Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ERA

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by lovedartsandsimpsons View Post
    One question:

What if The Simpsons suddenly has another surge of popularity (like it did about three years ago)?
    Wouldn't that pretty much take another movie coming out? Or maybe the finale I guess, but that would be a pretty temporary thing, assuming anyone even still cares by that point anyway (I won't).

Eric and the NHC team have to think long term, and not about such hypotheticals.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

super karate monkey death car Jakebert's Avatar

i forgot this board had a simpsons section anyway. good changes.

Blog Entries

The Simpsons suck anyways. We need more talk about The Angry Beavers. Now that was a classic.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

THE BOARKKKKKKK

horray for general animation!

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

What Springfield Downs doesn't count for posts?????

In all seriousness good job on the updates. One thing though why is The Futurama section not just combined into the General Animation forum? Is it too large?

"A horse is an animate object whose preservation by feeding and watering is necessary to prevent its death."

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    and I think it has more fans than this board represents,
    well, fans outside of the forum don't control the activity of the forum. you've been here for three years, haven't you seen the activity decline? the simpsons section is deserted compared to 2005.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my mind, this "new era" is not as good as you are always implying. Yes, "The Simpsons sucks nowadays", "they are not that popular anymore" -I can agree, and heck, have left most of my Simpsons fandom from when I came here. But there is still the psychological factor, when NHC is named I can't yet exclude the fact that I registered here for posting about this series and most of my postcount is still today focused on that topic.

So, does that mean that I am against this move? No. Eric knows how to handle this board, and I understand his reasons and that doing this change today is not going to affect the dynamics of the board (and must show my absolute support to the new pop culture forums (specially cinema and animation -my new loves)), but this is still going to be hard only for the idea I've had all my boardlife about this site.

Guess I'll need to open a little more to OT's world.

Blog Entries

good move. and like other people have said, if it weren't for the movie then the simpsons section would have died years before it did. the scale on which discussion dropped about a month after the release of the movie was outstanding

Blog Entries

whats funny is there is more discussion of the Simpsons episodes @ Toonzone then here a previously dedicated Simpsons Forum
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

but i still think it makes more sense for animation to be represented in film and tv. not only is it an unnecessary distinction, but it also directly affects the quality of discussion. our best A/V regulars are much less likely to wander into a new pixar or miyazaki thread whe it's overwhelmed with bob goes to the mayor R/R threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

we will make exceptions and allow certain popular topics to be discussed in both the animation section and the tube or film forums. just ask a moderator first and he or she will let the rest of us know.

also in the future, if animation discussion is much weaker than it is now, we would move it back into the a/v forums. there's simply too much interest in discussing it at the moment to keep everything together.

Blog Entries

I applaud your dedication to the board, eric.

there is no better time to do this now, and you acted on it.

the board still has a great collective base and should remain viable for some time.

everything seems to be running smoother here and the navigation is better... well done!

In Amazing Scentovision Ray Jay Jonah's Avatar

Well, this is gonna get a while to get used too, but still, nice job. I guess the majority of boarders appreciate this move, and I can't really criticize it, but I guess it's sill pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    but then again they could say the plot was about lisa taking a shit on skinner's face and i'd probably hold out some hope for it

love it. thanks for the years of dedication, mods and especially eric.

thanks guys ROARKE was the one who bought our new, soon-to-be-used servers though and should be thanked as well!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thecapecoddah View Post
    thanks guys ROARKE was the one who bought our new, soon-to-be-used servers though and should be thanked as well!

Quote Originally Posted by thecapecoddah View Post
    that thumbs up i just gave you is for him. at least until he posts in here.

Frankly, I don't know if I can continue paying my $14.99/month subscription fee to Whisman if this board isn't about the Simpsons.
    Heckling a Puppet show.

Awesome news. I'm glad the NHC has no plans of going anywhere and this will be a good long overdue transition.

With this new dark theme I'm using, I'd have to say the board has never been better.
    You can't prove it won't happen.

Blog Entries

yaaay this is so exciting! now the lie i've been telling people is actually true!
    if only everything in life worked like this...

thanks yall!! and thanks for all the hard work and genuine awesomeness. rock on
    in lieu of flowers, they can pour jewels into my open coffin

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    I don't think that The Simpsons is losing popularity, actually, and I think it has more fans than this board represents, but I'm okay with making it less of a focus because it's still there and we can still talk about it.
    The declining viewing figures for the show clearly contradict your point, you could argue that more people are watching on the internet now, and that might account for some of it, but then if that's the case, why aren't those people coming here?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    but i still think it makes more sense for animation to be represented in film and tv. not only is it an unnecessary distinction, but it also directly affects the quality of discussion. our best A/V regulars are much less likely to wander into a new pixar or miyazaki thread whe it's overwhelmed with bob goes to the mayor R/R threads.
    I kind of agree but the problem is, it means discussion of animation has to be restricted a bit, It'd be good to have separate sub-categories for animation, so there's the Disney & Pixar section, The Adult Swim section etc but then it's difficult to know how far to take those categories and I just can't imagine they'd attract enough attention.
    Last edited by Postmaster; 11-14-2010 at 10:17 AM.

chinese martian physicist HRH Sir Prince Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lovedartsandsimpsons View Post
    One question:

What if The Simpsons suddenly has another surge of popularity (like it did about three years ago)?
    For this to happen, we're pretty much talking about the series finale or another movie (maybe both in short succession)... so while traffic would increase in the Simpsons sections (and I'm sure many primarily OT boarders would go to those forums to comment), it would be a temporary injection and the board as a whole shouldn't bank on something like that.

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first reaction to this was kind of sadness but I've completely come round to this as the day has gone on. All the sections are still here and I'd started to avoid the Simpsons section anyway. So this was probably a good move. I do have a suggestion though, the Simpsons section is really cluttered so would it not be possible to reduce the different sub forums which make it up abit? Like maybe merge GD, ED and Androids and then merge Downs and University and leave fanfic as it is. Just be easier for me to navigate and stuff. Still, I think I like this alot.

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    Like maybe merge GD, ED and Androids and then merge Downs and University and leave fanfic as it is. Just be easier for me to navigate and stuff. Still, I think I like this alot.
    springfield university & downs could potentially be merged into the general forum in the near future. i didn't want to make too many changes all at once in order to keep regular simpsons forum members from going into shock.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I like it how the board looks now after this new update; great to see that there's a general animation board now and while it feels wierd that the Simpsons section has taken a few steps down, it doesn't bother me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    Like maybe merge GD, ED and Androids and then merge Downs and University and leave fanfic as it is. Just be easier for me to navigate and stuff.
    To merge Downs and University would probably be a good idea, but to merge GD, ED and Androids would be a poor choice IMO; it would get too cluttered that way.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know I said I'm done here, and I am. I only come here to review new episodes. But I was bored, and came here. And I am horrified. EVERY SINGLE THING I used to like about this site has been torn apart, ripped to shreds, and shot. The change to the board and adding of the ability to dislike posts was the last straw. So what do you call this? The "after-last" straw? Go ahead. Thumbs-down me. You just can't stand someone thinking unlike you, huh? You all just bow down to your mighty thecapecoddah. It sickens me. In fact, go ahead and ban me. I don't care anymore.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

does this mean i'm not getting a christmas card from you this year?

man fuck you eric

Thread Information