View Poll Results: Which episode here deserves to be in the All Star Episode Poll?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Krusty Gets Busted (7G12)

1 1.41%
  • Three Men and a Comic Book (7F21)

3 4.23%
  • Flaming Moe's (8F08)

14 19.72%
  • Last Exit to Springfield (9F15)

25 35.21%
  • Homer Goes to College (1F02)

1 1.41%
  • Itchy & Scratchy Land (2F01)

2 2.82%
  • A Star is Burns (2F31)

2 2.82%
  • King Size Homer (3F05)

3 4.23%
  • Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment (4F15)

7 9.86%
  • Lisa's Sax (3G02)

3 4.23%
  • Lisa Gets an A (AABF03)

0 0%
  • E-I-E-I-D'oh (AABF19)

3 4.23%
  • HOM'R' (BABF22)

2 2.82%
  • Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge (DABF17)

5 7.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: | The Simpsons WILD CARD POLL |

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

| The Simpsons WILD CARD POLL |

LAST EXIT TO SPRINGIFIELD AND FLAMING MOES WILL BOTH BE ENTERED INTO THE SIMPSONS: BEST EPISODE ALL STAR POLL!!!!! THE POLL WILL BE PUT UP TOMORROW, JUNE 9TH, AT 8:00 PM EASTERN! MAY THE BEST EPISODE WIN! CHECK THE BEST/WORST LIST FOR THE COMPLETE LIST OF THE 13 OTHER BEST EPISODE NOMINEES

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW FOR AN EXCITING EVENING AS WE DECIDE AS A MAJORITY THE BEST EPISODE!

Last edited by Mr. Plow; 06-09-2002 at 12:29 PM.

Stonecutter

And can a moderator or Admin make this a sticky poll please? I've noticed that past sticky polls get 90-100 votes as my polls usually get around 30-40, and I want as many people as possible to vote on this poll to get the results accurate as possible. Thanks

is back from the dead

It's a sticky. I voted for "Last Exit" (you know the reasons).

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

I expect Last exit to Springfield to shred through these polls.

$1 naughtier than most

Finally the poll is here!!!

Heres what i think of every episode there:

Krusty gets busted: Good but i am suprised life on the fast lane or Moaning lisa aren't here(superior episodes)however It is a great episode that introduces us to a great character.
    My 64th fave episode.

Three men and a comic book: Although a little dated nowadays it still holds it's own against alot of episodes and will always be in my top 50.
    My 37th fave episode.

Flaming moe's: If this poll had been done a few weeks ago I would have voted for this landmark episode however because of another watching of last exit to springfield I will not vote for it.
    My 9th fave episode.

Last exit to springfield: This is an episode that very recently took me by suprise.
    Wether it be the movie and tv parodies,The brilliant witty wordplay or the great gags this episode is undeniably excellent.
    My 2nd fave episode.

Homer goes to college: A very funny episode which had me rolling around the floor in tears of laughter on occasion.
    I can't unerstand how some people dislike this wonderful episode.
    My 42nd fave episode.

Itchy and scratchy land: Definitely the best episode about itchy and scratchy(sorry poochie!!), This classic episode spoofs so much disneyland stuff(I was in hysterics) and only the ending(lisa throwing a shoe at bart is pretty weak) let the episode down a little bit.
    My 29th fave episode.

A star is burns: A very,very underrated episode!!
    I think that Jon lovitz guest performance as jay sherman was excellent!!
    Mr. burns was brilliant in this episode("You left out pleasant!","I ought'a club them and eat their bones","Get me his non union mexican equivalent")
    This episode definitely deserves more fans.
    My 13th fave episode.

King size homer: A good episode however i would have much preffered Bart sells his soul or lisa the vegetarian here as king size homer loses a bit of it's magic on repeated viewings.
    My 44th fave episode.

Homer vs. the eighteenth amendment: A wonderful episode however i'm suprised the springfield files or homers phobia aren't the wild card(there both in my top 5) for season 8. Some great soundbytes here and definitely the best episode about alcohol(unless you count flaming moe's as an eisode about alcohol).
    My 36th fave episode.

