Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    This is definitely a backlog year for Nintendo stuff. May check out Pokken and Star Fox but that's about it.

There's a rumor of a new Paper Mario for Wii U that's popped up recently, so I'll probably do that too, I suppose.
    Yeah other than Star Fox and Zelda (IF IT EVER COMES OUT) I feel like Wii U is going to be kinda ignored this year amid all the NX hype. Since Amazon started doing that 20% off thing for Prime members, I went ahead and preordered Star Fox. Really don't know what to expect from it, but I'll throw them a bone. It will either be mildly disappointing or surprisingly good. Hopefully the latter.

I also got the new Mario & Luigi game for 3DS. Always loved those games, so I'm excited to try this one out. Also got the 20% off on it which helps

The wii U as a whole is kind of lackluster. I only have a handful of games, one of which is super mario maker. I hardly ever play it at the moment, only because I have other games on other systems right now. But mainly, it hasn't pulled me in, as about 80% (maybe more) of the levels I play are just really hard troll levels , autoscroll levels which are pointless, or just plain not fun levels. All the nohomers created levels are great though.

I had smash bros, which I trade toward the purchase of mario maker, but I also have melee, brawl and smash on 3ds, so I'm pretty set with smash bros games.

the system just feels kinda Meh, I guess. idk, besides the occasional mario kart 8 run, I don't play it a lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I just heard about that today and it looks so delicious

Love puzzle games so much and did enjoy Braid a lot
    Its super awesome, unfortunately its making me really motion sick

gonna try using a controller / adjusting the field of view / toying with graphics settings to see if i can get it working better
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Oh dang that's too bad. I tend to be ok with not getting motion sickness so hopefully that won't be a problem.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

yeah, using a controller instead of a mouse and adjusting graphics settings helped a ton, i never got sick after my first session w/ the game

finished after 23 hours of play, 414 (+16) puzzles solved.

i estimate i have like 250 i still need to find and solve so i will definitely come back to it

Blog Entries

Fire Emblem Fates is amazing. I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan so of course I'm going to love it, but it really does bring a lot of fresh ideas to the system. The way they implemented the pair-up and team attack system is brilliant (fixing Awakening's somewhat broken system). But the addition of characters that use Hidden Weapons is a game changer. It's pretty weird when one of my most important support units on the battlefield is the main character's maid, but it happens.

The story is laughably cliche, however.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Surprise new worldwide Nintendo direct tomorrow go!

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/705016536998608896
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

just watched the direct... all i can say is how disappointed and surprised i am they've bastardized one of my favorite video game characters of all-time... i'm talking about kirby, of course. what a note to end on, wow! planet robobot!!

Blog Entries

a new Paper Mario game and they already ruined it

Star Fox looks sweet though and I like that SMM update.

Blog Entries

Nintendo could honestly fall back into my good graces if they just started making fun, gimmick-free Kirby games... like the ones they used to make. That's what I miss most from them and it's sorely needed!! I knew there was a reason I sold my WiiU and this Direct gave me several of them.

Blog Entries

Yeah Kirby isn't really a series I'm into it anymore. Would love if they went back to their roots but I can't say I didn't enjoy Air Ride and Return to Dreamland either

Blog Entries

Honestly, they're grasping at straws now... why in the FUCK does Kirby need a mech? Seriously!!

Blog Entries

snes games on n3ds, hmm. should be more excited for that but i'm not. wish they'd let me cross buy from the snes games i already bought for the wii and wii u. plus all the snes games they have so far announced for north america i own the original carts for anyway. get like turtles in time or something and maybe we'll talk.

also mindblowing that they are releasing snes games on a handheld before game boy advance games.

Blog Entries

I really fail to see what's so blasphemous about the new kirby, oh no kirby can get mech suits that further use his abilities, like the animal friends in dreamland 2-3. The game looks good like pre much every other kirby main game.
    But oof that new Paper Mario game is gonna suuuuuck.

Blog Entries

haven't played a kirby game since mass attack, which was a cool game. all those little kirbys all over the screen.

return to dreamland ruled too, loved that game.

Blog Entries

The last Kirby game without a gimmick was Return to Dreamland in 2011. Before that, Crystal Shards in 2000. I don't want Kirby made out of yarn or duplicate Kirbys or clay Kirby or paint Kirby or mech Kirby.

I just want Kirby. Disagree if you will but I won't back down from the bastardization and watering-down of what was once a really good series.

Blog Entries

It's literately just a normal kirby game with new abilities like Triple Deluxe from last year. They add new abilities to the main games every time, it's nothing new.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

Blog Entries

yes, well, i HATE it so it makes it wrong!!!!!

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bro, do not fuck with Kirby's Epic Yarn in front of me.

Also i'm really feeling those Mario Maker updates.

Blog Entries

epic yarn was a game made for babies. COME AT ME.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RIP Paper Mario. I've tried to be understanding, but...just no. Story/original characters/RPG gameplay do matter to the series, and it just pains me to see this once fantastic series fall this far.

Federation Force on the other hand I'm slightly more positive about now with its story and class system (graphics still hard to get used to take in though).

SNES games on the N3DS is cool. Wish it was regular 3ds so I could make use of it, but its a slight extra incentive to buy it now.

Blog Entries

babies don't play video games!

Blog Entries

Saying Kirby should go back to its roots is idiotic. Kirby barely even has any roots. Should we go back to the traditional classics of Kirby Pinball Land, Kirby Block Ball, and Kirby's Dream Course? The Kirby franchise is entirely driven by throwing Kirby into some crazy gameplay concept with his traditional copy ability gimmick. Letting him run around copying abilities and letting him copy abilities in a mech, is totally in the vein of where the series has been.

Like @Insomnia pointed out, it literally just looks like Kirby's Dream Land 3 except using mechs instead of animal buddies.

Also, OMG they made Sticker Star 2. I hate Nintendo so frickin' much.

Blog Entries

kirby should go back to his roots when he was white.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Xaiv

Blog Entries

didn't realize pining for the days of pre-gimmick was a no-no around here! because there is definitely a pre and post-gimmick Kirby stage. most definitely!

Blog Entries

But there were no pre-gimmick Kirby days. It's been gimmicky since the SNES. Look at what Kirby Super Star is. It's a collection of, like, 6 different mini-adventures, one of which is a race game and another of which is a cave treasure adventure. Kirby Dream Land 3 brought back the animals and let them mix with the copy abilities. Kirby 64 had a gimmick of mixing copy abilities. This is completely ignoring all of the spin-off games like Kirby's Avalanche and Kirby's Dream Course.

Kirby is a series that has been dicked around with since its inception. That's what the series is. He is a pink ball that can be molded into whatever copy ability that you can think of.

Blog Entries

Kirby did change developers/producers at some point so one could argue that the design of the old Kirby games had roots. They certainly are different from a design perspective.

Not that it matters. Perhaps I just don't dig Kirby as much anymore and it is just blind nostalgia. Oh well.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Xaiv

Blog Entries

Lol second Kirby is the most gimmicky. They added in fucking copy abilities, wtf Nintendo?!?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Should we go back to the traditional classics of Kirby Pinball Land
    Yes. I would sell my Wii and games just to be able to play new editions to KPL.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Jims

Kirby's Avalanche is so goddamn fun

I love the Butter Building remix in it

Thread Information