Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3304

Thread: Welcome to the NHC: New Members, Introduce Yourself Here

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome! To change profile picture go to settings, select Change Avatar and choose from the preset ones or get one from the Web.

New here. I registered cuz I'm trying to search threads, but search don't work right now, so I guess I'll ask here:

Has anybody run TWO SEPARATE polls asking when the golden age of the show began and ended respectively? My gut tells me the consensus is roughly 1-8, but I know people like having variants that hover around those two numbers. 2-9, 3-10, etc. I just wanna see some data on this and I'd start said polls myself but I guess I can't start threads cuz I'm new. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Welcome, After one post, you can make threads, as it to prevent spam. I don't know how to make 2 threads, but here's how I do it: When making a thread, choose the number of options you need, and once you create a thread, just type in your choices:
    1: 1-8
    2: 1-9
    3: 1-10
    4: 2-8
    5: 2-9
    6: 2-10
    7: 3-8
    8: 3-9
    9: 3-10
    Hope that helps.

Send thousands of warm hugs to everyone

Blog Entries

Welcome!
    Last edited by Return Of The Living Trab; 07-31-2020 at 03:45 AM.

Hello from Singapore! As you might have guessed from my username, I was born in 1990! But I didn't actually get around to catching up with The Simpsons 'till late last year. I'll be watching season 5 very soon.

Currently, I'm catching up with four different '90s TV series in rotation: The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and of course, The Simpsons. What I mean by "rotation" is that I would switch to the next show in line after every season (with the exception of Buffy and Angel, since they sort of come together and I watch them side-by-side). I just finished Buffy season 4/Angel season 1 today, so now it's the Simpsons' turn again, then The X-Files season 5, and so on.

It's hard to remember which are specifically my favorite Simpsons episodes because of my super-bad memory, but from what I remember, these are my favorites. Note that most of these are emotional and tearjerking episodes. As much as I love how The Simpsons keeps me laughing, I just looove to cry, and The Simpsons gave me many opportunities to do so:

- Lisas Substitute
    - Bart Gets an "F"
    - Moaning Lisa
    - Homer's Odyssey
    - Stark Raving Dad
    - Lisa's First Word

As you can tell, my favorite Simpsons character is Lisa Simpson. She's kind, she's an independent female character, and she still finds time to have fun, not to mention being a wonderful musician. Bart comes second, and I do love Nancy's witty portrayal. There have been many times when Bart keeps me laughing throughout the seasons, especially his many hilarious prank calls. I love that in the Family Guy crossover, it's reflective of how smart Bart and the Simpsons' jokes are compared to the likes of Stewie and Family Guy's more crude humor lacking in subtlety.

One thing I feel like I should mention is how underrated The Simpsons Movie feels in hindsight. There are a couple of moments here I really like, especially Marge's painful video confession to Homer:

Marge: "Lately, what's keeping us together is my ability to overlook everything you do. And I overlook these things because..."
    Homer: "Because...?"
    Marge: "Well, that's the thing... I just-I just don't know how to finish that sentence anymore."

Ouch. Considering how many seasons there have been prior to the movie, and how long Homer has probably been neglecting Marge, this scene was agonizing to watch because there's so much truth to Marge's words. Often, movie adaptations of a long-running TV series are satisfied with just making a bigger scale version of an ordinary episode, but I applaud The Simpsons for taking that leap of character development. Homer seeing their wedding video taped over as Marge as said, realizing he has truly screwed up this time, was the punch in the gut cherry-on-top. God, it's so well-written:

I heard that the series was supposed to end after the movie, and looking back at how the movie tied up quite a number of character arcs, especially Marge and Homer here, it makes perfect sense.

Most of my interests and favorite video games could be found in my profile, but I'll elaborate a bit more about myself here: I enjoy watching anime, movies and just plain good drama. Currently, alongside the three '90s series in rotation, I'm also watching Kaiji, a gambling anime, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, a political space opera (think Star Trek but without the aliens). I'm a 30 year old Chinese with an interest in scriptwriting, and my favorite movies are Toy Story 2 and 3 (along with a number of Pixar films).

That's all about me for now. Hope to make your acquaintance and 'tis a pleasure to meet yall!

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Borner1990 View Post
    Hello from Singapore! As you might have guessed from my username, I was born in 1990! But I didn't actually get around to catching up with The Simpsons 'till late last year. I'll be watching season 5 very soon.

Currently, I'm catching up with four different '90s TV series in rotation: The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and of course, The Simpsons. What I mean by "rotation" is that I would switch to the next show in line after every season (with the exception of Buffy and Angel, since they sort of come together and I watch them side-by-side). I just finished Buffy season 4/Angel season 1 today, so now it's the Simpsons' turn again, then The X-Files season 5, and so on.

It's hard to remember which are specifically my favorite Simpsons episodes because of my super-bad memory, but from what I remember, these are my favorites. Note that most of these are emotional and tearjerking episodes. As much as I love how The Simpsons keeps me laughing, I just looove to cry, and The Simpsons gave me many opportunities to do so:

- Lisa’s Substitute
    - Bart Gets an "F"
    - Moaning Lisa
    - Homer's Odyssey
    - Stark Raving Dad
    - Lisa's First Word

As you can tell, my favorite Simpsons character is Lisa Simpson. She's kind, she's an independent female character, and she still finds time to have fun, not to mention being a wonderful musician. Bart comes second, and I do love Nancy's witty portrayal. There have been many times when Bart keeps me laughing throughout the seasons, especially his many hilarious prank calls. I love that in the Family Guy crossover, it's reflective of how smart Bart and the Simpsons' jokes are compared to the likes of Stewie and Family Guy's more crude humor lacking in subtlety.

