Thread: Spongebob SquarePants

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

The second movie has a chance at being even better than the first. It stars more of the characters and it seems like they're trying to do something big with it, rather than just an extended episode starring Spongebob and Patrick.

Blog Entries

i like how this makes the scope of the movie seem super huge

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

I like how Krabs can pulp Krabby Patties into a pizza.

It's officially confirmed that Stephen Hillenburg is coming back to the show in January: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/sponge...ow-106935.html

Blog Entries

again i really doubt it's going to matter because after he left they still consulted him and sent him scripts all the time to approve

I made a video on my opinion of Hillenburg returning.

I made a video on my opinion of Hillenburg returning.

Blog Entries

IMDB has a clip from the movie where Spongebob sings a song about how he loves Mondays. It's cute but overall nothing great. The traditional animation looks fantastic at least, it's been sorely missed theatrically.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Goddamn, this looks good.

Goddamn, this looks good.

Blog Entries

a better version of the above clip:

also two new clips

the traditional animation is really great, but otherwise it just looks mildly humorous

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really hope Patchy appears in this.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bubble Bass lives!

Voice acting and animation all look good. Humor feels kind of different, but it still seems like it'll be decent at least, with a few really good moments here and there.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

man the lip sync when spongebob sings "when life knocks you down and rubs dirt in your face/use the dirt to grow roses all over the place" is noticeably awful. i hope they fix it because nothing pisses me off in animation more than bad lip sync.

anyway this looks ok. i'll be seeing it in theaters probably because i have nothing better to do in february, and i haven't seen traditional animation in theaters in a long while. there's no way it'll be better than the first though.

Blog Entries

welp the traditional animation scenes look pretty but unfunny and the live action ones look generic and unfunny.

Actually looks pretty funny, a little better than the first movie. And since I am big on SpongeBob (my favorite being the seasons 1, 2, 3, and some of 4), so I'm hoping it's good.
    http://www.nohomers.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69580&dateline=1420217955

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

I think this looks pretty great
    won't match the first one because there are just too many memorable moments in that thing but this will no way be a disaster and I wouldn't be surprised if this got better critical reception than the original.
    looking forward to it.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

Didn't the original get generally positive reviews?

Blog Entries

iirc it's hovering around the mid-60s on RT.

Blog Entries

There has yet to be a cartoon movie to dissapoint me. South Park, first Spongebob, all the Futurama ones, Simpsons, none of them dissapointed me. Looking forward to this movie, I wonder if it'll be on Youtube like with The Simpsons Movie. I managed to watch the whole thing before it got down.... and that hours after I watched it first in the cinema. I was like ''I'll just watch 10 minutes'' and I ended upw atching the whole thing again

For Spongebob I wouldn't watch it in the cinema, I'd imagine there would be nothing but loud kids there.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    There has yet to be a cartoon movie to dissapoint me. South Park, first Spongebob, all the Futurama ones, Simpsons, none of them dissapointed me. Looking forward to this movie, I wonder if it'll be on Youtube like with The Simpsons Movie. I managed to watch the whole thing before it got down.... and that hours after I watched it first in the cinema. I was like ''I'll just watch 10 minutes'' and I ended upw atching the whole thing again

For Spongebob I wouldn't watch it in the cinema, I'd imagine there would be nothing but loud kids there.
    Need sequel now
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    iirc it's hovering around the mid-60s on RT.
    wow granted it's been over a decade but I could've sworn it garnering 70-80 percent back when it came out

Blog Entries

so apparently the movie ends with  an epic rap battles of history parody. 

quality stuff folks!

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

gahhh the temptation to hover over that black bar...

Blog Entries

Here's a review folks:
    http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews...er-1201420465/
    So apparently only a small amount of the film takes place out of water, which is good to hear. Also tormented is right about the  rap battle thing which is actually written by the epic rap battle creators   Also there's some time travel and shit.

Blog Entries

sry but this is gonna tank [lmao] critically

Blog Entries

another review. this one is negative. they also call tom kenny "glenn" and glenn berger "Glenn Gerber"
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...er-film-768839

Blog Entries

Yeah the Variety review did that too.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy that the live action/CGI parts not being long is true, though they honestly haven't looked that horrendous from the trailers.

Still confident this will be a decent kids movie, no matter what is being said so far. Ending song sounds like ass though, especially if it's supposed to be parallel to the Goofy Goober Song ending of the first one.

Blog Entries

The reviews are decent, surprisingly and I wouldn't be shocked if we've already seen about 80% of the live action stuff. The fact that apparently the movie is 92 minutes and the entire second act is Plankton/Spongebob teaming up and traveling through time (???) makes me think the movie is probably mildly amusing (critics usually deal with some terrible family shit so even modern day Spongebob probably seems ok by comparison) but terribly disjointed and episodic which the first movie didn't really feel like.

Once again, this is definitely a crappy cam watch for me.

Thread Information