Lisa's sax: One of the best flashback episodes yet, It was great seeing bart at a younger age at school and how lisa's sax originated.
    My 50th fave episode.

Lisa gets an A: The episode is gold however im not too crazy about the pinchy subplot.
    Some said that pinchy was the best subplot since Bart owning a factory in homer's enemy but I would have to disagree.
    Still a great episode.
    My 67th fave episode.

E-I-E-I-D'oh: Not the best episode made after the shows prime however It's probably second funniest behind, behind the laughter.
    The gloveslap song had me in stitches as did the poke of zorro.
    I laughed at almost every thing in this episode!
    My 35th fave episode.

HOMR: A great episode however i've only seen it once so my perception of the episode lies on my single viewing however I can definitely remember it being a great episode!!
    My 72nd fave episode.

Poppas got a brand new badge: It did pretty good up against Little girl in the big ten but I knew it would lose as little girl is far superior.
    My 80th fave episode.

I voted for last exit to springfield which I hope gets in along with flaming moes

Of course Im gonna vote for Homer at the bat,already waiting in the all stars.

OK, so here are my choices:
    1. Poor quality, stupid first episode of Sideshow Bob, "Krusty Gets Busted"
    2. Rather boring episode using an overused idea (three people going mad over something they each bought), "Three Men and a Comic Book"
    3. Overrated, barely even funny episode, with a poor guest star, "Flaming Moe's"
    4. Brilliant, ingeniuos satire, "Last Exit to Springfield."
    5. Among the worst of any season, without even a point to it, "Homer Goes to College"
    6. Stupid surreal vacation episode, with fanatical robots, "Itchy & Scratchy Land"
    7. Overrated, cheap crossover, "A Star is Burns"
    8. Horrible, horrible, horrible idea for an episode (TRYING to gain weight?), "King-Size" Homer
    9. Funny, satiracle episode with a good plot, "Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment"
    10. Laugh-out-loud, hilarious flashback episode, "Lisa's Sax"
    11. Not bad, rather boring episode with an overrated sub-plot, "Lisa Gets an 'A'"
    12. Among the filth of Season 11, "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)"
    13. The lousy episode that contradicts "Lisa the Simpson" (a better episode by far, "HOMR"
    14. The slightly amusing episode the AGAIN brings up Maggie's fun with guns, "Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge"
    So, it was between "Last Exit to Springfield," "Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment," and "Lisa's Sax." The lack of a sub-plot made me toss out "Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment." Between the other two, "Last Exit to Springfield" is by far the superior episode. It is a tremendously funny satire that had me laughing the whole way through. I loved Lisa's protest song, and found myself singing along inadvertantly. What can I say, other than the fact that "Last Exit to Springfield" is the best episode of Season Four.

My favorites of those are 13, 3, 7, 4,and 9, but I chose Homer vs. the 18th Amendment. It was close.

is back from the dead

Episode ratings:

"Krusty gets Busted"- A decent episode, but I don't really like the usage of Sideshow Bob. B

"Three Men and a Comic Book"- I think this is a bit overrated ("Dead Putting Society" and "Brush with Greatness" are way better episodes for 2nd 2 episode), but it has some great comedy, drama, and parody. A-/B+

"Flaming Moe's"- This hilarious, original commentary on fame, fortune, and the commercial machine is what "Radio Bart" does for the media. The plot is both satirical and a commentary on friendship, the theme song is great, and humor flows constantly. Also, well-developed. A+, among the best season's best.

"Last Exit to Springfield"- Some of the show's best writing and use of drama occurs among literally non-stop jokes of all sorts that pummel you with their consistent greatness. There's satire here and a plot so good you can taste it, and this contains the quintessential Burns and quintessential Homer. Wondrous, A+

"Homer goes to College"- Meh, ultra-meh. The humor has the same inconsistent vein as other Conan O'Brien, nothing is that funny, and it is the beginning to the idiot Homer. C

"Itchy & Scratchy Land"- One of my faves, this is pure, adorned, excessive comedy with some of Swartzwelder's best comedy and satire. A.

