looks weird, but I think it might be a fun game. My hope is that Little Mac will show up as a guest character in it. I mean, it looks boxing but with robot arms, and it would be a shame if he wasn't in it.

The biggest shock for me was the announcement of another Street Fighter II remake. I guess Capcom is determined to prove that you really can milk an entire game for literally decades, as now we have a remake of a remake of a remake of an old SNES fighting game. It does look like a good port though. Plus now we get two more characters added: Evil Ryu and, of all people, Violent Ken, who was originally from one of those old SNK vs Capcom crossover fighting games they used to a lot of back in the day that nobody really remembers or cares about now. I totally don't buy the whole "The Final Challengers" subtitle, I'm sure in five years from now, we'll get another SFII remake for the new Xbox and PlayStation systems.

Blog Entries

The further I get away from the conference, the more I wonder if Nintendo really knows what they really want to do with Switch.

The stuff with the Joycons and 1-2 Switch and even ARMS makes me think they want to make a play for the casual audience and try to re-capture some of that Wii launch magic. But at the same time, $299.99 isn't that friendly a price for a mainstream audience. And it doesn't come bundled with a game either, so anyone who thinks 1-2 Switch looks like party fun has to drop $360 for that experience. I don't understand, if Nintendo is still interested in this kind of mindshare, why they didn't just bundle 1-2 Switch with the console itself. It's a collection of mini-games. Who is really that excited to drop $60 on a collection of minigames? It's 2017. I could see myself enjoying the game on occasion (seems like a great drunk game) but no way at a retail price. No way.

What I'm left with is just that it's another Wii U with way more portability and some local multi-player aspects with the Joycons. I love my Wii U but that stuff isn't as exciting for me anymore. I'm not going to play Mario Kart 8 Switch, why would I? There aren't any new tracks, the game isn't being developed with me in mind. The sequels, I'll definitely play, but they're still sequels. I'm more intrigued about ARMS, actually, as everyone who has demo'd it has walked away with really strong impressions.

I dunno. It felt like Nintendo really needed to hit a home run here and I'm left kinda puzzled at what their strategy is. I don't understand why any core gamer who skipped Wii U would be really over the moon interested in Switch. Maybe the whole world will suddenly decide they really want this kind of hybrid gaming setup, I just kinda doubt it.

(Maybe I've read too much GAF today.)

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i wanna check out odyssey but i don't know if i want to drop whatever the AUD equivalent of $300 is

plus i think it's a scam that u can't charge ur switch pad thingy while it's in kickstand mode without paying a further $20 or however much it was for a stand so u can charge it while it's resting on a table

everything about this seems like it was designed so youd have to buy more plastic overpriced products for the sake of buying more plastic overpriced products
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

I just read this:

Nintendo Switch online service's 'free' monthly games come with a huge catch

Monthly game download
    Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.
    If you are familiar with how the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 offerings go, you’d be forgiven for reading that as if you had a month to add a specific game to your library and then, so long as you remain a subscriber to Nintendo’s paid online service, you have access to those “free” games. For Xbox One, the backward compatible Xbox 360 games are actually yours to own ... forever. But on Nintendo Switch, it means you have a month to play the game and then it’s no longer available, you’d need to buy it to continue playing.
    I am incredibly unhappy about it. Like I went from to in an instant.

Blog Entries

Yeah. Hoping this gets enough bad press and enough people complain about it that they will change their plans before the rollout. People are already dubious that Nintendo can build an online network comparable to Xbox Live that is worth a subscription, this kind of thing makes it even less of a value proposition. Nintendo still seems to be under this delusion that people are still in love with buying a Super Mario World ROM for the 3rd or 4th time. These kinds of things are supposed to be perks that bring in core gamers, not some huge revenue stream.

(The idea of online Tetris Attack sounds amazing, though.)

I wouldn't mind spending $20/month for Nintendo online services if it included a Netflix-style subscription to their back catalog (maybe excluding the 3DS and Wii U).

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

caught up on this stuff.

up for mario odyssey and splatoon 2 obvs. although slightly concerned on whether they've added enough to latter. i am a person who loved and still loves the goofy wii sports, resort, nintendo land stuff so am up for 1-2 switch and arms. xenoblade 2 and zelda will be good if i can find time/energy to dedicate to them.

weird lil highlight for me from the bits of the treehouse stream i caught up on was snipperclips. looks aces.

disappointed that there is no properly new mario kart instead of just a deluxe version and that you have to pay for online but it looks cool and i will end up picking one up eventually.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Yeah, Switch doesn't seem to be a very digital download friendly system. The games on carts will obviously save a lot of space on the system, but any downloads, updates, and DLC is going to seriously cut into the thing. Kinda feels like Nintendo is nickel and diming its fans again, basically making them buy the extra storage. I guess with the screen and JoyCon tech, they couldn't make it the costs work? I dunno. It's pretty disappointing.

Am thinking about just doing Zelda on Wii U and getting the Switch in the summer when Splatoon drops. I ended up doing Twilight Princess on Gamecube back in the day... There doesn't seem to be a huge rush to jump over to the new platform. Maybe if ARMS turns out really great, I'll give in.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what to make of ARMS yet. Hopefully another batch of news will drop and give us more details about it. It certainly looks fun but think it could get a bit stale from first impressions.

