Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 4487

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Doubt Hawaii even stands a chance or matters w/ Amazon but good luck
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

you guys

super mario run

add plz

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4683-7831-4229
    add me yo
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

I've only played it for about two minutes but it bugs me you can't play it in landscape. Unless I'm missing something. Not sure if I'm gonna spend the ten bucks to unlock the whole game yet.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

yeah neither, i wanna see if i come back to it after a week

Blog Entries

Nabbed an NES classic today via Prime Now. Hit Vegas and I immediately got one. Coming to me later this afternoon.

So lucky

Blog Entries

Played with it a bit. It really is a simple, cute little toy that got thrown into its own insane coveted value by Nintendo's ineptitude for modern business practices, which manages to sour the experience a bit. Like, "was this really worth it?"

But that removed it's a fun throwback just as promised. I like the different filters and the plug-and-play nature of it. The menu is slightly unpolished for an official Nintendo product, but that's a minor complaint. One annoying thing is that to change games you have to press reset on the console itself instead of a button combo. It's an element to contribute to the retro nature, but it's kinda annoying.

The actual games themselves are the games. Not much else to say there. Fun stuff.

Blog Entries

My older sister absolutely killed it this year on my Christmas present. She knew I was looking for more things to hang on my walls, she knew I liked old school Nintendo, and she loves doing needlepoint...

Just blown away by it. One of the coolest and most unexpected presents I've ever gotten. Needlepoint works really well with pixel art... It looks really gorgeous in person. I can't imagine how boring doing all of those identical bushes must have been.

Blog Entries

that is so fucking cool dude
    ur sisters got a real talent : )

Blog Entries

Yeah, she did a fantastic job. It's just beautiful to look at. Can't wait to hang it up on my wall.

She told me jokingly that she spent a lot of evening just watching Netflix or Game of Thrones or something after the kids went to bed working on that thing. She likes doing it to unwind after a busy day. She said she was looking around online for a Pokemon one for her son and came across a pattern someone created for World 1 and immediately thought of me. I had no idea people created cross-stitch patterns for this kind of thing. She made a Hogwarts Coat of Arms one for my younger sister as well. She is a really busy cross-stitcher.

Blog Entries

holy shit that's awesome

Blog Entries

So tomorrow is the Nintendo Switch Direct. Hoping to see more of its capabilities and features being improved. Hopefully all to a modern standard.

Aside from that, which games they'll showcase and any updates to existing Wii U titles who are getting ports (Smash, Kart and Splatoon). Nintendo's official YouTube channel will broadcast a stream at 11pm EST.

The one night I finish work at 11pm!!!

One of my friends is peddlin' this shit around. 'd so hard when I got to Ice Climbers

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie, Ryan

Blog Entries

ok to be fair to the Mario Party one, I wouldn't be surprised.

I've been playing through the Wind Waker HD for the first time and it's fantastic. The color palette is so vibrant and it's such a contrast to the more mellow or dark palettes of Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. The world feels vast and open when islands appear on the horizon on the Great Sea. I recently obtained the fire and ice arrows so I've been backpedaling to previous islands and dungeons to access extra rooms.

Does anyone have any game recommendations after the Wind Waker? During the last year I've also played and loved Super Mario Galaxy, Pikmin 3, and Banjo-Kazooie.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nintendo switch conference now.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

The Switch reveal was cool. It was interesting that they led with a lot of the more Wii-era motion control stuff. It seems like Nintendo is really interested in trying to recapture some of that mainstream hype with social gaming experiences. Don't know how I feel about that ARMS thing so far. It looks goofy as hell, but I'm one of the weirdos who adored Wii Boxing, so maybe it would be up my alley. That and the 1-2 Switch thing didn't appeal to me as much.

Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 definitely do, though. Those announcements were just pandering to me, at that point. Was kind of expecting half-ports of both series, so seeing real sequels is kind of surprising. The new 3-D Mario looks cool and all but am really interested in those other two. Seems like they're not just straight-up adding new stuff to Splatoon 2, but are modifying how the existing weapon classes work (the roller that strikes like a sword now). The Xenoblade game doesn't actually look that great graphically... The art style doesn't do a lot for me. But it seems like they're interested in going back to the original Xenoblade style and not revisiting what they tried in X.

It was interesting they didn't really elaborate on the stuff that they seem to be doing enhanced remakes for. No official trailer or anything for Mario Kart and Smash was conspicuously absent. When they went through their sizzle reel of third party content, it seems like there was a lot of stuff they didn't really touch on at all (Sonic, Bomberman, etc.). A lot of stuff that people just kinda know about in the background that they didn't comment on.

The whole rumble technology sounded kind of crazy. Can you really feel the difference like you're holding a glass with ice cubes in it? What will that be like?

(The $299.99 price tag sucks. Especially since it probably doesn't come with a game.)

Zelda looks great. I don't usually buy consoles at launch, but it's kind of tempting. Will probably just wait until the summer for Splatoon, but we'll see.

