Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Phineas & Ferb Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

The Phineas & Ferb Thread

This show has been going on for over three years now, and I noticed there are quite a few fans on NHC. Truth be told, I just started getting into it, since much of the series is available for streaming on Netflix.

I like it a lot! It's a well-written, creative, family-friendly cartoon that has surprisingly quality music and a lot of good-natured humor. While it does stick to a formula, it's a formula that's endearing and comfortable, and the show hardly ever reverts to cheap shots (case in point, not a single character in the cartoon is "the dumb one" or "the jerk," unlike so many comedies today).

All in all, it's just a well-crafted cartoon show and solid entertainment. Discuss it here.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

I just love how positive it is... usually when you have kid supergeniuses in cartoons they're socially ostracized and they have to keep their projects a secret (intelligence is something to be ashamed of I guess?) but phineas and ferb don't try to hide their stuff and they're well-respected & beloved in their community. it's a good message

pretty much the only thing I don't like is that irving kid... does every show need to have a "comic book guy"-type character?

also: it's really cool that the two biggest kid cartoons of the past decade, this and spongebob, were begat by rocko's modern life alumni

I'm not really into the show all that much. But I can see how it's so popular, it's a very unique and fun show.

Blog Entries

my roommates are obsessed with this show now but have left me out of the loop

whenever i pass by and see them watching it i'm just kind of like "eh" but i don't really know what's going on

Blog Entries

I've heard a lot about this show from friends and stuff, even much more than Adventure Time, and if it's on netflix might as well give it a chance.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Love this show. Hell, it's one of the few cartoons I even watch nowadays. Who else is looking forward to the movie tomorrow night?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

I didn't realize until fairly recently how popular this apparently is with a lot of adults? I saw some of it last year while babysitting and kind of had Jordan's "eh" reaction, but it definitely seemed cleverer and less obnoxious than most children's fare.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

I haven't watched in almost a year but Jamie pretty much summed it up...show made me want to smile all day after seeing it. Just fun and laughs, clever jokes, and I always enjoy espionage. And yeah there's a decent amount of stuff aimed at adults. Since my buddies watch this, Adventure Time, and old Chowder reruns, it gives me reasons to go back to this for sure. And like Triforce, I love the music. Catchy stuff.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

I just watched a few episodes on the flix, and while this isn't uber Animaniacs-level brilliance like the hype suggests, it's pretty fun, warm and clever filled with zany sight gags and chirpy music. I'll agree with Jamie that the main characters are refreshing, literally the two coolest kids in the neighborhood who let the secondary characters (who are much more interesting to follow) develop, grow and learn from coping with these shenanigans. It's almost reminiscent of many episodes of Oakley/Weinstein Simpsons, where the family would play the Phineas and Ferb role.

It is kinda weird that the two dudes who created this show also wrote on possibly the most hilariously cynical kids show ever.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never had a desire to watch it

I like that whenever my dad sees that it's on he goes "Oh no, no the triangle face show"

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DotheBartman View Post
    I didn't realize until fairly recently how popular this apparently is with a lot of adults? I saw some of it last year while babysitting and kind of had Jordan's "eh" reaction, but it definitely seemed cleverer and less obnoxious than most children's fare.
    Yeah after hearing a lot of good things, I remember catching bits and pieces of it and thinking it was decent enough, but nothing to go out of my way to watch. A couple things kept me from it a bit--namely the art style (while decent enough) not being particularly great and a couple of the characters feeling a little too one-dimensional at times.

But after giving it a few episodes, a lot of clever ideas and jokes really hit home, such as the way running gags are introduced, lampshaded and inverted, and how pretty much all the characters are just likable in their own ways. I don't want to oversell it or anything because I know how repeatedly hearing about something can give one the impression that it's on a pedestal, but it's reputation as a quality cartoon is warranted, I'd say.

Blog Entries

Watched some more because hey I've got nothing else to do today, and it's easily getting better as it goes on. The Doofenshmirtz/Perry plots are easily the best thing, I could watch an entire series just based around these two.

500-year-old Mongoose Cow zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phineas and Ferb is the best show on television today. I watch it mostly for the ever enjoyable folleys of Perry the platypus and Dr Doofenshmirtz, who manages to be deep and delightful.
    Dan Povenmire is my hero.
    Last edited by zartok-35; 08-04-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Eh. It's alright. I never had a really huge desire to see the show but from the episodes I do see; it is alright in the fact that it provides entertainment, it's intelligent and well, it's mostly well written.

With a 2-year old, we've been watching more and more Disney Channel, and it's easy to get hooked into this show when it pops on. I agree with all points above. I love that it's always positive, and that Phineas and Ferb are "nerds" who are socially adjusted and don't live in fear of persecution.
    R is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it murder, not muckduck.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

the first time i saw this show, i only watched it because there was nothing else on. it was 'it's about time!' when phineas, ferb and candace go back in time to the age of dinosaurs. it was really entertaining and i started watching. season one was great, and most of s2 was, but some of the later episodes haven't been great imo. but it's been a while since i last saw a new one. i just checked on netflix and they have the episodes i haven't seen (which would include the last like 3-4 episodes of s2 and pretty much everything but the clip-show from s3). so i might watch and see if i like them. like i said, i really enjoyed season one and most of season 2, so maybe these episodes are good.

did anyone see the tv movie? was it good?

Blog Entries

Yes, yes it was.

I don't know why everyone is ragging on the current state of the show. What is this? Alt.TV.Phineas and Ferb?? The show is just fine, and funnier than ever! Watch the 'Home on the road' video I posted.

Blog Entries

I kinda now want someone to ask me "aren't you a little old to be watching Phineas and Ferb?"

Blog Entries

Aren't you a little old to be watching Phineas and Ferb?

Blog Entries

Why yes, yes I am.

Blog Entries

the movie was real good in my estimation

disney channel commercials make me want to claw my eyes out though

Blog Entries

I recorded it so I don't deal with that nonsense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryan o View Post
    Why yes, yes I am.
    So this seriously is a kids show, right? I caught a bit of it flicking through the channels once and didn't think it was for somebody like me. The only kid show I really like is Rocko's Modern Life (and not the nostalgia speaking - the other shows I watched from that time are enjoyable, but nothing I'd go out of my way to see).

If this show is actually good, I might give it a watch, but I can't tell if the people in this thread are being serious or not. Or do they think it's good compared to the other disney/nickelodeon 'kid" shows?

Same feelings with that whole My Little Ponies fascination, ugh wut?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity Pumpkin View Post
    So this seriously is a kids show, right? I caught a bit of it flicking through the channels once and didn't think it was for somebody like me. The only kid show I really like is Rocko's Modern Life (and not the nostalgia speaking - the other shows I watched from that time are enjoyable, but nothing I'd go out of my way to see).

If this show is actually good, I might give it a watch, but I can't tell if the people in this thread are being serious or not. Or do they think it's good compared to the other disney/nickelodeon 'kid" shows?

First off it was a ref to a running gag in the series.

Not interested in the My Little Pony craze whatsoever (which is due to the creator of "Foster's" running it), but the show, like I said, is not a primetime animated series that happens to be airing on a kids cable channel. It's about kids, it's whimsical and what not and the spirit is childrens-oriented, but it's fun, witty, warm and clever. If you can get past the childish character designs and the fact that it focuses on these two barely-preteen kids, I'd say it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity Pumpkin View Post
    That's just 4chan fucking with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan o View Post
    Animaniacs-level brilliance
    you lost me here

Blog Entries

Well, I just watched an episode. It wasn't what I expected; pretty funny and watchable. Still, not really for me. Too "wacky" or something. I don't know.

Blog Entries

Don't judge the show completley until you've seen 'Brain drain'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenDonut View Post
    you lost me here
    bah

Thread Information