"A Star is Burns"- There is absolutely nothing memorable here besides "Pukahontas", the Flanders film, and "Burns for all Seasons". B-

"King Size Homer"- An energetic, jam-packed episode that lampoons weight-loss in a clever way, with good usage of Homer. A

"Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment"- Fun, fun episode with great characters, scenes, plot, parody, and comedy. A-

"Lisa's Sax"- The constant witticisms and bitter humor that lace this hilarious, empathetic flashback make it turn to greatness. A+. It also analyzes the chemistry of the Simpsons family.

"Lisa gets an A"- The Pinchy plot may be slightly overrated, but the rest is genius. A

"E-I-E-D'oh"- Satire is lost here among occasional Scully like stupidity. The first act is just comedic superiorly, but in the wacky way the show shouldn't do too often. B

"HOMR"- A nice, emotional episode with some humor. B+

"Poppa's got a Brand New Badge"- Has some of the best characterizations of late years, consistent barrages of all types of humor, and a great use of music. A+

could give a flying fuck skittlebrau's Avatar

"Last Exit To Springfield". The best written, directed and well played out episode, EVER. The end.
    yep.

Flaming Moe's

It is my all-time favorite episode but it looks like it is not going to win. :cries:

Jumped The Shark

All of these episode are great, so it was a tough choice. I chose "KIng Size Homer" because its always funny now matter how many times I watch it and because its an underdog.

'Last Exit' is the best of those, but I went for 'Lisa's Sax' because 'Last Exit' will win anyway.
    Jim
    Dont Get Up Gentlemen, I'm Only Passin' Through...

apparso come un fantasma Roarke's Avatar

Last Exit. Look at everyone elses reasons.

This'll be over soon. Bring on All star!

$1 naughtier than most

Originally posted by Cloud Cole
    Flaming Moe's

It is my all-time favorite episode but it looks like it is not going to win. :cries:
    It wont win,Last exit will(I voted for it) however hopefully it will get second here,It deserves to be in the all stars.

The Spring in Springfield

I like "Last Exit to Springfield" the best put of those. "Flaming Moe's" is also good, but very overrated.

All such great episodes, I wish they all could win.

Nature's Rubix Cube

Me too Urts, me too.

It looks like it's Last Exit all the way. (Unless 11 people are going to vote for any of the 2 previously voted ones)
    When it comes to livin', dying is the easy part.

Pin Pal

I think Flaming Moes needs a little bit more recognition so I decided to put my vote in it for it. Last Exit is great but it doesnt need my vote

pretty rad

Yes, I picked Krusty Gets Busted.

Yes, I know many don't like it.

Yes, I have to mention that it's very well-written for a season 1 episode.

Yes, I must mention the twisted calliope music again.

Yes, I must mention the clever mystery solution.

Yes, I must mention the SATIRE.

Yes, I'm going to shut up.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

King Size Homer for me. That episode just seemed to make me laugh all the way through. I thought the jokes were funny, even though I don't really have a thing for fat jokes.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

I picked Last Exit to Springfield, like most people here. That episode just has it all: Excellent jokes, good plot, emotion, and a lot of other things to boot. Once you've seen it, you can never forget it.
    This week's Invention Exchange:
    Cake 'N Shake: the cake with a real exotic dancer, all in one box!
    "Now even mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy a Chippendale dancer at little Jimmy's seventh birthday!

That Veronica Vaughn..... Ryan_'s Avatar

LAST EXIT TO SPRINGFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST EPISODE EVER!
    Last edited by Ryan_; 06-07-2002 at 05:54 PM.

Statute mile

you know what i have a great idea the way they cat a gorize it should have a m in front or back of the episode number taht stands for matt just like the charels mesure guy

Statute mile

by us voteing is it really going to make a diffrence

Originally posted by Statute mile
    you know what i have a great idea the way they cat a gorize it should have a m in front or back of the episode number taht stands for matt just like the charels mesure guy
    . . . . . . . . . . . I don't understand. Could you explain it more?

Originally posted by Jon Vitti

It wont win,Last exit will(I voted for it) however hopefully it will get second here,It deserves to be in the all stars.
    With six votes it looks like Flaming Moe's is going to make it to the All-Stars!

