Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsAPaddlin View Post
    Yes. I would sell my Wii and games just to be able to play new editions to KPL.
    Haha, yes! I loved Kirby Pinball Land too. I liked Kirby's Avalanche too (even though I am the worst Puyo Puyo player ever).

I probably shouldn't have said going back to Kirby's roots is "idiotic." I've just always felt like the Kirby brand was a very tenuous one, in terms of consistent gameplay ideas.

Blog Entries

@Xaiv stop living up to your avatar

anyway while we're obnoxiously complaining, why couldn't the metroid spinoff be about the choizo instead
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Blog Entries

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

the talk on neogaf is that even via homebrew emulation of the snes on the original 3ds isn't very good, the new 3ds has a better processor and this allows for emulation to run smoothly.

still not really sold on the idea of this though, the only game from this initial lineup i'd seriously consider is super metroid, with earthbound and link to the past as maybe purchases. with the exception of pilotwings i own all of these physically on cartridge, don't know if the incentive is there for me to have them on a handheld. sm comes out in a few weeks, gives me some time to think about it.

i'd probably look at games like final fight guy rather seriously though, that one is a tough game to come by.
    Last edited by comeau; 03-05-2016 at 06:29 AM.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I already have Earthbound, A Link to the Past and Super Mario World on my Wii U VC right now so this is irritatingly worthless for me.

Blog Entries

i have an original 3ds xl and this is irritatingly unobtainable for me. i mean this lineup here is kinda ehh but i'm sure it's gonna expand and i'm never gon be able to play snes on the go on my 3ds :(((((

i mean, idiot i am, i would Probably shell out my money YET AGAIN to pay for mario world if i could...

Blog Entries

Uh so I hate to go back to the Kirby discussion but Return to Dreamland was really just a retro throwback to the Dreamland series, but @Jims is kinda right: the character's been given all sorts of different variations in his history dating all the way back to the Gameboy/SNES days. There is no "set" Kirby game.

Would I like to see another Dreamland game? I guess maybe? The 2011 game was enough for me TBH. There's only so much you can do with the concept since Super Star basically did almost everything.

...you can continue talking about 3DS virtual console idiocy. (seriously that's pretty crappy of them)
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

it really should have been a launch day thing to have snes games on the vc. even expected it would. i kinda refuse to believe the 3ds can't emulate it properly

Blog Entries

https://streamable.com/bfdd

demonstration of mario world running on homebrew on a n3ds, and the second part of the vid he changes the clock speed to that of the standard 3ds' processor. and that's just mario world, says nothing of mode 7 games like f zero.

The New 3DS Virtual Console thing is so stupid. The fact that (A. It's only on New 3DS despite Game Boy Advance games (which are 32-bit) being perfectly playable on the standard 3DS, and (B. you can't cross buy, is basically pissing off nearly everyone. Nintendo can't have overlooked both of those facts, so they must simply not care. You could defend it by saying that "well this is for people who didn't already buy it on Wii U," but that's just silly because there is literally no reason not to make the purchases carry over from one console to the other. Especially now that both use the Nintendo eShop.

With that said, I have my SNES set up so I can easily just go play the original cartridges, but the point still stands.

Also is anyone else playing Twilight Princess HD? It looks very pretty but it's reminding me how friggin' SLOW the game is in the beginning. I already know what to do and it takes nearly 5 hours before you even get to Hyrule Field for the first time. It's a good game but the phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder" definitely applies to it.

Blog Entries

to be fair game boy advance games were possible on the 3ds because they used the ds hardware that is already in the 3ds system, essentially when you fire up minish cap or metroid fusion your 3ds is temporarily a ds lite(and as such behaves like a ds lite, notice how you can't pause the game by closing the lid for example). additionally the ambassador games are rather criticized for suffering from frame rate issues and other problems as it is. from what i gather the ambassador gba games was a tech demo that nintendo decided to test out on some of their fans, and they weren't 100% happy with the results, which is why we didn't see further gba games on the 3ds.

not defending the lack of cross buy, that's lame, but after reading up on the technical aspects of this i can see why they only limited this to the n3ds, the regular 3ds simply doesn't have the cajones to run snes games to the standard nintendo wants them to run at. the processor in the n3ds is 3 times more powerful than the one in the 3ds, therefore it's better suited for the task.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname, Steve

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

Some of the new Nintendo announcements:

Paper Mario Wii U: I might check it out despite my lack of interest in Sticker Star.
    Star Fox: Looks pretty fun, but I have no connection to the series. I'd like to rent it and try it out for myself.
    Zelda Wii U: I'll just go back through the Wii one and forget about the Amiibo.
    Kirby 3DS: Looks like fun. I'll get it on discount sometime down the line.
    Virtual Console on 3DS: I've already run out of space on my 3DS and have more or less neglected the eShop for several months, but it's nice to have Earthbound and Super Metroid on the go if the games run properly.
    Super Mario Maker updates: This game is getting more post-release support than I could have imagined, and I love that. I'd like to try the new course elements myself soon.

