View Poll Results: How Would you rate "Mom's I'd like to Forget" (NABF03)?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Mom, you're the best!

11 9.02%
  • 4/5: Mom, that's cool.

25 20.49%
  • 3/5: Mom, uh...It's "okay."

47 38.52%
  • 2/5: Mom, how could you?

25 20.49%
  • 1/5: I have no mother...

14 11.48%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rate and Review: "Mom's I'd like to Forget" (NABF03)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

It got much better after the break. Loved Homer's solved crossword book! Also liked the Ralph gag. CBG had some good lines too, and I will tell you this never. I found it quite hard to believe Marge could lift the garage door and the fact no sound was made. The Marge's head thing was quite clever and the last joke was OK.

Which pretty much sums up my feelings for the whole episode: OK. Had I stopped watching after the first act it would have been a 1/5 or indeed 1/10. The last 10 minutes definitely saved it, bumping my score up to 3/5, equivalent to a 5/10.

Loves the Simpsons Krustyburger's Avatar

The moms making out at the end was pretty funny. I always suspect that people get freaky when i'm not around.

It was the very definition of MEH. The idea wasn't too shabby, but them giving it a "twist" with the scar thing really made it seem incredibly convoluted. They had a good idea, they tangled it in a mess and just forgot about the mess at the end. Despite the over-the-top explanation of it all, it still didn't feel right. Awkward and inconsistent.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I actually really enjoyed this episode even though it wasn't one of the best modern episode; the plot was nice and I kinda liked how it started with the rivalry between the fourth graders and the fifth graders and ended up as a story about Marge with Bart having a small subplot. Yes, the scar thing that got the plot going for real was a little stupid but it didn't bother me and nothing felt too rushed either, plus there were some nice jokes and gags, such as the saloon fight parody with the teachers (complete with ragtime piano music), Moe on Skype (hilarious) and Marge reading 'The Joy of Status Quo' at the end of her story (great little gag). The only part which I can say off the bat that I didn't really like was the scene where the three moms goes lesbian near the end, it was wierd and felt a bit cheap.

Now for two more things about the episode that got me thinking a bit: Jimbo is suddenly balding? (when did that happen?, we've seen him without his hat before and he was never bald) and second, what is up with the blood in this episode? (there is Nelson's heavy nosebleed as he gets hit by a dodgeball and the shark in Bart's wierd fantasy ripping a man in half and getting torn to bloody bits?; it's like it turned into a 'Treehouse Of Horror' episode for those moments). Overall, I think it was a nice episode and it had me entertained.

I'll give it a 4/5 (Good)
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-26-2011 at 07:30 AM.

I got to see this episode tonight for the first time in almost a year. The last time I had seen it was on its air date. There are some positive things about this episode : the fight between all of the teachers is pretty funny and having Skinner playing the piano in the middle of the mess made me smile, Ralph being dropped by Chief Wiggum was also a good joke.

Even though the explanation as to why Bart got a sword marking on the top of his hand isn't very realistic, I still found it rather amusing (the writers must have had some good fun coming up with Comic Book Guys story).

There are some small bits in this episode that are a little too boring. I didn't really care for the scenes between Marge and her friends.

oh, well, I'd still give it an 11/20.

number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A hilarious episode. One of my favorite gags was Comic Book Guy having a framed image of his sandwich. Ha!

My Grade: A+

Blog Entries

It was an interesting enough episode. I think they could've utilized Marge and her friends a big better. It wasn't terribly funny; the only place where I actually chuckled was the bit with Homer and the other dads sitting awkwardly in the kitchen. With the plot they had, it could've been done well, but wasn't. 3/5

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

2/5 this episode was gayer than aids

Banned

1/5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Parker View Post
    2/5 this episode was gayer than aids
    I'm sure you're not meaning to be ignorant but don't ever call any disease specifically a 'gay disease' or a disease only people gay people get. I'm not gay myself but it does offend me.

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

2/5 it sucks worse than mexico

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This episode has a weird feeling for me. I guess all the new characters make it seem less like a Simpsons episode than usual. That is a major reason I don't like this episode. Otherwise, it isn't terrible. 3/10

Geraldinemsim J.Goldberg

Mom, uh...It's "okay."

Banned
    Blog Entries

Decent episode for the hd-era. 3/5

Hercules Rockefeller

I just watched this episode and good god it is bad.

It's just a messy mashing up random parts of Homer's Barbershop Quartet and The Last of the Red Hat Mamas, using jokes that are and have never been funny. The moms randomly being Lesbians while clearly seeming to have husbands sounds like a Tumblr fanfic and the fact that the 4th graders have a random new music teacher while the 5th graders have Mr. Largo despite the fact we know Mr. Largo teaches all grades is stupid.

People actually call Season 22 the best HD season but call 21 the worst, which baffles me. All Season 21 had was the notably bad Greatest Story Ever Dohed, with below average stuff like Thursdays With Abie and Judge Me Tender, and that's pretty much it. But Season 22 only has a tiny amount of good episodes and many bad, this one being notably bad.

I admit it, I would rather watch 2 of those moms making out than watch Mr. Burns's head crack and bleed, Bart strangle an ostrich to death only for the ostrich to somehow be smart enough to know how to fake it's own death and then strangle Homer, the Glee cast appearing on the show, Moe kissing a live-action Katy Perry's private parts, Bart trying to kill his father, the therapist in return trying to kill Bart, or well, eyes popping out of the elderly's eye socket.

Basically what I am saying is that this episode is better than many others in Season 22 yet it is still utter trash. I give it a D- because it has a decent couch gag, I guess?
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Homerpalooza 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Thread Information