Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Yeah, but they released Season 1 like it was aired, not in production order. If FOX released Season 2 with all twenty-two episodes, people find another thing to complain on as they'll have to name it volume two or some stupid shit like the original releases of Family Guy and American Dad. I would love if it did have all twenty-two Season 2 episodes though.

Blog Entries

I specifically don't watch the preview clips and try not to read the descriptions, because I know it will ruin the episode.

Frankly, I think they should release Season 2 as a whole. It makes some kind of economic sense anyway as they'll have less trouble getting the uncertain buyer to take all twenty-two at once than to come back for more. As a person who will take or leave boxed sets depending on income, I know they'd get more out of me selling them all at once. It seems like others agree, because forking out for a boxed set at all appears to be a decision formulated on how much awesome stuff the buyer can take home in one case, and less dictated by price. Separately I wouldn't necessarily get off my arse to buy the first sets this year - they have to bear in mind the world of piracy and how many people consider it morally acceptable as long as they think they'll pay "later"; especially people who live in countries where the seasons air even weeks later than the initial date. Not everyone has strong morals over ever making the purchase either, but I think they'd be more likely to if there was no delay to getting the collection up to date. The highest offenders often have a thing about sitting back and thinking "I have ALL, not SOME of this content, in GOOD QUALITY." It's more obsessional than plain selfish. Just make it equally easy to obtain legally (permanently) and those people probably will. /rambling

Banned
    Blog Entries

Exactly I think it will be all 22 in aired order by the time the set is out... which may be awhile.

At least until all the eps in that order have aired.

I say just release it after the 22 have aired and still call it "Season 2," because it is the second production season and who gives a crap. It really wasn't until Netflix became popular that I even started hearing the most average of my friends sounding like total nerds by referring to stuff as "season 2 of Vampire Diaries" and "Walking Dead season 1." If Netflix tells them the 22 episodes are season 2, the casual fans won't know any better and thus won't argue it. The hardcore fans will pick up on it right away that it's the second production season. I don't think too many people will be confused.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

For the DVD if they included all 22, it'd be best if the episodes put on there are aired in broadcast order, as An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal was made after the Christmas episode.

Blog Entries

I don't care, just get some episodes on DVD somehow sometime.

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Right, I'm going to begin watching Bob's Burgers from the very first episode after having only seen one episode before (the one in which he gets into the crawl space).

Is there anything I should know before beginning a show I've been meaning to watch for ages? Or should I just plow on ahead and enjoy?

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    Right, I'm going to begin watching Bob's Burgers from the very first episode after having only seen one episode before (the one in which he gets into the crawl space).

Is there anything I should know before beginning a show I've been meaning to watch for ages? Or should I just plow on ahead and enjoy?
    The first few episodes are somewhat weak. It picks up at around episode 4 or 5. The middle of season 2 is when it REALLY gets good.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Good to hear, I'm looking forward to it.

I just had a quick look at Wikipedia and that 'crawl space' episode was only the second ep. That probably explains why I thought it was weak and was then surprised when people started raving about the show. Judging the show as a whole after only watching one ep. was silly of me, anyway.

Blog Entries

I stopped after the 3rd or 4th episode.
    Maybe I'll give this show a second chance.

You really should. It's a great show and easily the best of the animation bunch right now.

Does it have a rewatchable quality?

Blog Entries

Of course. There'll be things that you've probably missed on a 1st watch in an episode, and a lot of them are so great that you can't help but watch them more than once.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think "Bob's Burgers" is amazing!!

It's a beyond rewatchable show that's simply superb for comedy lovers of things like "Home Movies".
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 11-21-2012 at 12:01 AM.

It most definitely is rewatchable. Even when an episode is a little bit lame compared to others, it is still fun to rewatch. Very addicting show, and even after I've seen every episode, I've probably missed a whole bunch of dialogue and jokes.

Blog Entries

I managed to introduce a college mate of mine to the show today, one of our latest projects is to design DVD menus and naturally I chose Bob's Burgers which he was curious about. He was hooked as soon as I showed him the clip of Linda and her Porcelain Babies. My lecturer revealed that he also likes the show so I guess it's slowly becoming more popular over here, yay!

As for rewatching, I'm just about to re-watch Bed and Breakfast which is one of my favourite Season One episodes.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

I haven't watched this season since the halloween show. Dunno why.

Blog Entries

I hope they're re-airing the season 2 episodes. I've missed a few..

They are at the moment. They air them at 7:30 I think.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nice!

Wait, I take it back. When they do reruns, they have them air at 7:00.

Here's some pics for those who didn't take a look, and also, I've notice no one has still not started a Bob's Burgers Group, so I started one. It's called the Bob's Burger Extension, an group extended from NoHomers, for those who like Bob's Burgers can join. I am currently new at making a group, but I think I've done good so far. Also I might rename The Bob's Burger Extension when I see something more "fitting" from later episodes, like how NoHomer's got it's fitting name from the TV Series in the episode, Homer The Great. Here's the link http://www.nohomers.net/group.php?groupid=129
    Tina-Rannosaurus Rex

The Unbearable Like-Likeness of Gene

God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-Mannequins

Last edited by Santa Shoz; 11-24-2012 at 03:41 AM.

The top episode is actually titled Tina-Rannosaurus Wrecks.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the pics @Startug (you're the one that posts them on the Wiki right?) and @shoz999 . As usual, these look fantastic. Particularly looking forward to Unbearable Like-likeness. It'd be nice to see Gene have more development. And the Tina-centric episode should be good aswell because it's Tina, need I say more?

I'm the one who posts them as I have an account at FOX's press release site. I'm excited for the episode because of Bob Odenkirk playing as the crooked insurance adjuster, Chase Kaminsky.

I thought it should be posted here as well. Most do, but not everyone goes to the wiki and so far, I rarely see any images uploaded here lately. Sorry, if this offends you even a little.
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 11-24-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Blog Entries

@shoz999 I've joined your group. We really do need more members considering how big the show is on here.

No offense taken. They're not mine to say "back off, these are mine", and since FOX uploads them to be used, you are allowed to use them.
    I just haven't uploaded them here as I was not sure if they would spoil too much of the episode for some people.

Oh... yes, I have said that these days people spoil episodes, movies, games, anything too much with trailers and TV spots, but I never thought about pictures... You have a good point.

Thread Information