Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NEW ERA

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

he's a panther. you can't expect him not to roar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Yeah, I know I said I'm done here, and I am. I only come here to review new episodes. But I was bored, and came here. And I am horrified. EVERY SINGLE THING I used to like about this site has been torn apart, ripped to shreds, and shot. The change to the board and adding of the ability to dislike posts was the last straw. So what do you call this? The "after-last" straw? Go ahead. Thumbs-down me. You just can't stand someone thinking unlike you, huh? You all just bow down to your mighty thecapecoddah. It sickens me. In fact, go ahead and ban me. I don't care anymore.
    shut up you miserable cunt

It's not like they just thought this up on a whim to make YOU mad, Panther. thecapecoddah is a co-owner, he and Roarke are free to do what they want with their website. If the majority of users had a serious issue with something, the co-owners would immediately try to fix it. This has been so in the past. They don't ignore people. They are trying to ensure that their website (that they put nearly 10 years of work into) continues to survive and thrive. I hardly think it's fair to act like the users of this website are sheep who just listen to whatever the owners tell them. They've clearly demonstrated their ability to bring change as well in the past. But if you want to be so dramatically outrageous and oversell the value of your post then ok. If you hate the change, whatever. We're not banning everyone who dislikes it. qwertyuio and a few others aren't into the change either but at least they know how to relay it properly.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

your mighty thecapecoddah
    This is a pretty awesome quote.

wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat eddie's Avatar

i had a feeling this was going to happen. it's about damn time.

yeah every respected boarder here is pretty much a thecapecoddah lap dog when it comes to discussing media and art

can't believe that guy got re-elected

Yeah, I know I said I'm done here, and I am. I only come here to review new episodes. But I was bored, and came here. And I am horrified. EVERY SINGLE THING I used to like about this site has been torn apart, ripped to shreds, and shot. The change to the board and adding of the ability to dislike posts was the last straw. So what do you call this? The "after-last" straw? Go ahead. Thumbs-down me. You just can't stand someone thinking unlike you, huh? You all just bow down to your mighty thecapecoddah. It sickens me. In fact, go ahead and ban me. I don't care anymore.
    Panther you ignorant slut!

Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

slouching toward nirvana nathan's Avatar

are you guys fucking crazy? i don't like anything about this. the board upgrade was bad/ugly enough that i figured all of the downtime on the main page was due to a reversion back to the old forum style. i never would have imagined something like this happening.

i'm not going anywhere (don't really think much of anything could make me leave) and i'm not mad about it like #1 boarder financial panther, i'm just 100% against these changes.

if you're against the changes that were made during the last update, fine, but how could you of all people possibly be upset about this not being a simpsons board anymore
    Last edited by brentmoney; 11-14-2010 at 04:07 PM.

I think he's pissed because he thought we were reverting. But still, there was way too much support for the changes to do that. Water under the bridge, bro.

and really though, eliminating the financial panther and dohmer types was the next step

i'm glad they're doing it on their own so that the ethnic cleansing the admins had planned won't be occuring

i know i've said this before but im basically a board conservative. i hate when things i have become accustomed to in the realm of entertainment undergo a change.

outside of that, i still watch the show every week. i may not post in gd too much but i have always taken great pride in this place as a simpsons community. the idea of it being labeled as a place to discuss "pop culture" sounds terribly tacky to me and a helluva lot more embarrassing (to me anyway) than saying i post on a simpsons forum. this just sounds like some E or VH1 community now.

also, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz View Post
    I think he's pissed because he thought we were reverting.

to lighten the mood a bit, this thread looks like "NEW BRA" on the main page
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    Still got free cheese :gatorshrug:

Quote Originally Posted by nathan View Post

i may not post in gd too much but i have always taken great pride in this place as a simpsons community. the idea of it being labeled as a place to discuss "pop culture" sounds terribly tacky to me and a helluva lot more embarrassing (to me anyway) than saying i post on a simpsons forum. this just sounds like some E or VH1 community now.
    yeah i don't understand this. don't see how it's different from other boards i post at other besides there being more animation geeks or whatever

maybe we just have very different associations tied to the term "pop culture" but it is a negative label to me. i also don't post on any forums that aren't for something fairly specific aside from the occasional post at shifter.

i'm sure ill be fine in a few weeks, i always get pissy about changes.
    Last edited by nathan; 11-15-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    For this to happen, we're pretty much talking about the series finale or another movie (maybe both in short succession)... so while traffic would increase in the Simpsons sections (and I'm sure many primarily OT boarders would go to those forums to comment), it would be a temporary injection and the board as a whole shouldn't bank on something like that.
    or, to rephrase:

