Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 4487

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

stockholm syndrome at its finest

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Found a copy of Sin & Punishment on N64 for a shockingly reasonable price and snatched it up (since my birthday is coming up I'm treating it like my present, basically). Never realized that all you had to do to play Japanese imports on that system is to use a Gameshark or replace the back cover of the cartridge with one from an American game. No expensive console dismantling and modding required, since it's inexplicably lacking the region lockout software that practically every other video game system in history has. It's supposed to be fantastic, and I have no plans to get a Wii just to play it on Virtual Console, and besides, this is sort of a collector's item, so I'm glad to have it.
    Last edited by LosTickaToeRest; 10-22-2016 at 05:21 AM.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

"shenmu" tho
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Shenmu[e] 3? I didn't realize they were getting that. Now I'm intrigued. The first one was amazing and I seriously regret selling my Dreamcast copy. Still got my Shenmue 2 Xbox copy though. I've got really happy memories of spending a whole snowed-in long weekend straight through beating Shenmue 2 with little sleep and lots of caffeine.

Alright Nintendo, you've got my attention.

Haha well let's hope they really do get it ;p

If they got any of these I would probably repurchase just to see what any differences are like. KH will always stack up on PS systems for me. I like it that way~

Blog Entries

Wow, that was quick. The NES wasn't discontinued in the US (and didn't stop getting games) until the N64 was out, 10 years after the NES was released, and it wasn't discontinued in Japan until 2003, a full 20 years after it came out there. The SNES was still in production and still getting games in Japan until a few months before the Gamecube came out. Discontinuing the thing 5 years after release seems just a little hasty by their standards. Then again, all of Nintendo's post-Gamecube consoles have kind of run together for me and seem too similar to be that much of a step up.

Blog Entries

The beginning of the end for the Wii U.

Never had a Wii U, and now that Super Mario Maker is coming to 3DS, I don't have a reason to really get one, besides VC. I reckon I can survive... hopefully.
    Insert signature here

Blog Entries

The NES Classic Edition is out.

Of course, there's a lot of one-star reviews because Amazon sold out. Most of those are complaints directed at Nintendo/Amazon/the inevitable scalpers. Some of them act like it's the end of the world, that they couldn't order it the second/day it came out. I mean, the unavailable-ness will probably cool down sooner than you might think.

Blog Entries

the hype for that thing is hilariously overblown. never saw anyone shit their pants over the sega genesis 30 games in one thing, which was actually technically a functioning genesis with a cartridge slot too, unlike this

Pretty tired of people telling me to just go emulate. It's not at all the point of my trying to get one.

And it figures Nintendo wouldn't stock even close to enough the first go around. That's just how they do.

Blog Entries

this the most bizarre thing for people to be going nuts and scalping, I mean it's msrp is only 60 bux and it's not like it's limited or anything

also lol, I bet this things already selling better then the Wii U

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Pretty tired of people telling me to just go emulate. It's not at all the point of my trying to get one.

And it figures Nintendo wouldn't stock even close to enough the first go around. That's just how they do.
    Yeah, how could they not know that they were going to sell a ton of these things? They have literally nothing else going on this holiday season (except for Pokemon on 3DS), I figured this was their desperate revenue ploy before the Switch. I get being nervous about overstocking, but they had to have known our nostalgia monster generation would eat this shit up.

Will probably get one eventually, but it's not worth waiting in lines or paying scalper money for me. Would like to ask for one for Christmas, but starting to doubt that will be realistic.

Blog Entries

yeah it's nuts, people were lining up for this like it was a $50 black friday tv. i would love one of these, but it this rate i'll only get it if i stumble upon it while i'm out and about, i'm not willing to stand in line for one. i already have two functioning original nes consoles and more than half of those games on cartridge (plus a ton of better games that aren't and likely will never be on one of these things), i could live without it.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

Well, we all knew the end of the Wii U was coming sooner or later. No matter how hard Nintendo tried, the Wii U never became the big hit they were hoping it would be. It probably didn't help that the Wii U's initial library of games was pretty poor. Sure it got some pretty good games later on, but by then, it was too little, too late. Hopefully Nintendo does a better job with the Switch.

Maybe its because I was born way after the NES came and went, and thus I have no special attachment to it at all, but I really don't get why everyone is freaking out over the NES recreation thing. Its just a bunch of old NES games that have already been played and re-released a dozen times on other systems before. I guess maybe its because of the nostalgia of having a recreated NES to play with?

I mean yeah, it's Nintendo. Obviously nostalgia.

I would love to watch my kid open one of these things on Christmas knowing she would absolutely love it vs. me going to storage, finding a working NES + all the games, cleaning it, cleaning up our room which we basically live in, setting it up to our HDTV, making sure the games work...etc etc. The NES Classic is Easy Mode and I'm legitimately frustrated with people who can't just let others want it for whatever their reasons are. Not for $500 or some nonsense, obviously; that right there is just stupid and those people are clearly uninformed and in a panic. But for me it's the same with the Sega Genesis consoles packed with all the games. I could get the console with All That Shit built in for easy plug and play, or I could go through all the unnecessary hassle of proving I still own all the original crap. There just isn't enough room in our room or Amy's to be setting up every single console we own. That's why I LOVE backwards compatibility.

I've had to explain this like 5 times this weekend and it's distressing.

