Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 3838

Thread: Spongebob SquarePants

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turkey gobbler View Post
    season 9's just boring. stuff like plankton's pet and milkshake people praised because they weren't shit. but they're not funny or anything. just there
    some of the newest episodes produced after the second film have been legit good. Sewers of bikini bottom is pre good ep imo as well as company picnic and squid plus one.
    a lot of the older writers, storyboarders and animators who were introduced after the first movie have left and have been replaced with new or returning ones in the second half of season 9 so the show feels completely different then it ever has. it's pre much a different show now, nothing amazing but I'd say it's worth watching.

notable returning staff
    http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_McCulloch
    http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Pendarvis
    http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Kaz

but yes the eps produced for the first half of s9 are still insanely boring and kiddy and not worth watching at all.

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

I figured a lot of people liked stuff like Safe Deposit Krabs, Jailbreak and Gary's New Friend, which were pretty great. But the second half is definitely better, mostly.
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Blog Entries

oh i only watched like. the first epsiode after the movie. might have to check em out

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I'm in the minority that likes season 9 as a whole (and most of season 8 as well). Yes, it gave us stinkers like Squid baby, Little Yellow Book, and SB, You're Fired!. but if you get past the bad ones, there's not too much abomination like there were in some season 6/7 episodes. Also, Jack Pendarvis isn't a returning writer. He never worked on SB before and he was a story writer on Adventure Time (though I'm VERY confused on his production resume as he is credited in the newest episodes, were they're made before his SBSP episodes). My least favorite in the post-sequel second half of season 9 is Lost in Bikini Bottom. Not bad, but needs better writing and characterization of SpongeBob (who felt like his season 6 self at times). The animation makes up for that. I've been saying this a lot, but the animation in the past 10 episodes sure had been a major improvement. It helps that there's a new storyboard artist who is clearly responsible for the awesome facial expressions we've been seeing lately. If only The Simpsons and Regular Show can has that animation style that SB current have right now. I also think the animation style in this era reminds me a combination of Ren and Stimpy and Steven Universe. IDK why but i got a vibe out of those two shows in a way: The wacky animation in certain moments (Squidward growing his head twice in Squid Plus One, most of Compant Picnic, some of the facial expressions especially how a character reacts to something) is reminiscent of Ren and Stimpy; along with that, the off-model facial expressions made me think of Steven Universe because fans are flattered whenever a character has a funny face and fans of SBSP had been flattered as well for the same reason. I'm hoping to see more of that and it's a damn shame that certain shows is afraid to make character off-model for the sake of a joke (most comedy cartoons are supposed to have wacky animation).
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Banned
    Blog Entries

SpongeBob is quite possibly my favorite show of all time

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Thanks for bumping the thread just to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

have you no self-awareness

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Welp, I'm never recovering from that sick comeback.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

my opinion on the second movie has changed a little bit. still not a huge fan of it but I appreciate it for what it is. maybe because I haven't watched spongebob in so long the humor felt so weird and wacky a lot of the time. reading that the current season is good is making me want to watch some episodes, just out of curiosity sake

I love this show! My favourite episode is Chocolate With Nuts.

CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Blog Entries

hm

Blog Entries

chocolate with nuts is honestly my go-to for favorite episode just because it's one of the few episodes that makes me laugh pretty much the whole way through. the entire episode is gold imo

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Same here, pretty much either that one or Band Geeks (and not even just for the song).
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

This is definitely one of my favorite shows. My favorite episodes are Squidville, Chocolate with Nuts, and Pizza Delivery.

Blog Entries

@cupcakecat @Carrot Man
    i want 2 party with u guys

my favorite episode is Sailor Mouth

$%#&#&%#&%&#!!!

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the certifiably gold episodes for me are "The Algae's Always Greener" and "Squid's Day Off".

squidward smells good

Junior Camper

The biggest difference between old and new Spongebob is the tone. The old episodes felt more deadpan and "sitcommy", whereas the new ones feel like a Nick Jr. show - characters screaming constantly, overly-bright animation, preschool-level humor, etc.

Blog Entries

K

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Junior Camper

And I don't think it's "nostalgia" either. Even children today only seem to quote the pre-movie episodes, why? Because the new episodes aren't very memorable.

Blog Entries

hang out around a lot of kids do ya?

Junior Camper

No, my brother says the kids in his school only quote the old episodes

Blog Entries

okay, gotcha. thanks for that information

Blog Entries

there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    I'm in the minority that likes season 9 as a whole (and most of season 8 as well). Yes, it gave us stinkers like Squid baby, Little Yellow Book, and SB, You're Fired!
    When I see hate those specific S9 episodes I instantly think Mr Enter. Though I could be wrong. And it's not that big of a deal.

I actually liked Little Yellow Book (the complaint that the town were jerks isnt that bad for me because Bikini Bottom was always filled with assholes) and You're Fired's only real flaw was the reason he was fired. Which I suppose is a large part of the episode I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    oh i only watched like. the first epsiode after the movie. might have to check em out
    I watched since the show started and I legitimately think Executive Treatment, Squid Plus One and Patrick the Game are the absolute best the show has been since Season 4. Maybe 3. I say give it a shot. Though some episodes of Season 9 are a bit slower paced than the classic ones, but I prefer that to the sped up pace of the shit seasons.

I also generally rate S9 above S4 because, while 4 had some amazing stuff like Skill Crane, 9 is generally more consistent as 4 was where the show started falling apart.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll say the show is definitely getting back on track. Mr, Krabs' character is a great example of this. People complained that he got too ahead of himself, but in a recent episode, after Pearl crashes right through the kitchen, she asks him for money and he immediately obliges. In Seasons 4-8 he'd probably be like, "First ye crash though me kitchen, costing me thousands in repairs, then ye want MORE MONEY?!"

As for the recent episode, "Mall Girl Pearl" (which preceded the KCAs), I found it enjoyable. Pearl needs more episodes.

I personally think every character has recovered (except Mrs Puff)

Thread Information