Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2795

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

OK i rewatched human flesh (i'm going back and watching all the episodes) and, having rewatched this pilot for the third time (first time was the day it premiered, i hated it, and after i'd grown to kinda like the show, i rewatched it again, and i thought it was ok). however, this time, i liked it. i especially liked the exchange where bob tries to help hugo out of a double-parked spot. the animation actually seems primitive compared to the new episodes, which is weird, because i always thought it was the same, but the drawings aren't as detailed.
    Last edited by Sam; 01-30-2014 at 05:57 PM.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

The pilot imo felt weak at the beginning, but I didn't think it was that bad and I saw that it had potential. I didn't see it lasting this long though.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

yeah, even having it become really funny and good, i wouldn't have either. it wasn't and still isn't really a network-type show and i never saw it appealing to such a crowd. sure, its ratings aren't great, but i guess they're good enough and it's clear that fox really likes it.

I think networks have really lowered their expectations when it comes to ratings in recent years, and as a result shows like Bob's Burgers, Parks and Recreation, Community, etc. are given a chance when they wouldn't have lasted a month 10 years ago. And perhaps scripted TV is becoming better as a result.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

^Um, half of those were due to the fact that they're on NBC, a pitiful network who can't successfully sell a comedy to save its life anymore.

Bob's Burgers was in luck in that it had slightly better ratings than the other animated trash FOX tried to dump there, and Kevin Reilly actually likes the show.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Apparently Fox's Tuesday night comedies--New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Mindy Project--are not raking in the ratings either, but Fox seems to like the shows enough to not give up yet (although Mindy is going away until spring for some "retooling," apparently). I think they're banking on the Super Bowl to bring some new weekly viewers to New Girl and Brooklyn.

This Friday's table read (released on Monday):

I guess the plot is something about Tina becoming a hallway monitor.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Train on the Water View Post
    Apparently Fox's Tuesday night comedies--New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Mindy Project--are not raking in the ratings either, but Fox seems to like the shows enough to not give up yet (although Mindy is going away until spring for some "retooling," apparently). I think they're banking on the Super Bowl to bring some new weekly viewers to New Girl and Brooklyn.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Mindy got the ax at the end of this season, since it's only in season 2 and is getting the lowest ratings of all the shows mentioned. New Girl will probably barrel through for at least one more season to get in syndication and Brooklyn is gaining some more momentum due to critical acclaim. As for Bob, it's getting as good of ratings as the other animated shows and since AD is getting shipped off to TBS, it'll almost certainly stay on for at least one more season to get syndication as well
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Squirrel View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Mindy got the ax at the end of this season, since it's only in season 2 and is getting the lowest ratings of all the shows mentioned. New Girl will probably barrel through for at least one more season to get in syndication and Brooklyn is gaining some more momentum due to critical acclaim. As for Bob, it's getting as good of ratings as the other animated shows and since AD is getting shipped off to TBS, it'll almost certainly stay on for at least one more season to get syndication as well
    Bob's will be on for season six with the large amount of episodes ordered, so it's pretty much guaranteed for a while.

Blog Entries

Oh shit, I just realized with season 3 turning out to be a full 22 episode order along with seasons 4 and 5 it will bring the show to 100 episodes.
    Kool man.

Blog Entries

Screenshot from the upcoming March 9th episode

Hmmm, maybe it's "The Frond Files"?

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: aoife

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Screenshot from the upcoming March 9th episode

Hmmm, maybe it's "The Frond Files"?
    I can't think of any other episode than that as its production code is 4ASA04 and it's pretty close to that. Btw Insomnia, you are correct. If every season equals to twenty-two, then the sixth season (broadcast wise) will feature its 100th and 101st episode, which is how far it is ordered so far.

Also, where the hell did you find it?

Edit: Nvm, it was Bouchard's. I keep forgetting he has his now. I just checked, no that is not The Frond Files. This episode would be The Equestranauts, which is 4ASA04 thanks to the Copyright Catalog. You know what this also means? NO FUCKING UNCLE TEDDY EPISODE STILL. ugh.

