Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 58 of 58



Thread: So... What's going on...



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #31
    Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    25,863
    Blog Entries
    28


    How is this not an OT section?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

  2. #32
    Zombies Rise from the Sea
    Guest


    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    How is this not an OT section?
    Well, it's only one forum with limited activity, compared to the mass OT sections that nerdgroupies has.

  3. #33
    Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,305
    Blog Entries
    41


    Yeah but the OT sections of nerdgroupies aren't even OT though right? I mean that place was made for those topics...

  4. #34
    at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,918
    Blog Entries
    6


    For those who want to talk about other popculture-stuff, just create a thread for a particular tv-show you wanna talk about in the free-for-all or create a movie-thread or a music-thread or a videogame-thread. And if there's enough interest, a new small O/T-place might develop out of its own.

  5. #35
    i shot mr burns rkell48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    239


    I'm very very bored…I'm excited for Christmas
    I haven't worked much this week so I'm not going to have much money to spend on boxing day
    Umm I initiated conversation with someone I like…

    Life is swell..

  6. #36
    at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,918
    Blog Entries
    6


    For your information, Financial Panther.
    Nerdgroupies has a very successful Simpsons-thread containing almost 500 replies already.

  7. #37
    i shot mr burns rkell48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    239


    Update: A friend request I sent to someone from my work, who I went to high school with…and got rejected.

    Woe is me. QQ so sad…

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,055


    Where in Australia do you live?

  9. #39
    I'm Bartman. Jims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    For those who want to talk about other popculture-stuff, just create a thread for a particular tv-show you wanna talk about in the free-for-all or create a movie-thread or a music-thread or a videogame-thread. And if there's enough interest, a new small O/T-place might develop out of its own.
    This is basically it. It seems kind of weird to me to simply say that there aren't enough threads/discussion in the new OT, when the obvious solution is to, well, make more threads.

  10. #40
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,929
    Blog Entries
    137


    we need a lounge thread, like we used to have so many of in the past.

    i'd make it but pretty much all of my threads have been faillures

  11. #41
    number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The TERRORZONE
    Posts
    1,239
    Blog Entries
    10


    You know, I have a good idea. A "Random Picture Thread." I did it on another forum I was at, and I think it's a fun idea. Would anyone contribute?

  12. #42
    ___________________ Elf Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,781


    Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    we need a lounge thread, like we used to have so many of in the past.
    lol, I know it was straining the nhc servers, but if they hadn't shut down all the noiseland lounges, maybe we wouldn't have this mass-desertion of threads now?

    also, there's already a lounge thread here...
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

  13. #43
    Apple Genius Legalize Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a damn box
    Posts
    500
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    For your information, Financial Panther.
    Nerdgroupies has a very successful Simpsons-thread containing almost 500 replies already.
    If this is the case, doesn't that point to the fact that at least SOME of the people on NG still like the Simpsons? 500 replies can't be all hate...

  14. #44
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,929
    Blog Entries
    137


    almost every post in there is about the earlier seasons though. at least from what i remember

  15. #45
    Apple Genius Legalize Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a damn box
    Posts
    500
    Blog Entries
    1


    Discussion of the earlier seasons here isn't restricted; they seem to have an attitude that should have been fixed with a "Get over it or we don't want you here." Not giving them their own damn site...

  16. #46
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,846


    I really don't see what the problem is. Most of those "500 replies" are reminiscing about how we used to feel and dogging on the new episodes every few weeks. We have no interest in regularly discussing the Simpsons on a daily basis and despite the NUMBER of posts in that thread, the content certainly illustrates that we only discuss it if something majorly interesting manages to happen. It really wouldn't add much of anything to ANY discussion on this message board, which facilitates daily discussions. You guys aren't missing out on some holy grail of discussion by not having that particular group of people here, honest.

    We have our own site because the majority of the Off Topic regulars wanted to place the focus on life and other miscellaneous topics. So rather than keep NHC as a site that placed The Simpsons on the back burner and brought OT into focus, which most everyone agreed was a pretty bad idea after the fact, we bring The Simpsons to the forefront again here and move the other stuff elsewhere and let this community grow out of pure Simpsons fans. It's linked on this website because the owner of this site owns the other site and can do whatever he wants, really.

    There's no reason why this section can't be expanded to include it's own large OT section like in the past. But there's hardly anyone participating in discussion here to facilitate that right now. If more people tried posting more threads, we might see the point in adding separate sections. It'll literally take me one minute to add a forum to this section, guys. It's not that hard. But why would I add that forum if barely anyone posts here as it is? Think about that.

