Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31



Thread: Most embarrassing song on your phone or MP3 player



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #1
    No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    867-5309
    Posts
    805


    Most embarrassing song on your phone or MP3 player

    I usually listen to classic rock and heavy metal and I try to hide that I actually have Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space' on my phone.

    What song do you have on your music device that you don't want anyone to know you listen to?
    Origi corner taken quickly.

  2. #2
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    that’s a good song bro
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident


  3. #3
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    I don’t see the point of being “embarrassed” by music you have on your device, just a cursory glance I can’t find anything that would fit that. I like what I like and I don’t care who knows.

  4. #4
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    Do have a few songs by a band called Confederate Railroad that seems more embarrassing to admit than saying I like to listen to Sheryl Crowe(which I do she’s great) or something

  5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

  6. #5
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,164
    Blog Entries
    134


    none. i had alot of shame for years but i shed that skin and i flaunt my tacky flesh, the makeup of which is every bit as much critical darling trash as it is early 70s white ppl self indulgence, late 70s disco rippers, every corner of the 80s with special pedestals for songs by the likes of hall and oates, steely dan, loverboy, motherfucking STARSHIP that song rips, i could unfurl a looney tunes ass list of 90s hits Especially one hit wonders that awaken my inner pop up video junkie, i gave i love you always forever by donna lewis five stars and it deserves all five, i will belt all for you by sister hazel and every counting crows song that follows in the autoplay, i will get a little too into shawn mullins lullaby, and if your viewpoint of guilty pleasure is just modern popstars then youd have a harder time naming one i dont have at least one eternal bop from, from the lady gagas to the katy perrys to the ke$ha who has beyond anyones comprehension perfected pop music, nevermind the underappreciated genius of will.i.am, the unstoppable hit craftsmanship of drake or rihanna, every bruno mars song that steals something a few decades old, and i could go on. the definitions here change decade to decade but i could hit them all. i havent even mentioned how often i listen to sonic the hedgehog soundtracks or anime openers or all the critically panned albums nobody wants to admit they misjudged too quickly like prince's rave un2 the joy fantastic or rush's corny synth albums, i can tell you with no irony in my molecules that huey lewis and the news are one of the greatest groups in music history, i can name every member of the bands peak era here ill do it huey lewis chris hayes mario cipolina sean hopper johnny colla bill gibson done did it boom. i listened to insane clown posse for my entire sixteenth year of human existence and tbbh some of it still slaps. i like every weezer album. all of them. especially raditude, which the clown consensus doesnt deserve in all its eternal youth inspired glory. god forbid we all forget we are getting older and losing it for a few seconds!

    so yeah. none.

  7. #6
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,552
    Blog Entries
    1


    Blank Space is better than all heavy metal already.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

  8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau, pax

  9. #7
    withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,272


    All of them cuz all music is embarrassing


  10. #8
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    that’s stupid

  11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

  12. #9
    No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    867-5309
    Posts
    805


    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Blank Space is better than all heavy metal already.
    No way. Play Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets at 11 and rock out.

  13. #10
    No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    867-5309
    Posts
    805


    Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    I don’t see the point of being “embarrassed” by music you have on your device, just a cursory glance I can’t find anything that would fit that. I like what I like and I don’t care who knows.
    I can respect that. Taylor is extremely talented but its just not what you would expect from me. My sister laughs at me. I'm lucky to have parents who brought me up with a lot of music. My mom saw Hendrix. Myf dad saw Janis. I'm so jealous

  14. #11
    No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    867-5309
    Posts
    805


    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    none. i had alot of shame for years but i shed that skin and i flaunt my tacky flesh, the makeup of which is every bit as much critical darling trash as it is early 70s white ppl self indulgence, late 70s disco rippers, every corner of the 80s with special pedestals for songs by the likes of hall and oates, steely dan, loverboy, motherfucking STARSHIP that song rips, i could unfurl a looney tunes ass list of 90s hits Especially one hit wonders that awaken my inner pop up video junkie, i gave i love you always forever by donna lewis five stars and it deserves all five, i will belt all for you by sister hazel and every counting crows song that follows in the autoplay, i will get a little too into shawn mullins lullaby, and if your viewpoint of guilty pleasure is just modern popstars then youd have a harder time naming one i dont have at least one eternal bop from, from the lady gagas to the katy perrys to the ke$ha who has beyond anyones comprehension perfected pop music, nevermind the underappreciated genius of will.i.am, the unstoppable hit craftsmanship of drake or rihanna, every bruno mars song that steals something a few decades old, and i could go on. the definitions here change decade to decade but i could hit them all. i havent even mentioned how often i listen to sonic the hedgehog soundtracks or anime openers or all the critically panned albums nobody wants to admit they misjudged too quickly like prince's rave un2 the joy fantastic or rush's corny synth albums, i can tell you with no irony in my molecules that huey lewis and the news are one of the greatest groups in music history, i can name every member of the bands peak era here ill do it huey lewis chris hayes mario cipolina sean hopper johnny colla bill gibson done did it boom. i listened to insane clown posse for my entire sixteenth year of human existence and tbbh some of it still slaps. i like every weezer album. all of them. especially raditude, which the clown consensus doesnt deserve in all its eternal youth inspired glory. god forbid we all forget we are getting older and losing it for a few seconds!

    so yeah. none.
    Weezer was my first concert.
    Huey Lewis and the News 'Sports' was my first LP in 1983
    I love 80s music
    Not a Starship fan, but love Jefferson Airplane.
    Have Wakko's World from Animaniacs, which basically my generation's Sponge Bob.
    "I hate the fucking Eagles man." Just for the simple fact it is about self indulgence.
    Learn to love The Beatles before I knew they were "The Beatles"

    I say listen to what makes you happy.