Blog Entries

I really want to see "Uncle Teddy and it's weird as the Sleepover episode on directtv had the synopsis for Uncle Teddy in it.

I really want to see "Uncle Teddy and it's weird as the Sleepover episode on directtv had the synopsis for Uncle Teddy in it.
    Trust me, everyone got confused. The only thing that confirmed that it was the Sleepover episode (which was one of the weakest episodes IMO) was Fox Flash's promo images. How does a listing like that get screwed up for everybody?

That reminds me of when the digital cable synopsis of an AD episode mentioned Stan and Lois

Blog Entries

I'm hoping that episode is still set for this season as it sounds great and I love the movie Uncle Buck. Also I'm wondering if the 2 part episode coming up will air as a 1 hour finale, will air as one episode per week or if it will be a cliff hanger for the season. I can't stop thinking about the possibilities.

Since they are doing at least 1 week (presumably the finale) with 2 new Simpsons episodes on one night I wonder if they will do the same with bob, or will it just be Family Guy?

I'm hoping that episode is still set for this season as it sounds great and I love the movie Uncle Buck. Also I'm wondering if the 2 part episode coming up will air as a 1 hour finale, will air as one episode per week or if it will be a cliff hanger for the season. I can't stop thinking about the possibilities.

Since they are doing at least 1 week (presumably the finale) with 2 new Simpsons episodes on one night I wonder if they will do the same with bob, or will it just be Family Guy?
    I think they're airing the two-parter finale back-to-back. I don't know for sure as that would be pretty long to wait, especially for a musical, but IDK. Uncle Teddy will air this season, why it hasn't aired yet is beyond me. Let's not forget that Mutiny on the Windbreaker was delayed for a while too, Bad Tina aired in its place.

Blog Entries

The 2 parter is going to be a fucking musical!!??
    Oh I need it now please!

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Irvine

Nice, I hope they also release a soundtrack one of these days

Blog Entries

I hope we get a soundtrack someday of all the songs from the show.
    Also I'm totally fine with the show getting to 100 episodes and ending since the show has been so great, but what would be better is if they decide to end the show after season 8 (and if the quality is still very good) , it would almost be like big fuck you to the simps, since they should have ended after season 8.

Well there is a Linda CD coming out this year. I know it's not enough, I still need Electric Love in full form on CD. Bob's Burgers is such an unlikely show that should fit with musicals and it works perfectly.

Back on the image Bouchard posted, it MIGHT be The Frond Files, but I'm failing to believe it due to the production code.

Blog Entries

A Linda CD? Where did ya hear that? I need source.

Loren Bouchard mentioned it once or twice in interviews from a while back. I really should keep a tidy list of sources wherever I carry my news.

Edit: It was at Comic Con: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/35...inda-songs.htm Since then, there have been no updates. :/
    Last edited by Startug; 02-12-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, a Linda CD.

I would sample it out of curiosity.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

ugh hopefully we'll see uncle teddy soon

I have a bad feeling the two-parter won't be aired til S5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ugh hopefully we'll see uncle teddy soon

I have a bad feeling the two-parter won't be aired til S5.
    Nah, the two-parter IS going to be the finale of S4 as already said in an interview. They've got enough episode slots to do it with as its production codes are 4ASA09 and 10.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    I think they're airing the two-parter finale back-to-back..
    I hope so. Burgers is not the kind of show where I want cliffhangers.
    If the Linda album gets recorded/released, I will definitely find out and share the info here.

I hope the Linda CD branches out beyond the Bob's songs, maybe she can do a cover or a duet

"Tis!" replied Aunt Helga hobblinharry's Avatar

I love this show! I think Bob's Burgers is one of the freshest sitcom to come around in a dozen years. I want to know when the next episode airs though. Is FOX waiting for the Olympics to be over to not compete?

Blog Entries

The next one airs on March 9th

Thread Information