Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Nice clips @shoz999 thanks for sharing!

Since I am the administrator of Bob's Burgers Wiki, I have full access to FOX's Flash Site. Should I upload the images here too on the same day they're announced, or would it spoil it for anybody? My brother considers them spoilers so I don't show him any of them until after the episode.

I absolutely adore this show. It's the best animated sitcom since South Park imo. It also has the best animated family dynamic since, well, The Simpsons.

Blog Entries

New promos for Mutiny on The Windbreaker.

Look at Linda's sunburn!

This must be the Manatee puppet that Gene falls in love with according to the PR a while back, seems a cute subplot.

Bob meeting Captain Flarty (voiced by the brilliant Jeffrey Tambor)

Titanic Parody

Abandon For Bob's Burgers

The Captain's Pet Capybara

Special Guest Chef

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

Oh Jeffery Tambor I assume! He's awsome! I love his voice.

That is correct. They've got a great list of guest stars to look forward too, and Jeffrey Tambor is Captain Flarty in that episode. Bob Odenkirk will voice a crooked insurance adjuster in Tina-Rannosaurus Wrecks on December 2, Zach Galifianakis plays as Chet, a man who believes he was a mannequin at one point in God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins on December 16, then sometime in the spring Jon Hamm is voicing a talking toilet.

I'm not joking. These sounded fake the first time I heard about them, but it's all true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    That is correct. They've got a great list of guest stars to look forward too, and Jeffrey Tambor is Captain Flarty in that episode. Bob Odenkirk will voice a crooked insurance adjuster in Tina-Rannosaurus Wrecks on December 2, Zach Galifianakis plays as Chet, a man who believes he was a mannequin at one point in God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins on December 16, then sometime in the spring Jon Hamm is voicing a talking toilet.

I'm not joking. These sounded fake the first time I heard about them, but it's all true.
    I have to admit that I was a little worried the 1st time I read about those appearances. I was worried that the show was probably attempting to be 'wacky' but now I guess I'm looking forward to those episodes. But they'll still have the wit and the charm of the show I came to love, I'm sure.

Louise laughing at the Titanic sinking...oh my God. Hilarious stuff, but I only watched that because otherwise the clips will already be a good 4-5 minutes of the episode.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I have to admit that I was a little worried the 1st time I read about those appearances. I was worried that the show was probably attempting to be 'wacky' but now I guess I'm looking forward to those episodes. But they'll still have the wit and the charm of the show I came to love, I'm sure.
    When I saw the first episode and didn't expect the greatest potential to come out by just two episodes, I was afraid it would stay at that medium level for the rest of the series. It keeps getting better and better, even when a few episodes aren't as great as others, they aren't any less than good. What I love is how wacky the plots sound at first, then when you watch them, it feels very well done. I remember that when someone released information about the third season press release, I thought it was fake since he didn't give me a source. Mr. Fischoeder buying a mechanical shark and Louise's ears are stolen sounded really fake to me at first, then I saw the release and thought "It's Bob's Burgers, you cannot predict their plots very well." With Simpsons or Family Guy, their plots have basically dried up where it's all just formulaic. I hope that when Bob's Burgers ends, it is up to the creators to say how and when it ends, not when the network cancels it or makes it a constant pain to watch every week.

Blog Entries

I wish the UK would give Bob's Burgers better treatment (Tonight's episode looks fantastic BTW). Channel 4 gives it a random slot at like 2am or something once a week alongside...*shudder* Allen Gregory....and it's only season 1 episodes. I have no idea when E4 plans to start airing the new ones (Not that it matters since I just download them when they air in the US, but it's nice every now and then to be like "Oh sweet, Bob is on TV!")
    How to remaster

Sorry to hear! It is quite unfair that other audiences don't get to enjoy the brilliance that is of Bob's Burgers from outside North America. Since it seems that not many people in our country know why this show is awesome, I wish other countries would be given a chance since I know that different cultures may find this show funnier than some do here.

Blog Entries

When I saw the first episode and didn't expect the greatest potential to come out by just two episodes, I was afraid it would stay at that medium level for the rest of the series. It keeps getting better and better, even when a few episodes aren't as great as others, they aren't any less than good. What I love is how wacky the plots sound at first, then when you watch them, it feels very well done. I remember that when someone released information about the third season press release, I thought it was fake since he didn't give me a source. Mr. Fischoeder buying a mechanical shark and Louise's ears are stolen sounded really fake to me at first, then I saw the release and thought "It's Bob's Burgers, you cannot predict their plots very well." With Simpsons or Family Guy, their plots have basically dried up where it's all just formulaic. I hope that when Bob's Burgers ends, it is up to the creators to say how and when it ends, not when the network cancels it or makes it a constant pain to watch every week.
    I don't think that the show's ever in danger of getting stale like FG or TS considering that the show has had consistently high quality in every episode throughout it's 3 year run (wow, that's gone fast!) . Also thinking about it again, it's gonna be the 'wacky' ideas that are going to keep the show alive. This may sound off putting to some, but I think there's something about the show that makes these plots work.

