Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

To the book depository! burnin''s Avatar

Here's a nice easy one designed to get me stars.

8-bit Poke' Floats!: 4BD2-0000-003F-C201

Last edited by burnin'; 09-15-2015 at 06:30 PM.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

Blog Entries

play undertale you guys!!

its fantastic

there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those who have it, the Plague Knight DLC is available now free for all who got Shovel Knight. So far, really liking it. Controls take some getting used to, but it's a fun excuse to play through the levels again, with some neat cutscenes and gameplay mechanics to interest.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Finished my third level. It is another "high concept" level. This one was extremely, extremely ambitious, so it took a really long time to design. Like, it was so tricky to design, literally adding one extra passage would completely break the puzzle.

Level Name: Gravity Flip Ghost House!
    ID: A5EE-0000-004E-43C8
    Features: A ghost house with a gravity flip mechanic! Every time you enter a pipe, the whole level flips upside down. This leads to some rather devious Super Mario World puzzles, and includes 3 separate exits. See if you can find the super secret exit and score the five 1-Ups at the end!

(I officially quit making high concept levels now. Gonna make more action-y stuff.)

You've got me stumped on this one @Jims

I'll try this level again later tonight.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hey Jims have you been playing Ross's levels from game grumps? I went round my mates again and played through them, rage quit most of them

fucking Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wasn't aware the Grumps were doing Mario Maker stuff. I'll have to give that a go before inevitably faili and blind rage.

Blog Entries

ross's levels are literally the worst. I quit playing them and am waiting for Danny to tackle them, cause it's funnier
    you must watch their play through of ross's levels, it's great

Blog Entries

Hey @burnin', I ended up doing a v3 version of my Ghost House level, as I think the 3rd puzzle is a little too finicky, the way I designed it before... Previously, it required you to briefly manage/carry two items at the same time. I flipped half of the puzzle around to make it flow a little better with the ideas learned in the first two puzzles. See if it's more straightforward now.

BCF2-0000-0058-3458

I also finished a much more action-y level, Cages & Mazes. A681-0000-0054-DAA7

I seem to only be making "closed" levels with very few bottomless pits, relying on enemy placement and room design instead... I got an idea for more of a traditional platformer level, so I'll work on doing one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    hey Jims have you been playing Ross's levels from game grumps? I went round my mates again and played through them, rage quit most of them

fucking Ross
    I watched the videos, but didn't try them out. A lot of them kinda rely on the element of surprise, so since I've seen them, I don't know if it's worth the frustration.

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Yo @hamm i've seen you sneaking around on Mario Maker, got anything to share?

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

still learning the ropes! only got it yesterday so haven't unlocked much. will post some codes up soonish.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

probably gonna pick up mario maker tonight... is it worth the price?

Blog Entries

Well it's almost completely stopped me playing Smash Bros so there's your answer

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Xaiv

Blog Entries

Also I made a few more levels I don't think any of you tried out:

Sneaky Stage: 5B1E-0000-005C-51A9
    Chaotic Castle: 9483-0000-005C-8EEE
    Airship Adventure v2: 93EB-0000-005C-BA39

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

I've got you saved and play your levels when they get uploaded.

OK GUYS, I'm throwing down the ultimate challenge! I've re-created, pixel by pixel, an exact replica of the TMNT Dam level for the NES. That's right. It's just as annoyingly difficult as the original. I considered putting a time limit on it to add the rush of the original but navigating the electric seaweed (minesweeps) is difficult enough.

2B72-0000-006A-438D

Vote it up on Reddit too: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/..._level_remake/

Mine: http://imgur.com/6sybiX4 Original: http://imgur.com/FuUXGAa

Mine: http://imgur.com/OovYkkk Original: http://imgur.com/4G2p7Ga
    Last edited by burnin'; 09-24-2015 at 05:02 PM.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog, Steve

Super Mario maker is a great game. I haven't posted a level; I just keep playing around with the editor. I've got a few ideas, but nothing really that great.

all the levels posted here are great. I beat don't "p" yourself by @burnin' after countless tries. A very good level, and one that just pissed me off enough to want to keep going until I beat it. It can be had to find good levels, unless you find them on message boards like this one.

Blog Entries

i did end up getting the game. lovin it so far

Blog Entries

Gonna play through you guys' levels tonight as I watch football.

Just recently surpassed 50 stars today, increasing my limit to 20 uploads. The large majority of my stars came from my two levels referencing Chrono Trigger and Yoshi's Island. Feels kind of cheap in a way, but I did end up designing those levels with those general themes in mind. I feel like the only way to really get stars in Super Mario Maker is to just come up with really broad themes that people will get. An intricately-crafted platforming challenge in the vein of Super Mario Bros. 3 will just look generic.

Also, since Mario Maker is a little dry after awhile, I circled back to Smash and checked out the new batch of characters. I really enjoy using Roy. He hits a sweet spot of having the sheer power that Marth and Lucina doesn't have without being as laggy as Ike with some of his moves. I love throwing out counters with him. Ryu is fun too but am still learning him. He's kind of finicky, but using his Hadokens in the air is fun for setting up little zoning traps. I was never a Lucas guy, but he seems decent.

Blog Entries

My first course, there's more to it than meets the eye... I call it CASTLE RUN!

BC06-0000-007C-E4DE

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    My first course, there's more to it than meets the eye... I call it CASTLE RUN!

BC06-0000-007C-E4DE
    It said "course not found," could it be off by a digit possibly?

Blog Entries

oof

Blog Entries

aw dammit
    I wanted that game cause pro skater 4 was so great
    but fuck that looks awful

Blog Entries

yeah i saw that.

poor tony hawk, his franchise is dead

Welp, guess that settles that

I just heard about this game a few days ago and was excited, but nnnnnot any more. Ugh I feel embarrassed for TH.

Yeah yesterday was nothing but bad review after another on my feed and every single vid was the same glitchy mess.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

although the dudes on gamefaqs are calling conspiracy saying that all the reviewers were payed to trash it and that personally they haven't experienced any glitches at all

I'm gonna cut a wide circle around it, not throwing $80 at a busted game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It said "course not found," could it be off by a digit possibly?
    I ended up deleting that one to make some important changes.

Here's the new one:

D22C-0000-007D-9107

It's simple but it's not cheap and it's got a secret. Tell me what you guys think if you play it.

Blog Entries

Gonna take a break from Mario Maker for a little while, but wanted to do one more level.

It's called Cannonball Run and it's not for the faint of heart. The key is to find the safe zones and maneuver through the dangerous parts as thoughtfully as possible. Just be patient and you'll be able to get through it!

ID: 7D17-0000-0080-64C4

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    Here's the new one:

D22C-0000-007D-9107

It's simple but it's not cheap and it's got a secret. Tell me what you guys think if you play it.
    Fun level!

The only thing that's counter-intuitive about it is the secret area. Going the route with the leaf is a huge detour without much of a reward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Gonna take a break from Mario Maker for a little while, but wanted to do one more level.

It's called Cannonball Run and it's not for the faint of heart. The key is to find the safe zones and maneuver through the dangerous parts as thoughtfully as possible. Just be patient and you'll be able to get through it!

ID: 7D17-0000-0080-64C4

Fun level!

The only thing that's counter-intuitive about it is the secret area. Going the route with the leaf is a huge detour without much of a reward.
    That's true. I'll try to get better with my future levels. I just wanted to create a level that was fun and had a secret. Thanks for the feedback!

Thread Information