Blog Entries

No, I get your reasoning now of why you'd want an NES Classic, and the appeal behind backwards compatibility as well. It's actually the reason why I wasn't interested in buying an Xbox One or a PS4 for the longest time, I didn't like that I wouldn't be able to play my games from the older consoles on it. It's only now that their actually now adding the ability to let you play older games on it that I'm actually considering getting one (as well as the fact that now they have some games I would actually want to play on those consoles). Although its annoying that the PS4's ability to play older PS2 games is much more limited then the Xbox One with 360 games.

It's why I stayed with an Xbox 360 for so many years actually, because I could still play most of my original Xbox games and I wouldn't have to get rid of them. I lost all interest in the PS3 for years when I found out they took out the ability to emulate PS2 games. Even now, I still think it's really annoying they never put that back in the PS3, but at least it can still play PS1 games, which is a plus in my book.

Blog Entries

I picked up Dragonball Fusions for 3DS recently. It's the first 3DS game I've bought in a long time, and I have to say, it's a lot of fun. It's basically an RPG with DBZ characters in it, where you gather a team of characters and have them fight against teams of enemies. It's almost like a Pokémon game at times, as you have to travel across the world finding various characters and getting them to join your team (though mostly it's with the OC's, the official characters are unlocked though side quests), and then only have a limited number of moves that they can know at any one time. Following the trend of other recent DBZ games, you play as your original character that you create and customize, and meet and team-up with various other DB characters from across the franchise to compete in a tournament. The best part of the game is just how much stuff from the franchise is in here, not just the typical DBZ stuff, but characters from the original DB, to Super, to even GT and the non-canon movies are here, and there's even some obscure characters, like Goku's mother Gine as a playable fighter. As a longtime fan, there's something really fun about seeing characters from different timelines freely interact with each other, such as Kid Goku with...well, anyone really. The titular "fusion" comes in three different ways during gameplay: the classic Fusion Dance from the series, where two characters fuse into one being during the middle of a match and become a powerful being for a short time (only a few characters can do the Fusion Dance though), EX Fusion, where two characters can fuse permanently before a match for as long as you want (and your custom character can fuse with anyone), and Ultra Fusion, where five people become one for 20 seconds and try and do as much damage as possible. It's a pretty solid game so far, and I think anyone tries it out would like it, and I have had no problems with it.

...Except for the weird censorship where they took out all the swords for the western release. Seriously. They even took out Future Trunks iconic sword too. All the swords in the game have been replaced with sticks, except the attacks using them still have "sword" in the name. They've always kept the sword, why did they take it out? Were they afraid that they would get the T-rating bumped to an M-rating if they kept it? There's no blood and the swords aren't seen connecting with skin, so what's the point? I just don't understand who approved of this decision or why.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 11-30-2016 at 10:05 PM.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

Reposting from theme park thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. O'Reilly the Christmas Poo View Post
    (whistles Mario theme)

Super Nintendo World announced for Universal Studios Japan

The land is expected to open in 2019, prior to the Tokyo Summer Olympics in August 2020. Orlando and Hollywood are expected to follow suit shortly afterward. (It has to open after the Olympics IIRC, so fall 2020/spring 2021) Notice the two levels and Bowser's Castle. The latter of which is most likely a dark ride exclusive to Japan. But wait! It gets better...

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201612/5372/

Universal recently filed some patents that give a glimpse into more Nintendo attractions:

This is the "drift racer" which can change speeds and drift on an unspecified track. The driver in the front "drives" and the passenger activates and influences certain things in the ride. If it looks familiar, that means Mario Kart: Double Dash will be the inspiration for the upcoming mega attraction to be found everywhere. I love DD, so this is icing on the cake.

This is really cool. This is a coaster that runs on a fake track with an arm connecting to the track below, and can provide free movement otherwise. Imagine if you're riding a coaster, but then the track disappears and your car appears to leap up and land on a piece of track a couple yards away... yep, this is Donkey Kong Country Mine Carts. Rumors persist that this ride will be exclusive to Florida.

Other elements may include warp pipes, Peach's Castle, and a Kirby play area plus Nintendo stores aplenty. Hollywood may get an exclusive Yoshi-themed boat ride.

This is awesome stuff, guys.

Blog Entries

Sounds like it would be a blast to go to!

Man DKC Mine Carts, an awesome choice for that kind of ride.

I'm getting just SLIGHTLY more and more irritated that I still cannot find the NES Classic. Nintendo promised stock and there is none. We are almost halfway through the month. I would love to not be scrambling to purchase and wrap that thing the weekend before Christmas.

Blog Entries

my mom's having the same exact issue. target laughed at her and said that nintendo most likely won't ship off any until next month (!!!)... i'm not sure if this is intentionally done to create sweltering demand but I'm not sure if they know about how prevalant scalping has become in the industry? just supply the demand, goddamnit

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

seems early to announce it a whole month ahead of time. They usually do it 2 weeks maximum. Such a tease...

Blog Entries

amazon prime now has some nes classics in a bunch of east coast cities including va beach. just ordered one and it'll be here this afternoon. unfortunately im at the airport flying out today so i won't be able to play with it for christmas, but at least it'll be there when i get back.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

Heh yea I was just about to post. They may do the west coast tomorrow. Pretty inventive way to fight scalpers IMO, crossing my fingers

Blog Entries

you gotta be quick if you notice it, apparently it's already selling out in dc and atlanta

Blog Entries

Oh yea I'm gonna be super attentive on Twitter now

Thread Information