"we shouldn't be banking on the series ever coming to an end"

I agree.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathan View Post
    i know i've said this before but im basically a board conservative. i hate when things i have become accustomed to in the realm of entertainment undergo a change.

outside of that, i still watch the show every week. i may not post in gd too much but i have always taken great pride in this place as a simpsons community. the idea of it being labeled as a place to discuss "pop culture" sounds terribly tacky to me and a helluva lot more embarrassing (to me anyway) than saying i post on a simpsons forum. this just sounds like some E or VH1 community now.
    is this a bad time to introduce our TMZ & celebrity gossip forum? just kiddin'.

take a deep breath, visit http://nohomers.net/pages/simpsons/ , browse the still existing simpsons forums, and realize that we'll have a modified ESEXY STYLE up and running in the near future so you can escape the uglyness.

just because the board has been formally changed from a 'Simpsons' board to a 'pop culture' board doesn't reflect a change in discussion to something more facile or create any obligations as to how to refer to it in conversation. you could with equal validity call it a media board or a miscellaneous board or hell even a Simpsons board or whatever. who cares.

Blog Entries

we lost another one

@springfieldx2 The No Homers Club is now a community devoted to pop culture & off topic discussion. Deleting account.

We dropped the bomb that shook all of cyberspace. Its recovery is still indeterminable.

Quote Originally Posted by thecapecoddah View Post
    is this a bad time to introduce our TMZ & celebrity gossip forum? just kiddin'.

take a deep breath, visit http://nohomers.net/pages/simpsons/ , browse the still existing simpsons forums, and realize that we'll have a modified ESEXY STYLE up and running in the near future so you can escape the uglyness.
    i appreciate it, and just to reiterate: i'm not angry. i'm grateful for the all of the work that you, jacob, and all of the other admins and mods put into making this place a community that is so enjoyable to be a part that it causes me distress when changes occur. that is by no means a healthy emotional response to changes on a cartoon message board so you guys must be doing something right.

ill just keep calm and carry on.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Who the hell cares how you have to describe the site to your friends and co-workers? How often are you guys talking to other people about this site? You can still just tell people it’s a Simpson’s site if you prefer.

that isn't my main issue but sure.

Blog Entries

lies

I do love the new categories of Home-pages
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

i don't even see how this is a "new era" or as big of a deal as anyone is making it out to be

it's a forum devoted to pop culture now...? okay whatever, I still see The Simpsons up at the top and the name is still a Simpsons reference and the logo still has Homer in it etc, so the way I still see it, it's just as much a Simpsons forum as it was before. it's just less cluttered now

I'm not for or against any of these changes I'm just largely indifferent and receiving an email alerting me that it's a ~new era~ with ~new changes~ was just plain silly

you know, I see what nathan is saying. I wouldn't join a forum advertised to me as being dedicated to off-topic and pop culture. it just sounds like one of those things that doesn't truly appeal to anyone because it half heartedly tries to appeal to everyone. well, either that or it appeals to a vh1 crowd, like you said. but really, these changes are merely a restructuring of the forums in order to provide a better service for those who use it. the changes are only structural changes to reflect the content changes that have happened over the past nine years. until it changes domain and completely severs all ties to its old self, this will still be the site that has been mentioned in simpsons commentaries and occasionally in news articles relating to the show, so people are going to hear about it via the simpsons and join up to initially discuss the simpsons. I don't see how catering to the loyal regulars and at the same time providing more incentive for any simpsons fan to stay reduces the appeal of the board as a simpsons forum.

chinese martian physicist HRH Sir Prince Charles's Avatar

yeah, I mean nothing has really changed here. I don't get why anyone would have a strong feeling about this move, really.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

why the fuck do you still post here? Just go away and pretend to not eat hamburgers and not listen to music

Blog Entries

yeah, nothing at all changes about Simpsons discussion. it's just that people who haven't already found their way inside the Simpsons Forum will have to click an extra button. this might mean less Simpsons fans joining when they take a cursory look and don't see much heed paid to OFF..... and uh, oh well too bad. the whole of the former Simpsons section is left intact (for now).

what has a bigger effect on changing posting is the fact that we've compartmentalized discussion topics into certain areas, and that already happened a couple weeks ago. it might stifle boarding since you can't just up-and-post something that is of interest, as there is a greater focus on the little artificial interest communities. but I guess since the site's big, it does help people who want to filter what kind of threads they see. and then the very-large-array of devoted topic sections may invite more threads from people who otherwise wouldn't be sure if there would be interest but now see a perfect fit for their interests.

I'm not a fan of separating out discussion, but I also don't care so much. it's already happened and it looks like it's mostly an invited change.

Thread Information