Slightly off topic; we're getting 2 Gene-centric episodes in the season now including the toilet one? Hopefully he'll grow into a likeable character of his own and slowly climb out of the 'annoying but oddly cute kid.' category.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I wish the UK would give Bob's Burgers better treatment (Tonight's episode looks fantastic BTW). Channel 4 gives it a random slot at like 2am or something once a week alongside...*shudder* Allen Gregory....and it's only season 1 episodes. I have no idea when E4 plans to start airing the new ones (Not that it matters since I just download them when they air in the US, but it's nice every now and then to be like "Oh sweet, Bob is on TV!")
    Bob's should be back in either January or March like it was last year. You know what I think is a good slot for Bob's on C4? Friday nights at 9:00 like when they used to air S11/12/13/14 of The Simpsons uncut. It'd bring in big numbers instead of that silly graveyard slot they've put it in.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear! It is quite unfair that other audiences don't get to enjoy the brilliance that is of Bob's Burgers from outside North America. Since it seems that not many people in our country know why this show is awesome, I wish other countries would be given a chance since I know that different cultures may find this show funnier than some do here.
    A lot of people I know saw it when E4 was giving it a fair chance and thought it was a dull, unfunny show about a boring guy with mentally handicapped kids (Especially TIna) I know like, one or maybe two people who sorta like it.

Then everyone just seemed to forget it existed and diverted their attention back to Family Guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    A lot of people I know saw it when E4 was giving it a fair chance and thought it was a dull, unfunny show about a boring guy with mentally handicapped kids (Especially TIna) I know like, one or maybe two people who sorta like it.

Then everyone just seemed to forget it existed and diverted their attention back to Family Guy.
    A lot of my mates at college haven't even heard of it. One mate did like the episodes I've shown him when we were in the library once though, but he wasn't a regular watcher because his other shows got in the way (like soddin' Family Guy). In fact we almost got thrown out because we were laughing at Marshmallow so much in "Sheesh! Cab Bob?"

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I don't think that the show's ever in danger of getting stale like FG or TS considering that the show has had consistently high quality in every episode throughout it's 3 year run (wow, that's gone fast!) . Also thinking about it again, it's gonna be the 'wacky' ideas that are going to keep the show alive. This may sound off putting to some, but I think there's something about the show that makes these plots work.

Slightly off topic; we're getting 2 Gene-centric episodes in the season now including the toilet one? Hopefully he'll grow into a likeable character of his own and slowly climb out of the 'annoying but oddly cute kid.' category.
    I think you mean "its three year run." Also, it hasn't exactly been 3 years just yet. It's in its third season, but the show started on January 9, 2011 to be exact.

As for people knowing about Bob's Burgers, it's hard to find anybody near me that knows about it. Whenever I ask, they think Family Guy or something like that. I found maybe just one fan of the show when I went to my youth group, but any of my friends who watch it only watch it because I got to show it to them. The show is poorly advertised, even when FOX has announced their deep love for it. FOX is strange. They love Seth MacFarlane, but they also love Bob's Burgers. I've noticed that Bob's Burgers has been given a large chance by FOX while Cleveland Show is close to being cancelled after their order is up. American Dad has been renewed far enough, but there is also a good chance that FOX won't show enough grace for it. Family Guy's only chance of ending is if Seth MacFarlane finally says "Today... I think I'm going to be smart and end my favorite show's life." Along with that, FOX has shown a different passion for The Simpsons. They appear to only renew it because it is quite successful with the ratings, no matter how boring it is. It will only end if Matt Groening hangs up his coat or one of the main cast members will die. Bottom line: FOX loves Bob's Burgers creatively and love its style, while they're realizing that Seth MacFarlane is running out of ideas and Matt Groening doesn't do anymore ideas.
    This clip basically sums up whenever Seth is coming up with a new "idea" to FOX:

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky, Swoony

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nice!

So ture.

How will the season 2 dvd set be released?

Will it only be nine episodes?
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 11-15-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Heres a preview for the Thanksgiving episode, it looks great.

It probably will be. FOX is pretty lousy on releasing DVDs these days, but I hope the special features will make it what it's worth.
    They need this series on Blu-ray. It's too good to be on DVD.

Blog Entries

I hope they release Bob on Blu-ray but I doubt they will, I mean Family Guy and American Dad arent even on blu yet. The only reason The Simpsons are on Blu-ray is because Fox knows it will sell well.
    Hopefully someday though

It was only on Blu-ray for the 20th season I believe.
    I'm guessing that when FOX can afford the Blu-ray distribution, they'll release Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, and all their modern shows on Blu-ray. They can afford Archer though.

Blog Entries

No seasons 13,14 and 15, and beyond are all blu-ray too.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Archer, Futurama, the Simpsons, Sunny in Philly.. all release on BD now.

Actually Archer is the only animated show I know of where you can get all the sets on BD.

Also not FOX shows but the Venture Bros and Metalocalypse release on BD too.

Out of all the shows, Bob's Burgers has released the most clips, more than what The Simpsons do.

Last edited by Santa Shoz; 11-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

"You love it!!" - Gene.

Yes, I do Gene.. yes, I do.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Boy, they need to lower the number of clips their releasing, it's a spoiler-alert of some of the best parts of the episodes.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Swoony

Yeah... they should do just one preview per episode, that's it. Nothing more.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I believe that FOX will release season two proper with the full set of production season two episodes.

But if they don't.. I assume it will at least be 13 episodes.

Keep in mind that FOX actually likes Bob's unlike Futurama, and... blah blah the list goes on of shows canceled to soon.

Thread Information