Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Burgers (now with ten seasons and a movie)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually missed the first episode, but I really enjoyed 2 and 3. Easily the best thing on AD right now, atleast for me

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

I don't know if I would say Bob's Burgers is better than American Dad! quite yet because it's only aired 3 episodes. 2 of them great and the pilot was good but somewhat lacking like mot pilot episodes. Shame probably either American Dad! or Bob's Burgers are going to be done at the end of this season.

I thought I heard American Dad was renewed...maybe not, though. But if worst comes to worst, by looking at Wikipedia's list of unaired episodes (which may or may not be completely accurate), there are still over a season's worth of episodes to air. Though perhaps a bunch of those scripts aren't developed yet; I have no clue.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

The premise of Sunday's new episode, "Sexy Dance Fighting," didn't really have me thrilled at first. Then I saw it's about Tina. Now I'm excited.

Hahah. Tina creeped me out at first but now I loved how fucked up she is. Looking forward to this.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

grappling with local oaf Postmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ohh Jon Glaser in the next episode it seems, this series is far too awesome for guest stars.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

holy shit, that seal slap sampling line

Hired Goon

Just watched the first two eps, pretty funny. Watching the next three tomorrow.

there's an actual Bob's Burgers here in Los Angeles. lol

http://restaurantplace.com/restauran...x?restId=10356

It seems to be a very typical name for burger joints too across the country. I'm very tempted to go to this particular one though just to see if they get a lot of comments about it.

Blog Entries

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwerasdf View Post
    Is that a real kids menu? That show is def. NOT for kids, lol.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

lol

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

If I had kids, I would let them watch it.

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that way my kid's could put anuses on everything

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...burgers-214507

apparently we can expect a 22 episode season now, which is great news!
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

Blog Entries

Well, not so. They only ordered the scripts, which gives them the option to greenlight production at any second (since the turnaround must be fast), so that way if Allen Gregory bombs they can immediately start airing the initial BB episodes in its place while the back nine is being produced for the spring.

Then again, considering that Allen Gregory looks like a giant pile of shit waiting to fail... yeah we can expect a 22-episode season now.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I wonder if they're going to air this show in France starting from september because I'd really like to see how it is! I'm planning to get Season 1 on DVD if they never end up showing it on the french television. I watched the introduction of each of the five characters on Youtube (I laughed twice out loud throughout their 2 minute video. You'd have a hard time to make me laugh once in a 20 minutes Simpsons episode today. I usually just smile about three times throughout a 20 minute episode). When are they planning to release the first Season on DVD (end of 2011 or beginning of 2012)?

January of 2012 according to TV Shows on DVD. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bob...Season-1/15302

Quote Originally Posted by The Flimpsons View Post
    January of 2012 according to TV Shows on DVD. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bob...Season-1/15302
    Okay, thanks for the information The Flimpsons ! I don't think they'll ever sell this show in France (unless they start airing it on french television) so I'll most probably have to import a region 2 DVD from the United Kingdom so I can watch the show on my television. Anyways, January of 2012 is in quite a long time. Aren't they also planning to start Season 2 around the same period of time?

Blog Entries

it's only 4 months away

Possibly 6.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

haha 1 day after allen gregory premiere

Blog Entries

and they still say spring. sigh.

damn napoleon dynamite.

If Fox keeps green lighting new animated series, do you think it's going to cut down the number of episodes per season for shows (minus Simpsons and Family Guy)? It sounds like with Allen Gregory, Napoleon Dynamite and Bob's Burgers they're trying out a "trimester" type deal. Then you've still gotta fit American Dad in there sometimes, too. Perhaps there will be less Sundays filled with 100% repeats on Fox this TV season, but less episodes per season would suck, too. South Park's seven-episode runs and Beavis and Butthead's grand total of twelve are not nearly enough before they're over; is this the direction that network TV could be taking to cram a larger variety of shows in the schedule?

Blog Entries

that would be nice

I think all tv shows should have 13-episode seasons

I really hope this thing comes back soon, not only because I found it sort of charming but because it's sorely needed to wash out the taste of how bad Allen Gregory is.

Assuming Allen Gregory gets canned in the next month, maybe they'll move Cleveland Show back to 7:30 and give us some new American Dad at 8:30 until Napoleon Dynamite starts? American Dad seems to be Fox's show to fall back on, where it seems like they'd cancel it, but it's well liked enough that they can just throw it around the schedule and the fans will follow.

Blog Entries

Yeah American Dad will most likely be slotted in, as I doubt Bob's Burgers' first ordered batch of thirteen is finished yet and they want to have a headway into introducing Napoleon Dynamite.

Blog Entries

dvd

e-mail press release I just got:

The Belcher family cooks up more chaos when the sizzling animated series comes to DVD April 17th from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The #1 animated premiere of the 2010-2011 season, “BOB’S BURGERS” is a flavor sensation filled with quirky characters and unforgettable antics! The Season 1 DVD is filled with even more uncensored moments to satisfy any appetite including:

Bobs Burger's Audio Outtakes – Stars H. Jon Benjamin, Kristen Schaal and the rest of the gang go off script and fill you up with hilarious uncensored dialogue!

Louise and the Burger Menu (Story Extension) – Very funny piece about how Louise names the “burger of the day” with custom animation and voice over (Kristen Schaal)

Bob’s Burgers Original Demo with Intro by Loren Bouchard – This is the “studio pitch piece” and Loren’s explanation on the process and changes of the characters and casting

Lifting up the skirt of the Night – Music video inspired by an original song from the series

Audio Commentaries

“BOB’S BURGERS” follows a third-generation restaurateur, Bob Belcher who runs Bob's Burgers with the help of his wife and their three kids. Despite his greasy counters, lousy location and occasionally spotty service, Bob is convinced his burgers speak for themselves. Featuring the voice talents of H. Jon Benjamin (“Archer”) and Kristen Schaal (“Flight of the Concords”), “Bob’s Burgers” is a hilarious comedy about one unconventional family that will have you coming back for seconds.

Thread Information