Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Little things you notice on the millionth watch

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

i mentioned this in a thread i made, but the thread never kicked off. it's a small thing and it's weird i never noticed, but in 'make room for lisa' when lisa eats the sandwich in the sensory depravation tank, i always heard it as 'now i'm DEAD' instead of 'dad'. like i said, it's a small thing, and it's kinda embarrassing i never noticed it, but there ya go

Watching "Itchy and Scratchy Land" for the five hundredth time, I just now noticed that after the Scratchy robot cuts off the two hairs on top of Homer's head, they remain gone for the rest of the episode. Nice touch of continuity.

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I juat rewatched Pranks and Greens, and I never noticed that when the mothers load their children into the ambulance, you can see the original passenger on the stretcher being pushed out onto the street.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

In [NABF15] The Ned-liest Catch,.. I like how Lisa's prepared speach is titled "I have a team"

At the very first seconds of that episode as the camera zooms in through the letter "P" into the school kids gathered on the bleachers, you can [freeze frame] catch sight of lisa sitting in the middle right end. and yet she's also on the gym floor trying to give a pep rally speech. Small editing Error? I think so.

Blog Entries

I noticed this the other day when watching A Star is Born Again. I think that's the title - it's been parodied so many times, but it's the one where Ned dates the movie star played by Marisa Tomei.

Anyway, Ned meets James L Brooks in a dream sequence, and says "Can I call you Jim?", to which he sternly replies, "No."

During the credits, he's credited as Jim Brooks instead of the usual James l Brooks.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Man

Banned

i never quite realised how funny principal skinner was in 'dog of death'

skinner: "a state of the art detention hall, where children are held in place with magnets!"
    teacher: "magnets - always with the magnets."

brockman: "our state schools received a share of the winnings. here the state lotter commissioner presents springfield elementary with a brand new eraser!"
    skinner: "one eraser? oh i'm used to me government betraying me, I WAS IN 'NAM, I...."

Blog Entries

In Bart's Girlfriend, when he circles all the days on the calendar and then says "If I can just go through this many days without seeing her etc", the first day is seen on the calendar to be a Monday, but then they are going to church as if it is a Sunday? I lol'd a little.

Blog Entries

In that same episode, when you look at the calendar, April has 31 days.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not sure if this was mentioned, but in Secrets of a Successful Marriage Homer tells the family it was Lenny who called him a little slow, but it was actually Carl.

Blog Entries

conversely, while april is shown to have 31 days, may is shown to have 30, which is part of the joke (i noticed this on like my first viewing of the episode, just saying).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but in Secrets of a Successful Marriage Homer tells the family it was Lenny who called him a little slow, but it was actually Carl.
    They both called him slow. Homer was probably too slow to remember the initial person who called him it.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Watching Hurricane Neddy for the millionth time, I never noticed that when the family went down in the cellar, in the background you could see the same Xtapolapocetl statue that was in Blood Feud from Season 2

[SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Blog Entries

Yeah, you can see that pretty much every time the family goes to the basement.

Blog Entries

It's the first time I've ever noticed it in an episode that follows Blood Feud.

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was also in "The Day the Violence Died" as well

Blog Entries

The dog they got in Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire appears in another episode too if I recall correctly. Will have to check though.

Blog Entries

was watching "Bart's Inner Child" last night, and this was the first time I noticed that the mattress fort in "Homerland" was a callback to the mattresses Homer mentioned in the classifieds before he saw the trampoline
    Living In a Rock and Roll Fantasy--my music review blog
    Most recent review--The Who's My Generation (12/15)

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Man

Blog Entries

Thanks, ComicShow MolemanBob. I will check that episode out tonight to spot the statue

Blog Entries

In A Star is Torn, Marge said "vegetables, you've been promoted from side dish to entrée!" But she holds up a TOMATO! They're FRUITS, dammit! Boy, I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Blog Entries

I believe you want to post that in this thread: http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...impsons/page23

Blog Entries

Can't. It's closed.

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Yeah for good reason

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I said in my review for the episode, in "Sleeping With the Enemy" when Nelson skunks Sherri and Terri if you watch the skunk during the song it moves its fingers to the tune like Nelson
    Last edited by Oh, that's raspberry!; 06-07-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah. It wasn't the millionth watch, but I noticed it because it was always played on a commercial here. When The Simpsons sing, "We are family!" in Brawl in the Family, Maggie is singing too.

Blog Entries

Just noticed this: In Little Big Girl, there's a book that sys "Geaneology Research." But the word is actually spelled Genealogy.

Blog Entries

In Homer Vs New York, Bart visits Mad Magazine and spots Alfred E Newman.

Alfred: Get me Kaputnik and Fonebone. I want to see their drawings for "New Kids on the Blecch!"

And of course, a later episode about Mad Magazine is titled "New Kids on the Blecch".

Blog Entries

^Officially mindblown

hidle-onar-takan-thran Toomanygrandmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only on my most recent watch of 'Burns, Baby Burns' did I notice that Ned was the first and only person (No. 00001) with a season pass to the cider mill, obviously indicating he is the only person sad enough to join.

I hope this wasn't something obvious that I've been missing all this time
    Poochie needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

I've noticed that Homer wears a white shirt and blue pants during the day unless the story requires him to wear something different.

In Who Shot Mr. Burns Part 2, as Kent Brockman is reading the news of the shooting, a graphic appears to his right. Brockman then moves over so as not to block the graphic. It could just be that he scooted over in his chair, but it looks as if he is being physically pushed aside by the graphic. I don't know if it was shoddy animation or a subtle physical joke. It was actually the first time I watched the episode that I noticed this, because I was looking very closely for potential clues.

Thread Information