Blog Entries

man those first 25 minutes were fucking painful. but once they started showing actual games it became decent, Mario and Zelda looks fucking amazing and Splatoon 2 looks good, never played the first though. the 300$ price tag is a bit steep for what is only a marginal step up from the wii u but oh well, i got a gift card that will take care of the first 150$ so not much of a loss for me. but fuck, the 2.5 - 6 hour battery life is going to brutal for people who whose use this mainly as a mobile system, not me though and it being region free is nice. I am disappointed in the fact that starting late this year online will be a paid subscription, it looks like it will be similar to psn and xbla in that you get free NES and SNES games, the SNES games will apparently have newly added online play which sounds pretty cool. also maybe i missed it when i grabbed some water but i didn't see the trailer for mario kart 8 deluxe, which is now up on the ytube page.

oh and botw has a neat collectors edition and we get to see what the switch boxes look like too.

Blog Entries

It was kinda painful listening to that one NOA employee guy do the voiceover for a couple of the guests. The whole presentation was obvious scripted from start-to-finish, so Nintendo of America had the entire English script in advance. But that one guy didn't seem to know where to read each of the lines and got behind. I feel kinda bad for the guy since he was doing the voiceover live with so many watching at home, but it was pretty awkward. That Suda51 guy's segment fell really flat because of the voiceover.

EDIT: I'm hearing things about Suda not speaking very concisely so maybe the NOA guy was translating as he went? It just seems weird to me if they didn't have the whole thing mapped out in advance. The voiceover wasn't laggy enough for it to not have been scripted. Maybe Suda just went all over the place.

Blog Entries

The console looks slick and well-designed. The joy-cons do look a bit small and awkward to hold as a standalone but that's merely a first impression without actually experiencing it. The wired local multiplayer is definitely neat, as well as the camera integration on the controller.

I guess my gripes would be that the battery life is bad and if they are going to have a paid online service they better up their game in that area.

Game-wise, it was definitely great to see a lot of third party supporter after the Wii U's struggles in that regard. Mario Odyssey looks grand, Breath of the Wild does look stacked and action-packed which eases my concerns a bit about the vast open world they are planning. Xenoblade 2 gave me wood.

Kind of surprised they did not elaborate on Mario Kart. Is it a port or a sequel? Interestingly ambiguous about it. No Smash news was a surprise.

Overall, a solid presentation. I am not sold on it yet but it looks like a step up from the Wii U already.

I want to be excited but I'm huffy about the Classic and other past annoyances.

Eh I'm excited~

Not about the online, though; that sucks.

Blog Entries

list of games and release dates as of now:

March 2017
    Has Been Heroes
    Just Dance 2017
    Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!
    Super Bomberman R
    Zelda: BotW (+Special/Master editions)

April 28, 2017
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Spring 2017
    Arms

Summer 2017
    Splatoon 2

Fall 2017
    Skyrim

Holiday 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey

Project Sonic 2017
    NBA 2k18
    Lego City Undercover
    Sonic Mania
    I Am Setsuna

TBD
    1, 2, Switch
    Arcade Archives
    FIFA
    Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
    Disgaea 5 Complete
    Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
    Farming Simulator
    Fast RMX (that F-zero lookalike from the sizzle)
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
    Minecraft
    Puyopuyo Tetris
    Rayman Legends Definitive edition
    Rime
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Skylanders Imaginators
    Siberia 3
    Steep

not sold on it yet tbh, only game that really excited me was mario. wish i could say zelda excited me, but i can't. still think the actual console and it's concept are pretty cool though.

Blog Entries

Did they not confirm 1, 2 Switch as a launch title?

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Website has it listed as a launch title, yes.

Weird not seeing them mention more about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, gonna guess still it'll be a port + DLC's, and maybe an additional 8 courses/1-2 characters added in at most.

Presentation started out kinda slow, definitely problems had with the bored/tired voiceovers, but it picked up considerably when games were being introduced, Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors especially pumping me, oh and that fantastic Zelda closer.

Definitely getting one the month it releases, if not for birthday, will get during spring break.
    Last edited by 1010011010; 01-12-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries

i don't get the 1,2 switch thing at all, don't see why you'd spend hundreds of dollars on a video game system to play that. it seems like it should be a $20 stand alone toy or something.

Blog Entries

Yeah I agree, they are trying to appeal to the Wii Sports crowd but at least that game had some depth in it. This seems like something you'd try once at best and then never again. How will they keep the replay value?

I'm not a fan of Splatoon, but Zelda and Xenoblade looked great. The realistic city in Mario looked very strange.

Yeah, Mario in that city did look pretty strange. Something I would have to grow into. But naturally Mario and Zelda were the only things I really came away caring about (I haven't played Splatoon so it's nothing to me right now). Might consider a pre-order only because we have Xmas gift cards to put into action that'll chop away at the price right off the bat. The only thing that really got me going was Zelda, kinda sad to say. Kinda happy they care about Bomberman.

Blog Entries

When I first saw it I thought they finally pulled a SEGA at first.

Thread Information