  15. #12
    miss queen pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Forest of Illusion
    Posts
    5,789
    Blog Entries
    12


    I have a playlist full of wrestling themes, the majority of it about which half naked meathead is going to punch the other meathead harder in the face. So yeah.

  16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Shoskin

  17. #13
    No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    867-5309
    Posts
    805


    Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    I have a playlist full of wrestling themes, the majority of it about which half naked meathead is going to punch the other meathead harder in the face. So yeah.
    Stone Cold?

  18. #14
    this is uh, me cam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    minnypolis
    Posts
    7,575
    Blog Entries
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    I have a playlist full of wrestling themes, the majority of it about which half naked meathead is going to punch the other meathead harder in the face. So yeah.
    burn in my light is a 10

  19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

  20. #15
    miss queen pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Forest of Illusion
    Posts
    5,789
    Blog Entries
    12


    It's up there for sure
    Last edited by pax; 07-15-2019 at 01:42 PM.

  21. #16
    Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,296
    Blog Entries
    30


    I've got some embarrassing songs, but none more than N*SYNC's I Want You Back.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

  22. #17
    Pin Pal Snorky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    271


    Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    I've got some embarrassing songs, but none more than N*SYNC's I Want You Back.
    Yeah, never really liked N'Sync compared to BSB.

    At least Justin Timberlake had a great solo career afterwards, with excellent production assistance from Timbaland and the Neptunes

  23. #18
    Spooky sponge The OSSist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    14,903
    Blog Entries
    405


    I like Justin Timberlake more in N'Sync than as a solo artist. Can't Stop The Feeling is one of the most annoying radio hits ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

  24. #19
    Junior Camper Borner1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    214


    I find most of BSB's hits more memorable, but there is one particular N'Sync song I reaaally love because of its fast beats:


  25. #20
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    first NSYNC album is a banger

    honestly never paid much attention to the late 90s boy bands but from the radio hits I did hear I never heard anything unlistenable really. only know that first NSYNC album because a friend had it in his Discman years and years ago.

    there was a song from NSYNC that ancient Disney Channel paired with A Bugs Life footage that was great that I've been trying to find for many years to no avail. no NSYNC songs were even on the soundtrack. I know I'm not crazy and this was a thing Disney Channel aired circa 1998 I just know it.

  26. #21
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    Can't Stop The Feeling is one of the most annoying radio hits ever.
    this isn't accurate btw

  27. #22
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    was one of the best songs from whatever year that was

  28. #23
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    just listening to "I Want You Back" right now takes me back to 5th grade the era of Furbies Beanie Babies and Tamagotchi's so damn bad

    god I miss it

  29. #24
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    remember when McDonalds had the Teenie Beanie Babies in their Happy Meals and adults lost their minds over those stupid things way more than kids did?

    well no of course y'all don't because this board is full of young bucks smh

  30. #25
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    Beanie Babies man what a trip

  31. #26
    Spooky sponge The OSSist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    14,903
    Blog Entries
    405


    Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    this isn't accurate btw
    Doesn't matter how acclaimed a song is, you can't help it if you find it annoying personally.

  32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990

  33. #27
    Junior Camper Borner1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    214


    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    Doesn't matter how acclaimed a song is, you can't help it if you find it annoying personally.
    Agreed. I found that song kinda annoying as well. In terms of soundtracks from non-Disney animation, I still prefer "Everything is Awesome" from The LEGO Movie, released just two years before "Can't Stop the Feeling". Both songs had a grandiose performance at the Oscars, but even then, I still preferred the way Everything is Awesome was performed:



    Compared to the way Timberlake just roused the crowd to sing along to his song, Can't Stop the Feeling was a rather boring Oscars performance.

  34. #28
    Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    2,296
    Blog Entries
    30


    Can't Stop The Feeling is an really annoying song, and Everything Is Awesome is way better. Nearly every pop song in the last decade that is acclaimed is annoying.


  35. #29
    Junior Camper Borner1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    214


    Returning the thread to its initial discussion, I would say I'm guilty as well of having multiple bubblegum pop songs like Spice Girl's Wannabe or even Toy-Box's Barbie Girl. They're catchy and easy to listen to, so I couldn't help but like their beat.

    I think guilty pleasures aside, a lot of pop songs I liked usually have some redeeming quality to them. Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" is still a singable earworm today; Baltimora's "Tarzan Boy" is still a hilarious song that you could sing just for the fun of it; and even some of Britney's post-90s songs like "Womanizer" and "Toxic" are still energetic dance tracks that are great songs to play at a dance party. So I wouldn't really say I'm "embarrassed" to play these songs at all.

    Wannabe though, I'm definitely embarrassed to admit liking it. It's a very cheesy and a very '90s song:


  36. #30
    الذهاب المغيرين comeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dickshooter, Idaho
    Posts
    13,218
    Blog Entries
    22


    y'all have such bad opinions on pop music

    being embarrassed by liking Wannabe, smh

  37. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •