Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,320 of 4482

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Nintendo Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Can't even bring myself to care about NX rn
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The annoying thing is I know i'm going to snap it eventually for Smash Bros. But until then it's a firm meh.

At least I can still get hours out of my Wii U since Amy is getting into it. Will just "catch up" on there and then focus all my energy money on getting a PS4 at this point. I'll always be into Nintendo but ugh right now.

Hired Goon

I hope the NX has backwards compatibility with Wii U games. I mean I'm sure it will, but if they don't it would only increase the feeling of their utter neglect of Wii U. What would be even nicer is if Wii U games are somehow "enhanced" on NX, i.e. upscaled graphics, additional control options, etc. But if they really are going to make a lot of NX ports of Wii U games (which was rumored recently) then I guess the latter is not very likely.

If NX really does launch in March, then the Wii U will have been its shortest-lived home console ever. I feel like Wii U JUST came out. November 2012 wasn't really that long ago, and now here we are 10 months away from its successor. I guess overall, my biggest issue with Wii U is that it didn't really do anything new and innovative. It COULD have, but it wasn't used to its potential. The original Wii was a great system; it had a ton of shovelware, but its best games are FANTASTIC. And it had a ton more third-party support than Wii U.

When the Wii was first unveiled in 2006, I was SO EXCITED. Sure it was underpowered and didn't live up to all of its promises, but overall it was a good console with a solid lineup of games. I didn't get that feeling when Wii U was revealed, not even a little bit. I was mostly "looks cool I guess?" In retrospect, Wii U just kinda feels like a holdover console for the true Wii successor. Here's hoping that the NX's release doesn't get botched like Wii U's did.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

More Mario Maker Levels:

Bowser's Gruelling Gauntlet 2: D6EB-0000-022E-0098
    Bowser's Gruelling Gauntlet 3: 6E8C-0000-022E-28C8
    Bowser's Airship Gauntlet: 2F68-0000-022E-BA63
    Bowser's Oceanic Gauntlet: 9961-0000-0233-7565
    Mario Can Skate!: 6E5C-0000-022F-9BF1

Blog Entries

vans has a new line of nintendo themed sneaks, bought these hot zelda slip ons at the vans store in the mall. also got this shirt

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

I'm curious about the NX but gaming in general is just losing me due to every shitty thing this Gen.
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Blog Entries

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nin...t=announcement

it's so cute, i want it. even though i already have two fully functional nes consoles and a good chunk of the games on that list.

I have a goal of buying this lil thing for Amy and watching her unwrap it and play with it as her first game system. She's already super into games in general, especially Mario and anything she saw in Smash Bros. I bet she'll love Balloon Fight and Bubble Bobble

Blog Entries

http://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

at a minimum i'm buying this thing just for the sexy box.

Hired Goon

It's worth it for the packaging alone!

Not gonna lie, I'm totally buying that. Even after I just spend a good chunk of change having my real NES modded for HD video output (and it looks phenomenal BTW). If nothing else, I'll get this just to hook up in the living room for convenience.

I also LOVE that you can use the controller that it comes with as a Classic Controller for Wii and Wii U games. That's an awesome feature. So you can play NES Virtual Console games using an actual (sort of) NES controller.

Blog Entries

I feel kinda torn on this. Nintendo is already a company that trades so, so much on nostalgia, and I am a little resentful that they view me like such a mark. I am basically my dad now, who was expected to gobble down any Beatles re-release that comes along. I'm able to resist them on most of their accessories but the design of the box and everything about it seems specifically designed to pander to someone my age.

On the other hand, I had been thinking about my classic NES lately and how I don't want to pay for a ridiculously expensive Framemeister to play it on my downstairs TV. There's the upstairs CRT, but it's much less comfortable an area. This would at least solve that problem (to some degree) and just let me hook straight into HDMI. The value proposition is pretty nice too. I own a decent number of them in various forms (virtually or physically), but the ones I don't would be cool to have, especially all in one place. $60 feels like the right price point. I wouldn't have paid $100 for this.

(Probably. I don't trust myself anymore.)

They're going to sell a ton of these during the holidays. Might just ask for one of these for Christmas.

