Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think Tina was originally named Daniel and they were originally actually going to be cannibals.

inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

Is there anywhere I can view the original pilot?
    Season Rankings
    7 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 15 > 14 > 16 > 18 > 17 > 20 > 19 > 21 > 22 > 23

Motto

If you do drugs, you go to hell, before you die. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsomniaDealer View Post
    I trust Al Jean more than I trust my own mother. That bitch.

Formerly known as E.A. Moz

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Yeah, I think Tina was originally named Daniel and they were originally actually going to be cannibals.
    THAT IS MESSED UP!

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    That is sooo Loren Bouchard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irvine_11 View Post
    Wikipedia put up a picture of the original designs of the characters.

that looks nice, if a little busy

It's good to see that the creators of the show decided to stick with what the sure currently is rather than being cannibals! I wouldn't see the show lasting long if they went with that route!

Blog Entries

Oh dear God....not only are those original designs creepy as fuck, but who honestly thought for a split second that any of these characters would be likeable or even watchable based on the premise that their all cannibals?
    How to remaster

So that explains why a good majority of the cast are males trying to voice women characters!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    The DVD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    So that explains why a good majority of the cast are males trying to voice women characters!
    Umm....it explains why Tina is voiced by a guy possibly, but that's it.

Linda is voiced by a male as well.

Blog Entries

linda being voiced by a man annoyed me for the first couple episodes but now I forget about it most of the time

Blog Entries

i don't pay attention to the end credits and didn't know she was voiced by a man. hm.

anyways, i just started watching this on netflix a couple days ago. I'm up to Sheesh! Cab, Bob? it's decent enough for me to keep watching the show but it's not as funny as i thought it would be. but at this point i'll stick it out with s1 and watch s2 either when it is on netflix or if i find it anywhere else on the web

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but today Fox has officially renewed Bob's Burgers for a 3rd season.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats View Post
    It's a bonus feature on the Season 1 DVD, along with some clips from the very first black and white scene that they pitched to the network (it's even freakier than the original pilot).
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted yet, but today Fox has officially renewed Bob's Burgers for a 3rd season.

It's a bonus feature on the Season 1 DVD, along with some clips from the very first black and white scene that they pitched to the network (it's even freakier than the original pilot).
    Well.. not really/totally.. they have just decided to air the rest of season two next year... a 3rd production season is yet to be ordered.

And Napoleon Dynamite is officially canned.

Just like A.D! next year.. it got picked up to air the rest of the already made eps... A.D! will air the seventh season production code eps next year... as a televised season 8... no production season 8 has been picked up yet, either... which would be the 9th televised season respectively.

It will be an interesting next couple of years... with the ratings the way they are... what shows will last?

UPDATE: YOU ARE RIGHT.. I WAS WRONG.. BOB's got a season three production order pick-up.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-16-2012 at 11:17 AM.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe miller View Post
    i don't pay attention to the end credits and didn't know she was voiced by a man. hm.

anyways, i just started watching this on netflix a couple days ago. I'm up to Sheesh! Cab, Bob? it's decent enough for me to keep watching the show but it's not as funny as i thought it would be. but at this point i'll stick it out with s1 and watch s2 either when it is on netflix or if i find it anywhere else on the web
    I think it's around that point that the show gets really solid, so keep watching.

That news about Bob's "3rd season" not really being the third season is kind of a bummer though. Not only does it make for watered-down DVD sets, but it means more waiting for less episodes.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    It will be an interesting next couple of years... with the ratings the way they are... what shows will last?
    Good question. If the Simpsons doesn't improve on ratings like Ned and Edna's blend, what's the point in keeping such an expensive show. Is merchandise still that lucrative?
    I'm guessing it is for the moment.

I'm annoyed that they haven't made any merchandise (Bobbleheads, figures, etc) yet! I'd love to get a Bob bobblehead!

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I'm annoyed that they haven't made any merchandise (Bobbleheads, figures, etc) yet! I'd love to get a Bob bobblehead!
    I want a Bob doll designed for doing Cake with.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

I'd totally buy a Bob bobblehead or some T-shirts.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    Well.. not really/totally.. they have just decided to air the rest of season two next year... a 3rd production season is yet to be ordered.

And Napoleon Dynamite is officially canned.

Just like A.D! next year.. it got picked up to air the rest of the already made eps... A.D! will air the seventh season production code eps next year... as a televised season 8... no production season 8 has been picked up yet, either... which would be the 9th televised season respectively.

Actually.. F what I wrote.. I am now being told.....
    Bob's was in fact picked up for a 13 episode third production run (that number could easily expand and spill over into a season four) as well!!

So next year could easily be a full twenty plus episode season.. with some left over for the next season.

Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-16-2012 at 07:18 PM.

With a 3rd season ordered, the show can finally get some merchandise out and extend their run!

Blog Entries

I don't know, I quite like the short seasons for Bob's Burgers. It gives them an opportunity to air only the finest quality episodes and enough time to pad out the coming season with more material instead of requiring filler - it's what I imagine South Park's seasons would be like if episodes were less spontaneously made and they only ran the top half of them instead of including some rubbish. Short seasons have given Bob's something that the other shows can't have because of their high demand, and demand will only rise for this show if they keep airing a few at a time and promptly getting their DVDs out. If they want to make filler, that's fine, but why does it have to air under a false promise? I remember when certain shows felt more special because their standards on which scripts to produce were high and there wasn't that much material yet. I'd love to say "Give me twice as much Bob's Burgers!", but if it's not going to be the same standard as the short seasons out already then what is the point? It would be devalued as if someone printed too much money.

I emailed the staff from Bob's Burgers at their website, people are correct about the third season pickup. From the email, they told me that they were indeed renewed for thirteen episodes, and have potential of being renewed for an additional nine episodes, like how season two started. If that happens, so many episodes would be leftover for a fourth broadcast season, and the total episode count by then would be 58! If you guys need any confirmation, you can drop them an email at behindbobsburgers@gmail.com.

That's excellent news, thank you. I'm glad that a fresh new show can do well without having Seth in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krikt View Post
    That's excellent news, thank you. I'm glad that a fresh new show can do well without having Seth in the credits.
    That's what I especially love about this show. I remember that I was mixed on the first episode when I first watched it, but I got into the show after the second episode. Even though it was doing great with me, I didn't think it was going to be picked up for a second one at all, until I was proved wrong. Twice.

Thanks for the update, Startug! Could you possibly ask them about merchandise and such?

Thanks for the update, Startug! Could you possibly ask them about merchandise and such?
    Sure! Emailing them is fun, as they've got very nice people in the staff department. I'm not sure if they'll do much merchandising, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks! AWESOME George Carlin avatar!

Blog Entries

so yea, Art Crawl and I think Bed and Breakfast both were fantastic. still have to finish off the last 3-4 episodes of season one, but i'm looking forward to it. don't know where i'll find s2 but i'll be sure to look for it

Thread Information