I'm very, very excited!

pretty rad

I guess I agree with the current top 2. Flaming Moe's has a clever plot and some good jokes, while Last Exit to Springfield is quite possibly one of the best episodes ever.

Ho Jo

I went with "A Star Is Burns".
    And now a word from my God...our sponsor!

Junior Camper

I may as well rate these episodes also since a few others have done so.

Episode ratings:

"Krusty gets Busted"- Nice introduction to SSB's character with some great allusions and jokes, most noticably the 'Say it ain't so, Krusty' take on the 1919 Blacksox WS scandal-B/B+

"Three Men and a Comic Book"- Very good episode centering around the satire of youth and the objects that we hold dear as children that may now seem petty-46th fave episode A-

"Flaming Moe's"- Great, funny episode with good usage of its guest star(for a change). A classic of its time and certainly one of the best of season 3-25the fave ep A

"Last Exit to Springfield"- A near-perfect episode with biting, gripping satire of union struggles and amazing parodies and allusions to memorable moments from various movies. Aside from these things, the jokes are dead-on, especially the dental plan joke and Homer thinking Mr.Burns is coming on to him-3rd fave ep A+

"Homer goes to College"- Another good episode from Conan. Homer plays a wacky, but fun-loving man. There isn't too much here except incredibly funny scenes, like basically all with the nerds-27th fave ep A
    "Itchy & Scratchy Land"- Great episode when first viewed but lost its luster thereafter. Still, a great episode, but nothing really too spectacular when seen may times-still 36th fave ep A-

"A Star is Burns"-I don't care this is a crossover ep, it is great. The movies within are very funny, with Barney's parodying stereotypical independent films. Man getting hit by football always cracks me up and Jon Lovitz is a great voice actor. Mr.Burns' movie is typical Hollywood tripe and Homer saying, "Exactly" or Bumblebee Man saying,"Excellente" always leaves me in stitches. All in all, a well done ep and I don't know why so many hate it-13th fave A

"King Size Homer"- Nothin more to say except a great episode worthy of my 2nd fave season, 7- 21st fave ep A

"Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment"-Excellent episode, best of Season 8, barely edging YOMT,SF, and Homer's Phobia. It has brilliant episode and one of my favorite lines ever:
    Rex: Are you the beer baron?
    Ned:Well if you're talking about root beer, I plead guilt-
    diddily-ildly as char-didily-arged!
    Rex:He's not the baron, but he sounds drunk. Take him
    15th fave ep A

"Lisa's Sax"-good episode but horribly overrated. There's a nice sentimentality for Bart and Apu's appearances are very funny, but other than that, this Lisa pales in comparison to Lisa's Substitute and maybe even Lisa the Simpson-B

"Lisa gets an A"- Decent episode, especially for such a poor season. Ralph's "Hi, Supernintendo Chalmer" made this episode for me and the Pinchy subplot was good, but overrated-B-/B

"E-I-E-D'oh"- Wow, this episode is terribly overrated. First act is amazing witb Zorro and the B-52s, but quickly goes downhill. Still, a decent episode for Season 11(Worst Season Ever)-C+ on broad scale A for season 11
    "HOMR"- Sentimental episode with Homer finally acting normal. A nice moment at the end of this episode with Lisa. 2nd best of Season 12-44th fave ep A-

"Poppa's got a Brand New Badge"- Loved the Sopranos theme and the reused plots didn't take away from this episode, the best of Season 13. I already posted my thought of this ep so we'll leave it like that-This might just sneak in my top 50, I'll evaluate it some time soon A- overall A for season 13

Now that that is taken care of, I'm holding off my vote for Last Exit since it doesn't need it. My vote will probably go for A Star is Burns or Homer vs 18th, depending on situation.
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing

1)The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson

End Communication

$1 naughtier than most

Yay flaming moes will make it too,So many classic episodes in all star poll.

is back from the dead

Once at the all-stars it'll be between "Lisa's Substitute", "Last Exit to Springfield", "Flaming Moe's", and "Homer at the Bat".

Thread Information