Pretty much feeling how Jims is on this right now. I saw "32 GB" initially and was like "well that's ok if I just don't download a lot...because downloads currently are large in size." and people kept pressing the cartridge thing saving space so I was like OK I will give it a chance jeez. Then they announce the game I want and considered maybe not buying on disc (just because it's possible) is gonna be half the space of the system. Yikes. It's just a good thing that SD cards are relatively affordable nowadays.

Since the Wii U won't be getting much support from now on and I failed on getting that Classic for my kid, I was hoping the Switch would be something we could all enjoy together the way we do Wii U, except with ACTUAL VC downloads being available to us again. But man that's a lot of downloading to do and a lot of space to use up. And it would also be probably the billionth purchase of certain games yet again which is sorta sickening!

That said, thanks to Christmas, we had gift card and used it on the Switch deposit while we could. Pre-ordered the Zelda game, as well. Pro Controller not available for pre-order at my store and it was really the only thing we cared about getting. Employee stressed how important it is to at least get your foot in the door on those accessories with pre-orders due to stock concerns but eh. I'll deal with it as long as I have the system and the game. And if anything, at least we can just slowly fill out the Wii U library as we go with whatever is left to get.

Blog Entries

there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

....fucking what. The main reason we didn't pre-order the fuckass charger was because we were told All That Shit comes with the system so I "don't have to worry." With the way we use our systems, we really NEED that charger.

Ugh I just want the Pro Controller. Just give me that, please. I can't even pre-order the stupid thing yet.

Blog Entries

So, if you ignore the rather solid and ground-breaking innovation, Nintendo's hardware department still has no clue of what it is doing.

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

don't the joycons have like 20 hour battery lives? are people playing longer than 20 hours in one sitting??? like i'm bothered about built in storage, that's poor. genuinely don't get complaint about charger though.

also i've been playing resi revs again on 3ds and i would buy a resi revs 1 + 2 switch collection if anyone is taking niche requests

I'm mad because I was told it was included and it wasn't. I don't want to have to pay the price of a game for all my accessories.

We have nothing to announce at this time.

Nintendo Answers (And Avoids) Our Switch Questions

I plan to eat up all my storage with endless screenshots.

Blog Entries

Was reading the kerfuffle about Reggie saying that the smartphone app is going to handle the voice chat and creating online lobbies with friends. Really really hate the way Nintendo is handing the online with this thing. I get the idea of putting that kind of functionality on a smartphone, but that kind of stuff feels like a luxury you're supposed to add onto the original console's features. It shouldn't be a substitute for something consoles have been doing for over a decade now.

The smartphone apps obviously isn't going to be everything related to online, otherwise a game like Splatoon 2 doesn't make sense. Splatoon 2 has to at least have the matchmaking system that the Wii U version had. Otherwise you can't buy the game without a smartphone. But people already use Discord for voice chat for that game, and nobody likes that. What they're suggesting about the new system (and calling a FEATURE) is just what everyone has begrudingly been doing anyway for Wii U because they didn't have another option. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see it, but it sounds incredibly dumb and backwards.

Blog Entries

It feels like they don't want to invest the time and money into building a modern online service, so they went for the cheaper and gimmicky approach. I really do not want to use my phone as what is essentially a hidden add-on to the system.

On the plus side, they announced that VC games will be tied to your account instead of the console, which honestly, is about time. That should have been the case two generations ago.

Huh I did not realize the Switch was so freaking small. It really is just a big handheld, far more portable than I expected.

Blog Entries

been to a few stores in the last few days, including a navy exchange, and haven't seen the switch in stock at all(i mentioned the navy exchange because they often have things in stock that regular stores don't; i bought my xbox one s at an exchange during a time when they were scarce at regular retailers). i don't really care because i'm not keen on owning one right now, but i am curious about it, mainly i'm disappointed there are no display models that i can mess around with. haven't been to a gamestop yet, so i was thinking about hitting up the closest one in the morning and seeing if they have a display i can fiddle around with.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Went to a Gamestop yesterday, and they said the Switch was completely sold out at every store in California. Glad to hear the system is selling well so far at least. Not getting one until the end of the month (birthday :P), so stock should be fine by then.

Have yet to see a Switch display anywhere yet sadly, though that could just be the area over here.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Here's my Friend Code because this Friend Code shit still exists

5940-4962-8401

new Zelda is wonderful so far and seems to have a decent learning curve. It's a bit difficult early on and you just sorta figure things out on your own. I have died a lot. One instance involved activating the first tower and my daughter repeatedly saying "DON'T FALL! Make sure you don't fall off da tower." and then I fell because I just walked right off before hitting the button to "Climb down."

The portability of the screen + joycons is really neat and actually convenient for us. I think part of the reason I fell was because the controls are not as smooth as with the Pro Controller which I love. Feels nice in my hands, button placement is good, button sensitivity works nicely.

Oh and I dig the screen capture feature/Nintendo Switch Share.

Can't wait for this shit to happen to me

http://kotaku.com/legend-of-zelda-br...eir-1793006745

Ugh whole thing is amazing.

SHOUTOUT to Shrine Oman Au at the end of those gifs, surely meant to sound like "oh man, ow" at the death suffered in the article.

Blog Entries

I picked up Zelda for the Wii U and spent some time wandered around, cooking and finishing two shrines. These things are scary:

Oh god, yeah they scare the shit out of Amy. She runs out of the room. When I started my game up, she had already sat through a bunch with her dad so she kept warning me about the robots in the beginning of the game leading up to the temple.

Thread Information