Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Phineas & Ferb Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I can already picture the ending:

Phineas and Ferb are bored one summer afternoon and decide to do something wacky. Perry the Platypus, meanwhile, needs to stop Doofenshmirtz from doing something evil within the tri-county area. Of course, there's a musical number.

I think they're gonna go out with quite a bang of originality.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Sad news. I watched the show from the beginning up until early Season 4. It used to be my favorite show.
    I'll be coming back to watch the finale.
    RIP.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

I'm happy they're ending it. While Nick continues to milk SpongeBob for all it's worth, Disney smartly ends the show when it starts to get stale. It had a good run and may be hard for any other Disney show to beat for a while. I hope this is a planned final and not a last minute thing where they expected to have more episodes after, there for not having proper ending. Either way I'll be watching it this June.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMario View Post
    I'm happy they're ending it. While Nick continues to milk SpongeBob for all it's worth, Disney smartly ends the show when it starts to get stale. It had a good run and may be hard for any other Disney show to beat for a while. I hope this is a planned final and not a last minute thing where they expected to have more episodes after, there for not having proper ending. Either way I'll be watching it this June.
    I agree. In my opinion the show started to decline just a bit, and I think it's a smart move to end it while it's still good. They could still revive it in the future though, but let's hope they put it to rest for good.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

A good show. Haven't watched it in awhile, but if all the episodes are on Netflix, I might watch the whole thing through. It was probably time to end it, though--public interest in it has waned for awhile and it didn't seem like they were doing much new stuff with the formula.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

At first I didn't even know it was still airing new episodes till someone recommended me that this is apparently one of the shows thats better then modern Simpsons. I didn't really care for the new episodes though, always felt like they were just rehashing stuff at that point. The old episodes are really good and it was pretty much the only show worth watching from modern Disney. I remember hearing that the show wasn't even made to last this long, but apparently the fans wanted more.

Its a good show but I honestly don't care that its cancelled. I might take a look at that Perry the Platypus spin-off, most of the time I watched P&P for him alone anyway.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

but a perry the platypus-centric show is what i always wanted so this is gonna RULE

Blog Entries

Ha ha, I just what I guess was the second to last episode where all the characters are aged up. I have to say it might have been even more cringey and fan fictiony then the SIMPS future eps. I guess if I really watched the show more I'd be into it more but it was really lame. Anyways gonna watch the final ep now, airs in a few minutes.

Watched the final, I liked it. It wasn't the best final ever or anything but I wasn't disappointed but it. I also watched the first episode to compare and see if anything had changed. Phineas voice sounds different in the first episode. I think it's deeper.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed it. Kind of felt a bit of the Futurama finale in there when time kept repeating at the end. Liked that didn't try going to overboard with anything, just going with a fun plot and doing their usual enjoyable stuff while hitting some finale marks there with the songs and Doofensmirtz. Haven't seen the episode with them all grown up yet, but I'm glad they ended on this than what seems like a really lame set in stone future for the characters.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Yeah was never too into this show so I don't think this had as much of an impact on me then it would on actual fans. I didn't think it was particularly funny or all that interesting, pretty standard plot from what I could tell.

Blog Entries

that was... alright. the concept was cute, but you could just tell there really needed to be a moment between candace and phineas and ferb to contrast with doof and vanessa. the very fact that they just completely brush off candace's obsession kind of makes the entire finale feel pointless. I always liked that longest day of summer episode as it actually explores something about phineas, which the show usually never does. when candace admits that she's the one who started the time loop, I totally thought, "okay this is it. they're finally just going to address the elephant in the room and confront the busting thing"... and then they don't. and the episode ends with her and the kids (seriously, doesn't candace have a boyfriend and stacy?!) just laughing together. I guess candace learned her lesson when she lost her two brothers, and treasures them more than any satisification that busting will do.

oh wait they did that same idea in a TON OF EPISODES BEFORE THIS. and yea, I'm being harsh because this is the series finale. it felt weirdly rushed, almost to a point of, "well we don't want to really do this but disney pulled the plug on us and we're not popular anymore so fuck it here's one more story and a nostalgic song capper!" and yes, I know that's exactly how dan and swampy felt, and I totally think they tied things together the most they could but they refused on fully kiboshing their formula most likely out of some insane hope that two decades from now they'll be in their sixties doing the phineas and ferb revival special or series or something.

and that kinda stinks, because we have no idea if that'll happen. full closure isn't the worst thing in the world.

sigh whatever I am thinking way too much for this show, I know, but they've proved themselves in the past. ah well. I think P&F is old enough (eight years) to the point where kids growing up on it are already looking back on it nostalgically, and it's nowhere near the most popular kids cartoons nowadays but it paved the path for such an awesome revival in childrens entertainment. ultimately that can not be ignored.

good show
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Banned

Indeed some sad news. I am looking forward to see Last Days of Summer.

