Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2795

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Wow, the Bob's Burgers demo pilot is insanely creepy. The whole cast looks weird, but Bob in particular looks like a crude, pedophile-esque version of himself. Also had no clue Tina was originally a boy. Good thing they changed her.

Blog Entries

yeah agreed. tina's weird teenage girl awkward-isms are my favorite aspect of her.

She's probably the best kid Belcher. Gene and Louise tend to grate on my nerves after a while, but Louise is just kinda sweet in her awkwardness.

Blog Entries

According to the tumblr, Bob's Burgers has JUST been approved to use the word 'penis' in an upcoming episode. Big whoop, you guys already managed to use the word dick, but you couldn't use dildo, and now you could say penis.

Fox, what the hell is wrong with you?

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

part four of the av club walkthrough:
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/showr...-and-o,102226/

interesing note about it, loren actively acknolwedges the weakness of the ending of family fracas. I have to agree: it just doesn't work. not sure if the alternate, ditched ending would've worked either.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    According to the tumblr, Bob's Burgers has JUST been approved to use the word 'penis' in an upcoming episode. Big whoop, you guys already managed to use the word dick, but you couldn't use dildo, and now you could say penis.

Fox, what the hell is wrong with you?
    Pretty sure they have said it before? I think Linda said it sometime in season 2 or 3. I know Gene's said vagina before, too.
    EDIT: Oh, I think I understand. It's not that it's their first time using it, it's just that it was such a battle with the censors in this particular case, apparently.

And yeah, I came here to post about the Family Fracas ending as well. I think pretty much everyone at NHC was unsatisfied with the ending - to the point it may have been the least popular episode of the season. It was interesting in part 3 how Loren went on so much about how afraid he is to use rain in the show because apparently it depresses people. So I would think ending an episode on a cruel note would be a bigger deal during production than whether the damn rain's falling.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Family Fracas wasn't the weakest episode in the season for me, but it was close. It Snakes a Village takes that place, but that may be gone after a rewatch.

Blog Entries

I love Family Fracas and its ending. Great ep.

Decent ep...not nearly as good as I expected with such a potentially fruitful premise. Slightly better than "It Snakes A Village" I'd say.

Best episode is still "Tina-Rannosaurus Wrecks" by a long, long, margin.

Of season 3? Nah. That episode was great don't get me wrong, but I think the third season winner might belong to An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal.

I don't laugh that much at Bob's Burgers, but "Tina-Rannasaurus" had me doubled over. The only episode of BBs to ever do that to me. Plus the ridiculous scheme Bob had so the guy would think the kids were dead was equally hilarious. "Thanksgiving" was solid, but it's got nothing on "Wrecks". Best ep of the series, IMO of course.

Update: We finally got some production codes up in this catalog:

4ASA04: The Equestranauts
    4ASA07: The Kids Run Awa (sic)

I really don't know if that last one is supposed to be The Kids Run Away or not. I'm going to go ahead and say that it is.

Blog Entries

Nah you're all wrong.
    The Deepening was the best of season 3 followed by Indecent and than Lazor Razor.

Blog Entries

Last part of the walkthrough: http://www.avclub.com/articles/bobs-...he-end,102274/

Loren talks quite a bit about next season, and apparently the camping episode was originally the S3 finale, pushed to the premiere of S4. A little funny since Kamp Krusty was originally the S3 Simpsons finale, pushed to the premiere of S4.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

I kinda don't like that they're doing halloween and thanksgiving episodes again... I'm sure they'll be good and all, but it just messes with the cartoon conceit that everything takes place in one year and then I'm left agonizing over Which Thanksgiving Is The Canon One

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

I like to think they all take place in alternate realities

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Last part of the walkthrough: http://www.avclub.com/articles/bobs-...he-end,102274/

Loren talks quite a bit about next season, and apparently the camping episode was originally the S3 finale, pushed to the premiere of S4. A little funny since Kamp Krusty was originally the S3 Simpsons finale, pushed to the premiere of S4.
    Well, we just HAD to have two Family Guys and two of everything that night, now didn't we?

Wouldn't the two Simpsons be more to blame?

Yeah, I suppose. FOX is really to blame though. They wanted two of Family Guy, but they wanted two of Cleveland Show to finally be rid of it and not have to distribute the episodes over syndication. So I guess they decide to make it Happy Hour on AD.

Well hey, we still got 23 episodes of Bob's Burgers this season. Better than American Dad, which keeps coming to us in seasons of 18 and 19 for some stupid reason.

Well, that depends if FOX wants to go over 22 with Bob's Burgers. I call season 3 pretty lucky, American Dad rarely got that chance.

I'm not even sure AD could have gone over 20 last year, considering they aired every episode in the production season besides the Christmas one (2 aired the year before, that's why it was only 19). Then again they might have had ones done from the current production season, but I'm not sure, because that was a later pickup if I recall. For once hopefully we'll get all 22 episodes this year plus the Xmas special, if only cause the move to TBS.

Bob's didn't start airing it's third production season til halfway through the broadcast season, so they could have kept going. As Loren said, the season premiere was meant to be last years finale.

Twenty-four would have been a great amount for Bob's Burgers, but I guess it means we have a little more next season.

I think I found the real reason to Teddy thinking Bob's name is Bob Burgers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Matc...item1c365cf28c

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Sorry for the triple post, but here is what Loren's response on the bastardized Season 2 release said:

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Bouchard
    i'm really, really disappointed that there wasn't a proper bob's season 2 (or 3) dvd release. i don't know anything about the economics of it all but i really like doing a dvd at the end of a season of television. it's like entering it into the books - a way to make a physical thing that maybe they'll find someday. but it's gotta be packed full of extras and commentaries and outtakes and what not, otherwise it doesn't count. SO... i'm gonna do my best to make sure we catch up at some point - do a big box set kind of thing.
    Source: http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Guest...68777549#M2294
    I think I'll post some more answers on here later.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

I'd love a Big Royale Deluxe Boxset with Cheese, containing everything eventually of course, and on Region 2. That'll be awesmazing

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Well, at least now I know not to bother buying any Bob's Burgers DVDs until the show has been over for a while.
    How to remaster

I'm hoping they release the show in Blu-ray. With the show on DVD, the quality is atrocious.

Blog Entries

yeah, honestly any animated show made in HD for some reason looks awful on non-upscaled DVD. why isn't fox putting their shows on blu-ray? it, financially, makes no sense not to do it. what's the point of even taking all their shows and making them in HD if a lot of people aren't ever going to have it in that format?

Thread Information