Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Archer

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Season 8 began on an high note! The new offered story is amazing and there was a ton of jokes! Definitely one of the best season's premiere (even tough, it doesn't mean much since last season also had a good (not as good) season premiere).

Still hesitant on watching this season. Besides AV Club's high praise for the premiere and @Maurice Rodriguez giving it praise too, does anyone else like this season so far (even though it's just one episode)?

I thought the ep was ok. It was different, for sure, but still pretty funny. Gotta get used to the noir stuff and the fact that this is all just Archer's coma dream (so what is there to really fear other than Archer just not waking up?). Got a kick out of Pam's character. I'm surprised Lana's introduction didn't wow me more with that singing but I was probably just getting tired of seeing Archer get boners off of Lana. I'm excited for them to do more with her than be hot this season. It sucks Woodhouse is gone now but it does drive Archer a goal so I guess we'll roll with it. Oh and I will say it was rather comforting to see regular Barry again.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

This episode was hella short! I know it was just a few minutes shorter, but it felt like nothing happened, like if they didn't have enough time, which sucks because this season will as short as last year.

At least the episode was funny, I freaking love this new Cheryl!

So... Without spoiling anything, how's everybody liking the season so far (if anybody's even watching)?

I myself haven't watched it yet as I'm waiting until the season's final episode this week before I binge watch it over the course of two-three days because the whole "This season is only a dream" angle kinda makes it sound pointless by default but I still wanna give it a shot.

That, and the last season was the first one I watched as it aired week by week and... I regret that decision because by the end I was like "Whelp, there's so many Thursdays I can't have back!".
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: TBD Demolition Daddy: TBD Pride Before the Fail: TBD Enter Stanman: TBD No Weddings and a Funeral: TBD Eight Fires: TBD The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: TBD Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

I couldn't make it past the opening credits for the first episode. Sorry.

Blog Entries

It is still producing new episodes? As much I enjoyed Archer in the past, it definitely feels like it ended some time ago. Just truckin' along now...

This season is basically a two and a half hour film, I like it very much, the idea was good and the whole thing's pretty funny, the problem is that it is separated in 8 episodes. It should had been a movie and season 8 should had been next year ( after Archer's coma ).

The fact that it is a season of episodes that's spread out over the course of eight weeks plus the whole "This season is only a dream" angle which again makes it sound pointless by default is why I didn't bother watching these as they were airing as the vibe I get is that this season is better off being binge watched over the course of a day or two and not two months. Especially if this season ends up wasting a good chunk of my time like the last season did.

That season finale sucked... It was random and it didn't connect to anything.  The worst part is, Archer doesn't even wake up... 

Not surprising, last year's finale sucked too.

Blog Entries

Just watched all of Dreamland today on Netflix. It was a fun ride, but given how hard they shit the bed with it's conclusion, and with the knowledge that the next season is going to be more coma dream BS in the form of "Danger Island", they really need to end this thing. Given that the season following the next is stated to be the last, and they only have 8 episodes a season to work with now, it really feels like they're wasting time.
    How to remaster

I'm only two episodes into Dreamland, but I've read up on the ending of the season and how despised it is, even by loyal fans. This show really turned into a disgrace of itself. Had it mysteriously ended at a short enough run before going into even its fourth season, I'd consider it a perfect show and still the best animated show I've ever watched. I honestly wonder if Adam Reed is subtly giving a middle finger to the fans, or to the network. The show is literally in a coma right now, out of ideas.

Still dunno when I'll get around to watching this season since I thought the last one ended up wasting several hours of my life and this one will likely do the same based on what I've read.

So I guess nobody give a shit about this show anymore?

I never got around to watching last season and I dunno if I'll watch this current one either, but apparently it ends with setting up the supposed final season which supposedly will be  yet ANOTHER dream season! This one being Alien-esque. 

Blog Entries

I watched it recently, again, a fun ride and for sure had more interesting stuff going on in it than Dreamland, but the upcoming season is now looking like it might not be the last so...
    https://uproxx.com/tv/adam-reed-arch...ale-interview/

I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for most when I say that they need to stop the dream BS and just wake Archer up already!

Or just straight end it. Season 7 was bad but would have made a decent series finale. I couldn't get through dreamland, and while I liked Strange Pilot, I have little motivation to finish it.
    Last edited by Startug; 06-19-2018 at 05:57 PM.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@Startug, Season 7 was the only one I saw when it was new, and I can safely say that I still want several weeks of my life back.

Thread Information