View Poll Results: How do you rate "Hurricane!" (6AJN07)?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Worth it, best hurricane ever!

5 29.41%
  • 4/5: Okay, now this is a hurricane!

3 17.65%
  • 3/5: It's a pretty strong hurricane

5 29.41%
  • 2/5: "I've been through stronger hurricanes

2 11.76%
  • 1/5: This hurricane is a complete and utter waste of my time

2 11.76%

Thread: Rate and Review American Dad: "Hurricane" (6AJN07)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Rate and Review American Dad: "Hurricane" (6AJN07)

October 2nd, 2011: Hurricane! (6AJN07)
    The final part of an animated triple-crossover with Family Guy, The Cleveland Show and American Dad. When a storm hits Stoolbend, Langley Falls and Quahog, the Smiths fight to survive.
    Last edited by Zombies Rise from the Sea; 10-02-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Like always American Dad is the strongest, 4/5 almost four, you genuly feel like there is a threath and Klaus really strong in this episode

The only annoying part was roger who was way too cruel on that girl for no reason (and they should have left stan being right once)

Second week in a row we have a parody (mind you that was accidental) this is similar to the posseidon aventure
    Last edited by Redem; 10-02-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Comparing this to episode 1 this season...ewww. This is terrible. Stan seems to be in Peter Griffin territory, seeming to do all these horrible things purposely. 1.5/5. Rounds out to 2/5 on the poll I guess.

500-year-old Mongoose Cow zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode was a bit too violent and surreal to come off completley for me.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Extremely dark and violent episode but still had several nice bits, Roger punting Klaus comes to mind. Didn't like the dark humor around Roger's girlfriend though and the Stan making things worse thing got real old near the end. Nicholas Cage diatribe was pointless. Also another example of the Principal being wacky for the hell of it that I never find funny. Still, I'll give it a 3/5 just for the gloomy atmosphere and being better than Family Guy not that that's much of an accomplishment. Didn't bother with Cleveland tonight.
    Last edited by Oh, that's raspberry!; 10-03-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Blog Entries

I love how the Cleveland Show and Family Guy episodes are just terrible at dealing with their version of this hurricane plot, then American Dad from the first minute already produces more laughs and clever ideas than those two combined. Roger drowning his "girlfriend" was one of the funniest, darkest jokes I've seen the show do. Love it.

The worst part was probably the forced crossover at the end, which didn't even make sense considering how the two previous episodes ended.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan o View Post
    The worst part was probably the forced crossover at the end, which didn't even make sense considering how the two previous episodes ended.
    I have to agree, I mean all three episodes led to this? They could be standalone episodes if they wern't marketed in such a way as being connected to an "event".

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    I have to agree, I mean all three episodes led to this? They could be standalone episodes if they wern't marketed in such a way as being connected to an "event".
    Well arguably all three episodes have similiar storyline, the family stuck in their home and there is somekind of crisis going on onto the family

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    (and they should have left stan being right once)
    I have to disagree - that would have been way too obvious. It was much funnier for Stan to regain his confidence, think he finally had a foolproof solution, and then fuck things up even worse. The bear's disbelieving head shake after he impaled Francine with his javelin was utterly priceless.

Another vote for this being the best of the night. The house floating away and flipping upside down, Klaus freaking out in the salt water, Roger drowning his girlfriend, Hayley being attacked by a shark...this is exactly the sort of thing I knew American Dad would do with an event like this; take the premise to its most ridiculous extremes and beyond, all in the name of the biggest possible laughs. There's no kill like overkill.

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    Well arguably all three episodes have similiar storyline, the family stuck in their home and there is somekind of crisis going on onto the family
    Yeah but that's about it... I mean if we see these episodes in Syndication then we'd be unaware it was made for a crossover "event".

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Yeah but that's about it... I mean if we see these episodes in Syndication then we'd be unaware it was made for a crossover "event".
    I've just realise how increasingly annoying the ending of this episode will become as time goes on

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stan increasingly fucking shit up at the end was so great

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

This episode was OK, the best of the three hurricane episodes I suppose, but still nothing great. A little too dark for my tastes at times, and it still fell back on the "Stan has to learn a lesson" crutch that the show uses over and over again.

The tie in at the end was absolutely pointless. They might has well have just said "Hey, thanks for sticking through these three unrelated, non-noteworthy episodes that we marketed as being tie-ins." What a severely missed opportunity at doing a creative, triple-episode plot cross over.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

meh, you have to think of syndication. The episodes had to be stand-alones to still be able to run then

Ah, yeah, I didn't think of that. Still, more than two nods to the other episodes would have been nice.

