Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

At first I was like, ugh, another cliche' plot, but they were able to put enough of a spin on it to keep it interesting. Its hard to judge this show because I feel like they are trying hard to ease the audience into it rather than just coming full force from the beginning.

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah it feels like their trying to make it appeal to a mass audience with some of these plots, but they have such an off-beat sensibility they don't quite know how to do it properly.

While the jokes get better, I hope they come up with some new canvas for a storyline soon

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

not as funny as episode 2, but loved Brendon Small and Todd Barry, pretty good show so far, but nothing spectacular
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

I realized another thing that makes this show feel fresh is that Bob is actually competent and smart. He is the straight man to the family and manages to be the funniest one too.

Yeah it is definitely a nice change of pace. Hank wasn't stupid either, and was relatively competent most of the time but he still had that aspect of ignorance to him, mostly to changing times. Homer wasn't stupid per se early on either but we all know that story so moving on. Bob here on the other hand though seems pretty sharp on things, and honestly to me at least it makes him a lot more relatable because he's more like most fully grown men I meet than any of the other cartoon dads that have come about in quite a few years. Granted, it's still so early in the show's run so maybe they'll dumb in down in some way, though I kinda hope not, but he is a pretty different kind of lead to these kinds of shows.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

someone should change the title of the thread to Bob's Burgers Discussion or something, I'm getting sick of that long awkward title
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

I Just Want My Kids Back EthanRunt's Avatar

That's what she said...
    Ahem.
    Been throwing quotes about with people already on twitter, I kinda love this show.

I don't understand the thread title. It made me think the show got canceled.
    Signature.

kristen schaal as the crazy little rabbit ear girl is my favourite thing this month

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    I don't understand the thread title. It made me think the show got canceled.
    Well, who are we kidding? Its most likely inevitable.

I hope they don't dumb Bob down because the rest of his family is already crazy as fuck, someone has to be a stable character, and I'm glad its him. Linda isn't as crazy but also a little more reactionary, I think, but it sort of works for her with that crazy voice and all. Everyone is really growing on me, though. Even Gene, to an extent. But only slightly. I love how insane Tina and Louise are, and Louise wins everything because she trolls hard.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

my favourite thing about louise was when she would randomly yell "COW KILLER!"

MURDERER!

plus bob telling the wife that everything will be ok with the cow in the livingroom then it starts peeing

and the kid is like, "this is the best dream i've ever had!"

that shit seriously cracked me up

Perhaps comedy writers are beginning to realize that competent men with flaws in decision-making are much funnier to the audience than borderline-retarded men. Hank Hill, Chef, Andy Bernard, Michael Bluth - well, the list goes on - are all great examples of popular TV characters who actually show good meaning. They aren't on the screen to lose to only a woman who nags and wins in every episode. These guys are weighed down by a flaw of some kind, yet sometimes audiences find these guys to be right. Sitcoms love to push the really stupid people, but in reality people with low intelligence just annoy the crap out of me.

It's disappointing that now we have a two-week break from Bob's Burgers. Hopefully it's not a time for Fox to call together a meeting and decide to do undesirable things with the show.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Homer himself even started as sort of one of those. I have doubts the character he eventually became would have established the same pop culture impact if he started out that way instead personally.

Thinking about it, this show's basically giving McGuirk the center stage (Albeit a far less pathetic version of him.) since I think most watched Home Movies mostly for that character, and McGuirk was many things but he wasn't stupid. Making that kind of character a crazy dumbass would make no sense really. If anything, he'd be in more danger of being made more of a cheeky asshole, but at least that'd be better than another Peter.

I hope they do an episode where Bob gets drunk now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    it sucked fucking shit bananas.

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bob's Burgers coming to the UK on Tuesday. 10:35 on E4. Psyched. I can watch it without fear of dodgy internet sites!

Sweet, can re-watch on TV and enjoy online asap each time.

I didn't read many of the posts on this thread, so I don't really know what the popular opinion of this is. But I really like this show. It's become one of my favorites.
    "I'll die before I surrender,Tim."

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Voiced Teen View Post
    awesome
    I'm guessing the popular opinion is that it's good? Great. I really hope this show doesn't get cancelled.

Most of us on here like it or think its ok but has room for improvement.

The general public seems to hate it though. (because jokes aren't funny unless Peter Griffin is screaming them at you)

I really like it. It has room for improvement, but it's just starting up. It's a little more whacky than other shows, but that's not a bad thing.

Yeah, it would be nice to have one other animated show on fox that wasn't made by that terrible seth mcfarlane.

the(david) white album Raoul Dukie's Avatar

I'm digging the show now but I think the shitty first episode turned a lot of people off. I know I couldn't get an erection for weeks.

Oh. I actually really liked the first episode. Am I the only one who did?

If you read through the thread (you really should) you'll see that a bunch of people liked it, including me. It wasn't perfect or as good as ep 2 but still decent.

And yes the community here is mostly split. But it mostly seems like the people who have moved on from modern The Simpsons are very into Bob's Burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    I really like it. It has room for improvement, but it's just starting up. It's a little more whacky than other shows, but that's not a bad thing.
    Huh?? This show is less wacky than everything else on Animation Domination, and thats exactly whats so refreshing about it.

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the first episode was always gunna split people. I loved it but I can understand disliking it. Basically, this show has bags of potential and the second and third episode, in particular, were really good already.

Also in Bob's Burgers related news, two of the staff members follow me on twitter now (Lizzie Molyneux and Michael G Benner).

Thread Information