Blog Entries

it's just a 30 games in one collection tho!! it doesn't even look like it has a poor emulator that enables you to play real cartridges. even the sega genesis thing had that. they're like dollar store items

Yeah I mean it's not like some super amazing thing here, I'm kinda amazed at the bonkers reaction some people are having but man the thought of seeing my kid unwrap this at Christmas is too great

Blog Entries

Yeah, the folks who went bonkers over the news are kinda weird since these little plug-n-plays have been around for awhile now. The only difference is the IP, here, and the notability that Nintendo has never tried to do one of these yet.

I'm honestly more surprised that they licensed part of the package and got Capcom, Konami, Tecmo, Square-Enix, and whoever else to join in on the venture. I would've expected them to just kinda stick with the usual suspects of first-party NES games. They probably realized that no one would care if they added stuff like Pinball or Golf to the package and had to spice it up a little.

(I wish they would've gotten Contra instead of Super C, though.)

Blog Entries

i just think it looks cool, it's a tiny nes in a box that resembles the box from the early 90s nes release. i don't give a fuck if it can play nes carts, i have two of them for that. it's nothing mindblowing, but it's still neat.

and the genesis one was a piece of junk. piss poor emulation in a machine made by some third party that didn't even look like a genesis. think this is more in line with those atari flashback consoles.

Some biz on the NX floating around, of course keep in mind Nintendo isn't saying anything about this because "speculation/rumors" and such.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...le-controllers

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display.
    So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.
    Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.
    A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

Hired Goon

I'm not sure if I want this rumor to be true or not. I know we aren't supposed to care about graphics/hardware/horsepower/etc., but I feel like making the NX a portable thing would most certainly sacrifice some power. The NX doesn't have to be equal to PS4/XB1, but it should at least surpass the Wii U IMO. Then again, maybe it will, who knows.

To be fair, I've been skeptical of Nintendo before, and they've rarely let me down. I remember when they unveiled the Wii Remote and I was like "lol WHAT."

Blog Entries

may or may not fit here i don't know but there's a kickstarter for the infamous unreleased super nintendo game "socks the cat rocks the hill". it's been a while coming, am definitely backing this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-the-clintons

at the very least it'll be cool to get this out so there will finally be a rom dump available.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've always wanted to play that. Even considering all the weird mascot games we got in the SNES/Genesis era, that one sounds particularly bizarre, especially with the strange, politically-incorrect satirical stuff.

Also IIRC this was one of those cases where the SNES and Genesis versions would have been totally different games; they should work on a dump of the latter one too.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

as far as i know there isn't any known genesis copies in existence, don't think it was as far into development as the snes version was by the time the games were cancelled.

the snes prototype that these repro copies are sourced from is the only known copy, the original owner had it for years and was reluctant to rom dump it for fear that it would lessen the value of his proto cart. he sold it a few years back to the current owner, who has always had the intention of releasing it, it just took him a while to get the copyrights sorted out. plus apparently he had a team of people go through the game and debug it a bit.

Blog Entries

nx reveal tomorrow at 10 am eastern

...i don't care

Nintendo Switch.

Blog Entries

it looks pretty cool but man, what an awful name

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/sta...05750253588482

oh my god

this is pretty much what the wii u should've been. cautiously optimistic until the games come out
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wasn't a bad reveal by any means, but I'm still wary because of pretty much everything Nintendo have done over the past few years. Will wait and see with this one probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

well this needs to be a course-correction so I have faith that they're going about on delivering this one

already off to a good start

Blog Entries

it had a good presentation. It definitely looks convenient and is trying new things that seem like a step in the right path. I agree with Ryan that it is essentially what the Wii U should have been in the first place, really. It is basically a Wii U conceptually but with more meat to it.

It was interesting to see some third party titles showcased but I do wonder if they will get newer ones and not just older ports. As for their exclusives, looks like a new 3D Mario (Galaxy-style) and either a new Mario Kart or additional Mario Kart 8 content. I am uncertain if the Splatoon is new or a port though...

The features and games are now key. If they don't deliver that it will be another waste. They got something here, though. Let's see how they do from here on out. I got a feeling E3 2017 will be very important for them.

It's Nintendo so I'll buy it etc

Have always said I like my Wii U but if they perfect it and put some fucking games out then cool

Blog Entries

the multiplayer aspect looks cool, it's neat that you can take a one person set up and turn it into a two person set up so easily. also the nba part demonstrated a new way split screen.

Thread Information