Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: south park general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I laughed a few times in the first act but, in worst-case-scenario SP fashion, the last 16 minutes was just repeating the same jokes over and over again until I got bored. Worst episode of the season, easily.
    Signature.

juice with the people prince jafar allah's Avatar

it was extremely lazy and really fucking stupid but when it got to the second half and became just a moronic barrage of over-the-top nascar jokes it was hilarious. "i'm tradin' paint!"

sleep is the cousin of death Aaron's Avatar

Yeah, what kept me laughing through this was 90% Cartman's redneck impression. So utterly absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
    The only part I really enjoyed was the Vagina Cleaner CEO's repeated nudging at his wife, and her inevitable backlash.

They could've made a clever commentary on NASCAR racing, like they did with modern wrestling last season. But they didn't.
    Isn't them saying that the public misconception of NASCAR as being for inbred hicks is totally false and the drivers are actually intelligent people a pretty clever commentary? Certainly more-so than "wrestling is like broadway".

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

It was an alright ep....but more of the same predictability from Cartman.

that press conference part was funny. really funny, actually. i don't think i laughed that hard at anything from this show since the fishsticks episode.

edit- also next week's episode is anti-New Jersey. i like it so far.
    Last edited by Mira; 10-07-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, there was something disturbingly funny about Cartman eating all that Vagisil the first time

yeah i didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as everyone else. Cartman's redneck voice was hilarious everytime although I did think he and Butters' sounded a bit off throughout the first act.

there is also something a bit unsettling about the current animation. i know that they've had it for a few season now but whenever they had the Nascar's on the track i just couldn't help but think it looked very un-SouthPark-like.
    We got no food, we got no jobs, our PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

i need my eyes excited. JoelofArc's Avatar

yeah, also the fact that they do such well thought-out camera angles now is weird, like that first shot in the hospital.

With how much the show has artistically expanded, the crew probably feels so restricted because they have to maintain that simplistic feel in the characters. I'm sure they're dying to give them joints, facial structure, freckles, etc. but know that South Park can't just have it.

Anyway, great midseason premiere. After the mediocre Sexual Healing kickoff last spring, I was happy to see Matt and Trey weren't anxiously waiting all summer to rip on the oil spill, choosing goofiness over something topical. I laughed quite a bit because I feel there were many funny funny lines and exchanges in each moment instead of one gag being the focus. 5/5.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

HOW MUCH WERE MY SHARES DILUT Kamerica's Avatar

redneck humor is really lazy, but i laughed at the press conference. also found them lampooning the use of the word "gay" funny considering the fag episode they did a couple years back. i did laugh at "my muse"

this show sucks now

Morman Standard Time Ihaveblink's Avatar

Can't believe how predictable the show is now. I feel like it's the same episode with just a different theme every couple of episodes.

2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerica View Post
    redneck humor is really lazy, but i laughed at the press conference. also found them lampooning the use of the word "gay" funny considering the fag episode they did a couple years back.
    Not even that long ago, it was part of block 2 of Season 13 - so not even a year yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Granto
    there is also something a bit unsettling about the current animation. i know that they've had it for a few season now but whenever they had the Nascar's on the track i just couldn't help but think it looked very un-SouthPark-like.
    Definitely. The worst offenders for this are vehicles - this as well as Tiger Woods' car in the premiere are perfect examples. It's kind of a blend of 2D and 3D and it really doesn't look right in the SP universe. They also seem to overcomplicate scenes now, and backgrounds have so much detail it feels kind of like a screw you to the older animation (even as recent as Seasons 10/11). Sure, the animators may be trying to show off their talents and what the show is capable of, but on the other hand I find the crudeness of the animation of the first ten seasons (even when they did stuff like Good Times With Weapons), as really adding to the charm of the show. If anything, the more detailed animation makes things blander.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

i'm just worried whenever i hear Parker and Stone say they hate the old episodes and every new season that they do is their best. surely they wouldn't go down the road of the simpsons and outstay their welcome as well..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Granto View Post
    surely they wouldn't go down the road of the simpsons and outstay their welcome as well..
    they've pretty much already outstayed their welcome.

yeah this show peaked at season 8 probably

the few after that were decent but it'd be nice if matt and trey ended it soon

Hmm. I actually think South Park is as good as ever (even if this recent episode wasn't great). It has it's ups and downs, but in general I still expect great things from it, and the recent seasons have been among my favorites. As long as it stays on this level, I'd like it to continue for a while. On the flip side, a good proportion of the episodes from the first two or three seasons are almost unwatchable to me.

I don't expect it to be like The Simpsons for the simple reason that the original creators still give a shit about it. If they ever lose interest in it, they'll end the show rather than farming a lot of the work out to someone else (like, um, they did in season two). They're not Matt Groening.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Quote Originally Posted by DotheBartman View Post
    Hmm. I actually think South Park is as good as ever (even if this recent episode wasn't great). It has it's ups and downs, but in general I still expect great things from it, and the recent seasons have been among my favorites. As long as it stays on this level, I'd like it to continue for a while.
    I practically agree. Most of the episodes I watched I generally enjoyed, and the creators do care about the show alot, they care about their fans. Though I have some gripes about the show (one being the sudden changes in intelligence levels and behaivor), it is still the best animated show on the air so far, and yes. I have watched all of the episodes.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

This episode was, and I'm not just throwing this phrase out there loosely, one of the worst episodes ever. At least, in my opinion. Just terrible all around.

meh pretty dull episode. Just seemed like the show was just going through the motions. Nothing great really at all.

I basically laughed exactly one time throughout this ep and that was when Cartman received the Vagisil car. Just a bland episode. My dad loves NASCAR and I didn't really find myself wanting to laugh about anything that happened. I think I almost felt bad for NASCAR.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

It is one of those easy-mode targets isn't it?

Pretty much. Then again maybe if this was done about 5 or more years ago I might have laughed more about the redneck humor... I dunno. It was just so uninteresting I had to rewind several times due to not paying attention. Butters didn't even catch my interest.

Blog Entries

Got done watching the episode, wow, not that good. It had its funny moments, like Cartman running over all the people and whatnot. Not to mention his running commentary on everything while driving. Plus, having a car sponsored by Vagisil was funny. Overall, this was a very dull, lame, and bad episode. Also, I didn't care for the animation on the cars at all.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

much better than last week, but it seems like they've done this story way too many times (Grey Dawn, Die Hippie Die, Night of the Living Homeless)
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

New Episode "It's a Jersey Thing"

Everything east of the Rockies is now part of New Jersey!! South Park is in danger of becoming West Jersey within the week. As the Jerseyites spill into Colorado and approach South Park, Randy and the boys stand strong against the onslaught.
    Of course New Jersey is kind of an easy target (hey, Futurama managed to make some pretty harsh jabs at NJ within its first few episodes), but this sounds like it could be pretty great.

Or it could be another zombie parody episode, except the jersey "zombies" are the running kind when going after your change.

i liked this one actually. Pretty funny stuff.

started kinda shitty but then ruled. the "snookie" creature thing had me rolling.

muff cabbage

Yeah, much better than last week. The whole last act was hysterical.

Hired Goon

episode was going nowhere until we found out kyle's mom is from jersey, then it got much better. jersey is quite an easy target and they seemed to go for a lot of easy jokes, but i still liked it. definitely better than last week, although that doesn't take much at all

Thread Information