One thing I feel like I should mention is how underrated The Simpsons Movie feels in hindsight. There are a couple of moments here I really like, especially Marge's painful video confession to Homer:

Marge: "Lately, what's keeping us together is my ability to overlook everything you do. And I overlook these things because..."
    Homer: "Because...?"
    Marge: "Well, that's the thing... I just-I just don't know how to finish that sentence anymore."

Ouch. Considering how many seasons there have been prior to the movie, and how long Homer has probably been neglecting Marge, this scene was agonizing to watch because there's so much truth to Marge's words. Often, movie adaptations of a long-running TV series are satisfied with just making a bigger scale version of an ordinary episode, but I applaud The Simpsons for taking that leap of character development. Homer seeing their wedding video taped over as Marge as said, realizing he has truly screwed up this time, was the punch in the gut cherry-on-top. God, it's so well-written:

I heard that the series was supposed to end after the movie, and looking back at how the movie tied up quite a number of character arcs, especially Marge and Homer here, it makes perfect sense.

Most of my interests and favorite video games could be found in my profile, but I'll elaborate a bit more about myself here: I enjoy watching anime, movies and just plain good drama. Currently, alongside the three '90s series in rotation, I'm also watching Kaiji, a gambling anime, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, a political space opera (think Star Trek but without the aliens). I'm a 30 year old Chinese with an interest in scriptwriting, and my favorite movies are Toy Story 2 and 3 (along with a number of Pixar films).

That's all about me for now. Hope to make your acquaintance and 'tis a pleasure to meet yall!
    Do love that scene. One of the only times The Simpsons has almost brought me to tears. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990

Blog Entries

Welcome!

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990

Escuchame? Bloodcurdling Sandurt's Avatar

Welcome to the forum have a good time on here.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990

Hello, first time caller....

I felt nostalgic today for many things, one was The Simpsons and the other was using a forum to discuss the things I like rather than the cursed social media. Looking forward to reading your threads and slowly getting the confidence to provide some of my own garbled musings.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhataboutSundays? View Post
    Hello, first time caller....

I felt nostalgic today for many things, one was The Simpsons and the other was using a forum to discuss the things I like rather than the cursed social media. Looking forward to reading your threads and slowly getting the confidence to provide some of my own garbled musings.

I hope all is well with everyone.
    Welcome, hope you have a nice time.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

Hello all from Australia! Always loved watching some Simpsons when I was growing up, and over the past couple of months have become a bit more nostalgic and started watching some old episodes, as well as some of the modern ones, once again. Thought this would be a good way to share some thoughts on the show

Also, is the search function currently not working? Keep getting an error code whenever I try to do so

Blog Entries

Welcome!
    Yep, the search feature is down, and it has been for a while.

Hey! My name is Savanah. Im a HUGE Simpsons fan. Ive been watching earliest to me being 8! I love everything about the Simpsons, and I love how its on Disney plus now! Im so excited to be a member of the No Homers Club. As I was reading theories and threads about what 486.52 meant on the cash register, I was so surprised to see people here from 2009! Just thought that was so cool. My favorite characters are definitely Bart, Homer, and Ned. I can relate to Barts rebellious side so much, Homer is just a mood and a goof, and Ned is in his own world haha. Im a huge fan of the shows

Family Guy

South Park

Futurama

And anything like that!
    I was hoping to make some friends on here, that way we can talk all about the Simpsons and stuff like that. I love the idea of talking to people who have the same interests as I do. Im so glad to be here, even as a newbie who just joined, its so nice to meet you all!!

I have an Instagram account for the Simpsons called
    thexsimpsonsx

If you want to talk on there, dm me! Always happy to chat with everyone.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

BTW: I don't have a Instagram account, just to tell you.

Escuchame? Bloodcurdling Sandurt's Avatar

Welcome! Have a great time on this fourm I'm also a fan of Futurama and FG so that's cool!

Junior Camper

hi, i just got back into this show for the first time in a while during quarantine and bc i have a lot of time now (due to bad air quality where i live it is unsafe to go outside, and covid is still spreading). i've been really on a big kick with it lately so i started lurking here to see what peoples opinions were, why not. so i figured i should make an account and maybe post myself here.
    i hope whoever's reading has a nice day and i hope to have good chats with the userbase here

Blog Entries

Welcome to NoHomers, @Alura! Hope you have a nice time here.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Dont Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Cant See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

Hi, this isn't my first account here.

Blog Entries

Welcome back! Just a question, what was your former account?

(ah, you're 77-X-42)

Hi everyone my name is arad ralami, so I searched about Simpsons seasons and I found this community so i decided to join your forum, hope we have a great time with each other here, my other hobbies are watching movies and anime. Sorry for my bad English it's my second language.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

I love these types of adult animated shows

Hello! I started with family guy as a teen as many of us gen z folk do, not so much into it anymore. After I got into American Dad, then I saw every episode of the Simpsons. I am up to until the very last season (2020). I used to pirate all the Simpsons episodes when I had a PC and somehow figured it out. I like that many of the writers are math and science type people like me and think the jokes are very clever. I also like Futurama and not very into Disenchantment. I wouldn't lump Rick and Morty into this but its amazing as well. But I do like the Cleveland Show and find any animated series that Seth Macfarlane does to be irresistible. But my favorite is American Dad, I like the drama between the characters and the very real and gritty scenes, feelings and reactions that they have. Something about the realness and intensity of it makes me obsessed.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the boards!

Hi, I've been a big fan of the Simpsons since first watching it as a kid in the early 90s and even after all these years and countless rewatches still love the show.

Blog Entries

Welcome!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the NHC!
    Last edited by Return Of The Living Trab; 10-08-2020 at 12:01 PM.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sandboy

Hi, Im a big fan of the simpsons since i saw them for the first time when i was seven years old

Blog Entries

Welcome to the NHC!

Thread Information