Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

I can't wait for Netflix to get season 2 so I can get caught up!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Okay don't ask me how I know... it's a secret (not really) ... but internally at Fox.. the tentative "plan" is to run the show for about four seasons.. (if the ratings keep up) giving the show enough eps for good syndication cash.

It used to be 100 eps was the magic syndication number... but now 70-80+ episodes is looked at as just fine in terms of enough re-runs for a sustainable syndication.

Look at what Fox has done with Family Guy... it has really taught Fox a lesson about not pulling the plug on anything that has a core base audience with meh ratings and nice dvd sales.
    Fringe for example (the old Fox would not have finished the show with a final run) has meh ratings but nice dvd sales and a nice fanbase so Fox decided to pony up some money and finish the series.. giving it a wondeful 100 episode run... pretty good for a show that almost gets canned each year.

From what I've read Bob's Season One DVD set has sold slightly above immediate expectations.. but please, if you like the show.. go buy the DVD.

DVD sales are really just as important to Fox right now as the ratings numbers each week.

If a show bombs in the ratings but sales well on DVD... look at what happened to Futurama, Family Guy, and even shows like Fringe to an extent... good fan bases and good dvd sales really help win the day.

Please, if you love this show.. get up and buy Bob's Burgers: Season One on DVD today.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.

While I'm awaiting a response, I can currently say that they've got three t-shirts for sale, all three from the first three episodes of the second season.

Other than the t-shirts, they have the first season on DVD. If you're picky on quality, I'd say that the episodes aren't in high definition like I would've wished, but the extras TOTALLY make up for that, such as the hilarious commentaries, the awesome audio outtakes for Bed & Breakfast and Sexy Dance Fighting, and not to mention, the original "demo" presented by Loren Bouchard.
    The commentary is great. In the first episode, it opens up with H. Jon Benjamin yelling "BOO!!! BOO!!! FUCK YOU!!!" at the intro, as a joke to most of the haters who judged too harshly on it. Pardon me if I'm not allowed to use this type of language, I'm a bit new.
    Also, thanks for the comment on the avatar! Even as a Christian, George Carlin was one of my heroes before he passed away. I will miss his awesome comedic acts on stage.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I loved it when Jon boooed the show, so fucking funny.

And to learn how he does McGuirk with his pants pulled up and Archer with his chest puffed up and Bob slouched over was awesome.

I just started noticing all the subtle nuances in each performance... the man is a genius!

KOTH + HOME MOVIES + ALL NEW GENIUS = Bob's Burgers!

I bought the DVD on April 17, 2012 when I was at my grandparents for a couple weeks. After earning enough money from mowing their lawn, I went over, bought it, and played the commentaries in the bedroom where I was sleeping. The vulgarity was totally unexpected, and I remember laughing so hard from H. Jon Benjamin's yelling, so I turned the TV down a bit. Nobody heard, thankfully. Usually, I expect the commentary from the Futurama DVD's, and they usually keep their language as if it was on TV. Not to say that the language is bad at all, just that I didn't see it coming.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    I bought the DVD on April 17, 2012 when I was at my grandparents for a couple weeks. After earning enough money from mowing their lawn, I went over, bought it, and played the commentaries in the bedroom where I was sleeping. The vulgarity was totally unexpected, and I remember laughing so hard from H. Jon Benjamin's yelling, so I turned the TV down a bit. Nobody heard, thankfully. Usually, I expect the commentary from the Futurama DVD's, and they usually keep their language as if it was on TV. Not to say that the language is bad at all, just that I didn't see it coming.
    It did have a sticker on the box talking about outrageous features to hot for T.V.
    They weren't lying.... first line of the first commentary...

H. Jon: "Booooooo booooo, fuck you, boooo FUCK YOU.. piece of crap show!"

Something along those lines... and it's awesome!

The audio outtakes are great too... with gems like Bob yelling: "Leave my restaurant, you fat piece of shit!!"
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.

and the total episode count by then would be 58!
    My math is so terrible, I meant 57.

Banned
    Blog Entries

My math is so terrible, I meant 57.
    57... is right... as long as we get a full production season three order.

Then with a full season four that'd be 79 total episodes... a man can dream.

Like most good things.. I don't want the show to go forever.. but the show deserves four or five seasons at least... and that would be 79-101 episodes.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Pardon me if I'm not allowed to use this type of language, I'm a bit new.
    You're allowed, swear like a sailor if you want.

Also I must have that commentary! Sure, it's funny in my head but I bet it'll be laugh out loud funny actually hearing him say that.

That'd be great, and I do see a few chances of it happening with FOX really liking Loren Bouchard's work. As usual, anything is possible, so they may one day decide to give them the finger when Seth pulls up his "fourth show" that now focuses on a mother with the same formulaic kids from the rest of Seth's show. That was going to happen, but I never heard any news since then.

Good thing I can swear here, but I'll downplay it a bit.

Has H. Jon Benjamin always been a huge star or is he up and coming?

Banned
    Blog Entries

I feel he's an huge 'underground' star - only cool people know him by name.