    Sort of disappointed that I even have to try to reason about this. This community clash stuff really just needs to stop already.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

  17. #47
    Apple Genius Legalize Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a damn box
    Posts
    500
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I really don't see what the problem is. Most of those "500 replies" are reminiscing about how we used to feel and dogging on the new episodes every few weeks. We have no interest in regularly discussing the Simpsons on a daily basis and despite the NUMBER of posts in that thread, the content certainly illustrates that we only discuss it if something majorly interesting manages to happen. It really wouldn't add much of anything to ANY discussion on this message board, which facilitates daily discussions. You guys aren't missing out on some holy grail of discussion by not having that particular group of people here, honest.

    We have our own site because the majority of the Off Topic regulars wanted to place the focus on life and other miscellaneous topics. So rather than keep NHC as a site that placed The Simpsons on the back burner and brought OT into focus, which most everyone agreed was a pretty bad idea after the fact, we bring The Simpsons to the forefront again here and move the other stuff elsewhere and let this community grow out of pure Simpsons fans. It's linked on this website because the owner of this site owns the other site and can do whatever he wants, really.

    There's no reason why this section can't be expanded to include it's own large OT section like in the past. But there's hardly anyone participating in discussion here to facilitate that right now. If more people tried posting more threads, we might see the point in adding separate sections. It'll literally take me one minute to add a forum to this section, guys. It's not that hard. But why would I add that forum if barely anyone posts here as it is? Think about that.

    Sort of disappointed that I even have to try to reason about this. This community clash stuff really just needs to stop already.
    So in order to refocus the site, you have to create a new off topic site? The reason that doesn't work and evidently hasn't been working for NG is because there are already a large amount of OT boards on the Internet. There's not a problem with having two different kinds of people with separate ideals under one roof. If cyberbullying became an issue, the user should be punished. If power abuse was an issue, the staff member should be demoted. I don't see why those things didn't occur, or why giving those users their own community sounded like a good idea.

    And no, I don't think anyone is missing out on some 'holy grail of discussion.' However, NHC was a single site, and besides a few exceptions, it seems most people got along. Those are just my two cents.

  18. #48
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,846


    We didn't HAVE to create a new site. We WANTED to. It sounded like a good idea because "those users" are really good friends who now also hang out in real life. Fact is this site has been around 10 years, along with a lot of the OT community, and a lot of us are very tight knit friends now.P eople also clearly couldn't get along in the past with people who still cared about The Simpsons, too. 2005-2009 was a rough period for people. Anyone who did bully was punished, and there were many changes with moderators, too. But you can't train people like cattle much less physically punish them; they're going to act however they want regardless of rules and authority. And this is the internet, not a school house, so making another forum is not such an insane solution to this.

    It doesn't matter if there are LOTS of other OT websites, those sites don't matter. We at NerdGroupies aren't in competition to anyone on the internet; that was never the point of creating THAT forum. NHC briefly focusing on pop culture was meant to compete with the times and changes in taste, and obviously it was a bad change. NG at this point is just a board where a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings come and talk to their friends about life and media. What's so wrong about that? The only problem NG creates is now your OT section is small. But again, that's EASILY fixed by people simply USING the forum. There's no reason why NHC can't eventually, again, have it's on OT set of boards. There's no rule saying that can't happen just because NG exists.

    But what goes on with NG is now really not the problem for anyone who primarily posts on NHC, and vice versa. It doesn't matter if they are separate sites or if NG gets new members or whatever you think is "not working" for NG. Both are still operating with the same general core of people who made each site what it was when it was still JUST NHC. The people that moved to NG never did talk about The Simpsons. And the people on NHC who liked The Simpsons but also posted in OT...can still post in OT. The life of NHC is The Simpsons sections in the first place...why do you think we get so many mentions from the staff and promotional material? And that kind of stuff is still happening even though NG exists. Some message boards don't have to be about the product...they can be about the fun, too. There's no reason why you guys can't have fun when you never really spoke to the majority of the people who moved, anyway.

    I mean seriously, Financial Panther pretty much made the point here.

  19. #49
    at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,918
    Blog Entries
    6


    I think the right solutions were made regarding the NHC and the creation of NG.
    It's just the natural step of boarding-evolution. Darwin would have a field trip if he would still be alive.

  20. #50
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    I'm happy with the split. I like both boards, I like both sets of people but they're very different. I find this 'conflict' thing a bit embarrassing now. There is no reason for there to be any 'conflict' at this point. Just leave eachother alone.

  21. #51
    ___________________ Elf Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,781


    Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    There is no reason for there to be any 'conflict' at this point. Just leave eachother alone.
    I agree.

    Anyone who brings it up now, really isn't thinking what's best for the forums.