I really wish that every time I tuned in to American Dad, I didn't have to see a character wrangled into a bloody mess. There are better ways to be entertaining than to one-up last week's shock factor. I respect Bob's Burgers and The Simpsons for finding other ways to deliver laughs (although I admit, Family Guy still delivers the hardest laughs when the gag isn't awful like Peter shooting Joe in the eye or Peter getting off to a video of an African blood diamond slave being murdered). That's what happens when 75% of your whole programming lineup is headed by the same guy, though. I've found that Family Guy and American Dad (I don't do The Cleveland Show) tend to just be awkward to watch in large group settings because of the number of jokes that are too offensive or just plain ol' tank. Like Stan shooting Francine at the end of this one. There was just silence among us all.

I gave a 3/5, but I'd probably go lower.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Yeah, I agree. and American Dad seems to be the worst about showing the characters get brutally mangled, which is a shame, because otherwise I think its the best of the Seth shows. I'll never understand why they think that stuff is funny or edgy and it surprises me that the shows continue to stay popular.

these first two episodes show just how far ahead American Dad! is between the rest of Animation Domination(except Bob's Burgers)

Blog Entries

In my eyes, American Dad! is starting to suck, which bothers me, as I've always considered it to be the strongest McFarlane show.

The problem is that the whole episode was an exercise as to presenting Stan Smith as being more like Peter Griffin. It's not even in an innocent manner, as Stan realizes that he threatens his family with every plan, only to follow along by frying Roger and (the lowest moment in the episode) harpooning Francine. He wasn't intentional, but the fact that he doesn't learn a thing (even after Francine reminds him, Stan insists he will always try and do something, even if it has fatal results).

The only funny parts were the sub-plot with that woman whom Roger was with who always seemed to be attracted by everything he did, and actually survived that stag antler chandelier just to annoy Roger further.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Roger's behaviour towards the unwanted girlfriend was a bit far, but pretty much what we've come to expect from him - the ways she managed to still be there to annoy him were priceless and made up for it, and how he eventually casually drowned her was so in-character that I can't criticize it. I thought that the violence was going a bit far this time, but the way that (unlike the other two shows) they managed to incorporate so much into a hurricane storyline and still take the moral high ground as far as semi-killing people off in non-disaster related ways is actually commendable. I wouldn't have said that if this was the series which just did a domestic violence storyline, but because American Dad has to be considered apart from Family Guy, their choices of violence seemed to take more responsibility for the section of the audience affected by real natural disasters. On second thoughts, Family Guy may have been wise to avoid a violent hurricane episode. Did they ever label this a "crossover", or was it just a theme? I can forgive them for not extending this into an hour and a half long joint TV movie if the latter is the case. In conclusion, I don't even know what to say - this was packed full of drama and humour, which is such a contrast to everything else I've seen from MacFarlane's shows this season that it's almost a relief!

I think American Dad still has far to go as a series, and I really hope that the rest of this season will prove me right. It has absolutely no reason to become as pointless as Family Guy, and I hope they hire extra writers if it starts to go that way.

Banned

Not up to American Dad's fine standards. 1/5

Not very memorable episode.

But Stan spearing Francine was hilarious.

3/5
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Blog Entries

Very enjoyable. 5/5

Blog Entries

Wow um I really dropped the ball on this one. Rewatching it on Netflix it's absolutely hilarious. Love how they make you believe Stan will "learn his lesson" but progressively makes things worse and never learns anything. The only real bad part is the senseless violence and cringeworthy ending they were forced to tag on with Peter and Cleveland. That also confirms that American Dad has better animation than Family Guy does because Peter and Cleveland look like season 6 or 7 Family Guy animation and when Stan was on Family Guy a few weeks ago he was stiff as every Family Guy since season 8. 4/5.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah this a 5/5 episode and the best of that "night of the hurricane" event. The Cleveland Show episode actually was pretty funny and had a decent musical number. "Seahorse Seashell Party" was an abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

By far this was the best of the Hurricane trilogy, The Cleveland Show one was pretty damn bad but the Seashore Party was even worse somehow.
    But Hurricane was actually a decent episode, above average at least.

Blog Entries

the family guy hurricane ep is possibly the worst of the series

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    i thought you hated "the juice is loose" more?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

fair enough

i'd say it's worse than juice is loose

Thread Information