Banned
    Blog Entries

So... Bob's season 2 finale promos are up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2sHXLa722c

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

quality is always better than quantity. Season 2 of Bob's Burgers, IMO, didn't have one single episode I would consider bad. Let's face it, its extremely rare for a 21+ episode season show to not have any duds, though the Simpsons pretty much did that in Seasons 2-8... though again, it is rare.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I've at least LIKED all the episodes they have made and aired thus far... in truth a few eps took repeat viewings for me to like them, but the show is fast becoming my new favorite animated show.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneFamous View Post
    Season 2 of Bob's Burgers, IMO, didn't have one single episode I would consider bad.
    I wouldn't consider any BB episode bad. So far, I have never given a Bob's Burgers episode anything less than a 4/5.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

I've never seen an episode I didn't like. Sure, there were some that weren't as great as others, but they weren't bad.

Blog Entries

Oh hell naw.

Cool

As being a big fan of Bob's Burgers, I've been the head administrator of the Bob's Burgers Wiki, using the Wikia software. It was started by someone very new to it, and he left it untouched for months. Starting in December, I took it over and gave it a new look, along with great changes to the episode pages. I hardly go there without being logged in, so I don't know what regular people might see. If anyone feels that it is worth taking a look at, go here. I currently have one "rival" that is trying to be a wiki, but it hasn't gotten far, and it is more than likely to copy anything I type on Wikia. lol

Sorry if it happens to be against the rules to advertise another site, I thought it may be of use to some here. Hope to have some feedback. If anyone complains of too many ads, either log in, or just ignore them. I've never had ad problems there, although someone complained about them.

Blog Entries

The commentary is great. In the first episode, it opens up with H. Jon Benjamin yelling "BOO!!! BOO!!! FUCK YOU!!!" at the intro, as a joke to most of the haters who judged too harshly on it. Pardon me if I'm not allowed to use this type of language, I'm a bit new.
    I need to re-watch the pilot, because I felt like (at the time) it wasn't particularly good, although it showed promise. Maybe getting used to the characters over the first season would make the pilot better to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    I need to re-watch the pilot, because I felt like (at the time) it wasn't particularly good, although it showed promise. Maybe getting used to the characters over the first season would make the pilot better to watch.
    I was mixed with the pilot the first time I saw it, but after watching more episodes and rewatching that one in particular, it seemed much better. Looking back, it's not all that bad of an episode, just a rocky start for people unsuspecting it. I'd say you should follow your advice, it might just work!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think it probably is better on a re-watch. It just seems to be one of those things where the characters have initially off-putting qualities about them that it takes a couple episodes to get used to them. Stuff like Gene's bodily function jokes, Linda's mannish voice, Louise's hyperactivity, and Tina's general weirdness. Nowadays, with something like Linda's voice, I don't even really think about it, but the pilot episode sounded really forced and impression-y.

Even though they were probably joking in the commentary, it's still kinda understandable that critics didn't know what to make of the pilot.

Hope to have some feedback. If anyone complains of too many ads, either log in, or just ignore them. I've never had ad problems there, although someone complained about them.
    looks pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Yeah, I think it probably is better on a re-watch. It just seems to be one of those things where the characters have initially off-putting qualities about them that it takes a couple episodes to get used to them. Stuff like Gene's bodily function jokes, Linda's mannish voice, Louise's hyperactivity, and Tina's general weirdness. Nowadays, with something like Linda's voice, I don't even really think about it, but the pilot episode sounded really forced and impression-y.

Even though they were probably joking in the commentary, it's still kinda understandable that critics didn't know what to make of the pilot.
    For the newer episodes, I really forgot that Linda was voiced by a guy. John Roberts has really seemed to do the voice naturally since the second season.

Hahaha I had to remind my friend that both Tina and Linda are voiced by men.
    I think Bobs burgers is doing very well and right now I look forward to watching new episodes of BB
    than say new simpsons or Family Guy.

I laughed a lot in 'Bad Tina'.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Oh and if anyone hasn't been looking at their writers blog I've already posted up,
    the blog posted a link to this which I think is pretty cool;

Look out Barts chalk gags, looks like Bobs burger puns are following the tradition;

http://bobsburgeroftheday.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CMYK View Post
    Oh and if anyone hasn't been looking at their writers blog I've already posted up,
    the blog posted a link to this which I think is pretty cool;

Look out Barts chalk gags, looks like Bobs burger puns are following the tradition;

http://bobsburgeroftheday.tumblr.com/
    GOOD FIND! I was thinking the same thing, the puns are freakin' hilarious!

Blog Entries

Im still really happy that the show will return in fall for season 3 this year.

September 30th!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Self Proclaimed Messiah TheSecondComing's Avatar

But Bob you can't appear on a show without burgers. You're from two different worlds.
    Oh I've wasted my life.
    "We have a show upcoming where Lisa is convinced by Lunchlady Doris to eat bugs..."
    Al Jean 2012

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: laurso99

Thread Information