  22. #52
    at the other side of reality cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,918
    Blog Entries
    6


    They also have a thread in which they look 'over the wall' you know.

  23. #53
    Apple Genius Legalize Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a damn box
    Posts
    500
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    We didn't HAVE to create a new site. We WANTED to. It sounded like a good idea because "those users" are really good friends who now also hang out in real life. Fact is this site has been around 10 years, along with a lot of the OT community, and a lot of us are very tight knit friends now.P eople also clearly couldn't get along in the past with people who still cared about The Simpsons, too. 2005-2009 was a rough period for people. Anyone who did bully was punished, and there were many changes with moderators, too. But you can't train people like cattle much less physically punish them; they're going to act however they want regardless of rules and authority. And this is the internet, not a school house, so making another forum is not such an insane solution to this.

    It doesn't matter if there are LOTS of other OT websites, those sites don't matter. We at NerdGroupies aren't in competition to anyone on the internet; that was never the point of creating THAT forum. NHC briefly focusing on pop culture was meant to compete with the times and changes in taste, and obviously it was a bad change. NG at this point is just a board where a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings come and talk to their friends about life and media. What's so wrong about that? The only problem NG creates is now your OT section is small. But again, that's EASILY fixed by people simply USING the forum. There's no reason why NHC can't eventually, again, have it's on OT set of boards. There's no rule saying that can't happen just because NG exists.

    But what goes on with NG is now really not the problem for anyone who primarily posts on NHC, and vice versa. It doesn't matter if they are separate sites or if NG gets new members or whatever you think is "not working" for NG. Both are still operating with the same general core of people who made each site what it was when it was still JUST NHC. The people that moved to NG never did talk about The Simpsons. And the people on NHC who liked The Simpsons but also posted in OT...can still post in OT. The life of NHC is The Simpsons sections in the first place...why do you think we get so many mentions from the staff and promotional material? And that kind of stuff is still happening even though NG exists. Some message boards don't have to be about the product...they can be about the fun, too. There's no reason why you guys can't have fun when you never really spoke to the majority of the people who moved, anyway.

    I mean seriously, Financial Panther pretty much made the point here.

    I suppose that makes sense. Sorry for my irrationality.

  24. #54
    Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    19,808


    Not much is going on...stuff I ordered from either Amazon.com or eBay is coming in...ordered a dollhouse laundry sink for my miniature laundry room for my 1990's Mattel Marge Simpson action figure. Once I get it, I can have my internet friend from Illinois put up pics at 'Itchy and Scratchy Studios!'

  25. #55
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,929
    Blog Entries
    137


    So, as you guys know, I just spent the last like hour or so going through wishing people a happy holiday season (I did this same thing last year, too). Mostly people who I am friends with on the site, as well as some other members, so I didn't feel like such a jerk. It actually became kind of bittersweet doing this, because as I was looking through my friends list, there were quite a few people on there who haven't been on this site, in like forever. Half of them I barely remembered at all. I mean, I know I joined 2 years ago, and not every single person who I became friends with was going to stay, but it just seems weird that I've been on this site for only 2 years, and already probably half of my friends or so have left, for various reasons. Granted, some of them joined the site years before I did, but still. It made me wonder what this site's going to be like 2 more years from now, in 2013. How many of the people are going to be here, or how many will have quit the board or just move on.

  26. #56
    ___________________ Elf Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,781


    Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    So, as you guys know, I just spent the last like hour or so going through wishing people a happy holiday season (I did this same thing last year, too). Mostly people who I am friends with on the site, as well as some other members, so I didn't feel like such a jerk. It actually became kind of bittersweet doing this, because as I was looking through my friends list, there were quite a few people on there who haven't been on this site, in like forever. Half of them I barely remembered at all. I mean, I know I joined 2 years ago, and not every single person who I became friends with was going to stay, but it just seems weird that I've been on this site for only 2 years, and already probably half of my friends or so have left, for various reasons. Granted, some of them joined the site years before I did, but still. It made me wonder what this site's going to be like 2 more years from now, in 2013. How many of the people are going to be here, or how many will have quit the board or just move on.
    to be fair joe, you collect friends like nickels

    but i'm sure many of us will be here, and even if we're not I'm sure you'll make new friends...you're very likeable

  27. #57
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,929
    Blog Entries
    137


    haha when i first joined, i friended pretty much anybody i could, that's true.

    it's just sad knowing that so many of those people aren't here anymore. i mean a lot has changed; would they even recognize this place anymore?

  28. #58
    Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    25,863
    Blog Entries
    28


    I know. It always makes me sad thinking of members that have left, what made them leave, what they're doing now...



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •