Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Archer

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Boy they've been releasing some nice early previews. I thought they usually wait until a little longer for that, considering Archer isn't back until January.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    That's a nice image to hang above your bed

Where did you meet them? Any season 5 hints?
    Met them at GMX in Nashville. They didn't give any explicit hints about the upcoming season (which is good because I'm not even remotely caught up), but they did mention something about one character recording a music album.

Funniest part of the Q&A is when two dudes dressed up as 21 and 24 from The Venture Bros (in fucking awesome costumes btw) came up to the mic and asked in character if ISIS was hiring henchmen. Lucky kept riffing with them, it was awesome. I wish I had recorded it.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Matty

Archer will now air on Monday nights at 10:00 PM, starting January 13.

Blog Entries

Dangerzone!

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TOP GUN! BEST TING EVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

That explains all the new titles for this season then, as they all began with "Archer Vice". Makes me wonder if it's a retitling of some sorts, almost like every season of FX's American Horror Story.

Blog Entries

Yeah every year at comic con they always show the first episode of the upcoming season and this year they did not as Adam said that season 5 would be pretty different then the previous seasons.
    I guess this explains it
    @HumTug what are the titles for season 5? I can't find em anywhere.

A Kiss Before Dying
    White Elephant
    A Debt of Honor
    House Call

These are all on the Copyright Catalog, which IMO, is one of the most helpful websites in the world. They're only displaying those four titles thus far, and they would probably have some more if the shutdown never happened. Since it did, they probably put everything on a REALLY long hold for a while.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

From the retitling I'm expecting some sort of focussed story arc with excessive parodic features from more than one franchise. I love the artwork on that poster, and more than anything, I am unexpectedly enthralled to find out what happens next in the general storyline.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by Yule Blog View Post
    From the retitling I'm expecting some sort of focussed story arc with excessive parodic features from more than one franchise. I love the artwork on that poster, and more than anything, I am unexpectedly enthralled to find out what happens next in the general storyline.
    I forgot you watched Archer too. I've been excited for this season ever since I saw the retitling a while back. Maybe this season is what makes up for some of the rather lackluster half of the fourth season.

Blog Entries

Hell yea; it may have been you who suggested this show in the Burgers thread. I agree on the lacklustreness of some of the fourth, yet am so glad that that's the worst any of us can really say about Archer at this point.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

I'd still take any lackluster season 4 over most animated television these days. Probably won't be long until I get around to buying the season sets on Blu-ray, as while I love the convenience of Netflix, I have a love for physical copies too.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That poster has a very GTA feeling to it.

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

i think i can say, the only bad episodes of archer are the ones with that russian robot chick

I enjoyed all the others

Blog Entries

That could be like 5 different episodes.
    The only episode I really didn't like was the one where ISIS are some cooking show.

Oh yeah that Anthony Bourdain episode was easily the weakest one. And I like Bourdain.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

The past couple of days, I've been rewatching the entire show. I still have to get a copy of season 4 as I was going to download the entire season in iTunes quality, but I gave up pretty fast because the season isn't all that great. The first season is really funny, and considering how fast it started, it for me is an instant love.

Archer Vice

White Elephant

Quote Originally Posted by The Futon Critic
    Episode 1 / Production #501 - "White Elephant" (Airs January 13, 10:00 pm e/p) - Someone dies. Someone who has been with the ISIS crew from the beginning. And then things get crazy. Written by Adam Reed.
    Read more: Listings - ARCHER on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2nfS0SrBn

Blog Entries

What is with all the death?!!?
    Also I don't want any Archer character to die as I like them all still.
    But it might just be Bret....

I was about to mention that. Idk what the hell is with death on Fox these days. "Fuck you, you're dead. Fuck you too, you're dead. Ah wait for three weeks. You're dead in January, fucker."

Archer Vice

A Kiss While Dying

Episode 2 / Production #502 - "Archer Vice: A Kiss While Dying" (Airs January 20, 10:00 pm e/p) - Archer, Pam and Lana travel to Miami to visit some old friends. It's a fondue party! Written by Adam Reed.
    A Debt of Honor

Episode 3 / Production #503 - "Archer Vice: A Debt of Honor" (Airs January 27, 10:00 pm e/p) - Pam makes a deal that puts everyone in danger. Archer dons his slightly darker black suit to save the day. Written by Adam Reed.
    Read more: Listings - ARCHER on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20131223fx01//

Read more: Listings - ARCHER on FX | TheFutonCritic.com http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20131230fx01/

Blog Entries

Adam dishes some details about how different season 5 is,if you don't want any spoilers don't read it
    http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/01/arc...son-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Adam dishes some details about how different season 5 is,if you don't want any spoilers don't read it
    http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/01/arc...son-interview/
    Wow... this might actually be the biggest shift I've ever seen in an animated series. The  Cheryl becoming a country singer sounds pretty dumb though .

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Spoilers seem kind of pointless for a goofy animated sitcom, but I guess I'll oblige in case some people really don't want to be spoiled. But first, as for the news above that has been out in the open here, I hope if anyone dies its Pam. I don't like the character at all. People love her, but being fat, gross, and saying lewd sexual things is kind of off-putting for such a character. As for my thoughts on the series changes...

Sounds somewhat interesting, but   losing the office dynamics  - imo one of the best parts of the show - is a little concerning. I guess as long as the writings strong though it should be ok. Funny how  Cheryl is becoming a country singer and her album is right now called "Cheryl Sings", just like Rachael MacFarlane had "Hayley Sings". Although in this case Judy Greer isn't actually the singer . Should be an interesting experiment all in all, but part of me wonders  if by the end ISIS will be back in action,  as that was the core of what made the show good.
    Last edited by MindQuad; 01-08-2014 at 04:32 PM.

It's a ballsy move, but it is neat to know that the show is trying something I've never seen in an animated series before.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Yeah, I mean quite a few animated shows shifted from their initial premise…South Park become focused on topical stories and satire, American Dad completely moved away from it's early Republican party satire/issue of the week into surreality and a more family based dynamic, but I can't think of anything this extreme that alters the premise and setting as we've always known it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    Yeah, I mean quite a few animated shows shifted from their initial premise…South Park become focused on topical stories and satire, American Dad completely moved away from its early Republican party satire/issue of the week into surreality and a more family based dynamic, but I can't think of anything this extreme that alters the premise and setting as we know it.
    Oh definitely. South Park's was more gradual though. American Dad basically left its Republican satire around after season 3 I think. It was risky, but I think it actually made American Dad shoot for far better quality. We had some really good ones such as A Pinata Named Desire, Adventures in Hayleysitting, Minstrel Krampus, Independent Movie, Cops and Roger, etc.

Thread Information