The only other things I might pick up are the Mega Man collection or the Rhythm Heaven compilation, both for 3DS. I know Nintendo's relying on a lot of their big franchises to inflate their release schedule, but I'm afraid I'm not interested in much of these titles despite the desire to play my Wii U for the first time in months. I'm curious as to what their mobile games will be like, and I'm still kind of excited about the NX.
    Always happy to meet new fans of The Simpsons. I'm especially interested in the dubs of the show, the German dub in particular.
    Incidentally, there's someone on Boards and Rec also named Lance Uppcercut. That's not me.... that is to say, that is not the same person.
    Wii U / 3DS ID: KleinerUndGemein
    PS3 ID: KleinerUndGemein
    Steam ID: SneakTheSnake
    GameFAQs profile: SneakTheSnake

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright all, any Mario Maker owners out there? I got some levels I made for y'all to star...I mean play, and hopefully star. Now the game's my sisters, so her mii is credited, but rest assured I made all of these levels. Any stars would be appreciated as we only have 10 of 50 needed to upload more than 10 courses at once. Anyway, here are the levels from, imo, best to worst:

Bowser's Perilous Castle - EBC3-0000-01E7-A9BE
    Bowser's Lava Bubble Castle - 1FFC-0000-01E8-C975
    Yoshi's Hop-a-Long - 3354-0000-01E9-7B90
    Wario's Stolen Treasure Hoard - E354-0000-01EA-099D
    Goomba Valley - C6D0-0000-01E8-BA51
    Daily Walk Among the Goombas - C7C6-0000-01E3-6269
    Pikmin's Scavenger Hunt - 18E8-0000-01E7-C0A6
    Treasure Maze Race! - E57C-0000-01E9-B3DB

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just finished making my toughest, and imo best, mario maker course yet this morning. I hadta work around Nintendo's dumb decision of not starting you with the red coins you should have collected by that point when they force you to beat your own level starting from the checkpoint. They need to fix that, but I think my level still worked out rather nice. I'm actually kinda proud of it. Try it...if you dare!

Bowser's Gruelling Gauntlet: 4929-0000-01F3-6341

Banned
    Blog Entries

I dont know if this belongs here but i beat donkey kong country returns for the wii today, really good game but it does have its hard parts.

Blog Entries

play tropical freeze it's way better

Banned
    Blog Entries

I miss the gatar boss from the snes, the tiki boss at the end was hard it took me a couple of days but i got through it, i hate it when the hands come together, i want to play tropical freeze but i don't have $300 for a wii u but when i do i'd be sure to play that one.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Nintendo is up now.

https://my.nintendo.com/

Has a few neat things on it, a lot of it basically the same as Club Nintendo. Gold coins can only be gotten from downloaded games though, but platinum coins you can get weekly for free which is cool.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

So many Miitomo missions. Clearly I need a 20 minute bathroom break.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

"Independent"

Artist is right, at least.

Add Mii if you want. I pretty much all answers.

This Miifoto thing is fun. Took all my game tickets and like 1,000 coins to get the cat companion in Mii Drop for this. @deadname, like my pose?

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname, Ryan

Blog Entries

Fun fun

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Let's all watch the new Star Fox anime short

Blog Entries

Apparently the game is only 2-3 hours long? Ech if true.

At least the anime short was neat!
    Last edited by Dobbie; 04-20-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tbf Star Fox 64 is only about 30-40 minutes for one of its routes. Multiple playthroughs/paths/high score stuff should lengthen it considerably.

Been hearing a lot of complaining about SFZ which slightly worries me (though it could just be fans overreacting to its average ratings). Hearing a lot about the motion controls, so maybe a KI: Uprising situation here (?), where it's still solid once gotten used to its weird controls. Still fairly excited for it, despite the Internet anger.
    Last edited by 1010011010; 04-20-2016 at 08:43 PM.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...-in-march-2017

So NX is due out in March 2017, and from what I understand, it won't be shown at e3 at all. Seems kinda pointless to not show it. Last year at e3, Nintendo only had a digital event, and it was a little lackluster, with no real big name stuff from what I recall. I don't plan on buying much for the wii u or 3ds this year, so I'm hoping for a worthwhile e3 this year.

The new Zelda is also confirmed delayed to 2017, and will be cross-platform. Damn I'm getting deja-vu here

I'm not surprised by this, but I have mixed feelings. Now, it COULD be a good thing. Nintendo has an opportunity here to do something unexpected and great -- they could make Zelda U a cross-buy, where if you buy one version, you get both, or a discount on the other one. Or at the ABSOLUTE least, you get some kind of reward or incentive for buying both. And I don't mean some lame ass costume download code or something - something physical, an amiibo or a soundtrack or something else that's tangible.

Makes zero sense that they (apparently) aren't gonna show NX at E3. I mean maybe they'll have a Nintendo Direct shortly after E3, but if they don't talk about NX at all during the conference, it will just be a gigantic elephant in the room. BUT OKIE DOKIE!

Blog Entries

don't know why nintendo even bothers showing up at e3 anymore, obviously their nintendo directs, which they hold whenever they feel like it, have essentially replaced a fixed event like e3.

Banned
    Blog Entries

the nx is the last chance for nintendo to get me interested in them again, so they better not fuck this up.

the wii u was an unfortunate blip in nintendo's otherwise illustrious history of video games. the fact the nx has been touted as something new and different gets me really excited. hopefully nintendo can get away from the gimmicky style of the wii and wii u and focus on more traditional consoles albeit with an interesting twist to keep people engaged.

edit: the fact that the new zelda is a wii u/nx game makes me think of twilight princess a lot, and i'm not sure many people hold the game cube version in as high regard as they do the wii version.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta love that treatment of the Wii U userbase!

Definitely waiting longer than I did with Wii U to see if they manage to not fuck up the NX now.

Thread Information