Blog Entries

as a fellow verified 41 year old, same

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

I caught the finale the other day, it was alright. I liked that they kept it sorta simple instead of trying to shoehorn in every character/tie up every "loose end."

I think my interest in this show completely died after the second dimension movie. it feels really dated next to gravity falls.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Starting to get into this show. I watched Across The 2nd Dimension two weeks ago, and the series finale last week. And in between that, just a bunch of clips and songs on YouTube. Might start watching it from start to finish. I've obviously seen a bunch of episodes from when it was constantly on TV a few years ago. Dubbed, of course. I'm just really not a fan of the 10 minute episode format. I think it's too short. I prefer shows with 20 minute episodes.

Blog Entries

One thing I can say though (This is speaking from memory, like, 2011 probably) I remember Phineas being nothing but a plot device. Just to give Candace a reason to bust them. He always seemed to be happy, enjoying everything, never questioned anyone etc. Just this generic, positive, always fun-having character from all kids shows. Which is why I found it kind of odd to see him get mad at Perry in The 2nd Dimension. And I never found him, Ferb and their friends just... Having fun to be that entertaining. Best part of the show was probably Doof and Perry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    I think my interest in this show completely died after the second dimension movie. it feels really dated next to gravity falls.
    old as dirt post I know but this is the same problem I currently have with their new show. it's obvious that the two are pressured by Disney to deliver a very similar product but it's hard to deny that kids animation has evolved significantly to the point where these shows almost feel like they should be on Disney Junior.

to that point: I've heard Milo Murphy might move to Disney Channel away from XD which makes me think they recognize this fact.

Blog Entries

Okay so I watched the first three episodes yesterday. Ten minutes is seriously too short to tell a story. Everything feels super rushed. The Perry and Doof stuff way too quick. Like, Perry gets captured... Scene is over... Later when their story continues... He escapes and destroys the inator. That's it. Understandable, these were just the first three. But Doof was so awfully introduced...

Blog Entries

I have also already seen most of season 1 episodes several times. Like, so many damn times. They were like the ONLY episodes they used to play, even in 2011 or so. So I've gotten so fucking bored with them, but if I'm doing a full series watching, gotta get through 'em.

Blog Entries

it might be interesting to do a rewatch of the first couple seasons and watch the episodes I haven't seen. somewhere along the way my interest in the show just died, which is kind of weird because I was really into it for a while when I first watched. the episode that got me into it was Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together

Blog Entries

I used to watch the show, lost interest around the start of Season 4.

Is it me or is Phineas and Ferb experiencing some kind of revival in popularity lately? People are posting memes, and videos celebrating the show, and giving it tonnes of praise for it's smart, observational humor, and catchy tunes.

It wasn't that long ago when everyone was shitting on Phineas and Ferb. In 2012 to mid 2018, Phineas and Ferb was DESTROYED. The show went from being really popular to being one of the most maligned and hated cartoons in the span of only a few years. People had completely turned against it, to the extent of refusing to admit they ever liked it, and were attacking it constantly for having a formula, bland characters, songs in every episode, and not developing it's characters. The ratings went down, and people hated it so much that they were comparing it to Johnny Test. You couldn't go as such as any website without people crapping on it at least once. In 2013, Mission Marvel got a universally negative response by almost everyone, and people boycotted it based on their hate for Phineas and Ferb alone. By 2014, I knew very little people that actually liked it anymore, and when it ended, more people were glad than disappointed to see it end. It was so matrimonally bashed, that it was one of the most hated cartoons of all time, if not the most hated. Disney even cancelled the movie, pulled the merchandise out of stores, and refused to acknowledge the show for a while because of how unpopular it became. It was considered laughable if you still watched it by 2015.

Fast forward to December 2018, and this year, people love it again, and act like they never hated it. Even people who were bashing it are now saying good things about it, and the Phineas and Ferb and Milo Murphy's Law crossover was met with a positive response. When the Disney+ movie was announced, the internet blew up with excitement and there wasn't a single negative comment on it. This is a different ballgame to 2013, when people were trashing the show as if it was the worst thing to happen to animation, and hated it so much that they formed a mob against Mission Marvel. If this was announced in 2013, people would be boycotting it.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Dan and Swampy’s work, what do you think of Milo Murphy’s Law?
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

This is what I like the most about forums.
    Going back and seeing how people felt about things in certain years or, in this case, before a show was cancelled/while it was still airing.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Thread Information