Page 88 of 108 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3218

Thread: Welcome to the NHC: New Members, Introduce Yourself Here

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hi im new n.n

Blog Entries

Why hello there! Enjoy your stay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

hey y'all i'm new to the forum, but not to spending way too much of my time thinking about the simpsons!

i have a question for any older members - is there somewhere i can find a little summary of what people mean when they say things like 'the scully years' and 'the jean era' -- i understand i can look up the years, but i feel like people are also referring to a sort of generally understood aesthetic/humor/whatever for that period, and a general consensus on each one's merit. i feel like googling this would get me results that are way more in depth than what i'm looking for, i just want to get the general idea.

(hope that question makes sense)

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First off, welcome.

The Scully era denotes episodes that were made under the tenure of Mike Scully, which, other than a few holdovers, runs from seasons 9 to 12. They're characterized by their wacky plots, off-the-wall humor, and the personality often referred to as "jerkass Homer," in which he's a jerk for no real reason. That type of characterization for him rose to prominence during the Scully years.

The Jean era goes from season 13 to the present. Since it's such a large era, it's hard to give it consistent characteristics. The episodes from around seasons 13-16 are sometimes considered better than the Scully era, but don't take that as gospel; it's a very divisive opinion. He toned Homer down a little, made him less of a jerk, and instilled some emotion back into the episodes, although it was at the sacrifice of some humor. From around season 17 on, though, it lost a lot of the characteristics of what he did to keep the show decent, and a lot of the episodes just became boring. They lost the humor and emotion they had in his earlier years, and now it looks like nobody really cares anymore.

Those are actually six "eras" if you go by showrunner. I just remembered some extremely in-depth posts about the nuances of the first four, which are commonly called the "classic era." I will link you to them if you are interested:

Groening/Brooks/Simon (seasons 1-2)
    Jean/Reiss (seasons 3-4)
    Mirkin (seasons 5-6)
    Oakley/Weinstein (seasons 7-8)
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

welcome to the site newbies. glad to see new posters

Blog Entries

Hello, everyone. I'm pretty new to the site, as far as I can tell. I promise I will be kind and help out as much as I can. I remembered watching The Simpsons when I was little. But now I'm all grown up and I still watch a bit of the show from time to time. I'll be very polite and talk as much as I can, okay?

Junior Camper ZOIDBERG RODRIGUEZ's Avatar

can someone please direct me to the Simpsons Movie Rate and review thread ?

Blog Entries

You could easily find it by searching, but here: http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...SIMPSONS-MOVIE

Hello. I'm Wyngarde, I enjoy the Simpsons. I actually wrote a paper about it at college, examining and explaining why its the most universal TV show there's ever been and how important and groundbreaking it once was... and why in its golden era - it was the greatest sitcom of all time.
    I stopped watching around season 12.
    I'm 26, have an exemplary work record and a moustache.*

*(I don't have a moustache.)

*(or an exemplary work record.)

Blog Entries

Welcome.

Watch more Simpsons. There are some good episodes after season 12.

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post

The Jean era goes from season 13 to the present. Since it's such a large era, it's hard to give it consistent characteristics. The episodes from around seasons 13-16 are sometimes considered better than the Scully era, but don't take that as gospel; it's a very divisive opinion. He toned Homer down a little, made him less of a jerk, and instilled some emotion back into the episodes, although it was at the sacrifice of some humor. From around season 17 on, though, it lost a lot of the characteristics of what he did to keep the show decent, and a lot of the episodes just became boring. They lost the humor and emotion they had in his earlier years, and now it looks like nobody really cares anymore.
    Isnt Jeans era is split in two as pre-HD and post-HD? Also, I thought that people found HD seasons to be too emotional to the point of being too sappy and smarmy at the expense of humour and that's where the boring opinion came from.
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Blog Entries

i recommend you watch some later episodes, it's still watchable for the most part past s12 till I'd say at least 22, probably earlier/later depending on who you ask

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Welcome.

Watch more Simpsons. There are some good episodes after season 12.
    I have given it a try - I've probably watched maybe a dozen or so epsiodes here and there from 13 through to about 18 but even the odd ep where Simpsons fans whose opinions I've trusted have said 'no really, X is actually an okay episode' - I've watched it and I still didn't enjoy it. I've wanted to, I really have. I have such goodwill for the show, but...

Blog Entries

All right, you're free to have your opinions. As long as you kept an open mind and really did try to enjoy the episodes.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the board, member-who-likes-the-look-of-the-board-but-still-only-will-make-about-10-posts #9318148681591594.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

You're gonna look silly when Wyngarde becomes a beloved part of the community!

Blog Entries

don't you dare leave us again. Users are a precious resource that cannot be diminished

Blog Entries

if you like ween so much why don't you marry it!!!!!

Blog Entries

Can't Be Weaned Off Ween

Blog Entries

kim smoltz, i'm gonna need you to change your username to something non-w**n related. to keep the dogs in their cage, if you'll allow me to use an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kim smoltz View Post
    Maybe I'm the one who told 'em to get back together.
    you monster

Blog Entries

mr kim smoltz does not deserve this kind of scorn upon his return!! living in west yorkshire must be bad enough without internet fiends hounding him

Blog Entries

(I hope you realize I'm not being totally serious with any of this. the WeenGang directing chats on here toward ween is a bit of an inside joke by now. welcome back)

Blog Entries

everyone's just bored. it's the day after thanksgiving

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

mfw people that live outside of U S A actin coy about livin outside of U S A ------------------->

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wh

Blog Entries

remember when Kim Smoltz first joined and got the WeenGang thrilled before he even made a post

good times

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Stunning twist.

Blog Entries

Well a new member that isnt just Lol New Simpsons Rules is pre exciting and rare nowadays

Thread Information