Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Beavis & Butt-Head general discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Sorry to bring false hope to people on the future of Beavis and Butthead by reviving this thread, because there's still no news. But there are a couple of marathons of the latest season going on this week - Wednesday afternoon starting at 4/3c on MTV 2, and then Saturday night on Comedy Central (yes, I said Comedy Central) beginning at 8:30/7:30c. But the fact that they're bringing reruns on air for the first time in months could be a good thing. MTV just got a new programming chief, and she hates any programming that doesn't have positive role models. She said something bitchy when asked about the fate of Beavis and Butthead: "Talk to me in a month." But now that the reruns are crossing over to another channel, perhaps we're seeing the top o' the mountain.
    Last edited by Train on the Water; 12-17-2012 at 05:25 PM.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

Thank god MTV finally found themselves a good executive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlimpsonsChristmasBoogie View Post
    MTV just got a new programming chief, and she hates any programming that doesn't have positive role models.
    so that leaves...

daria
    sharon osbourne
    kurt loder

Damn bitch... There goes the hope of Good Vibes or Beavis and Butt-head coming back.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

To be fair (And by that I mean the part of my brain the keeps my hope for the show continuing has just kicked in) Beavis and Butt-Head's stupidity is done so in a comedic manner, not in a serious Snooki manner. Plus perhaps the fact that they now skewer the horrible "Role models" on MTV's reality shows might help sway this new executive towards renewing the show.

Maybe if the show brought back this old disclaimer, she might ease up:

EDIT: Just reading that article that @FlimpsonsChristmasBoogie posted. It says one of the hopes for this new executive is that she can come up with other shows to attract a female audience....I'm thinking Daria could either get revived, or at least make a few minor cameos in Beavis and Butt-Head first (With justified reason for the sake of continuity) just to test the waters.
    Last edited by Shaunbadia; 12-17-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    bitch

Blog Entries

I can only imagine MTV will become flooded with crappy girl show now, and yeah there goes Beavis and Butt-head she sounds like a bich who probably hates any adult cartoon. I mean she wants to keep Teen Mom that show is total garbage.
    Well at least there might be LESS garbage now, there probably wont be any more shitty reality shows besides Teen mom. Oh yeah I saw an add for the finale of Jersey shore episode a minute ago too.
    At least that show is dead now

Blog Entries

Finally! A show I can ignore easily that other people like is gone! I feel accomplished!

Blog Entries

hey can you guys cool it with the misogyny

you're kinda proving her point

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    hey can you guys cool it with the misogyny

you're kinda proving her point
    Why do you care? I doubt she's going to be reading this thread.

I don't think it's misogynistic to think she's stupid for removing a show as well received as the Beavis and Butt-Head revival. I mean, if she wants more female programming, that's fine, but don't alienate the male audience too.

At least Comedy Central is having a B&B marathon over Christmas. Maybe they can keep people interested like they did for Futurama before new episodes came out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Why do you care? I doubt she's going to be reading this thread.
    Because I care about the quality of this forum and its posters

I didn't say it was misogynist to think she's stupid, but it's misogynistic to call her a bitch for a decision she hasn't even made yet

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

I didn't say it was misogynist to think she's stupid, but it's misogynistic to call her a bitch for a decision she hasn't even made yet
    Fair enough. Though now that I think about it, if she does renew the show, I think it's safe to say that they won't be allowed to make fun of "Teen Mom" or "16 and Pregnant" anymore...come to think of it, if she has a soft spot for those shows then I'd almost be tempted to say that "MTV True Life" will be a no-no for making fun of as well.

Ah sorry, I didn't mean misogyny about the woman. I wasn't thinking when writing it and now I look and see how stupid of a post I made.

Bump

BrokenBox

Lol

Blog Entries

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/714618/
    One of the funniest episodes, Woodshop is a fucking riot. I provided the link because it doesn't work in the video thing.
    Last edited by pax; 10-27-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yet another year has gone by without getting the show renewed, and so has yet another year I've indulged in my fairly recent tradition of watching the uncut "Beavis & Butt-Head Do Christmas" every Christmas eve. Since that episode is so fucking good (particularly the "Huh-Huh Humbug" segment with Beavis, fucking comedy gold) I've gotten on another Beavis & Butt-Head jag, especially now that I've got the beloved KingTurd collection of the whole show plus the new season backed up on my new External HD I got for Christmas. I still can't believe how underrated this show was, even during its run, like how badly people just wrote this show off and how history mostly just seems to remember it as something vulgar and mindless. I'd love to see this come back, maybe on Comedy Central or something, but I'm not holding my breath, especially now that Mike Judge is busy with Silicon Valley. Oh well.
    Last edited by LosTickaToeRest; 12-29-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

well it was cancelled a long time ago, so...

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

*Sigh* Once again, as with every other time this thread gets bumped, my soul dies a little when it's not news of the revival continuing.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Startug

Blog Entries

this show wasn't underrated. it was like a touchstone in adult humor for a long time. it was pretty huge. that's why a movie was made that also made a pretty profit. it's just that popularity has declined because the show has been off the air for so long, and the revival got little press because MTV is a shitty network.

Blog Entries

I keep hoping it will get re-revived, but I've come to accept that I shouldn't get my hopes even slightly up

🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: dman360

Thread Information