Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Bob is really funny and a likable character. Not to mention, his humor (like much of the show's) feels natural and character-driven. It's not tacky and over-written or anything, which is similar to Home Movies. I like that though, it's closer to King of the Hill where it doesn't constantly feel like the show is trying really hard.
    Signature.

Blog Entries

"MY character's like Jack Braur. ...From 25."

One of the most hilarious interviews I've ever seen. So to whoever was wondering earlier, yes, they do a lot of improv.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iambobdole1 View Post
    You do realize the show's only aired two episodes, right?
    You're right, we should all stop speculating about the show completely until its had at least 6 seasons.

That interview was hilarious. I love Kristen and Eugene even more.

I didn't expect Eugene to look like a bigger version of Gene, like he jumped right out of the cartoon. That trips me out.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't look at him without remembering him choke someone to death with a scarf in Delocated

Really enjoyed the second episode, which for me says a lot that they could still make the absolutely tired plot of "my in-laws suck but hey, they helped me out??" not be boring as shit. Louise, holy shit she's my favorite character now apart from Bob. Fucking hilarious. I want a gif of her seance with the counselor. I loved almost everything about how much she just fucks with everyone she comes into contact with. Tina is creepy but I am liking her a little more than last time. I figure I can still warm up to Gene but he's just sort of there being an obnoxious boy who likes farts. Not much to him, yet. I did like his keyboard with the grandparents' voices mapped to it. And Bob..love him. Warming up to Linda, too. Hoping this show keeps it up.

Everyone in that interview looks jittery as fuck. Well, more so John and Kristen. Like they chugged several Red Bull minutes before.

EDIT: Oh yeah and as tiny as it is, the picture of the kids when they were babies in the background of the apartment is adorable. Especially Tina's pic.

And the music in this show is great.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Junior Camper

I just bought The Flight Of The Conchords because they were on The Simpsons. Never watched it before. Ironic that two people from that show are voices on Bob's Burgers which I like.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find it hard to listen to Kristen Schaal's voice and not be happy. Bob and Louise seem to have been written with Jon Benjamin and Kristen in mind, and they have very unique voices and persona's so it stands to reason they'll stand out the most at this stage, hopefully the others will evolve over time.

Would be seriously hilarious if Louise became this beloved pop cultural icon of Bartmania levels of fame.

The T-shirt quotes would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    it sucked fucking shit bananas.

Blog Entries

Paul F Tompkins on tonight's episode. Fucking stoked.

Blog Entries

I love this show...... but i think they will need to leave the burger joint at some point
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Quote Originally Posted by dave9199 View Post
    I just bought The Flight Of The Conchords because they were on The Simpsons. Never watched it before. Ironic that two people from that show are voices on Bob's Burgers which I like.
    How is that in the least bit ironic? If anything it's the exact opposite of irony.

Didn't like the third episode.

canadian. likes the hockeys arii's Avatar

I missed most of the first act because screw Global and it decided to cut into this show instead of The Simpsons for whatever reason, but I still liked what I saw.

Gene and Louise pouncing on that woman and gnawing on her legs actually had me cracking up pretty good for a bit there.

Second time in a row I feel asleep during a new episode.

That's how dumb this show is.

Blog Entries

I can't help noticing a lot of the criticism of this show is coming from people who still watch new Simpsons.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New episode wasn't as good as last week's. (Cow poop sub-plot was kinda stupid) But it still had a lot of good moments. For some reason the way Gene said "you're gonna be a STAR" made me laugh out loud.

Still showing alot of promise, hope the show does okay.

Blog Entries

ep 3 had me cracking up the most

don't listen to him randy. you go ahead and milk that cow
    milk it good

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just watched Episode 3 which was great. Gene was great in this one (aswell as Bob and Louise who are always great). Tina is pretty damn disturbing but got some good laughs from her aswell. Not a huge fan of Linda really though. Louise and Bob had me cracking up ridiculously frequently. Those two are really great characters.

Liked the plot. Wasn't TOO cliche really. Well less so than the first two episodes. This is probably my fave episode so far. But yeah, really liking this show. Hope so hard that it lasts.

Also 'I know what that spells' 'Ass' 'Mom, ass.' was a really great kid moment. Aww man Louise is great.

Thundercougerfalconbird Dave Shutton's Avatar

loved it, can't go wrong with Todd Barry and Brendon Small
    Tapped Out Origin ID: jbartle25, feel free to add me

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Just watched episodes 2&3 yesterday. Both were really great but episode 2 was certainly better. The voice acting in this show is superb and every character generates a few laughs an episode. I think in terms of style it is much more Home Movies esque than King Of The Hill. Still really great show I hope they can get at least a season out of this as the rating are already terrible.

Blog Entries

another fine episode

could've done without the poop subplot though...

God, Todd Barry as the cow was a great touch. Almost like a Ben Katz/Todd reunion. Love this show.

Tina is really a great character. To me she's so much funnier by being a girl and I'm glad they changed her from a boy. Her character opens up more opportunities for awkward, personal jokes like Meg Griffin tends to be the butt of. Just that total lack of social ability she displays in her voice, like when she points out that cows can't walk down stairs, has me laughing a lot.
    Another thing I like is there really doesn't seem to be any foils to the wacky characters because they all are. The Simpsons has Lisa and Marge and Family Guy has Lois and Brian, but really the whole family is just zany here. Bob and Linda show some sense whenever they need to stand out as the "right" character, yet they are just as humorous as the rest. I actually remember one of Linda's lines before a commercial having me laughing quite hard, something unfortunately TV moms rarely have me doing.

Blog Entries

The cast in this is so great I can't help thinking I'd rather just see them all together improvising whatever they like. Good show though the characters are developing nicely.

For the greater good SIR oinks alot's Avatar

The Characters are really quite hilarious, especially Bob and Louise, but the thing they need to move on from the "Something-comes-along-that-threatens-the-restaurant-and-annoys-Bob" plotline. But otherwise, I'm laughing, so I'll continue to watch it.

“THIS IS THE BEST DREAM I'VE EVER HAD! EVERYBODY PEE ON THE FLOOR! WHO'S WITH ME!?!”

Quote Originally Posted by The Flimpsons View Post
    Tina is really a great character. To me she's so much funnier by being a girl and I'm glad they changed her from a boy. Her character opens up more opportunities for awkward, personal jokes like Meg Griffin tends to be the butt of. Just that total lack of social ability she displays in her voice, like when she points out that cows can't walk down stairs, has me laughing a lot.
    Another thing I like is there really doesn't seem to be any foils to the wacky characters because they all are. The Simpsons has Lisa and Marge and Family Guy has Lois and Brian, but really the whole family is just zany here. Bob and Linda show some sense whenever they need to stand out as the "right" character, yet they are just as humorous as the rest. I actually remember one of Linda's lines before a commercial having me laughing quite hard, something unfortunately TV moms rarely have me doing.
    Also, Tina has always been a girl, just maybe a weird bisexual one voiced by a guy
    “On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time.”

Blog Entries

xie was originally written as a boy but they decided to change hir to a girl at some point

I saw it mentioned in a comic con video

really enjoying this show

louise is the best

Thread Information